Project on Gen Z Astrologers

May 2, 2021 at 11:50 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) celestialcaptain
Project on Gen Z Astrologers
Hi there!

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting, but we´ll give it a go!

I´m currently doing a college project on my generation and the sudden influx of young people interested in astrology and I´m looking to learn about peoples experiences for the piece!

If you are Gen Z (or not even!), I´d love to learn more about why you got into astrology? (what changed in your life and your influences etc)

Also it would be great to hear what the benefits have been to your life and maybe some of the common misconceptions you´ve encountered (what astrology can and won´t do for you).

If you´ve got any tips or resources that you think I should check out that would be much appreciated too!

I´d love to potentially PM some of you as well and maybe interview you further if anyone would be willing because I´m really intrigued to hear about your experiences and insights as an outsider and I´m hoping to create a wider editorial on the topic.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
May 2, 2021 at 13:39
(Aries) Jay Jay
What a great project! I would be very interested in learning what you find out. I suspect there are a lot of factors.

One thing I´ve wondered - the Pluto in Sagittarius generation - suggests that this generation is looking for meaning in life - to do something personally meaningful. This is a Sag theme. Also, being judged is a Sag theme - suggesting that some of the Pluto in Sag people have been judged and condemned in past lives. Being judged harshly is a very difficult thing to overcome. It makes a person fearful to express themselves - yet - they absolutely have a need to do so.

So, with so many crises on the horizon - climate change, wars, economic downturns, social unrest - etc - it may not be surprising that people of all generations want answers, and they want them now. There is undertainty in the air - and human beings generally want to have a sense of security. Obviously, the mainstream isn´t solving a lot of problems - and over the years, more and more people are looking at alternatives to their questions.

Of course, not everyone interested in astrology belongs to the Sag generation - but this generation is now coming into adulthood and a lot of them are looking for the best path forward. They are optimistic by nature and feel a need to make their mark.

I just looked up how Gen Z ages fit with Pluto generations. According to Wikipedia - we are talking mid-1990s - 2010. On Jan 1, 1995, Pluto is at 29 degrees Scorpio - it retrogrades into Scorpio after touching into Sagittarius and then finally goes out of Scorpio November, 1995. So the tail end of the Pluto in Scorpio generation may be included. But it´s mostly Pluto in Sagittarius people in Gen Z.

Pluto in Scorpio people would naturally be interested in things like psychology, metaphysics, dreams, tarot and astrology. They also have a directive to deal with fear and other emotional issues - and to work on transforming themselves - the definition of Scorpio. So, there is a natural affinity with anything metaphysical.

Astrology has been enjoying a Renaissance since the 1970s and the internet has spurred on much more interest over the years. The turn of the century 1900´s - was when certain humanistic writers ushered in modern astrology. There have been different times in history when it has been popular and unpopular. Anyway - I would theorize that when times are tough and people are in crisis - it makes sense for people to want answers that are not forthcoming. We want assurances that everything will be okay and we´re doing everything we can to make it okay.

Just some thoughts. Could be there are many other reasons. Please keep us informed!

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
May 2, 2021 at 14:07
(Aries) Jay Jay » leorising
Just curious how Sagittarius is connected with 4th house - a crab slave?
May 2, 2021 at 14:10
(Virgo) nataliacytrus
I´d like to help, you can pm me ✨
May 2, 2021 at 14:15
(Libra) leorising » Jay Jay
https://zodiaccorner.wordpress.com/…

I have a North node in house 9, and I only managed to achieve this fully when I was able to feel nourished.
May 2, 2021 at 16:26
(Pisces) celestialcaptain » Jay Jay
This is really fantastic insight, thank you so much! And this relates nicely to some of the preliminary research I´ve been doing looking at Gen Z´s growing distrust with governments (particularly in the Uk and US) and the status quo and like you said we´re now beginning to search for definitive answers elsewhere - within astrology!
May 2, 2021 at 16:27
(Pisces) celestialcaptain » nataliacytrus
Thank you Natalia that would be super helpful! :)
May 2, 2021 at 16:28
I´ll be sure to keep you posted when the project goes live as well! :)
May 2, 2021 at 16:35
(Aries) Jay Jay » celestialcaptain
Thanks! I´d really appreciate hearing about your results. If you ever want my opinion on anything related to astrology in regard to your project, feel free to message me. I love it when people make formal studies. Are you doing this on your own or part of a school project or professional project?
May 2, 2021 at 17:09
I´ll definitely let you know what I find out! And that´s really kind, I´ll definitely take you up on that offer when I´ve finished compiling some questionnaires it would be great to get your insight! So yea this project is for my University and I´m creating my own designed Editorial/Booklet alongside the research to compile my findings and showcase interviews etc.
May 2, 2021 at 18:39
(Aries) Jay Jay » celestialcaptain
Cool! I´ll be happy to help.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
May 2, 2021 at 18:48
(Taurus) s81
Just to correct some old information, sociology and other disciplines keep updating in this regard. Thanks to consuming patterns, suicides statistics and many other different sources of social information, the new generations are now (at least 15 years ago) more clearly defined. The Millenial/Y generation is defined between 1980-2000 and Centennial/Z from 2000. But this last year could change to even more thanks to that population turning more years old and keep generating more social information about themselves. If that´s the case, the Millenial or Y generation could match or even surpass the length of the GI generation (1901-1924) or the Silent generation (1925-1946) which are larger in terms of time (23 and 21 years respectively).

This information is used by marketing, publicity, ads tech companies, etc, to segment the market with precision. Just a few examples:
* https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/…
* https://www.goldmansachs.com/insigh…
* https://www.bbc.com/news/…

Can´t tell why some people keep updating wikipedia and other sources with outdated information.

In any case, I agree with the existence of a trans-generational segment usually called "crystal generation" mainly given by the enter of Pluto to Sagittarius (so involving the last portion of Y generation and the Gen Z), but since I know a lot of people from that segment, I know also that the "crystal" concept does only apply to an apparent majority of them, but not to all of them (I guess that explains also why that indicator is not a generational switch).
May 2, 2021 at 20:47
(Aries) ram_goat
I always thought it was interesting how many pluto generations
are currently alive on the planet right now..

pluto-cancer
pluto-leo
pluto-virgo
pluto-libra
pluto-scorp
pluto-sag
pluto-cap

All living side by side simultaneously. When has that ever
happened before? 7 generations alive simultaneously.

Also, it´s nice that you at least offer to share, but be sure to
make good on that offer in this thread.

This place is too full of m-fer´s that only take from the place
like they are getting milk from their neighbor´s borrowed cow, but
they never take time to give anything back. Such people are not really welcome here. The most common type we see in here are those who are
farming the forum for paid readings of various kinds. Your post is a close cousin to that kind. Be sure you give something back for what you take. Beware of taking things quickly into private messages where nothing is shared or benefits the community.

May 2, 2021 at 20:57
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » ram_goat
and out of those, Pluto in Cancer are my favorites. :174:
May 2, 2021 at 21:06
(Aries) ram_goat
It seems like you would also need at least one other reference point, other
than the experiences of Gen Z alone, or else you end up with the same problem as a one armed juggler.. all throw and no catch..

if there has been a "sudden influx" of gen Z into astrology, then relative to when? the 1960´s? the 1920´s? The 1680´s?

I think pre-computer/post computer eras would be significant. Charts used to be
rather hard to do by hand. If not hard, then at least time consuming. With the advent of computers, it takes a mere button press and a second or two.

Also- pre smart-phone vs post smart phone era.. the smart phone effectively put a computer in the hand of each person (each kid..) and charts and interpretations were a mere button click away. Technology has so simplified the process that you don´t even need to own a computer or know anything about them in order to get a high quality chart in seconds.

Before computers, you had to go to a book store, usually a specialty book store because astrology was not such a common mainstream topic for a variety of reasons. So.. transport yourself to a book store, have money to buy books, time to read & understand them, and if one book was not so good, then repeat the cycle, using more money to buy another.

A very different learning cycle than mindlessly or impulsively swiping an iphone.

Libraries usually did not have many books on the subject, and usually they were either low quality or off-topic, and only tangentially "about" astrology itself. Good technical books were not so easy to come by.

I think in many ways the experience of pre-pluto-sag is probably about as relevant as the pluto-sag experience. Absent any history, you merely discuss yet another cultural fad, which we are all well acquainted with since the 1970´s and before (anyone old enough to remember the "pet rock" fad from the 1970´s?)..

May 2, 2021 at 21:12
(Aries) ram_goat » RohiniMoon
pluto gemini was an interesting one too..

but a lot of extremes, some really good ones and some really bad ones.
But an interesting generation.

my least favorite, without question: pluto leo..

pluto libra seems to be living golden lives right now.

I still very fuzzy about what will be pluto-virgo´s contribution to the world.
May 2, 2021 at 21:25
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » ram_goat
Yes! I was going to say Pluto-Gemini´s too..

My grandparents were of that generation, and actually one of my uncles is, dad and other close relatives were Pluto-cancer...

Agreement again Pluto-Leo - not a fan. No offense to them, but.. I also don´t like newer generations either. But I am always pleasantly surprised when I do find people from those generations who are very smart, and ones I can get Along with.. They usually aren´t much like the others in their generations... The smartphone generations... I don´t get them.

I´m more the type who would be sitting with the elderly in the park, feeding the birds bread and complaining with them about the price of it..
May 2, 2021 at 21:33
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » s81
I think there´s always a debate how mainstream sees a generation and Astrology with Pluto. The dates are often off simply because mainstream doesn´t go by Pluto.
May 2, 2021 at 21:36
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » ram_goat
Virgo Pluto´s usually Medical/Mental Health, Environment professions, Wellness/Fitness, Medicines, Sciences, Technology. At least most of them in my family all gravitate towards this in the family. Maybe Contractors, Builders, Real Estate, Excavating.

Otherwise Musicians "Punk Rock". Some are Spiritual Healers, and Politicians right now. I believe it´s more they just don´t focus on the older generations as much as Generation Z and Millennial´s because Marketing aims for them.
May 2, 2021 at 21:40
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » goldenlion32
Sagittarius Pluto began in 1995 in-between Scorpio Pluto. Although, you can pretty much look at marketing and advertising from 1995-2008 group of Sagittarius Pluto with toys, music, literature, video games, since it was aimed for that population. Art, Cartoons, Movies, Etc.
May 3, 2021 at 00:52
(Taurus) s81 » goldenlion32
Well, I think people call "generation" to so many different things. The example of the "crystal generation / Pluto in Sagittarius" shows exactly that I think.
For me, generations are more useful in terms of society, so we can analyze a group of people behaving socially with more or less the same patterns, so social planets seem to me to be more important than transpersonal ones which influence many generations at the same positions. In fact, I guess I would call Uranus/Neptune/Pluto transgenerational planets.
But I´m fine if others think and practice different approaches (which is the case haha), I just posted since the original thread talked about Generation Z, and that´s a mainstream definition, with an enhanced definition today than years ago.
May 3, 2021 at 01:57
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » s81
I think many people do, but for a few years I have studied the different generations with Pluto, Uranus, Neptune, they do interact differently, communicate differently, and have different signatures that do show up when you´re interacting with them.

I´ve seen it anyway for quite a few years. I noticed this when my child was going to school as well.

It may be partially, I come from a Mental Health family, so watching the different groups through the years, they tend to stand out a bit to me.
May 3, 2021 at 02:04
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I´m not sure if you listened to these yet, but he does a good job speaking about the generations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
May 3, 2021 at 12:02
(Pisces) celestialcaptain » ram_goat
I completely agree, I´m going to look further into pre-pluto-sag 1960s/70s generations and the landscape in these eras to make comparisons to this resurgence of astrology within technology and social media. And like you said, because this information is being ´mindlessly´ fed to us, it raises some interesting points about the quality of what my generation are consuming in the context of astrology. Thanks again for making these points though, definitely useful for my research report!
May 3, 2021 at 12:08
(Pisces) celestialcaptain » ram_goat
Honestly crazy to think about and definitely something worth making comparisons with!

Yea I completely understand the problem with people almost farming information and that´s not something I´m here for. I cant thank everyone enough in this community for helping with my project just by taking the time to response!

This project will be completed in around 5 weeks time, and I will definitely send across my findings and also images of the editorial I design (maybe I can even make some copies to send people)!
May 3, 2021 at 12:16
(Pisces) celestialcaptain » s81
Thanks for those links, you raise some good points about the definition and it´s definitely something that´s going to become clearer as Gen Z matures into adulthood and new generations form into the 2020s. Will be interesting to see how it´ll all be classified!
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »