Thoughts on the similarities between "opposite" signs?

June 4, 2021 at 05:57 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Castlewallsxo
Thoughts on the similarities between "opposite" signs?
For example, Aries/Libra and Taurus/Scorpio.

I´m a Libra Sun, Taurus Moon & my best friend is an Aries Sun, Scorpio Moon. So, "opposites" for both sun and moon. We are so similar that people online have sometimes asked him if he was me.

We have joked that we are indeed the same person, but he´s a more extreme version of me, in a dark way. For example, we both love revenge movies (that´s how we met and bonded) but his taste includes movies that are too extreme/gorey for me to tolerate. He can also defend himself better than I can (although I´m good at defending others, I can start to cry when I´m personally targeted so that kinda throws a wrench in my self-defense).

I find it funny we are so similar, because Mars and Pluto are the rulers of war and death, whereas Venus is the ruler of peace and love (but don´t forget justice; there´s a reason Saturn is exalted in Libra).

What are your thoughts on "opposite" signs and their similarities?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
June 4, 2021 at 07:20
(Aries) ram_goat
It´s cool if you can manage it, you can learn a lot. It´s beyond most people´s ability, I think. You have to be patient and tolerant to a degree that is not usual in normal life. But it´s a rare treasure when it happens. Opposite signs are really complimentary to each other in very deep ways. Usually so deep that irritation results from the places they accidentally "poke" you and you poke them. But still, make it work and you can learn a lot.

In my life I notice Taurus and Scorpio often end up together, and it mostly goes very badly, but when it goes well, it goes very well. Taurus is more sensitive a sign than most realize. Scorpio, insecure. If the two can meet there, they do great things. If they get this wrong, it´s the worst relationship you ever saw..

Pisces and Virgo is also a deeply complimentary match, that seldom works out well, but when it does, it´s one of the best. Virgo helps pisces with structure in daily life, pisces helps virgo with their deep seated emotional problems.

rare matches in my observation: Sag & Gemini.. Cancer & Cappie.
June 4, 2021 at 07:30
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Edgar Cayce had nine out of ten planets in the negative signs, important midpoints in the negative mutable signs :176:/ :182:. The best argument for David Wilcock being his reincarnation is that duplicating a part of the configuration is one hell of a lot easier than duplicating the whole damn thing :22: The midpoints are axial and therefore mirroring each other in opposite signs!
Oppositions aren´t as painful as squares.
June 4, 2021 at 08:12
(Virgo) LotusStar
I felt the most emotional compatibility with my ex who had a Sagittarius Moon in his 8th house exactly opposite to my Gemini Moon in my 8th house... It was such a mirror. The only man who could understand my at times gloomy moods and comfort me through them. We also had opposite ascendants and his 12 house Mercury in Aries opposite my 12 house Mercury in Libra.

Very different even when I had Moon conjunct Moon with someone by 1 degree, but in their natal chart their Moon in the 9th house... This is why compatibility always starts with someone´s own birth chart first. An 8th house Moon is night and day to a 9th house Moon in a lot of ways, even if in the same sign. I also think houses go a long way.
June 4, 2021 at 08:50
(Pisces) Cind
I think from personal experience opposite signs have similarities but you can definitely tell the difference.

My ex was an Aries with Taurus Moon. My best friend is and Aries and he has Scorpio Moon.

I have Sag Moon but it´s conjunct Pluto so a lot people think I have Scorpio Moon because of my intensity.

My best friend has a deeper understanding of my feelings and is very open emotionally, my ex with Taurus moon never seemed to understand how I felt or why, he had a lot of emotional walls up.

I do love Taurus Moons because they are so stable with their emotions and I love Scorpio Moons because of how they can make you feel so understood.

I think the main similarity is the fixed emotions which I love.

Like my emotions are chaotic, I feel 100 emotions in 5 minutes :61:
June 4, 2021 at 08:57
(Aries) ram_goat
whereas Venus is the ruler of peace and love (but don´t forget justice; there´s a reason Saturn is exalted in Libra).

Only to the Greeks and Romans..

Inanna is an ancient Mesopotamian goddess associated with love, beauty, sex, war, justice and political power. She was originally worshiped in Aratta and Sumer under the name "Inanna", and was later worshipped by the Akkadians, Babylonians, and Assyrians under the name Ishtar. She was known as the "Queen of Heaven" and was the patron goddess of the Eanna temple at the city of Uruk, which was her main cult center. She was associated with the planet Venus and her most prominent symbols included the lion and the eight-pointed star. Her husband was the god Dumuzid (later known as Tammuz) and her sukkal, or personal attendant, was the goddess Ninshubur (who later became the male deity Papsukkal).
June 4, 2021 at 09:21
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » ram_goat
Are you saying that Venus can also be associated with war and power? That´s pretty cool 😎
June 4, 2021 at 09:25
(Aries) ram_goat » Castlewallsxo
haha ever seen an angry libra?

#1 sign for having a "superhero" complex about justice

just watch libra sun Will Smith get jiggy with some reporter here:

https://youtu.be/8cBRfjcY9SQ?t=6
YouTube
YouTube
June 4, 2021 at 09:31
war and power?

and social status..
June 4, 2021 at 09:32
Judge Judy has a Libra stellium. I really don´t like her tbh. I think it´s unfair she gets paid millions of dollars to spend a few hours humiliating people every month.
June 4, 2021 at 16:08
(Leo) Anni23
Cardinal-fixed and cardinal-fixed is the first thing that I am noticing..
I have also noticed similarities between Taurus and Scorpio though. Another thing is that both Scorpio and libra are quite sensitive, though Scorpio will tend to hide it :4: though... also having said that with a Scorpio moon I don´t know if they can :4:

Also another thing I´ve noticed is that Scorpio and Leo´s can be quite similar. Of course they are also both fixed signs.

What´s your friends ascendant?
Also is he a "libra-scorpio"?..
June 4, 2021 at 16:24
(Virgo) astreo » ram_goat
Interesting. Every time I meet a Pisces solar, I feel that kind of ´´ attraction ´´, it is as if we understand each other at a certain point, but when we get closer the difficulties begin, since there are several things that we usually do not understand as such, but If it feels as if an energy is "attracting" us, but as you say, we have to overcome the differences.
June 4, 2021 at 16:46
subthread: unlikeable libras..

but which list would be longer? unlikeable Libras or unlikeable Aries?
June 4, 2021 at 17:17
Vanity and narcissism are bad libra traits at the extreme end
of the spectrum. I do get a bit of that coming off Judy.

But that´s all in front of the camera, she may be very different
in private.

One funny libra trait I notice, usually an endearing one: they love
to play match-maker. Actually they love anything related to love and relationships. Incurable romantics.
June 4, 2021 at 17:37
(Virgo) rohini moon
I have Moon/Rahu in Taurus, and my ascendant, Mars/ketu in Scorpio. welcome to my anomaly.

..with a Saturn in Libra
June 4, 2021 at 17:39
(Aries) ram_goat » ram_goat
yep, I´m moon opp ASC too..
June 4, 2021 at 20:08
(Virgo) rohini moon » ram_goat
We´re a strange breed ..sometimes

Wolfmoon has it too.. a lot of us who chose "Moon" in our username, it looks like..haha

Edit: nah, LM doesn´t have it ..my mistake
June 4, 2021 at 20:16
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » Anni23
He doesn´t have any Libra. My friend´s ascendant is Scorpio and mine is Leo :P So we both have cardinal suns and fixed moons and risings.
June 4, 2021 at 20:20
Yeah, it´s surprising that Judge Judy actually seems sweet and likeable in interviews. But she said on her show that her biggest joy in life is humiliating people in front of millions, which is psychopathic if it´s true. (I can understand the appeal of publicly humiliating people if they deserve it - e.g. they´re rapists or murderers or something - but the people on her show almost never deserve to be humiliated.)
June 4, 2021 at 20:25
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » astreo
My friend and I have very few difficulties. The few times we´ve argued, it´s usually because one of us misunderstood the other. He and I are both pretty stubborn but luckily we agree on almost everything so it doesn´t cause tension between us. (My Aries mom is another story.)
June 4, 2021 at 21:23
(Leo) Zephyrin
Hmm, there is a huge mountain between them but somehow they are similar. I hope I don´t find an Aquarius lover...

Leo and Aquarius... :28:

-They both hate to admit everything, everything that makes them feel vulnerable.

-Both love themselves lol

-They are selfish and fearful when it comes to love, intimacy etc.
June 5, 2021 at 00:37
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » Zephyrin
Leos and Aquariuses also both want to stand out.
June 5, 2021 at 11:15
(Pisces) fishscales
All signs have a kernel of their opposing sign within them, like the yin-yang symbol.

Similarities exist between them because they are both expressing the same principle, albeit from different ends of the spectrum.

Ideally, we should strive to integrate that "kernel" of the opposing sign within ourselves to be able to express (and learn the lessons of) the astrological axis in question.

The clue to do this exists in the first opposing sign, Libra, which is all about balance, equilibrium.
June 6, 2021 at 01:03
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » fishscales
I don´t feel like "a kernel" adequately describes how much me and my friend have in common though

This is his chart btw
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 6, 2021 at 02:14
(Aries) Wolfmoon » rohini moon
7th house moons... what a blast... :2:
June 6, 2021 at 03:02
(Capricorn) Jaided » Cind
The way you described a Taurus moon and Scorpio moon is why I love being a Taurus moon in 8th house. I feel like I am all these things, lol.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »