Moon in Scorpio - Fall

August 10, 2021 at 17:21 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) Random Stranger
Moon in Scorpio - Fall
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/…

https://www.reddit.com/r/….

I´ve encountered some users who can´t get why the Moon is in fall in Scorpio. The technical answer is because Scorpio´s opposite Taurus, the Moon´s exaltation, but that´s not satisfying enough. I don´t have this placement but I´m curious whether any of you can answer or guess why the Moon is in fall in Scorpio.
I have my own answer but I want to know what others think.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
August 10, 2021 at 19:38
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I´ve been around tons of Moon in Scorpio´s. I believe it just depends on their personal chart since they all have different experiences. It may be because they have tough experiences at time for sure in relationships. They have both negative and positive traits. They can do great things and be destructive as well.

Taurus Moon is about the same. We have negative and positive traits. It´s more the value system with Taurus Moon. What we value in life. While we may not do the same thing as a Moon in Scorpio.

They kind of both have their function in society. As they tend to be able do things I Taurus Moon might not be able to do or stomach in a dangerous situation to defend or protect.

Obviously, you are talking about earth versus water element. And of course Moon in Scorpio would be emotions at a deep level. It´s also Pluto/Mars vs Venus so your talking about two different worlds and languages.
August 10, 2021 at 20:18
(Virgo) rohini moon
Scorpio is the natural 8th house. Death, transformation, debts, inheritances- familial inheritances as well as what you inherit after someone passes.. lots of psychological transformations happen there. Moon is soft. Moon is light. Moon here is disturbed, sitting in a dark hole. The 8th house is a dark hole where you don´t know what it may bring.

Moon feels uncomfortable. Moon enjoys a more serene area to dwell in.

Much More light hearted, than a dark, somber pit. :64:
August 10, 2021 at 20:27
(Taurus) nutelina
It would seem as it would drown in its emotions whereas I would be the opposite.

My and my brother have opposite moons. He needs guides, mentors and teachers. Sometimes I play that role. Maybe it´s also Leo rising, they always need attention.
August 10, 2021 at 20:36
(Scorpio) Random Stranger
Hmm…

https://www.skyscript.co.uk/scorpio…

So the Moon deals with motherhood. I know that. However, I find these excerpts from Skyscript relevant and interesting:

“Illnesses: Although Scorpio is considered a fertile sign, in decumbiture charts it signifies afflictions to the womb…”

“Fruitful: Unless afflicted, Scorpio shows a propensity for large families, many children or easy pregnancy. Scorpio is the least promising of the fruitful (or ´fertile´) signs however because where it is afflicted, it can indicate many pregnancies that fail.“

All of the water signs were listed as “fruitful” by Deborah Houlding.

Those excerpts just… I just thought they seemed relevant to the Moon in Scorpio. But they don’t directly mention the Moon.

Okay, does any woman with Scorpio dominant even relate to this?
August 10, 2021 at 20:44
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » rohini moon
"The 8th house is a dark hole where you don´t know what it may bring."

Yes, but on the other hand the Moon shines at night, doesn´t it? It is in the darkness that it looks most beautiful. There is definitely something wrong with this fall in Scorpio and in the 8th house :3:
August 10, 2021 at 21:38
(Virgo) rohini moon » (dragonfly)
"It is in the darkness that it looks most beautiful."

Looking and being are two different things.

It´s a psychological house of deep transformation. Moon feels uncomfortable.

I´m not trying to reinvent astrology..it simply is what it is.

Not everyone has a brilliant astrogloical placement...you have to accept that..than work on trying to rise above the obstacle. Not lull in it. That´s just feeding into delusion.

There will always be challenges in a birthchart, the goal is to learn them, so we may overcome them.

August 10, 2021 at 21:41
(Aquarius) Ways_of_Leavin'
I second what RohiniMoon wrote. Moon in Scorpio may be too focused on "dark" matters, and since its quality is fixed it may have a very hard time letting people or difficult emotions go (which needs to go). Because the Moon represents not only moods but also reactions, and Scorpio is famous for their lethal sting, the person´s innate reactions might be at times quite harsh. (With its ebb and flow Moon is much more comfortable in nurturing and more passive Cancer than in Scorpio; Scorpio again being fixed water and can be prone to dark moods, and yes, literally "getting stuck in a hole" at its worst. But of course, all placements have their good and bad qualities..!)

Still, Scorpio is a water sign, and as the natural ruler of Cancer it is logical to think that the Moon here relates better to the qualities of the sign than say what Moon in air signs do.
August 10, 2021 at 21:55
(Scorpio) Random Stranger » Ways_of_Leavin'
“Relates better”?
Out of all those six, I’d place Cancer and Pisces 1st and 2nd respectively, but Scorpio last. Just my opinion though.
It’s interesting that the traditional rulers of Cancer (Moon) and Scorpio (Mars) are in fall in each other’s sign.

Edit: Okay, I get your point about affinity between water and the Moon.
August 10, 2021 at 22:15
(Aquarius) Ways_of_Leavin' » Random Stranger
Well... I´m not denying this Moon is in fall either... But maybe (maybe...) the Scorpio Moon who is evolved and sure of herself could let go a bit of controlling and obsessive behaviours, and use Scorpio´s keen insight and supreme powers of rejuvenation to become the dove version of Scorpio; to assist others with their problems and transform themselves also... fixed water representing someone who instead of getting caught up in ´trials and tribulations´ can use empathy and emotion to connect with others at a deep level, and holding tightly on to and not easily giving up on those near and dear when they need it, and always and forever?...

I see Scorpio in general as a sign that can be both great and horrible, and the Moon here is no exception (just maybe more unconscious and more difficult for its owner to handle). I´m personally quite perplexed and amazed by this Moon and many of its owners that I´ve come into contact with; while some definitely have had to watch against a mean streak I mostly saw many of them as quite sweet, ironically..!

So, what is your own explanation as to why this Moon is in fall?:))
August 10, 2021 at 22:52
My explanation? Here, I will disregard genetics, upbringing and a person’s whole chart. That said, the Moon in Scorpio does vary according to the houses and aspects of not only the Moon, but Mars too.

To put it bluntly, Scorpio, unlike Taurus and Cancer, does not support life; it kills it. Traditionally, it is ruled by Mars and exalts no planets. This fixed water sign isn’t something like a calm, small lake or an abundant, nourishing spring. It’s more like a stagnant swamp or a destructive flood. Cold, hard ice works too.

The problem is that Mars’ nature conflicts with the Moon’s. The Moon wants to be a mother who voluntarily nurtures children; she doesn’t want to be a soldier required to kill other soldiers. Mars is hard and masculine; the Moon is soft and feminine. Mars divides; the Moon collects. Mars wants to conquer; the Moon wants to nurture.
However, at least in Aries (a cardinal fire sign also ruled by Mars), the Sun, the diurnal luminary, is exalted. At least there is life, light and warmth there which Scorpio lacks or threatens.

There is more I want to say here but I’ll leave it there for now. There is something I have to do quickly.
August 11, 2021 at 13:10
(Aquarius) Ways_of_Leavin' » Random Stranger
I agree with you to some extent. It´s a nice explanation or way of looking at it. However I attribute what you told mostly to Pluto... e.g. with Mars-Moon aspects there could be the rashness and fighting instinct, whereas Moon-Pluto is much ´heavier´ (even the soft aspects), could even give someone deep-seated psychological problems from what I read somewhere.

Anyhow, you have a Hades Moon with that Moon-Pluto conjunction, and your Draconic chart even moves that conjunction to Scorpio (so that you have a ´double dose´ of Pluto there), so I´m sure you have a deeper understanding of this than what I do.
August 11, 2021 at 13:23
(Leo) cubic » Ways_of_Leavin'
"I´m personally quite perplexed and amazed by this Moon and many of its owners that I´ve come into contact with; while some definitely have had to watch against a mean streak I mostly saw many of them as quite sweet, ironically..!"

I am as well and I´m a Scorpio Moon myself. I guess Pluto/Scorpio has this mystifying thing to it.

But yes many of them are just sweet. Jupiter conjunction to Scorp Moon makes the life of that Moon easier, but it´s not necessarily a panacea.

Some of the Scorpio Moons are stuck in fearfulness, because well that´s what their Moon scans for all the time - danger. It makes you check for things and situations sometimes more than others just to make sure something isn´t about to go down.

Others seem to go into the fear to try to overcome it, these are less stuck.

Purified Scorpio is pure/sweet/clean, but sometimes the sweetness is born out of... feeling of kind of inferiority due to the constant fear and excessive cautiousness, and I guess being wrong about other´s intentions on more than one occasion. Then you just sit tight and trust yourself less.
August 11, 2021 at 19:47
Thanks for the response. I wonder what exactly you’d attribute to Pluto instead of Mars though while I was describing the Moon in Scorpio.
I don’t deem Pluto to be the “higher octave of Mars”; he is dark and deathly, sure, but I can call Scorpio that too without relying on Pluto because Mars is a malefic planet also capable of death and destruction. Saturn, the other malefic, is even more similar to Pluto.

The old rulerships weren’t based on affinity or similarity. To describe it broadly, I’d call it “planetary geometry” or mathematics.
Aries is like Mars because it is RULED by Mars, not because it’s simply a cardinal fire sign.
I don’t think the traditional scheme should’ve been interfered with. I picked the old rulers because there would then be more individual info for people born with Scorpio, Aquarius or Pisces rising. The transcendental planets move so slowly that a lot of people with those ascendant signs will have them in the same sign and house.
August 11, 2021 at 21:16
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » rohini moon
I didn´t mean that seriously. The 8th house and Scorpio is one of the worse places for the Moon. But aspects are also important. I have Moon in 8th sector, but in trine to Saturn and in Taurus/Aries. It could have been much worse.
August 12, 2021 at 05:51
(Scorpio) Random Stranger » (dragonfly)
I’d argue ALL of the planets are uncomfortable in the 8th house. Only the Moon and Venus are debilitated in Scorpio.

https://patrickwatsonastrology.com/…
August 12, 2021 at 06:19
(Taurus) Rosincvist
The Magi Society Magi Astrologers have been using :164: more than the :152:.
The Moon is too often dangerous and unpredictable! :178: :64: psychologically prepares me for Void o´ Course :116: . Most planets have multiple Moons, having just one is an oddity!
August 12, 2021 at 06:41
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » Random Stranger
Coming back to the Moon. In the 8th house if it is placed in a favourable sign it can signify financial gains. I don´t know why it slipped my mind. There are many things to consider before drawing conclusions. Having the Moon in the 8th sector brings not only problems, but can also be beneficial.
August 12, 2021 at 08:24
(Scorpio) Random Stranger » (dragonfly)
I agree. The Moon (and any other planet) in the 8th can be beneficial depending on other factors (e.g. aspects). The 8th house is often considered unfortunate, but it doesn’t always have to be so in a person’s chart.

However, going back to the Moon in Scorpio and finishing with the 8th house, I reject the 12 Letter Alphabet. Unless you have Aries rising, the 8th house isn’t a Scorpionic house. There are no natural rulers of any of the houses. However, there are planetary joys (e.g. Mars in the 6th), although no planet joys in the 8th.
I’m disregarding a person’s whole chart to focus on the Moon to broadly describe how it expresses itself and why.

That said, one should also take sect into account if looking at one’s own or another’s natal chart. Someone born at day (the Sun above the AC/DC axis) will generally (not always) receive worse significations of the Moon in Scorpio; the Moon and Mars are out of sect. In contrast, someone born at night (the Sun below the AC/DC axis) will generally receive better significations.
August 12, 2021 at 14:44
(Aquarius) viv
Interesting thread for me.
I have Scorpio rising and a month ago experienced an attack I didn’t expect by woman whose Scorpio Moon is exactly conjunct my Asc. I didn’t respond in public but I really felt as if she meant to kill me. She wouldn’t meet and emails did not help. No matter my insight that I may have exposed her vulnerability or perhaps she was jealous ... None of my detatched analysis helped. I had to own feeling hurt and angry. I really felt I narrowly avoided being ripped apart ! Whew.
August 12, 2021 at 15:38
(Scorpio) Random Stranger » viv
Whoa! It’s a relief knowing you’re fine. I guess THAT would be a (but not the only) negative expression of the Moon in Scorpio. Do you have the rest of her chart?
August 12, 2021 at 16:07
(Leo) cubic » viv
"I didn’t respond in public but I really felt as if she meant to kill me."

"She wouldn’t meet"

Does that mean that nothing really happened in reality, but you felt like she had the intention to kill you?

Idk about jumping on correlating Moon in Scorp with some kind of brutality like that. Most people have nothing to do with murders and all that business, and I don´t think anyone has found correlation with Moon in Scorp and serial killers so..

By the sound of your story it sounds like you did absolutely nothing to provoke that situation, there was no build up, she just came outta nowhere like a crazy woman and it seemed to you like she wanted to kill you.
August 13, 2021 at 03:20
(Aries) Ksuwaves
Moon is a ruler of Cancer and a placement of home, nurturing and a mother. Scorpio ruled by Mars and Pluto, that associate with “war””death”, and “power” in where the home is, which the opposite of comforting, cozy and secure feeling. Transformation and a healing of self and others of psychological traumas cannot be a comfortable process to say the least so it’s a very intense placement for the Moon to be in.
August 13, 2021 at 08:33
(Scorpio) Random Stranger » Ksuwaves
I get what you’re coming from. I think Mars and Pluto do conflict with the Moon; in fact, I already said that Mars’ nature conflicts with the Moon’s.
However, even though I believe that Scorpio can transform into the Phoenix, I still find “transformation” to be such an overused word that it’s kind of meaningless.

I reserve the “healing” aspect to an EVOLVED Scorpio Moon. Aren’t mothers expected to nurture their children, which includes healing their trauma? Sure it’s uncomfortable, but I think Cancer (ruled by the Moon) is capable of healing too, so it’s not mostly Scorpionic. Healing is more watery, really. Of course, water doesn’t define the water signs themselves, nor the other way around.
Other than that, I think “wounding” would be more accurate for this placement. What is that venomous tail for anyway?
August 13, 2021 at 10:47
(Virgo) Turbo TJ
I have :122: :152: in the 10th house conjunction to :157:. At times I get very angry over slightest situations. Can let the hate boil and brew to the point of wigging out on everyone. Very dark and evil attitude toward the world in general. Went through a gothic phase where died hair black and makeup and all. Dont usually open up emotionally to others but when I do I open all the way up. Hard to trust others at first but when I do I trust deeply. Hate getting my feelings hurt will expose anyone´s faults when they do hurt my feelings. Very vengeful and resentful toward those who oppose me.

But on the more positive side. I have a great loving heart to those who shown me they deserve it. Love to study occult and paranormal subjects. Have an excellent memory. Will return favor to those who help me.

Scorpio moon may be negative vibes in me most the time, but when I do allow myself to open up to the transformative vibes I can feel it lift me higher than the evil brooding :122:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »