What do you think are the differences between an Aries Sun, Aries Moon and Aries Ascendant?

May 28, 2021 at 10:08 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) SagMeister
What do you think are the differences between an Aries Sun, Aries Moon and Aries Ascendant?
Hi all :1: I would like to know what are the different characteristics between an aries sun, aries moon and aries ascendant.

How could I tell that a person has moon in aries and not the sun for example?

Also do they have any characteristics in common?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 28, 2021 at 10:22
(Taurus) Rosincvist
There is the notion that because something is only rarely faster than the :152: that the :152: is really more powerful than the :151:.
The Aries Ascendant has a Capricorn or Sagittarius mid-heaven in the northern hemisphere and a Capricorn or Aquarius mid-heaven in the southern hemisphere; A driving ambition very likely!
The :171: :151: is exalted, probably the best to have!
May 28, 2021 at 10:28
(Gemini) SagMeister » Rosincvist
Thank you! :1:
May 28, 2021 at 13:22
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
There are way too many other factors that need to be considered - so it isn´t a simple answer. For instance, are the Aries Sun and Moon in an inward house? What planets or points aspect them? Are there planets conjunct the ASC that could temper or alter the Aries feel? Where is Mars in sign and house? It will also influence the Sun and Moon and how they express as well as the ASC. What degree is the ASC Aries in?

That said, Aries rising will be physically active unless there is some other influence that says otherwise. The house rules the body. An Aries Sun on the ASC will be super-active. Otherwise, where the Sun and Moon are - in house - will greatly influence how active an Aries will be. I´ve a Sun, Mars and Mercury in Aries and I´m not at all active in the 8th. Aries Sun or Moon will be far more assertive and outspoken in an outward-yang house.

Aries Sun or Moon in an inward house can seem un-Aries-like in their expression, as they will be more inward-oriented. They will still be an Aries, enthusiastic, bubbly, passionate, impulsive - but in a more inward way - more reflective and passionate about inward things in relationship to the house.

Aries Moon can be more irritated and reactive than the Sun - but Aries in general will have quick and strong reactions to stimuli - but are over it just as quickly. It´s be hard to tell. Aries Moon people will seem emotionally fiery - passionate - driven. Aries Sun is passionate too, but will be more idea-oriented - more in the head. Moon will be more heart-oriented.

Generally, I think its hard to distinguish the fine nuances between any Sun, Moon or ASC sign - especially because so many other influences can alter the pure sign.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
May 28, 2021 at 15:55
(Gemini) SagMeister » JayJayAstrology
Thank you Jay Jay! You are always very clear and comprehensive :1:
May 28, 2021 at 17:18
(Taurus) nutelina » JayJayAstrology
I think Aries Sun is more into honesty whereas Aries rising is truly a warrior, it´s his identity. Aries moon are funny, their emotions are very rapid.

My theory is that Sun is more distanced from say rising or moon. Of course Sun is exalted in Aries so you have that effect too.

For the moon, it is home in Cancer but I think that is a difficult placement, Moon Aries is also not such an easy placement but they are emotional fighters for sure!
May 28, 2021 at 19:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Aries Moon Here.

Emotions cannot wait.
Aries Moon is sensitive, not like a flower, but like a :11:
May 28, 2021 at 21:55
(Sagittarius) Ioaanaa08
I´m an Aries rising and I´m not physically active i prefer staying home even in my free time. My sun is in Sagittarius 9th house and i can say that I´m active when I´m learning something new .
May 29, 2021 at 21:06
(Aries) Sae
I will share my observations, but - as Jay Jay mentioned - it all depends on the entire chart.

A common characteristics - a warrior.

The Ascendant in Aries is the stance and appearance of a warrior, they seem fearless even if they speak little. I have often seen visible scars on the faces of Ascendental Aries. They walk resiliently or like a soldier, flaming and piercing gaze (different from the ascendant in Scorpio, but giving equally strong sensations).

The Sun in Aries - at first it is hard to notice, but after a while, specific features emerge: pushing/motivating others to act, self-confidence in expressing opinions, very high stubbornness, very often painfully honest (lack of tact). You want Solar Aries to do something? Challenge him. If you force him... he will never do it (or he will do it in time and on his own plan, using a completely different method, preferably around).

Moon in Aries - burning emotions. Invisible for others for most of the time (on the basis of "the soldier doesn´t cry"), but still very strong below the surface. When there are special circumstances they explode very quickly. It´s like the first wave of a nuclear bomb - nobody expects it, but everyone feels it. If something is flowing from the heart, it cannot be stopped, you should wait until it burns out.
May 31, 2021 at 09:50
(Gemini) SagMeister » Sae
June 7, 2021 at 07:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Astro-Seek User, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hi,

I agree with some of the things said before, but i would like to add some info that may help to discerning the differences:

In Vedic Astrology at least is the following key words:

1) Sun: Soul, career, father, government, authorities.

2)Moon: Mind, emotions and mother.

3)Ascendant: Body & Personality.

Source: farfaraway.co

So, to being able of answer your question, first we need to understand the meaning of those key words.

1)What is the Soul? In my experience, I believe the Soul is the essence or energy that connects our spirit purpose and our desires in the earthly existence. The soul is our truest purpose and why we decided to incarnate in the flesh anf fullfil our desires. Also in vedic there is a concept called Atmakaraka wich means the significator of the soul and the natural AK is the sun. So is related more whith what we want to achieve.

2)What is the mind and the emotions? I believe the mind related with the moon is the memory and the emotions (on the other hand mercury is related with the intelect and our way of comunicate our ideas, wich in western world is a part of the mind too). The moon, in my experience is the memory of our 1st significant bond wich usually is the biological mother, and how this bond was. So because of this, the moon sets our unconscious needs of other significant relationships the way we knew it was. (Remember we were babies we knew nothing before our 1st bond. So the 1st bond sets a pattern in our brains of how we should relate to others . in an unconscious way we seek this same pattern/same bond/same routine etc.) Thus the moon be related with the routine as well because with our first steps as humans we learn our first routine (to rest, to sleep, to clean ourselves, etc.) also the e-motion is the reaction of resistence we manifest to the natural flow of the universe is the way we react when we are not accepting what is is. So we react with an emotion. This is related with what we find comfortable our comfort zone when we are comfy but also stagnation. Because the mind reacts with desire or aversion to what is known/comfort zone and the unknown/the void).

3)The Ascendant on the other hand, represents our body and personality. What is the personality? The personality i believe is associated with our natural behaviour (not confuse with reaction) the behaviour is something we do naturally and is seen externally. When we know someone or call with someone, etc. Is our body as well as the way we behave with our enviroment, with others etc. Is the attitude we have. How we show ourselves to others. What others see in ourselves the 1st time we met, etc.

Knowing this differences then maybe you can modify the way of these 3 things according to the key words of Aries: Action Oriented, impulsive, aggressive, indicator of willpower.

I hope this can help to understand... Although is true that the house/placement and sign of Mars in the case of Aries is necessary to understand better the totality of the question. Anyways... Good bye!.
June 7, 2021 at 09:08
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » JayJayAstrology
What is an inward house?
June 7, 2021 at 10:49
(Gemini) SagMeister » Astro-Seek User
thank you michincho! :1:
June 7, 2021 at 11:14
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » JayJayAstrology
Jay Jay - can you elaborate on which are the inward and outward houses?

I´ve been reading about house properties and I think I get it but more clarification would be helpful to better understand your references.
June 7, 2021 at 11:16
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » Castlewallsxo
Didn´t see this before I also asked... :61:
June 7, 2021 at 11:53
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » pluto°rising
Odd numbered houses are yang, masculine, positive or outward houses. Even numbered houses are yin, feminine, negative or inward houses.
June 7, 2021 at 16:15
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » SagMeister
System message: Post has been written by user Astro-Seek User, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You´re Welcome, by the way i found this page, maybe it can help too:

https://www.southfloridaastrologer.com/…

It has an explanation for every sign, in case anyone want to see their own sign.
June 7, 2021 at 17:01
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » JayJayAstrology
Do you think Whole or Placidus is more accurate?
June 7, 2021 at 17:22
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Castlewallsxo
I myself like and use Placidus. But that doesn´t mean that people using other house methods can´t give a good reading. Different astrologers have different styles of interpreting - and use different house systems accordingly. I don´t like getting into the debate of which is more accurate.
June 7, 2021 at 17:38
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » JayJayAstrology
My book uses positive/masculine or negative/feminine. Inward and outward resonates more with me. Sometimes just the "way" someone says a thing can make it click into place. Thanks!
June 7, 2021 at 18:27
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » pluto°rising
Yes. I agree. I much prefer yin-yang or inward-outward for language.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »