Ascendant vs Sun

July 7, 2021 at 09:39 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Yosefus, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Ascendant vs Sun
I´m studying astrology since 2012, and I´m literally addicted to astrology,
So I wanna ask people a question, which one do you refer to more, the rising or the sun?
I see the sun as the main focus of your life, unless you´re Leo rising then the sun rules your chart.
But the YOU part is the first house.
Most people refer to their sun sign.
I myself focus more on the ascendant of the person, cuz, let´s imagine this example.
A person with virgo rising, let´s say that mercury is in the first house, and their sun is in the 9th house in taurus.. So.. Will you say that this person is eating philosophy? 😂, sorry.. I was just kidding, maybe he´s a philosopher or a traveller, but remember that´s taurus not sagittarius or aries.
Taurus ninth house?
Or that the person himself the main focus is on philosophy and traveling in a taurus way? Which is more stable and realistic?
Also, do you experience transits based on rising or moon or the sun?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 7, 2021 at 10:25
(Taurus) theycallmetym
Alright,as a virgo rising and taurus sun in 9th house person i can easily say i feel my self closer to 9th house matters in comparison with sun sign.And i wouldnt say that im handling 9th house matters with tauiran energy definitely..
There is also a lot virgo influence i feel in particular way i would say.
But its just me,everyone is different.
Primarily i look which house sun is positioned in persons chart and after asc sign and ruler planet house position.
July 7, 2021 at 11:00
(Taurus) Rosincvist
:27: I was informed by Dr. Prete that one is supposed to become more important at 35 y. old , but I was too adle-brained to know which it was! :64:
July 7, 2021 at 12:12
(Taurus) nutelina
Rising, because all the houses are according to your rising and it is like your identity. I´m Aries Sun but trust me, the Cancer rising was invisible for me for many years just because I didn´t know. It gave me answers to more than my Sun could ever give, that it would have been wiser to get married late (Capricorn in 7th house) and many more.

>Also, do you experience transits based on rising or moon or the sun?

Of course when ruled by the moon...
July 7, 2021 at 12:29
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user anotheralex, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Its a hard call, I would say that I relate more to my sun sign but the fact that I have mars, mercury, and pluto there too make it hard to not relate to it, At the same
Time their all in the house of My ascendant , 10th house.
and Leo is my moon sun I sometimes relate to that more,
I mean I feel all the influence depending in which sphere wete talking about.

I like to look at transit from my sun sign perspective
July 7, 2021 at 12:41
(Gemini) UgurCan
Because my five planets are in the sign of Gemini, my answer will not be objective.

But I´ve OBSERVED that the rising sign affects more.
July 7, 2021 at 12:55
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MartianPisces, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
That’s a tough one because I’m a Libra rising, but my Mars is in the 1st house of Scorpio along with my sun sign being accidentally dignified in the 5th house of Pisces.On top of that my Ascendant is on the 28 degree mark. So I’m just confused?
July 7, 2021 at 13:10
(Capricorn) dreamtripp
I think given that the rising sign determines house layout it is more useful to look at it, rather than the sun, when interpreting a chart. Rising is the path of the soul.

I have always felt that the Sun is something we grow into as we get older, for me, the Sun is the light we look towards and follow. Being Glib I will say the rising is the journey, and the Sun is the destination. Both are important, but one is more functional in a daily sense.
July 7, 2021 at 13:18
(Scorpio) OS*
"A person with virgo rising, let´s say that mercury is in the first house, and their sun is in the 9th house in taurus.. So.. Will you say that this person is eating philosophy? 😂, sorry.. I was just kidding, maybe he´s a philosopher or a traveller, but remember that´s taurus not sagittarius or aries."

Im not sure if you´re kidding on this part but it wouldn´t be possible. Mercury and Sun always are near each other. The sun would be in 12th, 1st or 2rd.

I use both combined. The entire chart needs to be considered. . .
July 7, 2021 at 15:15
(Capricorn) Jaided
I think I feel my Virgo rising more than my Sun these days but honestly I feel the Aquarius influence more than Capricorn in general this year. In my progressed chart I have a lot of 6th house going on so I think that is what brought out my rising traits most in my adult life. My 5th house is pretty repressed and not in a very happy place. Saturn is transiting my 5th for quite a while now.
July 8, 2021 at 05:13
(Leo) Kasperanza
I think people and their rising sign says more than anything else. The chart ruler along with the sign and house it falls into says a lot about a person. The ascendant is literally one´s physical body, and represents them in their chart.

It´s not to say that the Sun and Moon don´t have power or influence. It really depends on where the Sun falls and the aspects it makes. I like to think of the luminaries as literally shining a spotlight on the important things in life. What matters in a person´s life. It´s not you exactly, but it´s important things in your life that will seem like a part of you.

I also think that people who have DAY charts are much more likely to identify with their Sun, while people with NIGHT charts will identify with their Moon.

And I think this is more than merely identifying with a planet or not. You have look at the entire chart and read the story that´s taking place.

For example, I´m a Capricorn rising and so Saturn is my ruler. My character is embodied in Saturn. Saturn is square my Leo Sun. So although I have this strong Sun placement, my reserved nature is crushing my Sun. You could say I´m my own worst enemy. I work to hide my own light, or censor myself so much that you see nothing. In a weird way, the Sun is illuminating this aspect about me.
July 8, 2021 at 05:36
(Libra) Castlewallsxo
Libra Sun/Leo Rising and I personally feel I relate more to my sun sign but I agree that the ascendant is very important because it rules the House of Self

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »