Moon Metonic Cycle (19-yo, 38-yo, 57-yo, 76-yo,...)

August 22, 2021 at 15:36 (UT/GMT)
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9
Moon Metonic Cycle (19-yo, 38-yo, 57-yo, 76-yo,...)
Heya!

I recently "discovered" :32: this pretty rare event

The METONIC CYCLE is the Moon´s 19 year cycle where the Moon returns to exactly the same place (at the same longitude and against the same constellation) in the sky with the same phase.

It can be pretty visible in the Full/New Moons overview:

Full Moons happen on the (almost) same degrees every 19th year
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 22, 2021 at 15:37
Full Moons 2002 & Full Moons 2021

x Natal chart
Login
(Log in)
August 22, 2021 at 15:40
And what is even more interesting

> the Moon returns to exactly the same place (at the same longitude and against the same constellation) in the sky with the same phase.
===

19-yo, 38-yo, 57-yo, 76-yo,... are the years

when

- Solar return
meets
- Lunar return
and
- Soli-Lunar phase
at the same time

19-yo
Login
(Log in)
August 22, 2021 at 15:41
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » Petr9
38-yo

just sharing ... if someone didn´t hear about Metonic cycles before :97: :4:
Login
(Log in)
August 22, 2021 at 16:39
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Petr9
Thanks, I´ll keep that in mind.

Is there any possible relation to Saturn in any way?

I know Saturn has Cycles of 7... but you would think that there would be a correlation between The Moon and Saturn...
August 22, 2021 at 17:32
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » Iceblu333
Is there any possible relation to Saturn in any way?
===
I don´t think so.

There might be a possible correlation between Progressed Moon and transit Saturn cycle:
===
Transiting Saturn takes twenty-nine years to transit the zodiac and the progressed Moon takes twenty-nine years to transits the zodiac. If there is a natal aspect between the Moon and Saturn it will be held in place by the movement of these two planets with one transiting and one progressed.
===
but this Metonic cycle is something else - it´s based on the same Moon degree and the same Moon phase (= the same Sun degree) once every 19 years.

and it´s also independent on Lunar nodes cycle (18.5 years)

I finished high school in 2002 (during my 19-yo Solar/Lunar/Soli-Lunar return); made entrance examination to architecture ... and went across the country to study that architecture - but I accidentally stopped on the road in the middle of our country to a short visit of my sister/her husband - where I started programming for my brother-in-law´s company out of the blue :63: :4: ...
... and I finished that architecture university later, but I left this field after the graduation and never designed/built anything in real life ... and I have never liked manual construction work)

It´s 19 years later - I´m 38-yo ... the same Solar/Lunar/Soli-Lunar return is here again ... and lol ... I started thinking about that architecture again; what to do next; if I should take some programming course/university to learn how to program "properly" (all my self-taught programming was always just a hit or miss); ... or if I should finally build something in the reality with my own hands (like C.G. Jung did with his Bollingen tower) ... and my sister and her husband miraculously started to appear in my life again :4:

I´m quite curious about the next 19 years :D
August 22, 2021 at 17:36
Ahh, you are having the same experience as me...

I was going back and looking at my Moon Progressions and saw that a change was about to be made in my life as well...

I have no idea what to expect...

But I hope its something good...
August 22, 2021 at 17:39
(Taurus) Iceblu333
Each of these Years led to a New Beginning in a New Life direction for me...

I´m a Libra Rising.
Login
(Log in)
August 22, 2021 at 17:45
In 2011 my Progressed Moon entered the Pisces (ruler of 6th house) My Grandfather became sick and Died... as the P.Moon continued to Progress through Pisces; I myself became sick and almost died...

Progressed Moon Entered Aries (7th Ruler)... 2013, I dated and Ran into my Scorpio Ex; relationship...

Progressed Moon Entered Taurus (8th Ruler), 2015 fired From job exact day it Entered Taurus... to get a Better Job... but it was miserable and depressive...

Ect...

Currently, I´m about to have my P.Moon enter my 11th Sign or Leo...

I´m wondering what will happen....
August 22, 2021 at 17:58
FYI, I found this Website in 2017/2018 when P.Moon Entered Gemini (Ruler of 9th house)

I could not find work and kept having trouble with getting a Job...

During a morning work meeting; there was a news article where Someone had Won a Huge Lottery in the News Paper and didn´t claim the prize. Back then, I was working at temporary manual Labor jobs, and I said I literally have a better chance of Winning the Lottery than getting a regular normal Job...

Because I literally could not hold on to a job to save my life;

I began studying Sigils and similar stuff and Learned alot about Metaphysical stuff because weird shit started to happen around me that just didn´t make any sense... I literally could get a Job and be fired the next day... and it happened more than one time...

So I began studying Astrology to see if there was a way to find an opportunity for when any possible door could open for me to have a better life instead of being miserable without a job...

Before 2017; I was a workaholic. I Worked 3 jobs and Maybe had 1 off day... a week...

After 2017... everything changed... I couldnt hold on to a job to save my life...
August 22, 2021 at 18:03
I found this site because I was looking for the most Accurate Planetary Calculator and could not find one until I found this Site...

But, I didn´t create an account until I noticed that a user had to have an account to get an Accurate time, due to a person´s set Location.
August 22, 2021 at 18:08
Lastly, Petr9, you created your Account 1 day after I found my Dead Friends Body Due to her suicide... found on May, 6 2017.

And, Another friend died the same day...

Just a weird coincidence...
Login
(Log in)
August 22, 2021 at 18:55
Ha, I Know you are going to say that the Chart says 5th for Pisces and 6th for Aries.

In Progressions it seems that The "Whole Signs" effect me more than the Houses the Moon is Transiting... I´ve researched my chart... WAY TOO MUCH... and found that out...

That´s why I Explained that I´m a "Libra" rising and also explained that the Pisces Rules my 6th house. Because I´m a Libra Rising...

Aries Rules my 7th because I´m a Libra rising.

Hope that helps...

I also edited some of my responses... :3:
August 22, 2021 at 19:19
Lastly, Petr9, you created your Account 1 day after I found my Dead Friends Body Due to her suicide... found on May, 6 2017.

And, Another friend died the same day...
===
I remember when you wrote me this for the first time :15:

I spent 10 years by creating prequel of this website in my natal Czech country ... and I loved that - but at the end, I heard so many hate towards myself because of some stupid user drama ... that I was thinking about the "quit" :14:

This astro-seek.com was actually my birthday gift to myself - to continue in what I love to do (after some pause) ... and I wanted to launch it on my birthday (May 9) ... but I finally launched it 2 days before (May 7, 2017) - because I just liked the transits more :20:

Just a weird coincidence...
===
maybe ... and maybe your friends are watching/guarding it here :122: :94: :74:
August 22, 2021 at 19:22
(Aquarius) Catch-22
Interesting... I got a major crisis at age 19 and at 38... This is something I need to investigate
August 22, 2021 at 19:24
Maybe so, Her name was "Nova"...

And I´m dead serious... :61:

Born "May, 16, 1956"

Sun Conjunct Algol.

Died Shotgun to Head. May, 5th 2017. 10:30pm
August 22, 2021 at 19:36
(Virgo) rohini moon
19 was a turning point for me..

Glad I´m not turning 38 this year.
August 22, 2021 at 20:15
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » Catch-22
:15:
August 22, 2021 at 20:35
I like Ernest Hemingway´s motto (Virgo ASC)

= create while being drunk; correct while being sober

I also have Sun Conjunct Algol

= I hope I will never mistake that fishing rod in my hand ... with a shotgun :39: :4:

(May, 16, 1956 - Cancer Venus close to my Cancer Venus - I believe we would understand each other with Nova :6:)
August 22, 2021 at 20:36
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » rohini moon
19 was a turning point for me..
===
please post some feedback after 1-2 years
August 22, 2021 at 20:44
Oh no, She was mean person to people who didn´t know her...

But she was a Complete Business oriented person. And she took no shit and gave no fucks at all...

Would literally argue with a police officer for fun...

And...

Before people started getting famous on YouTube; She was thinking of ways to try to make money from there before anyone even thought about become Youtube millionaires...

Owned her own shop and all and made additional money by selling things on Craigslist...

She was extremely business oriented.

And Took what was hers... and gave no shits or fucks about anyone´s feelings.

...Hesitation be Damned... she got what she wanted... most, if not all, of the time.

:61:
August 22, 2021 at 20:47
She was the type of person that when she came around...

All you could do was either Hate her, or Just laugh at the crazy energy she brought because she in her own words; "Marched to the Beat of her own Drum."

Trust me, you don´t want to be like her.

But, if you are on her good side... you got to see a shit ton of crazy shit that you didn´t even know existed or happened...

:61:

I´m done with that subject.

I was just giving examples of the Cycles Compared to the initial cycle you were referencing with the Moon. :2:
August 23, 2021 at 21:44
(Aquarius) nikkia
Heya Petr...

I just checked my first Moon Metonic cycle --- At age 19: I met, dated, was engaged to and broke up with a student of Architecture ... I thought this odd and strangely funny. (BTW He graduated and worked in the field)

At 38, Finally, the house that I designed was finished as I was completing my higher education so I could begin a whole new profession. Otherwise, it was a tough year. Many sad losses of those I loved dearly.
I began living an entirely ´new´ life.

57 - Another whacky year! But again, another doomed marriage proposal.
(he was OK, but I didn´t love him.)

I have no plans for age 76, expect to be smiling. Or dead. Or both.
August 29, 2021 at 14:32
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » nikkia
Hi nikkia,

thanks for feedback!

I´m quite curious about the next cycle(s) :16:

I had a short visit of my astro friends this week ... and I mentioned this Metonic topic - and they all had different experiences (and family background), but there was some interesting and common pattern.

> Many sad losses of those I loved dearly. I began living an entirely ´new´ life.
---
I have a 92-yo grandma ... and she is the most badass strong woman I have ever met ... but she also has 0° Cancer Venus (as me) - and she is the most dear and kind person to me.

We have been joking about her death for the last few years (she hates her current health status and she wants to die already) ... and this year seems to be finally the final.

The world without her ... will be completely a "new" life for me.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »