Losing weight using astrology

May 2, 2021 at 23:16 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) Cecilia_3
Losing weight using astrology
Hi, this is the subject I thought about a few try. You know some astrologers says after full moons you can easily lose weight. I tried to do diet after full moons and some of them worked and some of them didnt work.
If the natal chart promise a person to be overweight, can´t it be changed? I read some informations about losing weight using some indicators like ceres, midpoints and transits etc.
Have you ever tried astrology for it? And what indicators were successfull?
For example while saturn transits my 12th house I lost weight so much very easily even if I didnt do diet.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 3, 2021 at 06:02
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
I think transits can definitely aid in helping someone lose (or gain) weight,

Ketu transiting the first can help you lose weight, because it´s ´loss´

Saturn transit in first, can too, because it´s "restriction" - likewise restricting transiting in the 2nd house as well

And on the flip side, Jupiter transiting the 11th, can definitely make you gain, rowing his boat on through your house of ´gains´! First house too. Jupiter can always make you gain, because it´s expansive. Same goes for Rahu, he can to definitely make you gain.

All in all, to alleviate the potential for the transits to have an effect on your weight, my way of looking at that is, eat healthy. Eat good, and clean, excercise and try to maintain the healthiest lifestyle you can when you know certain transits are coming that may or may not make you balloon up.
May 3, 2021 at 09:40
(Virgo) Cecilia_3 » RohiniMoon
These are very important informations. Thank you so much. I will try to use them. I have moon square jupiter in natal and sometimes I exaggerate eating.
We have genetically diabets in our family from mother side and I had insulin resistance time to time.
My mum Also have jupiter moon conjunction in her natal chart. Moon represents stomach and she has fat belly.She tried and lost weight very much last years but she gained weight again because of operations.
Now jupiter transits in my 7th house and saturn in 6th house. My progress moon in sagittarius also in 4th. While jupiter transitting across the 1st house, It is said a person can gain weight. It worked a little bit for me. I never be so fat anytime but always 5-10kg over. It was always like that. Moon venus conjunction makes me like sweet things unfortunately 🙂
May 3, 2021 at 10:55
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » Cecilia_3
A lot of people tend to comfort themselves through food. You have a Moon square Saturn. Easier said than done, but maybe it´s a matter of developing other ways to respond to stress?

I have Moon square Jupiter as well and I don´t tend to overeat. But I love sweets, I would be able to give up many things, but not sweets.
May 3, 2021 at 11:20
(Virgo) Cecilia_3 » (dragonfly)
Yes, I totally agree with you. Easier said than done. Especially while I was working or studying some things I found myself eating. Saturn represents responsibility and work and moon eating as well. Maybe I am responding to stress like that. It is not a good one, though.
May 5, 2021 at 13:27
(Aries) Jay Jay
This is a complicated subject - with a lot of factors involved. Keeping my weight at an acceptable level has been a life-long challenge. First, I don´t think astrology promises a person to be overweight. As soon as I think I know what that promise is, I meet someone who isn´t overweight with the same planets-signs-houses - whatever I´m looking at. All we get is potentials.

I´ve found the potential to be overweight lies with especially Sagittarius, Jupiter, but Cancer and Moon too - but there has to be other placements and a disposition to respond in that way - to use food for safety, substitute emotional nurturing, addiction to seretonin, etc. It all depends upon what the person is using food for. A lack of air and a lot of water can make a person prone to not being very active - but - there are just too many factors to be didactic.

Sagittarius and Jupiter are expansive in feel. The energy reaches out and connects with something or someone else and then brings it back for assimilation. This is why I think Jupiter or Sag or 9th house is often involved. It´s like reaching out for food and bringing it in for assimilation. People do it when learning too - getting information from without and bringing it inside for assimilation.

I have Moon in Sag on the IC and Venus in Taurus in the 9th. So this is how I experience eating - I have an excellent Pita appetite with all my Fire signs. And I had an aloof, unavailable mother to whom I was always reaching out for love - but never got. Anyway, can we change the energy? I have to say yes - but depending on all the factors in the chart - it can be very difficult.

And like RohiniMoon, I think transits and progressions can help - only just certain ones - and these come and go - so you have to be very committed and smart to be able to use them to change a pattern for life.

I think the key is honing in on one´s own body - to be really present in it and to stop the reaching out energy. You have to desire food, reach out for it and bring it in. So you have to feel a NEED. Then you have to move outside of yourself and then bring it back to yourself. Stopping any part of that energy can break a cycle. A Saturn transit to Moon, Jupiter, a Sag planet, etc., could help restrict the feeling of need. Then, if you have a transit from Mars and Uranus - it could help bring a person more into themselves - Mars setting boundaries and Uranus, an internal focus - a mental focus. If you can stay in the mind and out of the emotions (gut) - you have more control over emotional NEED.

Anyway, it really is complicated and we´re all different. So how we approach looking at our charts for a specific topic like this, is going to be varied.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
May 5, 2021 at 13:39
(Virgo) Cecilia_3 » Jay Jay
Wow Jay Jay, You opened a different perspective again and we think about the saturn discipline to moon and jupiter or sag planets, that is true. The thing is using uranus and mars. That came to me very interesting. Could you give an example about the aspects to them if you aren´t busy.
May 5, 2021 at 14:25
(Aries) Jay Jay » Cecilia_3
I´m thinking more that it is TR Mars and TR Uranus that can help you come more inside the self - they are both very internalizing, individualizing. There are other signs that reach out - like Leo and Libra - that could contribute to weight gain with other factors present. For me, the natal influences seem to be Sagittarius-Moon-9th and possibly my Jupiter in the 7th in Pisces.

I have three planets in Aries, Sun, Mars, Mercury but in a water house - 8th - so this is internalizing. I have never been obese - but definitely overweight. I have no air, which gets you moving and in the mind more. My consciousness has been focused on the emotional world and transforming it in the 8th. i needed to do that and I have no regrets. But, it does set up a tendency . . .

Anyway, I think if one is set up to need nurturing or safety from the outside, any of the "reaching out" or relational signs can be used to do it. Aries, Mars, 1st house and Aquarius, Uranus, Saturn can help to not reach out - to stay focused within - and in the mental world instead of the emotional world. Still, who wants to wait for a transit to come along? And when TR Uranus is square TR Mars and then conjunct or square a natal planet that is in a "reaching out" sign or emotional sign - would be powerful, especially with TR Saturn on the Moon or Venus or something like that - who wants to wait for that if you need to lose weight? We could be waiting a long time for some planetary influence to help us change our habits or needs. Regardless, we have to do the work.

I do think we can imagine these energies - think like the effect of the planets helping us not feel the need - to be focused within - to not reach out and bring it in. We can imagine what I´m talking about. We are more than our charts. This is really a complicated subject - and hard to say everything on a forum. Everyone is different - and what I´m saying may not apply to some people struggling with their weight. It´s one case at a time. A person needs to be conscious of the energies they are usuing, and even then - it´s difficult to change.
May 5, 2021 at 15:05
(Virgo) Cecilia_3 » Jay Jay
Yes, You explained very good these internalized planets, signs and aspects. I thought we can use these internalized planets square aspects because square is an aspect of mars and mars is burning also. We can activate this energy using it. Ans Also you said we are above our charts. I agree with that, we can use anything not waiting to some basic aspects.
May 5, 2021 at 15:17
(Aries) Jay Jay » Cecilia_3
Good!
May 11, 2021 at 10:34
(Pisces) kaan06
It may be easier to lose weight while passing through the transit pluto-ASC
May 11, 2021 at 10:50
(Pisces) Cind
I need to look at mine as I have put weight on when Jupiter was in my 6th house haha
May 11, 2021 at 11:52
(Gemini) AmberMoon
I´m, as we say in Belgium, gejost for that matter.

Jupiter in Sagittarius, and H1 in Sagittarius.

Luckily(?) not on the Ascendant but close enough.

Never been obese or BMI overweight but, there´s a but.

Against those odds currently well on a 41´ hip size which by local standards is not your prettiest thin, but ok, this is the best I can do and for that I have to deprive myself of many things any normal person can have with no problems, like bread.

In Belgium we have on average 4 slices for say midday. I can´t do that. It doesn´t even matter white or whole grain, it will inevitably - even with healthy spreads - lead to weight shifts. Of course, the unhealthier the spread the quicker and bigger the shift.

For me there will always be this shift of weight if I adhere to standard portions.

I´ve even tried full healthy food programs (not diets but just local initiatives, bio, conscious food choices) to see if I can loosen up a bit but nope.

So healthy stays (it´s also veggie for me) but portions will have to remain minimal, I´m heading for the big 4.

Apparently there´s some surprises there too, so have to keep a margin 😉
May 11, 2021 at 16:30
(Cancer) wildfl❀wer
Saturn in the 8th house from ASC/Moon, Saturn square Jupiter, Saturn on ASC, Moon conjunct Saturn. I would add Uranus too.
May 11, 2021 at 23:12
(Virgo) LotusStar
Transit wise Ketu/Moon, Ketu/Saturn or Ketu/Venus can diminish the desire for excess pleasure or food. Saturn and Ketu both have this pruning and removing of excess effect.

Timing wise I would say good to start when Sun or Mars are in fixed signs or exalted position, as it will add endurance and strength to the will power.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »