Are there aspects or placements that affects one´s voice?

May 12, 2021 at 15:25 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Deermaiden
Are there aspects or placements that affects one´s voice?
Do aspects have influence on a person´s voice? Like the pitch, the tone, the emotions in it. If so, what are these and what kind of voice do they create?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 12, 2021 at 15:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Typically you would want to check and study the positions and relations of Mercury and Venus, and the situation of the 2nd house and probably the 1st house as well.

Edit: You do have Mercury conjunct Venus as I see in your chart, in the 3rd house, the house of communication. I guess this adds something special in the way you communicate with others on voice level. 3rd house being in scorpio, probably that adds a sense of mystery to your communication style, in some attractive way I´d say.
May 12, 2021 at 15:50
(Pisces) Cind
1266 Is Tone asteroid, shows your tone of voice. Mine is 20 degrees cancer.
May 12, 2021 at 15:54
(Scorpio) srgeorgio
Taurus rules the throat and so taurus rising people often have special sounding voices.
May 12, 2021 at 17:01
(Gemini) AmberMoon » srgeorgio
Yes, I was also thinking of Taurus for voice and for melodious of Neptune and for harsh influence maybe aspects to harsher planets?
May 12, 2021 at 17:02
(Gemini) AmberMoon
Lovely question by the way 👍
May 12, 2021 at 19:23
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Taurus rules the voice. I don´t think astrological aspects will affect the pitch or tone. I think our DNA has a lot to do with that. The emotions are another matter - separate from the physical vocal folds and physical chambers of resonance.

As a retired voice teacher, I can tell you that, with training, anyone can change the pitch, tone, resonance and placement of the voice. You can completely change your voice and sound like someone else. So, it isn´t like we´re born with the voice we have exactly. We copy how others talk around us - including the language we speak - and languages have different tones and resonances - we LEARN to talk - just as we learn mannerisms and our style of walking.

There is the physical apparatus - and of course it contributes to our sound - but this is a complex thing we do - talk, sing, make sounds.

The chart does show our personalities and how we express emotions, but how it shows up in our voices - well, that´s probably as varied too. It may be that astrological influences could add a sense of urgency in our talk, or slow our talk down, or make us project our voices naturally or talk softly as if to hide our voices. This is how I would see the influences - in terms of energetics.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
May 12, 2021 at 19:41
(Cancer) Ppaauullii
I think that aspect of Uranus to mercury and mercury to Venus are essential to have good voice in natural way. Uranus gives some original to voice
May 13, 2021 at 00:40
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » JayJayAstrology
Thats interesting that you´re a retired voice teacher. I used to be a voice student in college. Was pretty good at it too. But lacked the desire to pursue it.

I was more into dirtbike racing back then and didnt give music the time and discipline i should have.

Being a music major was hard work too! They wanted us to learn all kinds of things in there. They were known for performing arts and they didn´t play around.

I often wish i had stuck it out, but my mind was on other things back then
May 13, 2021 at 02:00
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Sunnyshadow
As a piano and voice teacher, I heard that a lot from adult students wanting to get back into it. Everybody loves music, but man, it really takes dedication to be good at an instrument, including voice! It´s never too late though. I used to have a lot of adult students.
May 13, 2021 at 02:13
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » JayJayAstrology
Thanks JJ, :1:

i still sing in the shower and while cleaning the house, lol

Ive always enjoyed music
May 13, 2021 at 03:25
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Sixteen and Seventeen degrees of the negative fixed signs :172:/ :178: relate to Oratorical Ability and Music simultaneously, an excess of aptitude great enough to attract the evil eye! :43:
I have :157: at the drama degree of :181:, however in my heliocentric chart it moves to a very exact `Tee-:194:´ to my Sun and Earth/Moon!
I have Hidalgo :193: :64: forming a grand trine to the Oratorical degree of :182:, my letter ells are liquid as though "maybe" English is not my primary language.
17 is the Oratorical degree of the positive cardinal signs :171:/ :177:, it is a good place to have a planet or midpoint!
There is some evidence that the weight of information softens the condition of tone-deafness, musical and stage ability can be different categories!
May 14, 2021 at 07:04
(Libra) Deermaiden
Thank you all sooo much. I´ve never heard about the Tone asteroid before so I searched for it and it is very interesting. Mine is in Cancer as well, but 18 degrees Cancer :D
Maybe planets or asteroids have nearly no effect on a person´s voice cause people can learn to sing or talk like someone else but I think astrological aspects can show us the very basic traits of our voices maybe? Or somehow it shows the way we use hand gestures, how we accentuate, if the voice is harsh or soft, high pitched or low pitched.
Thank you for your answers they were all interesting to read :79:
May 14, 2021 at 07:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Deermaiden
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It is indeed as you said. natal chart is the basic block; Like what the person is born with. Life, is what person makes out of it and this chart is like Block #1.
May 14, 2021 at 08:08
(Libra) Deermaiden » Seanfhear
Yes, wise words. That is one of the reasons I love astrology. It doesn´t tell you what you are it only shows the abilities (good or bad). And everything else is up to the person. Just as one can learn to change their voices we can also change ourselves.

Also I looked up Tone again, and as I said earlier it is 18 degree Cancer and has a Bi-quintile with my Chiron and a Sesquare to my Moon, also conjuncting my North Node. I cannot find any information about the meaning of it so if anyone could give me an interpretation I would be very happy :16:
May 14, 2021 at 08:18
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Deermaiden
=====
Unfortunately, I´m focusing more on the traditional approach. Asteroids and minor aspects are so much load. Many professional astrologers I´ve encountered do advise on focusing the basic 9 planets (7+rahu and ketu) and to understand them better. They are just about enough to extract info. Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are also used but not as is the case in Western astrology where they´ve given them lordship, but they are considered for their possible energies in the chart (extreme Indian astrologers consider these 3 as "space junk" but this is a harsh judgement I guess).

Just to note also, Asteroids is quite a misnomer. Because in the list of the many asteroids, some of these are actually moons or satellites for other planets like Jupiter and Saturn, and some of them are hypothetical.

I suggest focusing on the basics.
As I said earlier, you do have Mercury conjunct Venus in the 3rd House. Mercury is speech and logic, Venus is arts and beauty, and 3rd house is house of communications (and other things). You can start from there and investigation if you like.
May 14, 2021 at 08:22
(Libra) Deermaiden » Seanfhear
Yes, I also like to start from the basics but I like to go as far as possible too, cause I´m interested in looking up every possible information given. But yes, I would definetely find some unknown information for the traditional approach as well. Thank you for your interpretation!
May 14, 2021 at 10:19
(Taurus) nutelina » Sunnyshadow
Funny you mention that. After years I found out by accident that I didn´t like the frequency of the concert pitch. After changing that I went back to loving music! After that I learned most of it myself. Like all that focus on keys and notation when everything sounds the same just higher or lower? It almost seems like even music was dumbed down so much it had lost it´s soul. That´s how I feels to me with modern music. At least classical has some punch, still that concert pitch frequency, I don´t like it

Luckily there are others who do tune better!
YouTube
YouTube

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »