How influential is the sign of Capricorn in my chart?

July 31, 2021 at 07:43 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Anni23
How influential is the sign of Capricorn in my chart?
I have neptune and uranus in Capricorn. Supposedly these are generational/outer planets. Does this depend largely on how many aspects they make?/with other significant points in thr chart

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 31, 2021 at 16:19
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Modern Astrology throughout most of the 20th century accepted :199: & :159: as just as important as the traditional planets; Strict Traditionalism is back for a few years. Russia has a :159: role in this world and America has a :199: role in this world. :159: is powerful in U.F.O. iconoclast Whitley Strieber´s chart primarily by being `stationary´; Stationary is not a final description when it happens; Lesser gravitational forces create the illusion of hovering like an UFO.
Farley Malorrus liked to consider ` :156:´ a generational planet however I see that as implying mother´s birthing under twelve years old.
:180: occupation usually looks like a :157: conjunction, so your tenth house :153: doesn´t have to consider itself alone!
August 1, 2021 at 04:12
(Leo) Anni23 » Rosincvist
Sorry I didn´t quite understand that last bit about saturn conjunction and the sign of Capricorn.

Do you think that my fourth house-fifth (neptune conjunct Uranus- saturn) has a strong impact within my chart?
August 1, 2021 at 14:00
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Very! Capricorn is on your IC - your deepest, most private self. It is hard-working - and you feel like working hard from down deep inside. You also will not like to share or express your feelings to others very much. Saturn, the ruler of Capricorn, is in Aquarius - again - your focus is NOT on your emotional world - at least not this part of you. It represents a conflict with other parts of you that are feeling-oriented.

Libra rising does an energy exchange with others and is pretty sensitive to other people´s energies. Cancer MC - your most outward social side is very sensitive to people´s energies. The angles are the most sensitive parts of the chart. That´s why I´m pointing these out. And Mercury is in Cancer too - so your mind is sensitive - you might show compassion and sensitivity in the way you express or receive other people´s expressions. Sun is barely in Leo - and is highly relational - it can be sensitive in its own way - it seeks recognition, affirmation, and applause - it wants to be liked and loved. You perhaps want that more than anything - and - maybe too much. Chiron is also in Leo.

With Moon-Mars in Virgo in the 12th - you could actually be hyper-critical of other people while other parts are craving their attention. Moon and Mars in Virgo is more of a mental-orientation toward feelings - so these kind of go with Capricorn and Aquarius.

The thing is - relationships are really about feelings - and people who don´t like to share their feelings usually have to learn to do so if they want to connect with people. You really need to evaluate conclusions you´ve made about yourself - to let go of some ideas and adopt some new ones - this is the message of Pluto and North Node in the 2nd. Your value in relationships is going to be about sharing yourself - your independent self - all of you - what you think and what you feel - without fear.

It´s easier for you to tune into yourself than others - but your chart is supportive of you learning to be more sensitive and tuned into others. We are all here to learn something . . . that isn´t easy to learn.

LOW COST BEGINNER´S TUESDAY CLASS BEGINS SEPT 14, 2021 - 30 WEEKS - INFORMATION: https://thesoulmustsing.weeblysite.com/…. I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
August 1, 2021 at 15:47
(Taurus) Rosincvist » Rosincvist
The signs are more powerful than the houses, sometimes the houses just junk-up the chart, in your case :180: bolsters your tenth-house!
August 2, 2021 at 03:47
(Leo) Anni23 » JayJayAstrology
Oh yeah, well my family are not emotional. Which has been difficult for me. But just one of those things that you have no option but to act ok with..
Well mostly they are stoics with venus in capricorn :42: though one parent is a Sag with a Scorpio moon :8: is a angsty stoic. The other a "relaxed"/passive aggressive-avoidant stoic at least on the surface, though there could be anxiety etc. Underneath (Aquarius)

Yeah.., so I´m not that attached to them ahha

I haven´t really had too many opportunities to show love to people. It definitely does not seem to be unconditional and mostly there is some level of apathy or judgements attached.

Currently I don´t know if I want anything from anyone else though. Not if it´s not going to be mutually linked and sensitive
I have shared my feelings with the odd person that I was closest to over the years though

It seems to be a bit all or nothing with me.
I have actually tried for some time to get to know people that I knew that I really had nothing in common with to talk about etc..
So of course this does not facilitate emotional exchanges.
Though yes I suppose they thought that I was very understanding

Oddly I´m not that critical of other people. That is mostly directed at myself I guess. I ovetlook a lot about other people. Though I am aware.. of what may become problematic
But I´ve become less tolerant of certain behaviours

It is and it isn´t that easy for me to tune into myself actually. I think that I mentioned that before..

I think I´m still unsure of what role other people should have in this.
At times I have thought that I was good at communicating (which would benefit me in turn) but of course fate has other lessons to teach at those times perhaps.. a lot of the people I have tried to come close to actually are overly sensitive, volatile and damaged.
Well obviously that is overwhelming
August 2, 2021 at 03:50
Wait because it is in aspect to it? Or because it has a similar effect
August 2, 2021 at 07:20
(Taurus) Rosincvist » Anni23
A Capricorn occupation is like a two degree orb :157: :191: -ion.
A Tenth-house occupation is like a three degree orb :157: :191: -ion.
The former makes a planet 30% like :157:.
The latter makes a planet 20% like :157:.
August 2, 2021 at 10:33
What percent would a planet in a house that is not it´s own sign be? For example my jupiter in libra in the 12th in virgo?

Also if a planet is in a sign wouldn´t it mostly behave like that sign?
August 2, 2021 at 16:58
Lots of halfway decent peregrine placement mean nothing to be alarmed about! :44:
August 3, 2021 at 04:39
Ohh is that what you would call that? Planets out of their sign houses or isolated from other influences?
Would my 2nd house and 11th house also be a peregrine houses? Along with my sun and pluto. Which actually are the first aspects of mine that are listed..
August 3, 2021 at 06:53
:96: Signs are important enough to be called peregrine, but not houses and if you look at Astro-Seek dominants everything ends at 100% for everybody! No great peregrine plane like at the other sites! If Edgar Cayce was into Astrology he would probably say that 2nd-house :160: is redemption! He got into Astrology late when he was talking weird. Not everyone improves with age! Plenty of old charts have only visible planets with no houses, the temptation to put something on an empty pizza slice is often quite strong! :69:
August 3, 2021 at 07:34
(Libra) BeatrixKiddo
Hi Anni,
I looked up aspects of Uranus and Neptune in your chart. Uranus and Neptune are affected by your Moon-Mars and Mercury. They are important. your element in your chart is spread equally. But your water element is low. You could be less emotional. But Neptune affects your moon, mars and mercury. That´s mean you have pity or compassion sense toward other people. And Uranus affects your inner planets. Your Moon and MArs in Virgo. Virgo is hard working sign. And you are working so hard in school or in office. But Your working style is more different than others. You might have unique working style. Or you have a job through the computer, internet like youtuber.
Probably your inner life is rich and different than other. Also your thinking style might be different. Especially while your mercury is in retro. You can miss past. And your mind might be obsessed with past events.
August 3, 2021 at 08:52
(Leo) Anni23 » BeatrixKiddo
Thanks for this. I didn´t know that these aspects were so strong. So I haven´t been able to work out the influence. Apart from my family being a capricorn family, actually they are too unemotional for me. I would say that I am reasonably emotional but I´m also very in control usually. My experience ao far has only given me the opportunity to save myself psychologically so to speak. I did used to be more emotional when I was younger. But those were very tough times and I was mostly ignored.
I would say that I am often highly sentimental. But not in proximity to certain others.
Actually according to this website the elements of air, earth and water are about the same but I have lower fire :63:

Being kind to other people since has also made me tougher emotionally when they disregard you.

I used to when I was younger think something of "the imagined past" yes, idolize people etc. But not for some time now
August 6, 2021 at 15:00
I was just thinking about some things you said. It is true that with my family we usually do not like to talk about emotions but then you say that my cancer mc heaven is my most outward self. Would this not mean that I appear relatively emotional or sensitive.
I thought also that the 11th house was one of the most visible social sides of a person. Actually my sun is just in the 11th using whole signs. Or using placidus it would be in the 10th, but in either case would it be also somewhat visible/apparent?

It is true in any case because of my 12th house placements that I may be not so openly emotional often. But then also I wonder if some people perceive me still as being emotional.. ironically this is usually the overly or under emotional types
In either case they perceived me as they wanted to

Also as for my nn, I was thinking about this and my life and my family and I think it´s possible that it fits better with my nn in the 3rd. (Which also puts my sn in the 9th with my ascendant ruler)
One of my parents is a sag, and pretty heavily into the written word/esoteric traditions etc. My mother was also a librarian.
Besides which I think I´m pretty reasonably good at communicating and actually I do like it tbh,.. just I have some issues currently and for awhile with going through and committing to the idea of being directly social/op being more hermit like.. also I think that my final dispositer is in the 12th, which apparently means being behind the scenes in regards to whatever my destiny might be. Though I am unsure overall about other location changes of other planets. So from that side or the perspective I cannot decide. Being involved with people indirectly could be an option somehow :25:
August 6, 2021 at 19:38
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Anni23
I´m a little confused over some of the things you have said here. First, Capricorn doesn´t like sharing feelings with others, but it doesn´t mean they don´t have feelings. We all have feelings, emotions. But we all handle them differently. Cancer is more than simply "feelings" or expressing feelings. In fact, Cancer can be very shy about that, like Moon, or other signs. Cancer is sensitive to energies, which isn´t the same thing as expressing feelings or emotions. Being sensitive is about feeling energies in general - like someone being loud, pushy, arrogant - whatever - so it isn´t just about expressing feelings. A Cancer MC can appear different according to the rest of the chart.

Houses 7-12 are all considered "social" houses - even the 12th. The even numbered houses are all inward houses - so you can have more inwardness in those houses even if they are also social houses. Just because a house is considered a social house - how apparent it is to others that you are being social is kind of not really what it is about. The 10th house is an inward house - so it is an inward knowing of your position in society. The 11th is more outward because it suggests how we connect with our tribe - but they can be people we never even meet. They are people with whom we share an ideal or belief or world view. they can be an audience or people working in the same field as we are. It isn´t about how people SEE it necessarily.

I really don´t get your reasons for NN in 3rd - because of your parents? This is YOUR past life symbol - or what you´ve inherited through family history - but that can be generations down the line - and it´s always about the emotional-psychological complexes.

You do not have a final dispositor in the 12th - which makes some of the last parts confusing to me. A final dispositor will be the ruler of the sign it is in. Mercury and Moon are in mutual reception - maybe this is what you are noticing. Your dispositor trees end in different planets.

I cannot follow you in the way you are making conclusions. That is not to say that you are wrong.
August 7, 2021 at 05:44
Ahh ok thanks for the clarification about cancer. I have known a few cancer suns so I know what they can be like, though also I think 2 had virgo ascs.
I was just wondering how I appear to others. Well any of us having studied astrology for even a time will know a lot better and accept with some degree of humility that we may appear differently to others based on many factors than how we may have thought that we try to make ourselves appear.
So I´m wondering what actually would be visible to others, though I´m aware that context plays a huge part in this.

That is very interesting what you say about the 10th house.

Sorry I didn´t entirely mean because of my parents about the nn, I am not such a traditionalist astrology follower as to accept that however much of who I am is inherited.. I meant firstly that the emphasis on communciations, and a strong interest in writing.
Also I don´t really relate strongly to the 2nd house/feel it´s issues as pressing. Though I am on the fence with this. Maybe when I am older it will be revealed more to me.
As I said it is/has been the 12th that I have felt the greatest presence from I suppose.. :23:
(Working to move away from this somewhat however.. by degrees)

As a general overall thought I suppose I am thinking that communications do not necessarily have to be direct. Infact I have been questioning this in regards to contradicting aspects of my chart. Unfortunately in my life so far they have not been very much direct at all. Though as I said I like communicating. I see what your saying about the 10th and 11th maybe not being directly social.
It will have to be something that I have to accept possibly about never communicating directly with people. Though in other ways I don´t really wish it. (I meant with some small groups or friendship circles with people of similar minds by the above/exchanging ideas)

Thanks for the clarification on the final dispositers. I wasn´t sure actually, it seemed to me that most houses ended up going up a chain to the 12th.. so your saying that my "final disposition" of planets is distributed between two houses? :25:

Hope my thinking makes better sense for you now. I have taken away a few points that you have made
August 7, 2021 at 13:20
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Anni23
Not everyone has a final dispositor. You don´t. All dispositor trees need to end in one planet - the same planet - and then you have a final dispositor. Actually, most people don´t have one.

The main issue seems to be - communication. Right? You´re trying to figure out why you don´t have direct communication with others? I´m not sure what you mean by "direct", but you seem to feel your ability to communicate with others isn´t what you think it could be - and this is why you are looking at how others may perceive you. Do I have it right?

I would say that your Gemini South Node is what says there is a wound in Gemini qualities - which includes communication - listening, speaking, having that exchange. It can also be about "perception" - how you think, your thinking processes, your ability to put perceptions into words.

South Node in the 8th house suggests that it caused much emotional pain for you. Part of the problem is that you are super sensitive to how others view you - your social self. The 2nd house North Node - is about your self-concept - the way you value you yourself. That is 2nd house - it isn´t just about money - it´s about who you think you are - your ideas about yourself - the way you perceive yourself. In Sagittarius - it is saying - there is a need to expand upon and revise your self-concept, your esteem, your value. Sag also is giving a sense of faith in oneself - encouragement.

Jupiter on ASC also is an encouragement to present positively. Libra rising - is sensitive - it has that energy exchange - so it accentuates your sensitivity to others. If a Libra rising grows up in an environment that isn´t conducive to a pleasant energy exchange, a libra can withdraw - just like a Cancer can. Either they withdraw or take control over the interchanges. It sounds like maybe you have withdrawn. Or maybe you sometimes do Jupiter - sometimes - and withdraw other times. Jupiter can give you a desire to relate.

Libra does learn about itself through interchanges - and for them - relating is important - so I understand your concern over this. I think your Moon and Mars in Virgo are saying it´s necessary to analyze yourself - to truly see how your sensitivity is affecting the way you communicate. A mutual reception between your South Node ruler - Mercury in Cancer - and Moon/Mars in Virgo - is a strong relationship. The Mercury needs healing - and self-analysis can really be a path to healing it. This is "inner work" that needs to go on to help you see what needs to be worked with in order to improve good communication. What personal issues are involved?

Mars also suggests that independence might be part of the equation. Scorpio Pluto CAN BE about placing too much importance on bonded relationships. 8th house can also be about depending too much on others in one way or another. So, part of this might be about creating more space between you and others - so that you are more emotionally independent between you and others. Anyway, this is not easy stuff. Many people - including myself - have to learn how to be more independent within relationships. We´re learning to be different in relationship - which means, we are revising who we think we are - or we are revising our sense of value in relationships. Saturn in Aquarius in the 5th - says - "I´ve got to be me" - yes, we can learn something about ourselves through relationships - but our job is know who we are from down deep inside - to stand on our inner wisdom - so that we stand mature, authentic and secure as a solid independent individual. The 12th house is a good place to let go of the old and adopt the new - but all of this is an inner process.
August 8, 2021 at 05:12
Hmm... ok. I am thinking that I do relate to some of these themes. Well I do know that my moon in virgo has hurt me a lot.
And I was thinking that currently and for awhile I may be coming to terms with plutonic concepts/destruction-renewal as they may relate to my life. I suppose that influence may be strong with pluto in my 2nd and also I have many aspects to it. :23:
However also to an extent I think that I may sometimes confuse this with similar aims/desires of the 12th. It is hard to tell

I have just realised how disconnected I am and your right I haven´t decided if this is "permissible", given contrasting pulls to communciate. But communciation had only hurt me so far in my maybe somewhat limited experience it is true.. family, friends and people who I guess were deeply confused about if they wanted deeper connection/mutual growth or if they loved me enough for this process. Although actually I think that I communicate pretty well. Just that maybe I was not at the same life stage as these people/or had different life directions. That is ok though. Just I had thought that they came in my life maybe for the reason of helping each other advance psychologically/exchange ideas without unrealistic expectations of those ideas aligning perfectly. That was not their desire however..

Maybe I am just apprehensive about I may want/feel/think
Damned 12th house lol
Independance and being intune with other people "collective" thoughts. I do realise when it doesn´t necessarily relate to me though.
Maybe I don´t know what I want or need from others. I know "theoretically" that really good communication would be at the heart of it. But also I dont know how much intellectual-emotional intimacy would be required for that. In "theory" I can see that this is a attainable thing. But also I have always had to be completely independent, and I still have a strong desire to remove myself actually. Not just false communication, although there is that which I think I have achieved now.
But also to mentally extricate myself. Well these I think are 12th house/7 life path issues :23:
Well of course I feel conflicted and even guilty at times to suspect and even largely accept this life. Yet I also don´t know it as fact. I used to be optimistic about it, now I think I realise the strong possibilities for suffering that may be required.
Errrgh yes and then there are those "jupiter moods" generally when I think that I may get everything I want superficially I guess, > that I can relate to people and Actually communicate with exuberance without killing my soul.
But well that was more before the last damn 7 year hit me..

I´m currently trying to cultivate humility and faith in a environment of complete disconnection.
I´m trying to not be too blindly optimistic of anything material/possibilities for communication
August 8, 2021 at 05:39
Also I have judged myself when I have successfully socialised. Like I question why I am even doing it...
As if I am being superficial or untrue to myself
August 8, 2021 at 06:13
(Aquarius) viv » Anni23
Your whole exchange is interesting Anni. To add to what we said before
I wonder if you could let your Sag Asc out to play, say once a week, and do something not all that exciting for you, like a gym/dance class, table tennis even, or even making meals in a soup kitchen, something where you have to have lots of superficial social contact of very little importance, get some exercise, laugh and tell your analytic mind it is “off duty“ and can wander in the fields or take a nap.

You may be a contemplative person but perhaps because of the SN Gemini ? you seem to need reassurance about how you come across to others.

My feedback is you are very clear, very lovely, sensitive and a bit over concerned about how to be in the world. Let yourself enjoy your sense perceptions and have some fun. Life will bring you the lessons you need to learn and your fine mind will make a good job of sorting them out. Bless Viv
August 8, 2021 at 10:31
(Leo) Anni23 » viv
Thanks for your advice. I think that you and Jayjay have given me some good feedback on these astrological issues..

I guess I´ve become even more aware than before of all my issues. So maybe I want some resolutions and to tackle them all, especially after having finished a 7 year, during which I´m sure that I learnt a lot and tested my own strength.
And yet my experience has been slow going.

Now I´m just trying to teach myself more humility, to accept how things may be. I know it might seem negative actually some things I´ve said.
But I´m still trying to work out what I even want/have the capacity for. And what I can reasonably expect from other people and myself

In other ways for sure I could be less unnecessarily hard on myself. Focusing on myself is likely the best start

I have actually started recentering myself, being in the present. Relearning old and new habits of awareness without needing to contextualise my existence in relation to the subjective-objective context, whixh may not even apply to me as much as I thought it might

Perhaps spirituality really has been the catalyst for this :25:
August 8, 2021 at 10:35
(Aquarius) viv » Anni23
🍀🌺🌻🍀 I reckon spirituality includes laughterThink of the Dalai Lamas capacity to laugh despite the difficulties of his life. Best Viv
August 8, 2021 at 10:39
(Leo) Anni23 » viv
That must be true I think. Though I have nobody to laugh with perhaps when I get some time by myself I will be quite jolly if I only continue clearing my head..
I do believe that it´s about attitude regardless of "good fate" or "bad fate"

Also I should drink more wine Ahaha. But I´m living in a household that doesn´t generally drink at the moment so haven´t drunk at all for almost 2 years

Thank you :1:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »