Esoteric services: ethical considerations

August 3, 2021 at 18:06 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) AmberMoon
Esoteric services: ethical considerations
Have you ever experienced any client request you declined when performing astrology (tarot, Lenormand,...) because you thought it was ethically not right?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 4, 2021 at 18:46
(Gemini) AmberMoon
For instance, just thinking aloud.

- Are my neighbours happily married?

(Is that your business?)

- Will my child die before I do? And how and when?
August 5, 2021 at 09:13
(Aquarius) viv
I think one of the big ones is will this man/woman want to start/return to being in a relationship with me . Actually their business. Real question is something like Am I in a place to welcome the start of a new relationship or a renewal of my relationship with x. Otherwise it’s kind of psychic snooping.Same applies to Will he she anything..Even with a sick child it should be what can I do to help the healing process for my child ? Physically, if this is for their greatest good, in any case in service of their being...
August 5, 2021 at 22:58
(Scorpio) OS*
Although I do research on how food and dis-ease are related to numbers, I don´t answer questions about health.

I don´t do sessions professionally so Im not basing this on experience per say but I haven´t been in a situation where I declined a question.

however I have refused when I just wasn´t in the right headspace to do it.

Even if Im not an expert, I find it uncomfortable to turn someone down. I always feel the need to help when asked but certain situations is better to just refuse/ decline if doesn´t feel right.

No, the neighbours marriage is not the querent business. Better to direct questions towards themselves. And questions about death are totally unethical.
August 6, 2021 at 16:37
(Gemini) AmberMoon » viv
Thanks for your insight, Viv.

You do know that´s about 85% of the queries, right? 😁

Not sure when I start thinking about it, if it´s someone you´re emotionally invested in or vice versa, it makes sense to wonder.
But it´s probably healthy to set some boundaries there as well.

I don´t understand the sick child example well. The intention is the same: you want the child to heal? The way you formulate it or the feelings behind the words, which comes first?
August 6, 2021 at 16:42
(Gemini) AmberMoon » OS*
Good point OctoberScorpio, I can vaguely remember some Dutch psychic getting into trouble after one of their clients died of cancer, following spiritual advice over the doctor´s. Should look that up again.

The right mindset is indispensable.
Try doing some regular office work when your head´s not into it. 😋
August 7, 2021 at 00:29
(Aquarius) viv » AmberMoon
I think it’s the frame Amber Moon. Even the sick child.. In my belief what a good psychic is really doing is connecting with child’s angel /higher self and asking for advice as to what’s in the child’s best interests, not necessarily what will make parents happy. Same with romantic questions, the psychic can help the client tune in to their own higher guidance and intuition about the nature of the relationship. They can also ask the other parties higher self if giving info to the person enquiring will be helpful. But if the psychic just gets a picture of what’s in the other person’s mind this is like a short cut and as well as being intrusive may not be for the best long term. A prayer around may what I see and say be for all parties highest good tends to catch this. Im a professional therapist so I also have external codes of ethics to consider but these are my guidelines at an inner level. Cheers V

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »