House systems

August 3, 2021 at 09:24 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) SiriusMonocerus
House systems
Hello!

Could you suggest which is the most accurate house system?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 4, 2021 at 13:57
(Pisces) fishscales
You are never going to reach a concensus on this...

My advice: study and play around with whatever house systems you´re interested in, and see which one you think works best for your purposes.

That´s your system.
August 4, 2021 at 14:34
(Capricorn) Jaided
In my experience and experience from others I know, both systems are relevant and can come out at different times in your life. You just have to figure out which one you resonate with now. I don´t know anyone who doesn´t relate to their whole sign/placidus chart at ALL, but maybe one more than the other now compared to say 10 years ago. I´ve also noticed one house system can be more obvious to others (more of an external influence) and the other more internal and less obvious to others. It´s ultimately up to you which one works for you. Neither are wrong.
August 4, 2021 at 14:46
(Aquarius) viv
I just wrote my thoughts on this to C Protagonist ..
August 5, 2021 at 15:53
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
This is like asking the Far Right to get behind a far Left politcal agenda.

All house systems seem to work in the hands of a good astrologer. It just depends upon how the astrologer reads. I personally am a Placidus reader.

David Cochrane goes over how the house systems are constructed - and he doesn´t pick either as his preference. He uses a combo of house systems. But his explanations definitely made me think Placidus is the most accurate. He has several videos on the house systems. Still, yeah, there will be no resolution.

Here´s a Cochrane video on the three types of houses - whole sign, equal house and quadrant house construction - explains the rationale behind them: https://youtu.be/lgS_iMS7Cr0.

LOW COST BEGINNER´S TUESDAY CLASS BEGINS SEPT 14, 2021 - 30 WEEKS - INFORMATION: https://thesoulmustsing.weeblysite.com/…. I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
YouTube
YouTube
August 6, 2021 at 14:26
(Leo) Anni23 » Bilgehan
Sorry what do you mean by the diurnal/nocturnal hours?
October 22, 2021 at 11:11
(Aquarius) Catch-22
I honestly think this is worth diving into it.

People don´t think about this one, except when they get choice stress when they see the drop-down menu on this. The more I read about houses, the more I think you really need to understand how this system works.

I don´t get Placidus, let´s be honest about that. Yet. I´m working through some educational pages and Placidus comes on that too.

That´s why I liked the Whole Houses system early on: easy, simple and with a big history. Recently, Campanus caught my attention because Western sidereal astrologers use this frequently. This makes sense too and is easy visualized, see the GIf animation below. Porphyrus is easy to grasp too, but misses a logic that makes sense in a 3D world.

I´m still Doubting about Campanus and WS... Is this the absolute truth? Nope, but like Jay Jay says, it can work in the hand of an experienced astrologer and he doesn´t choose a system just to make his analysis just work.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
October 22, 2021 at 11:50
(Leo) Anni23
Welcome to the world of astrology.
As you can see nobody can agree and nobody attempts to convince you otherwise of whatever you may end up being lead to believe in. (Vedic mayhaps)

Though perhaps you jua6t wanted to hear the arguments being new to astrology? And a indication of statistics of different followers of the two main systems?

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »