Never Gonna Give You Up, Rick.

September 8, 2021 at 23:51 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
Never Gonna Give You Up, Rick.
In the midst of all the serous complexity and sheer terror being unleashed on all of the mankind atm....

I had a random thought today while working out and I´m wondering if anyone here genuinely knows the answer.

Why was Rick Astley made into some kind of a laughing stock of a two time hit wonder? Remember....inserting his music into idiotic videos and being "rick rolled" or some such nonsense. Why did they zero in on Rick? He surely wasn´t the only two hit wonder of the 1980´s, he wasn´t a case of the Milli Vanilli´s either. Rick sang, and sang like church bells he did.

So, I ask why such insidious acts of mocking befell on the ginger Rick Astley?
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 9, 2021 at 01:05
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Perhaps he was just too talented when a fan-base for total mediocrity was happening! :80:
September 9, 2021 at 02:08
(Aries) Wolfmoon
I know nothing is by mistake. I don´t know the definite answer but interestingly Rick Astley and Rick Rolled both equal 36 in gematria. Or 3 6´s.

I don´t know the song all that personally but maybe something in the lyrics that affected those in the 80s they needed to reinforce later?

Complete speculation on my part. I know everything in the music industry is not what it seems.

I remember a clip from some singer who said if you want to make it big you have to learn 2000 words that have a double meaning. Only the other meaning is not widely known to rhe populace.

The reason why you have so many top artists singing about random things, rain, rainman, umbrella etc
September 9, 2021 at 02:12
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » Wolfmoon
Oh wow. I didn´t realize the gematria for both was 36!! I check that calculator often too..

yeah, they have to speak "snake talk" - everything has a double meaning. And if they say one thing, invert it.. that´s the truth...

September 9, 2021 at 02:13
(Pisces) fishscales
I thought this thread was about The Walking Dead :2:
September 9, 2021 at 02:22
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » Wolfmoon
Did you see his birthday?
born 6 February 1966

:22: :22: :22:
September 9, 2021 at 02:48
(Aquarius) nikkia » fishscales
:61:

Caaaaarl!

Stuff and Thangs.

Oh Rick :22: Hardly a wordsmith.
September 9, 2021 at 03:00
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » nikkia
Must be some gag only people who watched that show would understand....

Me... not so much :115:
September 9, 2021 at 03:03
(Aquarius) nikkia » RohiniMoon
Rick wasn´t a zombie but he shot a little girl zombie in her head, still in her PJ´s and slippers and carrying her stuffed bunny by an ear. Episode One.
September 9, 2021 at 10:06
(Pisces) fishscales » nikkia
But she was already dead!

BTW, the correct spelling of "Carl" in Rick-speak is "Coral" (think of how he says it) :61:

As for being a wordsmith...maybe not... but he did have one good line..."my mercy prevails over my wrath"....
September 12, 2021 at 22:39
(Cancer) Victor_Valiant_
Ehm... Rick Astley got on the trend himself lol ;D
Youtube started it on april fools day 2008, when it was getting popular to rickroll someone in 2008,
Rick himself "rickrolled" the thanksgiving parade 2008 ^^

I thought he started the trend himself at first ^^
but he just got on with it & popularized it for his career sake lol

Here´s the full official answer ;D
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…
September 12, 2021 at 22:48
(Leo) merasmus
I don´t think he was a laughing stock by any means, and I don´t remember anybody mocking him personally when the whole Rickrolling first thing went viral. Rick himself also doesn´t mind the meme.

If you´re genuinely curious about how Rickrolling came about or how it´s affected Rick, here´s a really good video going over everything
YouTube
YouTube

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »