Working Out / Fitness

June 19, 2021 at 18:59 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) rohini moon
Working Out / Fitness
Anyone else here work out?

Recently got back into it. And I´m on a workout rampage. And I still don´t think I´m pushing myself enough. 45 minutes daily but I think I can do more.. lots of cardio, and core muscle workouts. I will work my way up to 2 hours a day. I really just want to be in the peak of physical fitness and health, these days.

I actually enjoy the burn.. a lot, it´s how you know you´re on the right track. :15:

If anyone here is into fitness leave your comments..

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3 4
Sort posts:
June 19, 2021 at 19:23
(Aries) Wolfmoon
My Aries Sun and Leo Sun sees your bait... it looks delicious. Talking about my working out regime. I´ll bite :4:

Surprisingly sports weren´t big in ny life growing up. When I was 18 and had my freedom I joined the gym. Lifted solidly for 10 years.

KRS did a video on Aqua Rising and Leo moon and made comment about how they tend to go from scrawny to Adonis nearly over night. That happened to me. Went from 83kg (180 lb) to 117kg (258 lb) In roughly 6 months. I was young and ate alot of protein and carbs.

I surfed as a hobby as I lived on the beach.

I wanted to join the police so I had to change up my regime. Alot of running.

I trimmed down to 112kg (248lb) and was able to run 30 km (18 miles) before my legs would give out. Probably the peak of my fitness.

Now I don´t need to work out for work I am back at the gym after a 5 year break lifting and throwing in some running.

The gym is like temple for me and running like meditation. I can zone out and focus on my breathing. The benefits are I don´t make the same noises as my counterparts outside of fitness do.

Karate I do as I enjoy Martial Arts and it affects the muscles in a more practical and useful way. The stretching and bending of muscles otherwise locked in repetitive lifting patterns.

No point in being big if you can´t move.

Currently I have a hard time getting back over 100 kg (220 lb) which is where I feel most comfortable. But with age and Saturn on the Asc at the minute it´s making it difficult.

"I will work my way up to 2 hours a day"

2 hours a day? What are you training for?
June 19, 2021 at 19:29
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Good for you, Rohini Moon! I wish I had your enthusiasm for it.
June 19, 2021 at 19:31
(Aries) Wolfmoon » JayJayAstrology
You must walk a few dogs? Or do they walk you?
June 19, 2021 at 19:42
(Virgo) rohini moon » JayJayAstrology
Aw JJ, I´d entice you to go for a walk with me, if I knew you in real life! :4:

Thanks for the well wishes, I need all of it I can get... God bless you, JJ. :15:
June 19, 2021 at 19:43
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
I have switched to walking I try to walk between 15 and 20 km a day, which is about 10 miles on average. But now the hot season has started here. So I don´t know how long I will be able to continue.
June 19, 2021 at 19:43
(Virgo) rohini moon » Wolfmoon
Training for myself. Why not? There´s no limit to your strength and physical fitness.. I see no reason for limits in this.

Your health is your greatest wealth. :15:

And I have mars in the first, I enjoy seeing how far I can take my fitness.
June 19, 2021 at 19:55
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Wolfmoon
Yes, you got me, Wolfmoon. They mostly walk me. I am glad of it, and even enjoy it once out walking, but if they weren´t dogs who needed me to walk them, I wouldn´t go. Haha!
June 19, 2021 at 20:01
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » rohini moon
Oh, that was so sweet of you to say that. If we knew each other in person and lived close by, I´d take you up on it!

I´m actually one of those people who enjoys exercise, but I won´t go out and do it on my own. I had a walking partner when I lived in WA state - and we walked 5 miles every day. It was great. But, when she went to nursing school, she had no time and walking ended.

I usually blame it on Virgo Rising with Saturn in the first. It actually makes sense to me - as I´d rather sit at my computer and work than be physical. But, if I´m helping a dog have a walk - I´m all for it - as Virgo likes to help. At least that´s how I think of it. I also did a lot of walking when I was a teacher for the blind teaching cane travel - but again - I was working, teaching and helping someone.
June 19, 2021 at 20:10
(Virgo) rohini moon » (dragonfly)
Hey, walking is great excerise, dragonfly..that´s how you have to look at it :4:

For the hot weather issue, got a treadmill?
June 19, 2021 at 20:30
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » rohini moon
"Hey, walking is great excerise, dragonfly..that´s how you have to look at it :4:"

Oh you can laugh, but you would have to see me. I am a very dynamic walker haha I am not joking. Most people don´t like walking with me. Everyone complains that I´m always at least one step ahead of them. I often get asked if I could slow down a bit.

"For the hot weather issue, got a treadmill"

I don´t think it´s for me. Back in the days when I used to go to a fitness club, using a treadmill always ended in knee pain after a while. But maybe it was a question of ambitious settings :4:
June 19, 2021 at 20:39
(Virgo) rohini moon » (dragonfly)
"But maybe it was a question of ambitious settings :4:"

:61: I very much like your rationale on that! I too can be a slow walker when I am enjoying a walk out in nature. There used to be a beautiful nature park I lived near, I liked taking it all in. I can be a very fast person when I want to be, but the older I get the more I realize not everything has to be a race..
June 19, 2021 at 20:40
(Virgo) rohini moon » JayJayAstrology
All the dogs that have ever been in my family....walked US, not us walking them... :61:
June 19, 2021 at 20:41
(Pisces) fishscales
Could never stick with an exercise regimen for long. Too boring/repetitive. Though I still would have liked to stick with it.

Now that I live on a fairly decent sized piece of property, it´s yard work. Digging garden beds by hand, mowing hills with a push mower, etc. Wheelbarrow work, especially up and down hills, is also excellent. Plus, I work a fairly physical job, and go out of my way to make it as physical as possible.

Will have to do for now.

I´d love to add a martial art into the routine again, but there´s just no time right now.
June 19, 2021 at 21:49
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » rohini moon
"I too can be a slow walker when I am enjoying a walk out in nature."

Of course, but this is different. You don´t usually rush being in a natur park. Unless you have misjudged the time and there is a risk that you will not make it before dark.

We like hiking, but we don´t have mountains nearby. Unfortunately, every such trip requires taking a holiday.
June 20, 2021 at 02:38
(Virgo) LotusStar » fishscales
"Could never stick with an exercise regimen for long. Too boring/repetitive."

This is my biggest struggle with it!! I get bored when it´s repetitive... Maybe it means I´m not doing it hard enough lol. When I used to be signed up to my local gym (before covid) I would go 3x a week but oh man... Would I feel bored, even with headphone and music playing and all that. Even got tired of hearing my playlist.

Maybe I should have tried swimming instead.

Lately, I like going on walks and power walks and hikes better, multiple times a week. I live in a very hilly part of town and walking the steep uphills is no joke... I still get out of breath. It´s nice to be in nature, I´ll take any excuse to go out as long as the weather isn´t too bad. I have a step tracker app on my phone and I try to hit as close to 10k as I can or enough to get to get out of sedentary/low activity.

I have a couple exercises I do on my yoga mat, high intensity workout now and then... There´s certain YouTube channels like FitnessBlender that have some good exercises. But I haven´t gotten myself into a routine with it yet. I just know that I am extremely restless so I need to *move*.

Oh I also bought a skipping rope cos it´s supposed to burn a lot of calories quickly and good for the lymphatic system, but I´m not doing it enough. It was so easy to do when I was younger, what happened...

What kind of workouts are you doing, RohiniMoon? Like on a machine or certain workouts?
June 20, 2021 at 04:28
(Virgo) rohini moon » LotusStar
Hey, LS :4: I´m doing like you, at home workouts on my mat, I´ve never done the gym thing, I´m too much of an introverted goober for that...I´ve exercised at home my whole life... I have a treadmill, weights, stuff like that anyway...

Right now I´m doing 45 mins - which I´m going to increase this week, of intense core muscle group workout, lots of crunches, reverse crunches.. that´s my favorite workouts really, the ab workouts..but I incorporate every part of the body, because I want the balance of strength all over.

There are some exercises, that don´t look particularly hard, but once you do it, you´re sorely mistaken (no pun, lol) an example, an exercise called "the 100s" you basically have to keep your legs elevated, and arms side by side moving up and down. It takes a lot of stomach strength to do that for one minute, without dropping.

I feel you guys on the boring-ness of it, music helps a lot.. but I feel like I actually accomplished something afterwards, makes me feel better overall - physically and mentally. And it helps you sleep much better when you´re body had a good workout. :27:
June 20, 2021 at 05:37
(Virgo) LotusStar » rohini moon
"There are some exercises, that don´t look particularly hard, but once you do it, you´re sorely mistaken (no pun, lol) an example, an exercise called "the 100s" you basically have to keep your legs elevated, and arms side by side moving up and down. It takes a lot of stomach strength to do that for one minute, without dropping."

Oh yeah I know that one :61: it is brutal. Yes, some of them are soo much harder than they look. You really feel the sore after. I try to follow the videos but I´m always lagging behind. The benefits are worth it though for sure, natural endorphins.

I was never a gym person either but I moved somewhere where there was a gym literally 2 blocks from my place so I thought it would motivate me to stay more consistent if I felt like I was paying for it, to get my money´s worth (that and I didn´t actually have space for a treadmill in my place) and it did end up helping me to stay consistent, I was going pretty regularly! I´d try to find the machine that was in the furthest corner I could find, but it wasn´t as bad as I had thought it would be. It ended up being motivating being around people who were also pushing themselves, physically, in front of me too. I kind of miss it....but for now the outdoor walks will have to do. Don´t feel like walking around in a mask in a gym. :115:
June 20, 2021 at 10:38
(Pisces) fishscales » LotusStar
"Lately, I like going on walks and power walks and hikes better, multiple times a week"

Hikes are great, especially on hilly terrain. Last time my wife and I went to Greece, we walked everywhere, and alot in rural places...my legs got hard as rocks.

You are also training those fine muscle groups in your lower body by hiking...the ones responsible for balance, stability, etc. That´s something the gym can´t really duplicate. Same thing with yard work.

You look at a farmer, or someone who spends their life doing very physical work...they never set foot in a gym, but they look like they´re made of granite...and no doubt possess more real strength/stability than someone who works out in a gym...especially on machines.

Weight training offers some of that fine muscle training, but nothing compares to real life.
June 21, 2021 at 08:40
(Virgo) astreo
I have an obsession, because I can´t be constant in the gym, all this year I tried to go, I went a month, then I left it, 2 months passed, and I went again, and so on, but I´m trying to hold on to be constant, I can´t believe I can´t I continue with my idea that YES OR YES I have to create a habit. Running feels super good.
June 21, 2021 at 09:24
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
I used to work out religiously. 5 days a week. Would run 3 miles at a time. I think i finally had enough of it. Although i have some gym equipment in the garage, i cant find the enthusiasm for it anymore. I think i focus all my extra energy into work now.

I still ride a couple bicycles from time to time. I really dont know how i lifted for so long, it just seems monotonous to me now. But at one time, i made time for it. I do miss the endorphins
June 21, 2021 at 16:40
(Virgo) rohini moon » Sunnyshadow
3 mile runs :22:

All work and no play makes sunny a dull boy , though! :44: :25: :30:
June 22, 2021 at 02:30
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » rohini moon
I had a grandfather who was a "frogman"

Thats what they used to call Navy Seals. He ran every morning. I thought he was a cool guy, so I started running too. Havent done it in years now though. I finally switched to a bicycle and never looked back.

Yeah, work has been insane lately. Peak season for me. Still struggle to understand how i ended up.....

Ill just stop there.

Funny though, this morning an older man came into the shop, and out of the blue he said he gets up every morning and lifts weights. Its been a long time since someone´s just randomly mentioned that they lift weights. Thought that was kinda weird, eh?
June 22, 2021 at 02:50
(Aries) Wolfmoon » fishscales
"Weight training offers some of that fine muscle training, but nothing compares to real life."

You´re right. All my years in the gym make me look like I can lift a car but reality is, most lifters have faux muscle and are actually much weaker then they look.

There was a story when I was in the pigs about sheep shearers. You have to be careful when arresting them. They all look like small and scrawny but when youre wrestling 100+ sheep to the ground every day you become strong. I saw a small shearer throw 4 cops off him in a pub once.

Never trust the puffed up lifters for strength. Go find a wrestler.
June 22, 2021 at 02:50
(Virgo) rohini moon » Sunnyshadow
That *is* a strange coincidence.... can´t lie.. maybe some of us are psychically linked here on astroseek? Lol.

Ooh the frogmen...that reminds me, those were the guys who´d have to come and rescue the folks who stayed behind in hurricanes etc.. to boat them out of their flooding houses...

Embarrassing if you´re one of those people .. if they gave good enough fair warnings to get out /leave ...but ey it happens, right?
June 22, 2021 at 23:58
(Pisces) fishscales » Wolfmoon
"You´re right. All my years in the gym make me look like I can lift a car but reality is, most lifters have faux muscle and are actually much weaker then they look."

All water...

"They all look like small and scrawny but when youre wrestling 100+ sheep to the ground every day you become strong."

No doubt. You´re using everything: the large muscle groups, the fine muscle groups, cardio...

"Go find a wrestler."

Yup. Again, all muscle groups utilized, plus cardio.

So much of practical, usable strength involves balance...
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »