ASTROLOGICAL MAGIC

June 29, 2021 at 01:38 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) astreo
ASTROLOGICAL MAGIC
I guess not many here will believe in this kind of thing, or wonder if it is correct or not, that is another issue. But I grew up with a mother with Sun in the 8th house (like me), she always took me with people who ``consulted the dead´´ or a simple tarot, so since I was a child I got used to seeing different spiritual practices, from simple things to very complex and, seeing the results that people caused like lighting a simple candle to other things not so pleasant to mention. I was wondering.

Will there be any practices related to astrology and the possible results or effects of the same?
Like the states of the Moon.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 29, 2021 at 04:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user bruhmoment, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Have you asked your mom? I personally believe you could manipulate the planets in a way where you could make yourself a superhuman I just don´t have the emotion to try or even want to succeed because chances are if the right person stopped using social media and the internet to not fry their dopamine cells and stopped escaping and even with television then they would probably make themselves a superhuman IF it was the right person.
June 29, 2021 at 05:16
(Libra) Castlewallsxo
There´s a lady on Tumblr who posts about this sort of stuff. She´s currently revamping her blog but she says people with different astrological placements have different magical gifts. For example she said people with Mercury in Virgo are more likely to have physical healing abilities, people with fire dominant charts are better at divination with flames, etc.
June 29, 2021 at 13:58
(Virgo) astreo » Castlewallsxo
Interesting!
So its blog is not available right now?
Have you ever been interested in healing?
Me.
Medicinal herbs or baths in spiritual remedies also attract my attention.
June 29, 2021 at 14:06
(Virgo) astreo » bruhmoment
Once I met a Christian fanatic on the street, who knew various things about the Bible, but also about esotericism.
He said that if we believed a lot in "Christ", we would no longer be on the influence of the planets.
I used to go to a Christian church, not a Catholic one.
So I knew the pastoral family very well, after that, I began to observe them, I am very good at identifying the sun signs of the person, just by looking at them and, I realized that:

1. The oldest and principal pastor is Cancer.
2. His son, the secondary pastor, was a Scorpio.
3. The third, who was the grandson of the pastor (a child who had just been born is Pisces).

What does that tell you?
1. Cardinal, a water sign that always starts something, in this case he founded the church, but he started it with great enthusiasm like every Cardinal sign, after a while he got discouraged.

2. Then his son arrived, who is Scorpio, his mercury in Sagittarius is very noticeable, because of how he likes to preach, a fixed sign which comes to support what his Cancer father had started.

3. His son Pisces, finally and mutable, will come to "perfect" the work already done by the previous ones, removing the good and bad.

Clearly you can see the spiritual influence of a church, even if it is not very attached to one, I once was, and I really liked reading the bible, but I think everything is related. I don´t see that they have freed themselves from their sign at all.

I think that if there were the possibility of doing it, the system itself would allow it.
June 29, 2021 at 14:10
(Virgo) astreo » bruhmoment
Would you like to free yourself from any position in your letter?
June 29, 2021 at 14:13
(Sagittarius) Psyle
If you are asking about a possible connection between astrology and magical practices then the answer is yes : there is a connection.

The most authentic tradition, the root of it all, is an occult system grounded in hermetic philosophy called planetary magic. The most famous classical grimoire of that system is called "The Picatrix" from the medieval period.

It said in the Corpus Hermeticum that God brought about a demiurge who then went on to create the seven planetary spheres, the powers of the gods, to govern all of creation.

"The One, the primordial androgyne, existing as life and light, engenders by means of the logos another creative intelligence, a craftsman, god of fire and spirit, who in turn creates seven governors, who enclose the sensible world in circles. Their dominion is called Fate"
~ Corpus Hermeticum I.9

Astrologers measure these powers of the gods.
Magicians manipulate these powers.
Mystics transcend these powers.

"Then, being naked of all the accumulations of the seven Rings, the soul comes to the Eighth Sphere, namely, the ring of the fixed stars. Here, freed of all illusion, it dwells in the Light and sings praises to the Father in a voice which only the pure of spirit and the angels may understand. Behold, O Hermes, there is a great mystery in the Eighth Sphere, for the Milky Way is the seed-ground of souls, and from it they drop into the Rings, and to the Milky Way they return again from the wheels of Saturn. But some cannot climb the seven-runged ladder of the Rings. So they wander in darkness below and are swept into eternity with the illusion of sense and earthiness."
~ CH I.26

Here we notice that it is possible to move beyond the powers of the planets but that only happens beyond death. And such an event, aka enlightenment, is very rare. "Christ", as the archetypal solar being, represents this completion where the soul is not subject to fate anymore (the planets, karmic domain of Saturn) but instead is governed by Divine Providence (beyond the planets, the Galaxy).
June 29, 2021 at 16:13
(Virgo) astreo » Psyle
What an interesting thing!

I remember that when I read the Bible I liked it a lot, because it had many mystical and strange things, the way in which it describes "God" in the Apocalypse and, its essence of "Great King Pure with Power", I I liked it very much, once I was reading fragments of the Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus and, it had a certain resemblance to the Bible, I think, the Bible also has a lot of similarity with some things from Greek mythology, such as the great flood, it would be interesting to read that you mention from ´´ The Picatrix ´´.

´´After this, I looked and saw an open door in heaven; and the voice that I had heard first, and that sounded like a trumpet blast, said to me: "Come up here and I will show you the things that have to happen after these."

At that time I came under the power of the Spirit, and I saw a throne set up in heaven, and someone was sitting on the throne. 3 The one sitting on the throne looked like a diamond or a ruby, and around the throne was a rainbow that shone like an emerald; 4 Also around the throne I saw twenty-four other thrones, on which were seated twenty-four elders: they were dressed in white and had a gold crown on their heads. 5 From the throne came lightning, voices, and thunder; and before the throne burned seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God. 6 In front of the throne was also something that looked like a sea, transparent as glass.

In the center, where the throne was, and around it, there were four living beings full of eyes in front and behind. 7 The first of those beings looked like a lion, the second looked like a bull, the third looked like a human, and the fourth looked like a flying eagle. 8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings, and was covered with eyes on the outside and inside. And neither day nor night did they stop saying:

«Holy, holy, holy is the Lord,
God Almighty,
he who was and is and is to come! »

Whenever those living beings give glory and honor and thanks to the one who sits on the throne, to the one who lives for all ages, the twenty-four elders kneel before him and worship him and, throwing their crowns before the throne, they say:

«You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory, honor and power,
because you have created all things;
by your will they exist and have been created. "

The lion, the bull, the eagle and the angel: the Tetramorph.

The word ´tetramorph´ etymologically indicates a representation of four elements. In the Christian tradition, the prophet Ezekiel describes four creatures with human faces and animal appearances.´´

- Revelation 4-11
Login
(Log in)
June 29, 2021 at 16:19
June 29, 2021 at 16:29
(Virgo) astreo » Psyle
I think there are many mystical sects, the truth I have heard from several, but I do not know what they study.

Once I had read an article where I mentioned the position of Neptune and the influence that it had for the development of many sects, or I don´t quite remember what positions they were.

Aleister Crowley had a square of his Jupiter with Neptune, something that makes him unrealistic and a fan of spiritualism, I think that in the end he ended up committing suicide, that is why I am a bit skeptical of certain beliefs or sects, since they abound a lot of fanaticism, loss of reality and abuse of drugs, alcohol, among many other negative things. But it is interesting to read all that, in addition, until not knowing, not judging, and there are many interesting things to discover.
June 29, 2021 at 16:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » astreo
System message: Post has been written by user bruhmoment, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
yeah which is why i try to avoid religion for the time being. Yeah cancer is naturally cardinal
June 29, 2021 at 18:48
(Sagittarius) Psyle » astreo
These passages also resonate with this one :

"Seven lights are there in the Most Hight, and that is where lives the hidden of the hidden, the secret of secrets, the mystery of mysteries, Ain Soph Aur".
~ Zohar

The Apocalypse is a great text for esoteric interpretation and your quote actually parallels the Corpus Hermeticum. Both the CH and the Emerald Tablet are associated with Hermes Trismegistus.

"I looked and saw an open door in heaven; and the voice that I had heard first, and that sounded like a trumpet blast"

This ressembles the description of Arcana XX "Judgement".

"The seven torches of fire" are the seven classical planets of astrology which in truth happen to be seven deities (gods of greek mythology). Therefore they can indeed be named "the seven spirits of God" as it is the case in the CH.

"The throne" represents the demiurge (father Saturn) the one who created the seven spheres (CH I.9 again) through the Word ("lightning and thunder" of the throne). The "rainbow" is an interesting symbol because it represents the act of creation (diffraction into colors / manifest) out of the demiurge (White light / unmanifest) and his prism ("a sea transparent as glass"). The white light of the stars gets colored through the seven planets. The ancient alchemists pictured that multi-colored universal auric filed as a peacock, which, according to greek mythology is paved with the eyes of Argos the guardian with a hundred eyes. The apocalypse (and modern day psychonauts) also talk of divine beings full of hundreds of eyes.

This brings us to the Biblical Tetramorph which represents the fixed grand cross of the zodiac : The lion (Leo), the bull (Taurus), the eagle (Scorpio) and the angel (Aquarius). And these four signs do indeed bring out the four elements. Sometimes in churches you see these four beings surrounding a Christ figure in the center (the fifth element). The fixed cross is also a representation of divine love and Vishnu (sustainer aspect of the cosmos). Christianity is all about divine love.

The twenty-four elders could be a double manifestation of the zodiac (24 = 2x12). Hence the 12 + 7 + 3 sacred letters of the Sepher Yetsirah.

The pattern is very interesting : divine love (the living beings) and the zodiacal signs (twenty-four elders) celebrate and give praise to the inner soul (Throne).

This also reminds me of the famous painting : "the Circle of Angels in Dante´s Paradise" which isn´t unlike the circular structure of the solar system.

According to Iamblichus (De Mysteriis, II.4, 93) : "The self-granted visions of the Gods are seen more clearly than the truth itself, and are filled with a divine light that distincts them from all else. Their presence is so great that it’s enough to even outshine the entirety of the heavens and make the earth itself tremble at their approach. Such visions show the Hypercosmic Gods surrounded by Encosmic Gods, Archangels, and Angels. These holy epiphanies fill our souls with truth and power, aligning even our earthly activities with their own and granting us success in our endeavors and the blessing of Providence for all of the days in our lives."

Sure there are lots of kinds of mystical sects and the modern ones (which still use the planets) such as Wicca or Thelema (founded by Aleister Crowley) are often deluded. However the ancient traditions, rooted in authentic revelation, such as hermeticism and christianity can be trusted. Yes the Picatrix is in the link you posted. In the end Crowley did not manage to handle his Neptune opposite Venus-Jupiter-Mercury and his Sagittarius Lilith. But other grounded great geniuses and saints have been able to handle the strong powers of Neptune and Lilith without becoming insane.
Login
(Log in)
June 29, 2021 at 19:55
(Virgo) astreo » Psyle
What you describe is a whole world, plus numerology.
I think it is related to the Kabbalah, right?
Here in my country, little is heard of them, I only know that they combine letters with numbers and many things.

I had not realized her Lilith in Sagittarius, interesting!
Login
(Log in)
June 29, 2021 at 20:28
Yes all of that is related to western esotericism as a whole (hermetics, alchemy, kabbalah...). The ancients used to only consider astrology as part of that broader mystical tradition. Nowadays modern astrology often forgets about its magical roots.

Your country Mexico has had a well known spiritualist, kabbalist and prolific writer called : Samaël Aun Weor. While he did contemplate deep themes of western esotericism, sometimes he got a bit deluded (Piscean nature) and egoistical (Leo Lilith) like Aleister Crowley. But Samael´s books are still interesting nonetheless. He talks about the deeper esoteric symbolism of the zodiac signs and its practice along many other topics.
June 29, 2021 at 21:06
(Virgo) astreo » Psyle
Your Sun in Sagittarius should make you explore many topics, they are those "wise" who know many things.
Whenever I am with a Sun or Moon in Sagittarius I am very amazed. My Moon in Gemini makes me very curious, Sagittarius help the Moon in Gemini to take information to another level.
The conjunction that makes the North Node to your Sun must be something strong.
June 29, 2021 at 21:13
(Virgo) astreo » Psyle
"The star leads the fool but the Wise guides his star."
~ Chinese proverb

I like the Tarot and, now that I read that description it is very true!
I had never compared the letter from the Fool to the Hermit. :39:
Login
(Log in)
June 29, 2021 at 22:48
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » astreo
The tumblr is servantofthefates. She has some posts still available but not as many of the astrology and magic ones. Within a year they´ll probably all be back up, though. She reposts something every few days.
June 29, 2021 at 22:55
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » astreo
I´m a Christian. I believe the planets reflect, instead of influence.

The Bible says for Christians to not fear the planets, but I think what that means is that if we are righteous people, then everything that happens (even the difficult events) will be for our ultimate good in the end, so it´s nothing to be afraid of.
June 29, 2021 at 23:10
(Capricorn) Datta108 » Castlewallsxo
Namaste, I too was raised Christian and I too think the "planets" reflect,but what are they actually reflecting?? They are simply reflecting your past actions back to you,your karma, so why should anyone be afraid of the results of thier very own actions committed in this birth or before??
We all are the architects of our own destiny, what was done in the past will bear fruit in the future, utilize whatever free will to become a first class human being with spiritual knowledge and values, everything in the future will improve if one makes a spiritual effort now🙏☀️🌻
June 30, 2021 at 06:31
I started out my life with Gemini ASC conjunct Ketu qualities.

Then my Sun slowly started to mature. First at 21 years old (maturation age of the Sun in vedic astrology).

Then the biggest awakening came in 2019 when my Progressed Sun hit Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn. Along with transit Jupiter in Sagittarius conjunct natal Sun (and Mercury). I felt like I was hit by the uranian thunder of knowledge! Mindblowing. Like embodying Arcana V (the hierophant) and Arcana I (the magician).

Rahu (North Node) conjunct my natal Sun creates a confusion (eclipsing the sun´s light) in my early life (unbalanced ego, too much and too little self confidence) that can progressively evolve into an authentic and mature selfhood later on (probably around 42 years old : maturation age of Rahu). Same thing for my H9 Saturn in Aquarius conjunct MC! Hard work in my early life and when I´m older I may reap the benefits (Saturn return 1 2 and 3) and become even more charismatic (H9 Venus in Aquarius, Saturn sextile Sun, Saturn trine Libra Jupiter).

Your Gemini Moon is a karmic protection because it helps to balance out your Sagittarius Lilith conjunct Pluto. Your Virgo Mercury gives you the intellectual potential to dig deeper, along with the curiosity of that Gemini Moon and the strange events of that H8 Sun. But your higher intuition is hidden in Lilith and Pluto : the greatest genius as well as the biggest danger. That´s why Lilith is hidden for most people. But you seem to have worked on that Lilith already with astrology and religion. An applying square between your Sun and Lilith means that your Sun is actually moving closer towards Lilith (Virgo towards Sagittarius in direct motion). Such a square is called the point of affirmation : it´s a kind of spiritual anger where the Soul looks for the Lilith it lost during its "biblical fall" in the material world.

Carl Jung is a famous successful Sagittarius Lilith.
Aleister Crowley is a famous talented but unsuccessful Sagittarius Lilith!

Crowley started out as a talented magician (True Lilith in Scorpio) but eventually he tried to make his own premature religion Thelema (unsuccessful Mean Lilith in Sagittarius).

"I cling unto the burning Æthyr like Lucifer that fell through the Abyss, and by the fury of his flight kindled the air. And I am Belial, for having seen the Rose upon thy breast, I have denied God. And I am Satan! I am Satan! I am cast out upon a burning crag! And the sea boils about the desolation thereof. And already the vultures gather, and feast upon my flesh.”
~ Aleister Crowley

In truth he shouldn´t have tried to become a prophet. He should have preached the authentic ancient religions. Thelema plagiarized Hermeticism. Interestingly the Egyptians used to say that the essence of magic (Scorpio) comes from religion (Sagittarius) because magic (heka) is given by the powers of the gods (the planets) which come from God (fifth element). And indeed Scorpio is the 12th house from Sagittarius. The karma (12th house) of magic (Scorpio) comes from religion (Sagittarius). A true inspiration is needed from God before one can preach the powers of the gods.
Login
(Log in)
June 30, 2021 at 17:59
(Virgo) astreo » Psyle
Thank you very much, I had not fully understood my Lilith, until you mention it. :79:
July 2, 2021 at 10:02
(Aquarius) Catch-22
Everything is magic. Science and magic are one, they are two faces of The Divine.

Just like burning a candle will make you rich, will safely crossing a river of average depth 1,5m be a disappointment if both science and magic are used wrong.

Magic lies also in the Great Connection between the things, which we may not experience as adults since we feel so disconnected by our ego. That´s not only on a esoterical or psychological way, but also on a scientific way. Like I said, magic and science are one, so that makes sense. There is no coincidence, everything that happens should have happened.
July 2, 2021 at 21:54
(Virgo) astreo » Catch-22
Yes, it is best to have an open mind, you do not know if what you think is "reality", is the right thing or not.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »