Work: house 6 and 10

July 11, 2021 at 19:18 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) Catch-22
Work: house 6 and 10
I have difficulties grasping the difference between work and career in house 6 or 10.

Can it be that house 6 is about everyday work conditions while 10 is more about the path you follow?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 11, 2021 at 20:15
(Virgo) rohini moon
You´re not wrong, you´re on the right track.

6th house is your daily routines, which means jobs, but also, in general, what you do daily. But it´s also a house of disease and debt.

Think of it this way: 6th house - Competitions, health, financial liabilities, enemies, competitors, maternal uncles, service, employees, service, and litigation

10th house - Social status, career, livelihood, bosses, promotion, name and fame, honour, rulers, employer, foreign settlements and ambition.

6th house is a dustana house and an artha house - basically means wealth through service, while 10th is an kendra house - an important guiding factor in your life, as to who you are and what you will be, because the 10th house is the highest point of our charts.

Very easy to confuse the two, you just have to try and grasp the 10th to see the underling differences in two. 6th has more negative connotations where as the 10th is positive.
July 11, 2021 at 21:10
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
The earth houses are the so-called work houses, but it doesn´t mean they will always signify career. Some people don´t have any planets in any earth house. The 6th can be about daily routines - but I have not found that to be an interpretation that applies very often. People with Sun, Moon or chart ruler in the 6th house, often are interested in the sciences, medicine or veterinary - but that´s because it´s the house of health and pets - and - Virgo loves research. These same people might have a Virgo Sun or Moon in some other house and still go for medicine or the sciences.

The 10th house is the outer-most social place in the chart that includes career - but doesn´t have to. Career can often seen in the house where the 10th house ruler is. But where the Sun is can also indicate strong interests and career.

The work and career labels are general and not meant to be emphatic. We really need to read the whole chart to see career and I never just look to the earth houses for the answer.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
July 12, 2021 at 09:32
(Aquarius) Catch-22
Thanks for the clarifications. :79:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »