Transits for career change

June 23, 2021 at 13:00 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Transits for career change
So how are my transits looking for a career change?

This may be a little premature, since I just recently completed the interview, and am not even sure I´m going to take the job if offered.

The new job would be as a career advisor to recovering opiate addicts trying to re-enter the workforce.

As an opiate addict in recovery with 15 years clean, it´s something I feel particularly passionate about. I am proof that there is a road back.

I have three kids, so even though I feel drawn to the job, compensation is a factor. I´m looking for a slight pay upgrade because we need it, but I´m not sure it´s going to be able to get done.

I would be working for the same company, just a different division.

I´ve been at my current job for 10 years, and feel extremely comfortable in it. But I have an "itch."

I have my own ideas about the transits, but would like to hear others´ opinions.

Thanks.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
June 23, 2021 at 14:38
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
I wonder if Chiron´s upcoming return is somehow linked to your plans.
June 23, 2021 at 17:26
(Virgo) rohini moon
Now this is interesting for a few reasons...

1. I knew about your sobriety, and those in recovery are the best to give advice to others - as you´ve been there.. and given the nature of your articulation, I see you as a prime candidate for this kind of work. Always thought that.

2. Can´t look past the Full Moon occurring in your 4th house over your natal Jupiter which is casting its aspect to your 10th house right now where the Sun is currently transiting though. The Sun transiting your 10th house is at his highest position is a GREAT time for a change in career that will be beneficial to you.

Transits indicating it to me are the obvious - full moon over your natal Jupiter in the 4th aspecting the transit of the Sun in the 10th.

Remember when Moon conjuncts Jupiter in transit it makes you more confident, and emotionally you feel very positive. How you´re looking at things becomes more optimistic.

I see Sunny changes on the horizon for your career.
June 23, 2021 at 17:27
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Well, dear fishscales, your SP Sun is about to move into the 8th house - which of course is good for doing inner work, self or with others. I would think this is a good sign that a change might be good and make you happy. TR Uranus has just recently entered 8th house too and will be going retrograde and then stations right on your SP Sun in Jan 2022. As you know, Uranus is about "change".

Also, your SP Moon enters Sag in early July - another big change - it then conjuncts natal Neptune and then progresses to the magic 5 degree number in your chart - as you have Moon/NN, Jupiter, Neptune and Venus at that 5 degrees. Sagittarius is about growing, changing, expanding in your 2nd house self-concept and self-value.

If this new job would be growth-producing and a new phase of your own fulfillment, I´d say, this is indeed a good time - sometime over the next year.

Of course, there may be other indicators - but this is what pops out at my at first glance. SP Sun and Moon changing signs is pretty significant.

Yeah - go for it! Scratch the itch - if your intuition agrees . . .

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
June 23, 2021 at 18:14
(Taurus) nutelina
I see you have plenty of replies so I´ll just chime in, nice to get to know you better! It´s a coincidence of sorts because I was wondering how you were doing actually and ask you.

I´m more interested in the drug addiction part since I´ve had plenty of opportunity to get addicted but never was, to anything. That said I couldn´t live without Mary Jane and possibly shrooms since they both are so great for getting into your inner wisdom through "outer wisdom", it seems.
June 24, 2021 at 01:39
(Virgo) rohini moon » rohini moon
Just wanted to add, I think those kinds of jobs are some of the most noble and sincere jobs a person can have.

There´s something deeply beautiful to me when someone can come from a place of darkness and be able to shine light and hope on someone else who is at a place where they also used to be.
June 24, 2021 at 01:57
(Pisces) fishscales
Oh yeah, before I get to more responses, I should mention that I found out through a friend in the agency that I did get selected for the position...

I´m supposed to get the official word tomorrow, at which time I would find out what the compensation will be...

So not quite locked down yet...

The more I think about it though, the more I want to do this, even if the compensation isn´t quite what I´ve been hoping for...
June 24, 2021 at 02:13
(Pisces) fishscales » rohini moon
"I knew about your sobriety, and those in recovery are the best to give advice to others - as you´ve been there.."

I think that´s been my greatest asset during this entire process...

During the job interview, they of course asked me why I felt qualified to do this job...I just said because I´ve lived it...

We´ll see if I can translate my experiences into actions that can be of some help to others. I´d like to think so.
June 24, 2021 at 02:17
(Pisces) fishscales » JayJayAstrology
"as you have Moon/NN, Jupiter, Neptune and Venus at that 5 degrees."

I know...what is up with that??

I think I started a thread about that a long time ago.

Always thought it was very strange...
June 24, 2021 at 02:20
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
"It´s a coincidence of sorts because I was wondering how you were doing actually and ask you."

Well, that is kind of strange, because just the other day I was wondering where the heck you have been... :27:
June 24, 2021 at 02:24
Nothing like turning a weakness into a strength eh? :3:

Thanks Ro, that was sweet. :68:
June 24, 2021 at 02:36
(Virgo) rohini moon » fishscales
Nothing like it, at all... very powerful :80:

Wishing you good luck! On the compensation part....
June 24, 2021 at 02:55
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » fishscales
5 is your lucky number. These planets are always stimulated at the same time with transits - so these form some kind of pattern for you. I´m too tired to get into it right now - but - if you want, I´ll look at it tomorrow.
June 24, 2021 at 02:57
I hope it works out.

I´ve been thinking all day...if I didn´t have any responsibilities, I´d take this job even if the pay was lower.

Now, that´s not to say this is making me resent my responsibilities, but it is making me relax a little bit regarding the compensation part of this.

Really just trying to avoid either me or my wife (or both of us) having to go out and get a second job.

If you are working to support a family, you at least want to spend some time with them right?
June 24, 2021 at 03:01
Yeah, I´ve thought of the transit "chain reaction" before...or maybe "synchronous reaction" would be more accurate...

But still curious to hear what you have to say about it...

You know...tomorrow or something :3:
June 24, 2021 at 03:06
Of course! Otherwise, what´s the point in having the kids and the spouse? Quality family time trumps all, always.

I totally understand taking the job anyway regardless of pay if you were alone.. it´s a rewarding job, sincerely. A beautiful thing knowing you can walk away and go home everyday knowing for sure you´re giving it your best shot at trying to help and better these people who need it, and show them they can overcome the darkness and live a happy life, like you now are. Jobs like this are priceless...

But yeah, we also need money to survive... and stay afloat. I really hope it all works out! :74:
June 24, 2021 at 10:03
(Taurus) nutelina » fishscales
Really? Yeah, I was busy with other things, on holiday and somewhere else, I used spend way too much time here anyway. That´s because where I live is not much fun and I rather distract myself.
June 24, 2021 at 14:24
I hear what you guys are all saying, family comes first - and of course, income does matter. I´m just wondering if maybe there´s another similar position out there - maybe another company who pays more - because I tend to think that these "itches" mean something. Even if this particular low-paying job isn´t practical, it could be the trigger that gets you really looking at other possibilities - besides working for another company, maybe an online position - there are hotlines and maybe other means of giving help and advice - or - maybe you have an idea for a business you pioneer yourself? Maybe now is a time to imagine the possibilities. There is your Capricorn IC - and Aries DES - there´s a leader in you. You probably are a very good manager of people (Libra rising). You might have what it takes to start something yourself.

Now, for the other matter - The number 4-5 in your chart. Any transit or progression is going to stimulate that degree and "light up" your chart - energize it. First of all, the Nodes are at 04-18. So, I consider it in the Group. That means, it´s stimulated with a transit or progression - along with Moon, Venus, Jupiter and Neptune. It also means that Saturn gets drawn in because it is the ruler of Aquarius (I tend to use traditional rulers), and connected with the Jupiter in Capricon. Let me break it down.

So, the Nodes - present the greatest challenge we all have - well most of us. The SN presents the biggest wound and the NN presents new territory that isn´t so easy to get to. Luckily, you have Moon conjunct NN - so that´s a lot of support for you to get there. So, the Leo SN - is about a wound to your identity - in the position of leadership. You WERE a leader taking responsibility for others. You may have even been famous - but you were in a position of being of service - in the past life. You may have been a spiritual leader. Something went wrong though, and a decision you made caused a problem for some people - and you fell from your leadership position. You most likely have dealt with some guilt in relationship to this wound. Chiron in Aries echoes this statement - a wound to your leadership qualities. The thing is, it may not have even been your fault - whatever happened. Leaders always make enemies - because you can´t please everyone - and leaders often get blamed for things that they don´t have any control over. So - whatever happened - we know that you were probably judged as having failed in some way. So, in this life, you have to work through that justified or unjustified guilt.

The North Node in Aquarius, 4th is about you learning to nurture yourself - to recover from that trauma - to attend to your feelings (4th house) - BUT - also to trust in your own unique vision of life, who you are, and the gifts you want to share - that´s Aquarius. Pisces has Vision - and you have a vision how you can help people. You have unique ideas you want to implement.

So, then, you´ve got your Moon at 5 degrees - conjunct NN - and here we see you gaining the most joy in life be doing humanitarian service - but doing it in a way that is quite unique - and maybe even revolutionary.

Saturn rules Aquarius Moon, and Saturn is in the 8th house in Gemini. You are all about metaphysics - but also about personal transformation. Your mind is busy studying this and this is a big thing in your chart.

Saturn also rules your Jupiter in Capricorn that is also at 5 degrees! Jupiter in Capricron in the 3rd is very similar to Saturn in Gemini, 8th - right? There´s the Gemini,3rd house connection - and this is you thinking about, communicating about, teaching metaphysical topics - and this involves 8th house transformational work.

Neptune is also at 5 degrees - and it is the modern ruler of your Sun. Both rulers of your Sun are at 5 degrees. So that brings in your Sun - helping people in the 6th house of service. Both rulers are at 5 degrees!!! Neptune is in the house of self-concept - the Mystic - and in the sign of Sagittarius! Jupiter rules that Sag Neptune - Sag being the teacher, the Lord of ethics and codes to live by - of religion and philosophy - of growing and changing. Jupiter, also at 5 degrees, rules the Sag Neptune and is in Capricorn, the leader.

Then there´s Venus at 5 degrees, ruler of your chart - a big player - in Taurus, 7th. The 7th house is the house of all one-on-one relationships, which includes spouses, best friends - but also clients if you are counseling them. This again points to service to others. It´s not only that you have a lot to give, but you gain a lot for yourself through those kinds of interactions. It´s nurturing for you. Through Venus, you are fulfilling your life´s purpose. It is square your Nodes - and - a focus in the chart. The chart ruler is a big deal - and I always take it into strong account when looking at career.

So, this is all from looking at the 4-5 degrees planets. The core of your personality is touched by the 4-5 degrees - the nodes, Sun, rulers of your Sun, Moon, ruler of your chart and ASC.

I bet the itch (even if very small) began about 5 years ago. Did it? SP Sun was conjunct natal Venus - and I believe you probably began noticing an occasional itch . . .

Right now, TR Uranus is quincunx ASC and soon will aspect MC-IC. I have so much awe and respect for Uranus and its power to initiate changes! Saturn is trining it too and squaring TR Uranus. You came to the forum to ask about the itch . . . because you know there´s something you can do and maybe even need to do. No doubt, it´s scary because of what happened in the past life - but - maybe you have it in you at this point, to feel the fear and do it anyway.

I didn´t start out intending to inspire you, but as I was reading your chart and writing - I myself got inspired by you. So, yeah, the itch really might be the beginning of something that´s been on the back burner for a while. Think about it - these coming months, as your SP Sun moves into the 8th and SP Moon moves into Sagittarius. Could stimulate your creative juices.
June 25, 2021 at 23:10
(Virgo) rohini moon
👀👀
June 26, 2021 at 00:50
"I´m just wondering if maybe there´s another similar position out there - maybe another company who pays more -"

Maybe...but I´ve been with this company for 10 years...I would be re-uniting with some old colleagues if I took this job too...enticing...if there is someplace that pays more for this type of thing, I´d rather learn the ropes here first, and then see what´s what...

"I bet the itch (even if very small) began about 5 years ago."

That is when I first started feeling the first notes of disenchantment/boredom with my current job...don´t get me wrong, I didn´t hate the job, and still don´t...I just feel as if I have run my course with it...the exceeding level of comfort I feel with it has probably delayed this moment...
June 26, 2021 at 00:55
Still waiting to hear what the compensation is going to be...apparently (according to my source), the manager of the program is pushing for top dollar, but the agency is saying "nope"...

The retail division, which funds this stuff, took a pounding because of covid...

Anyway, it´s looking like the compensation is going to be less than I had hoped...but I´m going to take it either way. Still a pay raise from where I´m at now...and something I feel ready to start doing.
June 26, 2021 at 01:02
Oh, I thought you said the pay was going to be less than what you´re making, and you had decided not to take it. I guess I misunderstood. Good for you! Sounds like a step in the right direction!
June 26, 2021 at 01:12
"But I´m going to take it either way"

YAYAYAY!!!

:37: you´re going to do great. I honestly feel like this was your calling.. like I said I always thought a job like this would suit you very much.. good luck :108: !
June 26, 2021 at 01:19
(Scorpio) OS*
I just noticed we have same signs, degree rising and MC. . .

Generally speaking I think transit Venus and Mars in the 10th might have something to do with, I had a job offer for an other department just recently. I didn’t take the position but I’ve started looking for other options, and updating my resume (which I haven´t done in years)

Awesome you’re doing this! I hope everything goes in your favour :1:
June 26, 2021 at 12:19
"Oh, I thought you said the pay was going to be less than what you´re making"

No, the wife definitely would not have that :61:

I know the reality would not allow for that either...

If I was single, with no responsibilities to anyone but myself, then sure...I´d probably even do it for a pay cut...
June 26, 2021 at 12:21
(Pisces) fishscales » OS*
"Mars in the 10th might have something to do with, I had a job offer for an other department just recently. I didn’t take the position but I’ve started looking for other options, and updating my resume (which I haven´t done in years"

I think Mars in the 10th is definitely responsible for the "itch" I´ve been feeling...

Or maybe not the itch, but the decision to finally scratch it!
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »