The Planets Gustav Holst Orchestra
I love it.
YouTube
YouTube

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 22, 2021 at 11:26
(Pisces) fishscales
Glad there are still some people around listening to classical music. :27: :13: :15:

I don´t listen to it nearly enough myself, although I always try to keep it in the "rotation"...good for my kids to listen to too..

Still waiting for it to make a "comeback"...

Modern music is such shit, I figure the only place it has to go is up at this point.

Won´t happen though..most people just don´t have the patience for classical anymore, plus there´s no swearing, whining, or debased subject matter in it.
August 22, 2021 at 14:45
(Taurus) Silvi » fishscales
" patience ". That´s right. Everything is going faster everytime.
But also I think Classic music was always categorized as for selective group of people. Even the expensive connotations for going to a concert. The way we should dress even ...

Today , at least in here, concerts are trying to be more accessible for everyone.
When the quarantine arrived last year municipality transmitted The Nutcracker and other concerts on Livestream And was a " family plan " for everybody.
People started to want more. It was a good incentive specially for kids.

I never paid so much attention to Classic untill Jupiter passed through my 5th , and then Uranus was getting close to my Sun.( First I went for Progressive Metal that was beautiful surprise , even for my neighbors :4:)

Then I had Pisces Moon in Solar return. Needing music and silence at same time. And Classic caught my full attention.
Started to go to concerts and Ballets feeling like a Fairy :45:
Classic is simply amazing for me today.
August 22, 2021 at 14:50
More incentives like this

" You all people stop buying!!"
YouTube
YouTube
August 23, 2021 at 01:18
(Pisces) fishscales » Silvi
"Today , at least in here, concerts are trying to be more accessible for everyone.
When the quarantine arrived last year municipality transmitted The Nutcracker and other concerts on Livestream And was a " family plan " for everybody.
People started to want more. It was a good incentive specially for kids."

See, that´s good...

Unfortunately, something like that probably wouldn´t become widespread...

There´s no money in classical...

The media cashes in on the drama of some little pop tartlet or "gangsta rappa"...

Not so much of that to be found in the classical world though...

One of the few genres left where it´s JUST about the music

Other reason it would never really take off is what I already said... People just can´t handle the music...

Why...I don´t know...

Maybe music has degenerated to the point where there really is no going back...

At least en masse...
August 23, 2021 at 01:22
"First I went for Progressive Metal"

So what did you like?

Maybe you can turn me on to something...

I left off with progressive metal at about...I don´t know... the band Dream Theater...(I´m old :4:)
August 23, 2021 at 17:11
Dream Theater was my first and probably only one progressive band. Im still trying to find something similar as Metropolis Album. Which I had the luck to see Live in here on 2019.
Don´t ask how I survived in that concert but Dream Theater changed my vision of music too before Classic. Specially for the quality of the live performance.Perfection.

I guess there is a merchandasing focus managing music these days.
Going hand in hand with an image that some people want to create and " sell" about them not music itself.
Sometimes forgotting the principal point of -communication through arts- that music should be?
August 23, 2021 at 17:40
I just started getting into "Train Of Thought" by Dream Theater...posted the opener on the music thread
August 24, 2021 at 15:10
(Gemini) AmberMoon
Wow, that´s been ages.
Thanks for digging up.
September 4, 2021 at 16:37
(Aquarius) Kamleona
Oooh we played Mars from The Planets in highschool. The timpani was so awesome <3
September 4, 2021 at 19:02
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I absolutely love it.
Jupiter`s makes me emotional every time lol.
I have been listening to it for a few years.
I heard somewhere that the composer knew astrology, was very interested in it, and he created this tribute to the planets.
September 4, 2021 at 19:32
(Virgo) Etherealmind
I already listened to this masterpiece in the past !!

This set of pieces composed by Holst inspire me a lot to compose :):)

Thank you for remembering them !!
September 4, 2021 at 19:46
(Taurus) Silvi
In glad that you guys liked it!
I was looking for some classic and I found it !

:12: :1:
September 4, 2021 at 19:46
(Taurus) Silvi » Kamleona
Ohh is an honor!
September 4, 2021 at 19:48
(Taurus) Silvi » Olenna
I do believe that. He perfectly knew how to interpret the representative sounds.

Uranus and Venus , I feel it !
September 4, 2021 at 19:50
(Taurus) Silvi » Etherealmind
I´m glad !

Which instrument you play !? :97:
September 5, 2021 at 22:03
(Aquarius) Kamleona » Silvi
Goodness yes, I feel as if I can really personify each based on the mood of the music alone
September 5, 2021 at 22:11
(Aquarius) Kamleona » Silvi
I played the clarinet in school, wanted to play the sax, will be learning a c melody sax, and also currently play just the djembe drum but Id love to get a collection of udu drums...hang drums are kinda nifty too. Exotic percussion gets me going lol

Hey thanks for the trip around memory lane! I can still feel the seriousness in the air in the beginning when the timpanis started sounding in our little band room the reverb echoing the bass thru your chest. It was a song that kinda makes you proud to play it similar to singing the star spangled banner like proud. It grabs your attention and shuts you up to hear it live...
I explain things so strangely I´m told, my apologies in advance >.< #infj #Aquarian
September 6, 2021 at 01:01
(Taurus) Silvi » Kamleona
Totally understandable!
Sax caught my attention lately. I´m always looking the SADE , bring me to life Tour video noticing how important sax is in many lives performances specially.
Keep playing!

Also playing in a symphony must be incredible. Unforgettable. :12:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »