Dreams

April 30, 2021 at 09:53 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) Leen97
Dreams
I´m curious to know if there are certain aspects in ones chart which are responsible for intense and overall violent night dreams ?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
April 30, 2021 at 10:09
(Gemini) (dragonfly)
If there are such aspects, there are probably related to Moon. You have Moon in Scorpio square Uranus, maybe that´s the reason? My Moon opposite Uranus and I have never slept very well.
April 30, 2021 at 10:10
(Leo) ELIXIR
I somewhere read that Lilith in the 12th house brings nightmares and to me this was the most valid statement concerning the topic so far.
Looking forward to more opinions and observations. :2: :2:
April 30, 2021 at 12:24
(Gemini) Neon_Mage
A troublesome 12th house, perhaps, as the 12th house rules one´s unconscious. Harsh squares and oppositions to planets in the 12th or to the ruler of the 12th come to mind. Also, :159: supposedly rules dreams, but not necessarily the violent kind. Still, I´d take it´s position in consideration.
April 30, 2021 at 12:26
(Pisces) Cind
I used to have night terrors when my progressed Mars moved into my 12th house, I also had my progressed Moon there crossing over. I was not okay haha
April 30, 2021 at 12:39
(Aries) Jay Jay
I kind of doubt that aspects are responsible for violent dreams. I used to have nightmares every night for a couple of years - waking up screaming. I attribute them to having a lot of repressed feelings from childhood that needed release. Also, I was going against the negative dogma I was raised with. If you are trying to better yourself positively but were taught what you are doing is wrong, it can cause violent dreams. For instance, if you´re taught that girls should stay home - be a wife and mother - and that a career is not for women - then if you try to be a career woman, it´s going against the primal need to please our parents. When we are kids, we need them for survival. This can indeed, cause nightmares.

I do have Sun, Mars and Mercury in Aries, in the 8th house - and Pluto in the 12th - which may contribute to having bad dreams - but - I kind of doubt that this is related. My Moon is in Sagittarius, 4th. If there is a correlation, I´d point to water signs and houses. We all dream - every night. If we have stuff to work out - especially fears - we can have nightmares. Everyone deals with fear in some way or another.

Several years ago, I wrote an article on the subject - entitled Nightmares: A Sign of Personal Growth. I put it up on my website. Feel free to take a look.

https://thesoulmustsing.weeblysite.com/…
May 1, 2021 at 03:49
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
I´d say for the content of the dreams, as you´re describing "violent and intense" I´d look to transits.

Dreams as a whole I´d say you look at three different things: The Moon because it´s the mind/emotions, the 12th house - because it is the house of the subconcious mind, and also the house of bed pleasures. I.e. Sleep so dreams are a big one here. and lastly Rahu and Ketu because they represent illusion, dreams are illusion.

They say Malefics in the 12th indicate nightmares, of all kinds. I can attest, I have Saturn in the 12th. I´ve had my share of pretty traumatizing dreams....
May 1, 2021 at 06:54
(Gemini) AmberMoon » Neon_Mage
Interesting topic.

I dream, like most people, everyday, ánd I tend to also remember my everyday dream.

Neptune is in my H12, very close, if not on my Ascendant.

Today it´s better, but for a long time during the day I would constantly look out for the night to come because I enjoyed that life better.

And I used to keep a journal but remembering so much detail, it was too much work and I kind of gave up on it as life got busier.

I used the journal to come back at a later point in time to see if any information had proven useful. And then I would add post scriptum notes.

And I also use it for creative work I make every now and then. It´s been a tremendous source of inspiration. Sometimes I find it difficult to take credit for what I made.

Apparently and retrospectively, now and then the future was in those dreams.

For instance, I once had a very predictable and a bit boring job and I thought I was heading all the way to pension in it. I liked the predictability because income wise, it made me feel safe.

In my dreams I repeatedly saw glass buildings, our capital city, commutes and I saw myself having lunch as the only woman amidst about 10 men. And I didn´t understand that dream very well then, to the point of finding it somewhat inappropriate even...😄

But this is exactly how my career switch started a year or so after the dream. Entering a male dominated industry, in a leading company where typically the highlight of the day was the memorable lunch we shared as a team.

Thinking back of that still makes me smile.

There was so much healing for me in those meals and conversations.

Your topic motivated me to be on the lookout for difficult transits. Sometimes dreams get bad, but not as a rule.

Try keeping a diary and see what comes out.
May 1, 2021 at 08:16
(Capricorn) Leen97 » (dragonfly)
Well yeah probably.. moon in scorpio square Uranus causes explosive emotions and they only find a way through my dreams 😂💔
May 1, 2021 at 08:23
(Capricorn) Leen97 » ELIXIR
And my lilith is in the 8th house maybe that´s also the case since it indicates obsession over the dark side of stuff 🤔
May 1, 2021 at 08:37
(Capricorn) Leen97 » Neon_Mage
I think it´s the harsh squars for me! Thanks for replying 💕
May 1, 2021 at 08:39
(Capricorn) Leen97 » Cind
So it´s all related to the 12th house! Hope you´re doing ok now 💕
May 1, 2021 at 08:43
(Capricorn) Leen97 » Jay Jay
You´re right! events from my childhood keep appearing in my dreams plus I am trying to go against everything I was raised with.. I´ll certainly take a look at the article.. thanks for your response 💕
May 1, 2021 at 08:51
(Capricorn) Leen97 » RohiniMoon
My Pluto is in the 12th house I don´t know if this is the case 🤔 thanks for sharing your thoughts 💕
May 1, 2021 at 08:55
(Capricorn) Leen97 » AmberMoon
Wow! This is really interesting.. well sometimes I do dream of events before they actually occur it´s crazy! But never thought of keeping a diary before .. I´ll definitely do that .. thanks for sharing your experience it it was really helpful 💕
May 1, 2021 at 10:00
(Capricorn) Emanuel
Moon in Scorpio in 12th house... Definetely (also Moon is the ruler of your 8th house in Cancer). Also Moon in square to Uranus (and sextile with Mercury) can show a highly "electrical" charged subconscious.

You said many dreams have to do with your childhood... Is mother in some way involved? I guess your relationship with your mother is special and intense.
May 1, 2021 at 10:53
(Aries) Jay Jay » Leen97
You´re welcome.
May 1, 2021 at 11:53
(Capricorn) Leen97 » Emanuel
The dreams that has to do with my childhood are mainly related to school days and childhood friends.
I also see myself fighting with my mother repeatedly. And I still dream about my deceased brother although I was just 5 when he passed away.
Thanks for taking time to take a look at my chart 💕
May 1, 2021 at 11:53
(Taurus) Rosincvist
You could be feeling a :194: from transitting :159: right now............like restless leg syndrome during sleep you want to KICK!!! something at some level!
May 1, 2021 at 13:31
(Capricorn) girlplaysguitar » Leen97
I encounter so many interesting things on this forum...

My daughter, who has Pluto & North Node in Scorpio 12th house, from a young pre-school age has always "sleep talked" in a different language. English is her native language and the only one she knows. Over the course of growing up there were uncountable incidents whereas she sits up in bed and speaks for a full minute in what sounds like Chinese or Japanese. I´ve long joked she can speak these languages but only when sleeping. Some nightmares as well but more often the sleep talk and occasionally some sleep walking too.

She´s 26 and married now living in another state away from home and still does it. It was prominent enough in her life that I warned my son-in-law early on so he wouldn´t be confused when she got "hi-jacked" :61:
May 2, 2021 at 08:47
(Sagittarius) RA_
Dreams, my favorite thing to do. Before the movie Inception came out, it was a childhood experience of mine trying to wake up from a dream only to find you´re in a layers of dreams. Waking up is so exhausting and my heart beats fast. In the whole sign house system that my moon is on the 12th house. I also experienced prophetic dreams and some dreams stored in long term memory that can cause a Déjà vu. I even dreamed of holding a phone trying to bring it to reality before the advent of pocket/mobile phones. The thing is, if your dreams are so strong or vivid then something is imbalanced in your life. If your reality is far more greater youll find that you sleep less and more hours awake attaining your goals in life. My personal record of longest sleep I had was 7 days. It was out of exhaustion after I finally graduated college. I sleep in the day, and awake at night when I was preparing for a licensed exam or if I need to tap into my creative side. If I have an important meeting I don´t sleep just to keep myself alert in reality. I don´t need coffee to keep me awake at times coffee makes me feel sleepy. A habit that I am trying to address. It has its pros and cons, now became an important arsenal in this difficult times. Your dream experiences are a reflection of your reality and your inner emotions and inner thoughts. If your reality is more rewarding then you will sleep well at night. Your dreams are your trigger points that you have to wake up and do something. Or else will end up in the layers of dreams drowned. Most important thing keep your bedroom clean and tidy. Arrange your bed that you will wake up by the sunrise. Or put a clock where you can see it easily. Some prefers to tire themselves during the day to get a good sleep. Change your environment or habits that causes you to have nightmares. What you listen can trigger too. I also listen to songs before going to bed. I used to be a horror story junkie it was a fun experience also to be in your own world of Matrix. Have a good night´s rest. 💤💤💤
May 2, 2021 at 09:19
(Capricorn) Leen97 » Rosincvist
This is so true! 😁
May 2, 2021 at 09:23
(Capricorn) Leen97 » girlplaysguitar
😂😂😂
I´ve never heard something like this before. Thanks for sharing. Hope you and your daughter will always have a good night sleep. 💕
May 2, 2021 at 22:37
(Capricorn) Leen97 » RA_
That was so interesting and helpful!.. thank you for sharing your experience and for the tips for a good night´s sleep. I´ll keep what you wrote in mind. 💕
May 2, 2021 at 23:03
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
i would think Pluto in the 12th house can probably bring up to the subconscious mind you´re deepest fears since 12th house is Pisces related. It can deal with a lot of trauma.

Naturally dreams are how we process our fears, emotions, thoughts, and feelings and they may come out in different ways.

https://advanced-astrology.com/plut…
May 2, 2021 at 23:11
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Leen97
i usually have dreams about those who have passed away with Water in the 8th house, 4th, and intercepted in 12th house. There´s usually some kind of symbolism, meaning, and message in abstract, or they´re showing me something I need to heal or do in the physical.

Many people have these types of dreams from spirit guides, angels, and loved ones.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »