Vedic astrology - gemstone remedies

April 23, 2021 at 17:49 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) lnsabch
Vedic astrology - gemstone remedies
Hello,
I´ve been reading about the Vedic astrology concept of gemstone remedies for problematic chart placements. In looking at dozens of posts by Vedic astrologers, I´ve found conflicting information.

They either say that you need to wear a problem planet´s gemstone to appease it, or that you need to *avoid* wearing the gemstone of a problem planet.

Can someone who practices Vedic astrology please tell me which is the correct answer?

If it helps, my Ascendant is Aquarius, my Nakshatra is Dhanishtha-1, I have Capricorn Moon, I have ascending Kalsarpa dosha, and I am Manglik. I am also under the Sadhe Sati peak time right now.

Thank you!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 23, 2021 at 18:06
(Virgo) rohini moon
This is a tricky thing, in my opinion. I personally haven´t used gemstones, I did once-unknowingly before I even understood Vedic.

I am under the school of thought that, you CAN wear gemstones, but I would be very careful in the sense where I would ask or go to a guru to personally look at my chart - and tell me the correct course of action.

Gemstones are not a one size fits all. Because , if say you have a weak debilitated Mars in cancer, in the 8th or 12th house as an example, you don´t want to *strengthen* the house of death or the house of losses, which you would inadvertently be doing if you wear gemstones for a planet that´s in bad dignity in a bad house, in my case, I was wearing sapphire gemstone, the gemstone of Saturn - I have Saturn in my 12th house! It wasn´t good, but I only learned why it was that way AFTER I got into Vedic. Since that point I have not done the gemstones. I am not saying they don´t work, they do! But in order for you to strengthen it in the right way and have it work to your advantage - I would only ask a highly knowledgeable person, first, and also trust your gut. also it helps to have said guru charge/cleanse the stone for you before you wear it yourself. As it´s taking on YOUR energy. You don´t want someone else´s energy who may have been in possession of the stone coming near yours... It can just muck it up.

Anyway, hope I helped atleast a little. ;)
April 23, 2021 at 20:54
(Taurus) lnsabch » rohini moon
Thank you RohiniMoon; that does help. :15: I was leaning towards not wearing the gemstone--also blue sapphire for my Capricorn moon and Aquarius ascendant--for the reasons below:

I feel that wearing it aggravates my Moon square Saturn; Saturn also rules my moon and the 12th house. I am under Sadhe Sati and transit Saturn has been square personal planets lately! I also find that wearing moonstone gives me dis-ease for some reason.
April 23, 2021 at 21:24
(Virgo) rohini moon » lnsabch
I wouldn´t want anyone to wear a gemstone thinking they are strengthening a weak planet - only to have it backfire because, strengthening something in bad dignity is risky, unless your personal chart was studied.

I remember hearing a case where a man started wearing this certain gemstone, might of been Coral for Mars, and that same week he got into a bad accident. So, I definitely believe you about the moonstone giving you issues.

When I was wearing the sapphire, I started losing a lot of weight. . It wasn´t my intention, I changed my diet greatly, but the loss was too much, taken too far. So, I came to realize later on way down the road, I was wearing that stone during that time - and Saturn sits in the house of loss. I don´t need to strengthen my 12th house, lol.

If you really want to find one, go with your best planet, if exalted or in its own sign. And if it´s in a good house.. You could test the waters..

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »