MERCURY / MOON

May 31, 2021 at 18:51 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) astreo
MERCURY / MOON
If mercury is how we process information and the moon is the mind
Do both influence our learning process?

I was wondering if there is a different method of study and learning for each sign that mercury and the moon are in.

For example, I hate making notes, I prefer to read straight from the book and be playing with the information in my mind, I associate it with my moon in Gemini.

But I see that some friends who have the moon in earth signs find it useful and they say they learn a lot that way, personally this does not help me learn anything, I feel like it´s a waste of time to take notes.

Also a friend who has the moon in Sagittarius likes to walk and go around his house while he reads, he says it is quite useful.

Could you associate and match your mercury / moon sign with the way you learn?

What is your most useful study method?

Does the moon influence this, or is it just mercury?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
May 31, 2021 at 19:04
(Virgo) astreo
:63: :63: :63: :63: :63: :63: :63: :63: :63:
May 31, 2021 at 21:00
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
"What is your most useful study method?"

I take notes and I tend to underline the most important points in books and make notes in the margins but I have no idea how this relates to the position of my Moon. Generally I always learned fastest by explaining the material to others. Perhaps it has something to do with my Cancer Mercury in the 10th house.

Before my matriculation exam I had some difficulties to force myself to study. Time passed and I did literally nothing. I knew that if I, by some miracle, didn´t motivate myself, I wouldn´t be able to take the exam. The way I handled the situation was that I chose two of my classmates and offered to prepare them for their final exams. Of course, in order to teach them anything, I first had to go through the whole material myself. Then I had to think about how to pass this knowledge on to them. And the next step was to see if it worked. My sense of duty would not allow me to fail, so I was prepared for every meeting. In the end I passed the exam with an excellent result, and my friends did well.

Sometimes I think they would have passed the exam without me, but I don´t know if I could have done it without them.
May 31, 2021 at 21:52
(Libra) zarko22 » astreo
According to the position in your chart, you think in a rigid, inflexible way. Although Mercury in VIRGO fixes the situation.The cadent houses for both planets certainly diminish their power.Then,the Moon is in Mars term,and it is malefic out of sect.Another negative fact is occidental position for Moon.Slowness of learning.Good news are that your Moon is in halb,which is one of secondary dignities in traditional astrology.In my oppinion,you are definitely not rational type of person.Must be carefull with your agressive part of you.
May 31, 2021 at 23:47
(Taurus) Rosincvist
We had an :181: stellium here for a while who "awed" us with her academic achievements.....................I wondered about her tight-orbed :159: :194: :153:; She was reminded about Astrology having more math than other forms of divination and ditched with :85: emoji as her last message!
:179: is the gambler and gamblers have 30 extra I.Q. points by not overzealously making pre-frontal connections!
There might in fact be syndromes of thinking that are represented by planets in Astrology like ` :164:´ and the pine-cone gland at the brain´s posterior ventricle!
June 1, 2021 at 06:41
(Virgo) astreo » zarko22
Why do you say the slow learning thing?
Is there a book that talks more about this topic? :32:
I think my biggest problem while studying is my dispersion by Gemini, so I have to be motivated and interested by what I read, or I get distracted.
June 1, 2021 at 06:42
(Virgo) astreo » (dragonfly)
Interesting, thanks! :4:
June 1, 2021 at 06:43
(Virgo) astreo » Rosincvist
Is there a book that relates the parts of the brain to astrology? :24:
June 1, 2021 at 09:05
(Leo) Anni23 » zarko22
This is a very interesting analysis. Could you also make some comment on my mercury-moon? (sextile- cancer-virgo 10th and 12th house respectively)
June 1, 2021 at 09:45
(Leo) Anni23
Hmm. I´m just thinking about different aspects of this now. Yes I suppose I am usually either very calm or restless so I want to be doing things/thinking about things (I think this is meant to typify the experience of Virgos?..)(my moon) but also with my sun in leo and asc I think that contributes to a relaxed attitude, but also if I do nothing "then" I become more restless (virgo moon) and moody -mercury in cancer.
Because both cancer and Virgo are introverted signs I need a lot of time by myself to learn things by myself through contemplation and reflection.

So I guess I´m saying that I´m slow but busy?...

But I prefer to remain calm at most times and keep this anxiety at bay and usually have a stable mood.
June 1, 2021 at 10:40
(Taurus) Rosincvist » astreo
Old books with crumbling acidic paper are often well-thought-out!
Someone here has an interesting YOUTUBE tutorial on quarters of the brain that relate to the four elements!
The Air element is the most human, the water element the most fascinating, the fire element closest to God.....................Earth element.................... should be put out to work at eight-years old!
Irony as Latin has been taught less, Latin terms appear more densely in Neurology texts than before!
Oken book I have mentions thalamus relating to :159:, I believe that the fact appears online as well!
Obviously if :152: & :153: relate to aspects of memory, a gifted neurologist could quickly associate them with specific brain organs!
:156: is always connected by mid-point & aspect to pure brilliance!
You would think with a :176: stellium with well-placed natal :153: that a school system that leans maniacally towards punctuality would have made it easy for me to progress grade by grade, but tardiness meant one class for eleventh graders had to be taken all-over again in the twelfth grade just to matriculate to Community College!
The scroll bar has just appeared at the right which suggests I have been here for a while so :29:
June 1, 2021 at 12:40
(Virgo) astreo » Rosincvist
interesting :78:
June 1, 2021 at 12:41
(Virgo) astreo » Anni23
I have a friend who has mercury in cancer in conjunction with her moon, and she has a super memory.
June 1, 2021 at 15:08
(Taurus) theycallmetym
I have moon in virgo and mercury in aries.I prefer study things old style by books.I mean certain major books related to specific field.I see nowadays people dont care much about details and want to grasp information fastly as possible and become quickly ´master´
All those 10 minute informational videos on youtube are attractive and visual sure but they dont tell much about what is going on backround and deep below surface..details are everything..
I have more theory based approach and like to play with ideas inside my head.
You dont need to have lab or instruments to run a thought experiment in your mind :)
So short answer is reading reading and reading again..
June 2, 2021 at 08:07
(Pisces) ꓄꒐ꋊꋊ꒐ꏂ
Mercury in Pisces - Moon in Scorpio.

Since I´m easily distracted by my surroundings specifically random noises, it´s important for me to have my own space if I want to fully grasp the information that I must know. Writing notes helps my memory too and I´m also a visual person. I much prefer the methods of reading what I´m trying to learn than listening to someone else explain it to me. My mind tends to drift away whenever somebody tried lols that´s also the reason why studying in a group setting doesn´t work for me.

For extreme focus: Headphones on. I´m in the zone.
June 2, 2021 at 15:01
(Leo) Anni23 » astreo
For absolutely everything? Including facts and studying for tests etc. Or just remembering thing´s that others don´t bother to remember some of which may have some relevance to heavy relavance later?
I´m very good at remembering faces, it doesn´t matter if it was a brief encounter and the second ten years later. Also I can grasp what was the most important elements within a larger situation and recall that.
June 7, 2021 at 18:46
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Astro-Seek User, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hi,

I guess they both influence our learning process in different layers.

Mercury is the intellect, intelligence and communicative abilities.

Moon is mind, emotions and mother. So its more related to emotional memory.

Dont forget Jupiter is Knowledge, high learning, spiritual learning as well.

Besides you need to check the lord of your 3rd house, 6th house and 9th house as well and also check what aspects has all those planets involved.

Ahhh also if you are interested in how does your mercury works you can check in what stage is your mercury. If is promethean or ephimethean. Check this link: http://www.khaldea.com/planets/…

In my case I have stationary retrograde mercury in rohini nakshatra (i use vedic astrology) and is conjunct jupiter. I love to learn by reading, very disperse way (sometimes with 20 or more tabs) but also hiperfocalized (i dont hear or see or realize the external world when im focused). My moon is in cancer in ashlesha nakshatra. My memory is awful... I barely remember my childhood or familiar events. At least is something im interested then i remember every piece of useless info ive gathered lol.
June 7, 2021 at 19:43
(Sagittarius) natalizzye
I am best at learning through educational games, in a group or taking notes by yourself :37:
June 8, 2021 at 01:46
(Virgo) astreo
THANK YOU :)
June 8, 2021 at 06:30
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user erikamaria, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
My mercury is in :175: and my moon is in :182:. By every single one of my teachers growing up I was told I needed to pay attention more and I could not follow instructions. I often wonder why I struggled at school (especially math)... was it because school just wasn´t my strong suit and I had focus issues or is it because I had such low self esteem and had actually convinced myself I was stupid and turning it into my reality? I´ve often wondered if I´m an undiagnosed ADD because I show all the signs and symptoms... but could it be I just tricked myself into thinking I was always lagging behind others? I honestly have no way of knowing if or how my birth chart influences this because I´m just a newbie.
For me, note taking is very important and if I´m feeling extra motivated, I´ll turn my notes into flash cards and quiz myself. Just the act of writing things down will do more for you than if you type up online notes.
June 8, 2021 at 12:59
(Virgo) astreo » erikamaria
Do you think Neptune´s opposition to all your planets is the cause?
June 8, 2021 at 13:02
(Virgo) astreo » Astro-Seek User
Is it better to have mercury conjunct or trine with jupiter?
Let´s say Mercury and Jupiter are in Aries.

Would that somehow increase the speed of thinking, more than what is already in Aries?
June 8, 2021 at 13:03
(Virgo) astreo » Anni23
Well, it really is lazy to study haha.
She studies 2 or 3 hours before the exam, and only then does she do well, under pressure, although she remembers more faces and conversations.
June 8, 2021 at 13:06
(Virgo) astreo » ꓄꒐ꋊꋊ꒐ꏂ
Yes, I think that we have that more mutable signs, since we tend to disperse haha, but I imagine that if you learn to use Pisces and use their imagination to their advantage, you can do great things.
So I think, I had a classmate in high school who had Mercury in Pisces, according to what they say, ACCORDING to, who is down, and won the first place in the average of the entire school, I suppose she knew how to take advantage of her imagination and use it to her advantage.
June 8, 2021 at 13:11
(Virgo) astreo » ꓄꒐ꋊꋊ꒐ꏂ
Yes, I think that having mutable signs makes us have a less stable type of thinking, but I imagine that if you learn to use Pisces and your imagination to your advantage, you can do great things.
June 8, 2021 at 13:16
(Virgo) astreo » theycallmetym
I have a colleague who likes to study, thinking that she is going to compete, she likes to ask before the exam and do a kind of "competition", she has Mercury in Aries.
Do you identify with this in any way?

In addition, when they ask questions, she is the first to answer, I think about it more because of a doubt to be wrong, although I have already studied the subject, but she simply speaks HAHA
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »