E-Sports and Astrology

March 29, 2021 at 22:06 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) UgurCan
E-Sports and Astrology
What can the predisposition to E-sports be understood by looking at? Most of us play games for gain or to relieve stress. What aspects bring happiness when playing the game? Does it bring professionalism?

For example, this is a chart of me and the League of Legends.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 29, 2021 at 23:58
(Taurus) s81
Well, in a sinastry a Venus opposition Venus like that, will generate attraction yes, but may be it is not a long lasting thing. May be you will get bored of LoL in some time.
It´s Sun somewhat near a your Lot Of Fortune, might mean some good performance from your side in the game, but I´m just guessing here since it´s not as close as many other people (players) could have.
Also, it´s Sun falls in your 1st house, which means it has a big influence in you.
About the professional aspect, we can say the Ketu (South Node) of LoL is in conjunction with your Midheaven, which might be good in some extent. It could be a good choice for you in the professional area, at least for some time I guess, since you have the cusp of your 2nd house (how do you earn money) in Scorpio, ruled by Pluto which also governs things like TV, and nowadays videogames are streamed and that´s the way to earn money in that field, so this sinastry could work for that.
March 30, 2021 at 00:23
(Virgo) Etherealmind
E-sport = a multiplayer video game played competitively for spectators, typically by professional gamers

... I wonder why society named it e-SPORT ?!, this term is so inappropriate for what it is :23: :23: I´d name it better : an e-drug :61: :61:
I don´t understand how people can become pro gamers like earning money playing video games all day ... Well, just my opinion.

Anyway, I think that maybe Neptune aspects in a natal chart can show predispositions to video games. Neptune-Mars aspects I think.

PS : For my part, my favorite video games were and still are Animal Crossing and Mario Kart :61: :61: even if I don´t have time anymore to play these 2 video games :81: :81:
March 30, 2021 at 00:51
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
With the t-squares there is there a lot of death or you die a lot. I have to kind of chuckle, because those squares I would think would be quite challenging, a lot of growth, evolution, maybe of your character. I´ve never played the game thought.

Venus is all about pleasure in Libra and Taurus. Indulging in the 5 senses and usually does deal with the emotional center of the amygdala and limbic system. We usually do escape into video games from emotional pain or mental pain. Which is usually Pisces or Neptune. Which is the dream world, the escapism, and added more pleasure to the five senses.

Video game creators know this. It is why you have the rewards, the points, the sparkling shiny things, treasures, and level up when you win. The pain and pleasure center. The punishment and reward. The more rewards you get, the more you will play the game.

It´s kind of like a high just like a drug.

Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter and so I can tell you that Jupiter expands that need to indulge. Sagittarius usually is affiliated with Gambling addictions. Jupiter is your luck and wealth. It can also take things from you. Which is why you see a lot of Gamblers lose everything.
March 30, 2021 at 00:58
(Taurus) s81 » Etherealmind
Haha yes, e-sports could be somewhat weird term in a first approach, but it is very similar to chess or other sports that do not involve outdoor heavy-physical displacements, but a strong mental effort (which also has a physical exhausting echo of course).
I don´t play videogames neither, but being a retired amateur chess player have studied many charts of successful chess players, and can tell you they are -in general- very similar to top conventional sports players. With professional videogames players seems to happen the same thing.

In the present case, in general his chart is pretty compatible to a professional videogame player. He has in his natal chart a novile (40 degrees) activation of Mars-Neptune as you mention, Pluto in 2nd house as I mentioned in my reply, but also things like Mars (sports, activity, combat) in 3rd house (communications) which good for this kind of broadcasted games, also his strong Uranus (technology) in domicile in trine with his Jupiter (expansion), Moon (emotions) and Mercury (commerce) is very very good, his very intense discipline (Saturn conjunct Sun in a partile fashion) is extremely nice-to-have aspect for this kind of activities that require so many hours of training (something that can be a distinctive thing for him since it is being activated by Neptune in trine), etc.

But of course the things that mentions goldenlion32 are totally true too, it could be a like-a-drug activity if not taken seriously it´s addition risks. In fact the LoL Mars falls in his 10th house, and that seems to be somewhat hard and demanding. So, attention to keep a healthy approach to the activity must be there.
March 31, 2021 at 14:00
(Virgo) Etherealmind » s81
"it is very similar to chess or other sports that do not involve outdoor heavy-physical displacements, but a strong mental effort (which also has a physical exhausting echo of course)." --> Okay but naming it e-sport is still inappropriate I think.

Each time I look at this kind of pics : https://www.presse-citron.net/les-1…

I ...

Me pongo loca tio jajajajajajajajajajaja

"successful chess players, and can tell you they are -in general- very similar to top conventional sports players. With professional videogames players seems to happen the same thing." --> Okay, interesting :1: I didn´t know :75:

But of course the things that mentions goldenlion32 are totally true too, it could be a like-a-drug activity if not taken seriously it´s addition risks.
--> Yeah and specially with some Neptune-Mars aspects.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »