Difference between two rising signs

August 24, 2021 at 11:39 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) moony347
Difference between two rising signs
First of all my question is, how easy is it to tell two ascendants that are next to each other apart?

Sometimes I have a problem, either this person is Virgo or Libra ascendant…
Or Scorpio and Sagittarius.

Btw does someone know what are the differences between a Cancer and Gemini rising? How can you tell?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
August 24, 2021 at 12:09
(Pisces) Cind
I think with two signs next to each other there is usually big differences.

Virgo Rising - Libra Rising
Virgo rising I have 4 family members and a friend with this rising sign, they always end up in some sort of job that requires service. Either health care or teaching, depending what sign and house mercury is in.
They talk a lot with their hands or when they move and pick things up in a very particular way.

Libra Rising - they do not shut up, like it´s so hard to get a word in but they are always smiling and they always have very cute and nice smiles.

Scorpio and Sagittarius.
Scorpio rising - Always changing their hair colour. Big difference between Sag and Scorpio - Scorpio sits back observing unlike Sag rising always wants to be in on the conversation unless Jupiter is in Capricorn then they can come across quite stern.

Cancer and Gemini -
Cancer women have big eyes and lips, when younger they usually have a full face and as they get older it´s quite defined. When younger it´s more like the moon ruler and when older it´s like a crab. With men it can be one way round or the other.

Gemini rising -
Women look so much different to men.
Women always look like little pixies, very small, small facial features, petite.

With men they are usually quite tall but thin. They have these particular face features.

Their smiles are always huge! They do not stop talking, use their hands a lot, most of the time when I have met gemini rising they tell me they have been diagnosed with ADHD. Not saying every gemini rising has it but I have met a lot of them who do. They are very energetic with energetic minds.

Just some things I have noticed when I do peoples charts or try to guess their rising signs.
August 24, 2021 at 12:22
(Virgo) moony347 » Cind
Thanks for the reply! I totally agree with your description of the rising signs.
I know someone, who has a similar problem as me, she is either a Virgo or a Libra rising. (Depends on the daylight saving time)

About my rising sign, many people say its Cancer, I have chubby cheeks, and plump lips, but I don´t know if my eyes are big or small... I never liked children, and I´m very freedom loving, and I am attracted more to Sagittarius types, instead of Capricorn.

What do you think and why?
August 24, 2021 at 12:25
(Pisces) fishscales
Physical features are sometimes the easiest way to tell with certain ascendants, especially if you don´t know someone´s personality that well yet.

Libra rising: symetrical features, often "attractive", but obviously not always, dimples

Scorpio rising: thick eyebrows and prominent nose/jaw, thick, squat, powerful build, oftentimes short. The comic book version of Wolverine is definitely a Scorpio rising.:4: Often a dark complexion, or dark hair/eyes

Cancer rising: pale complexion, often a round, "moonlike" face, often uses their hands in a "claw-like" manner (like a crab)

Gemini rising: usually thin and on the taller side, active, vibrant, sparkling eyes

Maybe this will help you differentiate between some of the ascendants you´re talking about.
August 24, 2021 at 12:31
(Pisces) Cind » moony347
If you´re her friend it will be hard to tell as you are probably more connected to her moon sign and you will be feeling that energy more.
You should watch what she is like around new people and her behaviour but don´t tell her so she acts as she usually would.

I am not sure, is that your right birth details in your profile?
August 24, 2021 at 12:31
(Virgo) moony347 » fishscales
I think how someone comes across depends on many other placements, but I agree with your descriptions.

Maybe I´m just bad at guessing lol
August 24, 2021 at 12:32
(Pisces) fishscales » moony347
I´m a bit confused...

The chart on your profile says you´re a Scorpio rising...but you are mentioning Cancer...is there a question as to your correct birth time?

You do look like a Cancer rising to me...
August 24, 2021 at 12:36
(Virgo) moony347 » Cind
No on my profile that´s the wrong information !

My info: August 25, 1999, Almaty Kazakhstan 1:10 am

Maybe I´m a bad guesser) We are not really that close, but she does have her moon in Libra.
August 24, 2021 at 12:39
(Virgo) moony347 » fishscales
No the information on my profile is wrong, I decided not to show it.

Sometimes, I also think I look exactly like a Cancer rising. But that´s all, just physically, my personality I believe is not Cancer at all.

Yes, it all depends on other different placements.
August 24, 2021 at 12:47
(Pisces) Cind » moony347
I´ve just had a look at your birthchart and your rising is at 16 degrees which is a cancer degree. That´s probably why people guess cancer.
You also have Sun in 4th House cancer house.

A lot of people when they meet me say I have a piercing look like I am looking through their soul. My sun is in the 8th House ruling my Ascendant haha
August 24, 2021 at 12:52
(Scorpio) RohanScorpio
Cancer rising are a bit chubby. They are observing and need to feel safe to let people into their lives. They usually had some emotional pain from their household growing up.

I am a gemini rising...

Gemini rising people are taller than everage and have a thin frame. Their minds are everywhere and not everyone can keep up. Often restless and known to be a jack of all trades and master of none. Gemini risings have intellectual pursuits and in their communications, they are stimulated on an intellectual level. The way they walk is fast paced and take big strides. From their mind being overstimulated, they walk fast paced and are always in a hury for new intellectual pursuits. People with gemini rising can think fast and have a way with words which make them really good communicators.

Personally I know a lot of cancer rising and they are usually chubby. Someone with a cancer rising is more reserved in communication and wants to feel things out first. As a gemini rising we alert and we always have something to talk about. We are quiet quirky and the way we talk is enticing!
August 24, 2021 at 12:58
(Pisces) fishscales » moony347
Well, with the correct birth info, it says you´re a Gemini rising, but dang it if you don´t look like a textbook Cancer ascendant...

Maybe it´s because of what Cind is saying...
August 24, 2021 at 13:09
(Aries) Nettle71 » Cind
What about Aquarius and Pisces rising? Are they also so different from each other?
August 24, 2021 at 13:14
(Virgo) moony347 » Cind
Yes sun in the 8th house, can be like that.

I noticed Leo risings kind of look like they are fiery. And more energetic than a Cancer asc.
August 24, 2021 at 13:16
(Virgo) p.o.u
Moony ... stop thinking too much about your rising sign.

It doesn´t change who you are. Out of astrology, you are who you are so whatever the rising sign you are it won´t change your identity.
August 24, 2021 at 13:17
(Virgo) moony347 » RohanScorpio
I can agree with your description, there are a lot of differences, in my case it has to do with daylight saving time~
August 24, 2021 at 13:20
(Virgo) moony347 » p.o.u
Looking at it differently you are right! Who cares if they can´t tell rising signs apart lol

But sometimes I can definitely tell and sometimes I can´t. (celebrities etc)
August 24, 2021 at 13:34
(Virgo) p.o.u » moony347
Yes it´s true that some people look a lot like their rising sign.

Interesting thread by the way. Cause I feel like I´m not that "imposing"/expansive in my appearance as Sagittarius ascendants are supposed to be. In my attitude "in society" and in groups of people yes I tend to be slightly "expansive" :61::61: in my way of speaking too but in my physical appearance not really.

I don´t know if it´s maybe my Virgo Sun or Aquarius stellium or my Jupiter in Taurus (ASC ruler) which balance my appearance.

Any opinions about this ?
August 24, 2021 at 13:59
(Capricorn) Jaided » moony347
You look similar to my sister who is a Cancer rising! She´s blonde and blue eyed but there´s still something similar about you two. The face shape and lips.

This post is making me wonder if I look like my rising sign. I don´t think I do. I´m a Leo rising in Vedic though and I have the wild Leo hair sometimes.
August 24, 2021 at 13:59
(Virgo) moony347 » p.o.u
By looking at your profile picture, I think you do look like a Sagittarius, they are jovial and fun

I definitely see Pluto conjunction the ascendant, dark hair and tanned. I usually like men with Sag rising, for example Jude Law, or Brad Pitt! So handsome!
August 24, 2021 at 14:04
(Pisces) Cind » Nettle71
Yes,

Pisces Rising, the eyes always go up in the corners and then droop down, I think they always look stoned almost haha the eyes always look watery as if there was always tears in their eyes. Their presence is very calming, they can be extremely clumsy as well.

Aquarius Rising, their chin is always very pointy and thin and the eyes are almond shaped but instead of pisces where the eyes are watery their eyes look like glass and they almost feel cold but hypnotising like you can´t help but look. I think they come across very cold, sometimes arrogant. Don´t know if everyone seen the show but Vampire Diaries Damon, Ian somerhalder has Aquarius rising and omg can´t you tell.
August 24, 2021 at 14:04
(Virgo) moony347 » Jaided
Yes physically I would say I look like a Cancer asc, but personality wise I don´t think so.
August 24, 2021 at 14:06
(Pisces) Cind » Jaided
Omg the second I looked at you I thought Virgo Rising, and I thought of Uma Thurman straight away. She´s also Virgo rising you look so much like her haha and she has sun in Taurus and you have Taurus moon. Very similar.
August 24, 2021 at 14:08
(Capricorn) Jaided » Cind
I look like Uma Thurman? That´s a new one hahaha but I´ll take it :)

Btw there´s an actress you´re reminding me of too... but you´re prettier. I´m blanking on her name right now 🤦‍♀️
August 24, 2021 at 14:09
(Pisces) Cind » moony347
Ye definitely. My mum always tells me when I was little I used to spend half an hour brushing my hair and she always said I looked like a little lion haha my hair is wild
August 24, 2021 at 14:12
(Pisces) Cind » Jaided
Omg yes when she was young! I think you look so much like her :6:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »