Proper Numbering of Houses

April 29, 2021 at 15:22 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) scorpemini
Proper Numbering of Houses
I get very confused when listening to different practitioners on daily readings. I´ve seen some use Rising/ASC (mine being Saggitarius) sign to determine zodiac houses 1-12. But today as I´m listening to my Sun Sign Gemini reading it says my 7th House is Saggitarius. So which one do I count my houses 1-12 from, The Rising, or the Sun Sign???

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 29, 2021 at 18:16
(Taurus) Rosincvist
..............Because the signs are more powerful than the houses; The charts with no houses at all make almost as much sense as the charts with houses!
Your heliocentric chart is your `soul´ and should be less confusing than any geocentric chart. Are you REALLY feeling doubt about first house starting in the sign of ` :179:´??
April 29, 2021 at 19:32
(Gemini) scorpemini » Rosincvist
No doubts... Spotify has a horoscope podcast that said the moon was in my 7th house today and it confused me as the newbie I am. So I needed clarity. Thank you for that input.
April 29, 2021 at 19:36
(Gemini) scorpemini » Jaided
So the natal chart determines the houses, starting with the ASC. Yet, today a Daily Gemini podcast stated that the moon was in Sagg, the 7th House. So I instantly fell in confusion. Thanks for responding!
April 30, 2021 at 00:35
(Virgo) Cecilia_3
Daily horoscopes mentions %20 interpretations of a sign. So it is said generally you should look for asc interpretations and combine with the sun.
May 1, 2021 at 21:01
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
The first house is the ASC or rising sign - so Sagittarius.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »