Can someone explain why I don´t fully relate to my moons in both sidereal and tropical?

June 16, 2021 at 03:01 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) hetykilk
Can someone explain why I don´t fully relate to my moons in both sidereal and tropical?
Hi,

So I´m a Virgo moon in tropical and Leo moon in sidereal. The thing is I don´t fully relate to either of the signs, but at the same time I do and they feel very contradictory almost? Let´s take Virgo first - I am very much not into routine, or super organized, or anything. I am however pretty analytical and can sometimes be a bit too critical, but not of others and only myself. Now, this would seem like it contradicts a moon in Leo. I am not like a stereotypical Leo, I´m actually pretty reserved and not super expressive? What´s weird is that I love being in the spotlight. I don´t even care how I get into it or if people like me or not, I love it when people talk about me. I don´t purposely try to be in it and I´ll usually try to stay out, but once I´m in it I freaking love it. As far as I know, Virgo moons are content with working behind the scenes, and I´m fine too, but I need to be recognized and need people to know I´m there. As for other Leo moon qualities I relate to we have fun, romantic, and sadly a bit arrogant and selfish.

I´ve noticed that my moon is heavily aspected - could that be why I struggle to relate to it? Or like relate to bits and pieces of a Virgo and Leo moon? Does the fact that I´m a heavy Scorpio (in sidereal) or heavy Sagittarius (in tropical) have anything to do with this? I relate more to my sidereal chart to be honest because of Scorpio, but I don´t know

https://ibb.co/pjkXNc9
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 16, 2021 at 09:01
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
It seems to me that you have described yourself quite well according to what can be seen in your chart. Your description fits the Moon in Virgo and the stellium in the first house.

According to Astroseek your Moon is located in Virgo in both Placidus and sidereal, only the degree of position changes.

You like to be the centre of attention because of your stellium in your first house. For the same reason you can also be arrogant and selfish ;-)
June 16, 2021 at 11:05
(Pisces) Cind
Hi, I have had a look at your chart and I use Placidus. You definitely have Virgo Moon at 24 Degrees which is Pisces Degree.

With the Moon traits it is different to the Sun. Sun is about our Ego, purpose, identity your drive in life that´s why Virgo Suns are practical, organised...

The Moon is your internal world and how you relate to your inner world. That´s why you can be so critical about yourself. The Virgo shows up within rather then external like the Sun would. It´s how you relate and show up for yourself and not the outside world.

The need to be noticed or getting attention is because your Moon is in your 10th House. It is the public image, how others perceive us in society, social media. Anyone with planets in their 10th will naturally get noticed. That´s why when you look at celebrities charts they always have 10th or 11th placements.

The ruler of your Moon is Mercury in your 1st House Sagittarius. 1st House is about self again, this is where you think and analyse yourself, how you come across, your body. It is also conjunct your Sun, again your ego in 1st House.
Your 1st House stellium in Sagittarius will want freedom, no restrictions, free movement, no routine.

I would suggest that you change the way you think about yourself, the way you speak to yourself. Would you speak to your best friend like that ? No, so you shouldn´t speak and criticise yourself so much. At the end of the day you will always be the person you spend the most time with so treat yourself with care and kind words. It is good to evaluate ourselves and think how can we show up better for us and others but not to the point where you hate who you are.

I hope this helps. :78: :1: :1:
June 16, 2021 at 13:48
(Sagittarius) MagentaP
Greetings,

I can´t explain it, but I feel the same way. I do not feel my Capricorn moon. I too am looking for reasons - it is OOB (out of bounds) - but it seems others with OOB moon still feel their moon. We were born a lifetime apart and you are still getting to know yourself, but anecdotally we were both born in the second week of December in NYC (maybe it is a moon dead zone month/week in NYC :3:). In my search to figure out why I do not feel a Capricorn moon (or Cap venus or MC) I tested different charts. In the Heliocentric Chart my moon is in Gemini. A Gemini moon is a much better descriptor for me. Can I ask, which moon sign do you feel best describes you? When I click your Heliocentric chart, your moon is also in Gemini. Let´s compare notes, do you feel a Gemini moon at all?
June 16, 2021 at 17:20
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
I´m a western astrologer, so I´m going to take that view. Regardless of what sign our planets are in, we will not relate to ALL of the descriptions of the sign. So, if you are analytical, then you are definitely relating to your Virgo Moon. In fact, congratulations, because this is a very positive Virgo quality. Virgo is also a perfectionist, loves to investigate, analyzes to understand deeply, and loves learning useful skills to others. It is a hard worker and wants to be of service. If you relate to some or all of this - then, you relate to your Moon. You will also probably be less emotive and more analytical about your own feelings as well as others. Virgo is quite a mental sign. You will take responsibility for others with Virgo, 10th house.

You may be less organized and detailed-oriented because your IC is Pisces - the opposite of Virgo. It has a lot more space around it - is more creative and less organized. You have that influence as well. Saturn in Gemini can be a bit scattered too - especially when it comes to relationships - Gemini can be all over the place in your mind. Aquarius, 3rd house planets can also make you less organized.

Your chart is about independence verses relationships - being independent within your relationships. You have concluded some things about yourself that aren´t necessarily true - perhaps you feel judged or you judge yourself as being "less than" or you doubt yourself or criticize yourself. Maybe you are a perfectionist and have very high standards for yourself and maybe for others. You need to rethink your ideas, attitudes and beliefs about who you are - especially in relationships - and try on some different hats - different roles - different personas.

Sometimes, we can be overly optimistic or under-optimistic about ourselves - and either way, it can cause problems. If you over-value yourself, you can fall from on high. If you under-value yourself, you can never crawl out of the hole. What you want is a real version of yourself - an authentic one - one that is realistic without being an under or over-valuation. You need a sober view of who you are and where you can go from this valuation. When you know where you are, you can make successful steps forward. Without a solid sense of where you are, it´s more difficult to move forward.

I´m not sure I´ve hit the nail on the head or not. Do you resonate with this?

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
June 16, 2021 at 19:57
(Sagittarius) hetykilk » (dragonfly)
Oh wow that makes a lot of sense. The first house stellium I feel does make me kind of an attention seeker. By the way, you said that my moon is in Virgo in both tropical and sidereal, but I’ve noticed that when I use different settings for sidereal (I’m not really sure what to call them) like checking topocentric positions or using a different Ayanamsha I get a Virgo moon instead a of Leo. The default sidereal setting which I assume is Fagan/Bradley does give me a Leo moon. Is there a specific setting I should use?
June 16, 2021 at 20:07
(Virgo) rohini moon
I use the sidereal Vedic system. Your Moon is strong. 0 degrees in Virgo, but it becomes stronger the older you get. At 30 it reaches its capability. It is in Uttara Phalguni nakshatra pada 2.

This is how Vedic describes your Moon:
"The female native of the Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra has been observed to be very cool and calm, even in extremely challenging circumstances. They are very simplistic and happy-go-lucky of nature. Such natives have no enmities towards anyone. And if some become their enemy, they carry a big heart to forgive and forget that.

Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra Female: Profession and Related Areas
The female native of the Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra has a great talent for number crunching and maths in general. They will prove to be an extremely efficient maths teacher, but will also be well-equipped for an administrative job. There is a possibility that some of these native females may earn good money through modelling or acting.

Uttaraphalguni Nakshatra Female: Compatibility and Family Life
The female native of the Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra derives great happiness from their spouse and children. She manages the household work with great efficiency. Her husband will be fairly rich. If she does not avoid showing off, others are likely to become jealous and may do something to harm her.

Uttaraphalguni Nakshatra Female: Health and Well-Being
The health of the female native by large will be good. Except, she occasionally suffers from mild asthma, menstrual problems, and migraine."

Pada 2 of this nakshatra lands in the Capricorn which means it is saturn dominated. You´re practical, and very disciplined.
June 16, 2021 at 20:07
(Sagittarius) hetykilk » JayJayAstrology
I definitely agree with your point that I’m relating to my Virgo moon in some ways. I am a bit less emotive, as in I won’t actually show my emotions to other people, but I am really really sensitive and super sentimental when I’m by myself. I don’t know how common that is for Virgo moons or other Earth moons. I do tend to analyze my own feelings a lot, but with others I try to be more understanding and provide emotional support rather than just dealing with the problem right away. Maybe it’s because with myself I know that wallowing in self pity won’t help me and I’d rather just help myself, but I know I’m not other people and I can’t impose my thinking on others.

I’ve always felt that I definitely need close relationships like everyone does, but I want to feel independent in them and not like I’m part of a whole I guess? I want to be my own person while simultaneously feeling connected to other people.
June 16, 2021 at 20:14
(Sagittarius) hetykilk » MagentaP
So I’ve looked at some traits of a Gemini moon and I do relate to a lot of them, but I don’t know if it’s because of my other Gemini placements I can’t really tell. I love talking with people and communicating my feelings and I am considered pretty funny by people who know me lol. However my whole chart being pretty Gemini heavy ehhhh :4: My dad is a heavy Gemini though :)
June 16, 2021 at 20:18
(Virgo) rohini moon » hetykilk
Just curious but do you feel more "at rest" when you´re on the move? As funny as that may sound... meaning you feel more at ease when you´re in a vehicle, going somewhere, or driving yourself - or maybe you are a runner/into sports... either way, Rest at home isn´t easily attainable. Only when you are on the go? Just curious about something, ;)
June 16, 2021 at 20:23
(Sagittarius) hetykilk » Cind
Hi, what exactly would a Pisces degree mean here? I’ve heard that term, but I’ve never really understood what it means. Does it mean that my Virgo moon has more Piscean qualities? I am very emotional and I feel things very deeply, but I tend to hide it because I hate when people see me as vulnerable. I’ll only open to people I really trust. If I’m using my sidereal chart I feel like that would make a lot of sense because I have a lot of Scorpio there and it seems like they tend to bottle up their feelings a lot and seem unemotional on the outside, but it doesn’t necessarily mean they are the same inside such as Aquarius for example. What do you think?
June 16, 2021 at 21:01
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » hetykilk
It´s part Virgo and part 10th house - Capricorn´s house that makes a person less emotive - it´s earth and yin. Doesn´t mean one doesn´t have feelings - just not really into sharing in an emotive way. Virgo will analyze to death. I have a Virgo rising, so I relate. Virgo is or tries to be understanding, for sure.
June 17, 2021 at 08:20
(Pisces) Cind » hetykilk
It would give your Moon more Piscean qualities.

I know what you mean about your sidereal chart as you do have Scorpio rising and stellium. In sidereal I have Scorpio Moon but in my Tropical I have Moon conjunct Pluto so it is hard to tell.

Personally I would look at progressions to see which one you relate to more.
I am unsure how to do that in Sidereal as I don´t really use it, I have been looking into it more but not sure about progressed charts.

In tropical your Moon has progressed into Gemini in your 6th House around 5 months ago. So I would say going from calm, steady Taurus to Gemini is a very drastic change. If you went from a balanced, secure routine, work space to a chaotic time with your schedule then I would say this may fit well. This could also relate to making a lot of changes to your diet or your emotional world can feel like 100 miles an hour.

You should definitely look at your sidereal progression and compare the two see how that goes for you.

I think a lot of people like to look into a natal chart too much but we grow as people so I always seem to relate to my progressed chart more. When my progressed Moon went into Scorpio I literally started having dreams about being under water and that´s what it feels like. I can´t wait for it to go into Sag in 8 months :61:
June 17, 2021 at 10:57
(Taurus) Rosincvist
In your heliocentric chart Great Lord ` :157: ´ does not move much, but the :152: moves into it´s proximity in Gemini, Saturn likes :152: for a personal doormat!
Not always an equitable pairing!
June 17, 2021 at 12:01
(Libra) Castlewallsxo
Sagittarius stellium in first house? You must be lucky...

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »