Is it possible to bring together religion and astrology?

May 31, 2021 at 12:46 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) Ppaauullii
Is it possible to bring together religion and astrology?
Don´t you scared about being interested with astrology according to religion?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 31, 2021 at 17:46
(Libra) zarko22
"I believe God rules all by his divine providence and that the stars by his permission are instruments."

William Lilly
May 31, 2021 at 17:51
(Aries) ram_goat
what would be the point?

The two things seem to have found a natural state of equilibrium, over the centuries.

What would be the point of trying to find some other, new, equilibrium point?
May 31, 2021 at 18:51
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
People of various religions do put their own interpretations in astrology readings - use words that relate it to their religion. Christians practice astrology. Hindus practice astrology. Vedic astrology is highly religous and a part of the Hindu culture. There is Tibetan astrology. It is already being done. Astrology is a spiritual-esoteric practice that anyone can use and relate to their beliefs.

Of course, there are religious people who also think astrology is pagan - but these are just certain groups.
May 31, 2021 at 19:54
(Taurus) Rosincvist
J. Vernon McGee has a strong configuration to the Faith degrees of the positive fixed signs.
Neptune as a God was quite masculine in Graeco-Roman times, however the planet :159: is more feminine than planet :154:
Gauquelin worked as an Empirical Logical Positivist and Astrology believers growled and snarled that he just did not trust in "belief"!!
There are those who piss and moan about Astrology´s relationship to Science, with little regard to any need for belief!
May 31, 2021 at 20:20
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
Yes, Vatican admits they´ve studied Astronomy for over 400 years. Where do you think they got the names Cardinal and Bishop. It´s in stain glassed windows, and I picked out right away in the old prayer books and stuff because I used to read them all and they have there own calendar.

And then you look at my Ancestors Homeland in Holy Emperor King Karl IV. used an Astrologer for the Charles Bridge. Over 700 years ago, so I guess the Vatican forgot that 300 year prior. :61: :61:

Monks used to study the stars/astrology as Saint Agustine is mentioned.

Lilly was known as a Christian Astrologer.

There´s different religions and nomadic spiritual tribes that have studied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
May 31, 2021 at 20:37
(Libra) zarko22 » goldenlion32
Russian priests from Kiev in the 16th or 17th century also left documents that clearly say that they knew how to analyze the chart of spring, ie the chart of the Year (ingress of the Sun in the sign of Aries). In that year there was a comet, so they dealt with it.
That was the time when original astrology was respected.
May 31, 2021 at 21:14
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
I´m not scared. Are you?

I would recommend that you use the Placidus system. Placidus was a Benedictine monk, perhaps using the system he created will somehow ease your conscience. After all, he was a church man ;-)))
May 31, 2021 at 21:19
(Scorpio) OS*
Most of family is religious, they believe astrology is immoral, sinful.

No, I don’t believe it is possible to bring both together

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »