IMPORTANCE OF THE SECOND SIGN OF YOUR HOUSE 1.

June 22, 2021 at 01:37 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) astreo
IMPORTANCE OF THE SECOND SIGN OF YOUR HOUSE 1.
Can the sign after your ascendant be considered as Co-Ascendant, if it is still in your 1st house?

Does it influence in any way how you see life?

Or is only the sign where the house starts is taken into account?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 22, 2021 at 01:44
(Virgo) LotusStar
How do you find what it is?
June 22, 2021 at 01:50
(Virgo) astreo » LotusStar
I have always felt instability in my life as an Ascendant in Aquarius, but not so marked, or I do not know if the square that makes the ruler of my Ascendant (Saturn square Uranus) increases it more (speaking of my physical home), since my Uranus is at home 2, in Aquarius.

They say that house 2 is the home where you are born, right?
Because house 4 is already the home that you form.

If house 2 can talk about the place and family where you are born, I feel fully identified.

All my nuclear family, except my MOTHER, tend to be VERY EMOTIONALLY DETACHED, I am, and I was more so as a teenager, I have realized that my two sisters do not like to create emotional bonds, my father more, my own father is an Aquarius, he does not like to bond with anyone, and emotional detachment is something that characterizes my family a lot.

Since I can remember, I am always moving house, when I try to ´´ adapt ´´, out of nowhere I change again.

I did my primary in 4 different schools, and my secondary in 3, I guess I never made great friends because of the same, the fact of changing school / home, it was already customary, so I got used to change and detachment in a certain way.
June 22, 2021 at 01:51
(Virgo) astreo » LotusStar
So I don´t know if the sign of Aquarius in my first house is really the one that influences, or is it just that aspect.

I am somewhat confused. :63:
June 22, 2021 at 02:20
(Taurus) Rosincvist
The Ascendant is kind of organic since it can be visualised as a wide fringed bell curve, but it doesn´t just spawn into four houses in Middle School!
The Ascendant in the twelfth house is one side of the Ascendant, the Ascendant in the first house is naturally more celebrated. The Ascendant in the 2nd house is another entity and does not entwine tentacles with the Natal Rising! :44:
June 22, 2021 at 02:32
(Virgo) astreo » Rosincvist
Your Uranus in conjunction with the Ascendant. :41:
June 26, 2021 at 11:48
(Leo) marilina
In my limited experience, I don´t think co-asc are *that* much of a thing...Like,
a friend who had Leo rising conjuct her Moon yet for a good while she thought she had Cancer rising bc of a birthtime error... The Cancer energies were already there anyways and her Aqua Sun was opposite her rising and conjuct Neptune, so you could "justify" some looks instability in other ways.

Another friend who has Aqua rising at 29° might look like someone with a rich inner world and lost in it, lazy or dreamy...but she also has a Sag stellium in her 10th, a Scorpio MC, Chiron in her 11th and both Neptune and Uranus in her 12th...So she´s a very relaxed and spiritual person, but it´s not because her co-asc is Pisces.

Then, in my case, I have most of my 1st house in Capricorn...and I don´t fit the look that much: I´m petite, overweight and tend to look messy, even if my face is always serious. I may be a little rough on myself but I also have Saturn opposite rising and Chiron in my 1st house. I don´t like many things about myself so I limit a lot.
June 26, 2021 at 15:32
(Virgo) astreo » marilina
Interesting!
So you feel more like a Sagittarius ascendant than a Capricorn?
June 26, 2021 at 15:47
(Leo) marilina » astreo
Yes, although it´s not that I feel like a complete match with the description of a Sag rising tbh. I´m just much more in the clouds than in the present. ☺☺
June 26, 2021 at 16:46
(Libra) Castlewallsxo
I can relate to Virgo a lot
June 26, 2021 at 17:04
(Pisces) fishscales » LotusStar
If you´re using Placidus or a Placidus type system, it´s the sign that´s next up after your ascending sign...

For instance, if you´re a Libra rising at 15 degrees and Libra ends somewhere on your first house, the next sign is Scorpio, which would technically occupy the latter part of your first house.

I don´t put much stock in the idea that that "second sign" influences your ascendant, but I haven´t really studied the matter either.
June 27, 2021 at 00:09
(Taurus) s81
IMHO there is no much mystery in this. The second (or third, or whatever) sign in a house means that that house will express with the resources/tools of that sign/s in some extent. But being the cusp in the first sign, it will express more like that. That´s why intercepted signs are often misunderstood as "with problems" to express, since they have no clear "way out" and takes an extra effort from our will.
June 27, 2021 at 01:01
(Scorpio) OS*
"Can the sign after your ascendant be considered as Co-Ascendant, if it is still in your 1st house?"

Not in my opinion and I have sun in first Scorpio but am Libra rising, I also have Pluto near the asc and see significant difference between myself and Scorpio risings.

"Does it influence in any way how you see life?"

You would think Im pretty dark but people tend to forget Scorpio is a relationship sign. I strongly identify with my rising sign and my sun sign.

There´s a polarity between 1st and 7th when it comes to others. Your real identity is in your sun sign: personality ego etc. often appearance. Yes the 1st house can be appearance too, often referred as your "costume" or "mask" on the world. The sign on the ASC cusp sets the rest of your houses. Since we are so unique and different it is hard to really identify something physical to astrology. Others see you as your 1st house, the sign that´s on the ascendent line, and if there´s planets in first will definitely add flavour, alter. . .Example, Libra risings will often be pushed in relationships, or using their diplomacy. We are often pushed to exert the qualities of our Ascendant sign, because it is how others see us.

Even if there is a sign on the cusp of the house, the planets will show what is happening, and the sign is how it is going to happen. . . I am still trying to understand interceptions in Placidus house system!!
June 27, 2021 at 03:28
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » s81
Yeah I don´t see the point of a sign being in a house if the house won´t be influenced by that sign whatsoever

Might as well use Whole Signs
June 27, 2021 at 14:44
(Taurus) s81 » Castlewallsxo
The second sign in a house can be more "easily" spotted by transits and progressions, when a planet changes of sign but still in the same house you can spot a different expression, it will use different resources to express itself.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »