Pluto dominant chart? Pluto being a chart ruler?

February 22, 2021 at 23:08 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) floweringirl
Pluto dominant chart? Pluto being a chart ruler?
I’m a beginner definitely and i’ve been studying lightly for more than a year now. It is so much to learn. I’ve read books and gotten a few readings from different people whose perspective I enjoy but it can still be so confusing. But I never want to stop learning about it regardless of how confused I can get! Anyways...

I’ve read some places that outer planets cannot be a chart ruler... is this true? In my case, Pluto could not be a chart ruler and it would be Mars instead? I don’t know how much it matters since they are conjunct in my chart. According to my research, one of the planets dominant in my chart is Pluto?
Does any have a Pluto dominant chart? Even if I’m not I would still love to hear experiences with it or what you know.

I would just love some feedback and clarity from someone who knows a bit more than me.
Also if anyone has some great authors or resources to recommend that maybe aren’t as well known as Liz Greene, Robert Hand, etc., I would appreciate it! Thanks for reading :27:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 23, 2021 at 17:19
(Sagittarius) Psyle
As a Scorpio ascendant you have two chart rulers : Mars (night ruler of Scorpio) and Pluto (day ruler of Scorpio).

There are different methods to calculate one´s dominant planets. According to astro-seek ("dominants") your most dominant planets are 1) Sun 2) Mars 3) Uranus. But your Pluto is still important because it is aspecting quite a few personal planets especially your dominant Mars. All in all it´s important to remember that the Sun and Mars can also feel somewhat "plutonic". Indeed Pluto rules Aries and is exalted in Leo. Sun rules Leo and is exalted in Aries. And Mars rules Aries.

Plutonic individuals (dominant Pluto, conjunct the angles for instance) have a sense of occult power. In the thread "POLITICS" I wrote something about that.

My dominant planets are 1) Saturn and 2) Pluto 3) Black Moon

I have Pluto conjunct Mercury in Scorpio and trine Mars. How does it feel? Well my mind tends to dive thoroughly and obsessively into all sorts of occult subjects (and also academic ones during my uni years).
February 23, 2021 at 17:30
(Gemini) Junia
It is quite funny, cause I am in pretty much the same position as you. I have also learned it for about a year and have read some books, and even tho it is confusing I STILL want to learn more!

I recommend to take this test to see if your Pluto is strong in your chart. I got around 45 points, so my Pluto is strong.
https://skywriter.wordpress.com/201…

And it is no surprise, since my Pluto is conjunct my moon, I have scorpio ascendant, and my sun, mercury and mars in 8th house.

Badly enough, I dont know if it counts that Pluto is the chart ruler (or mars) :( I also have scorpio ascendant.
February 23, 2021 at 18:08
(Aries) ayeitskate
i am a scorpio rising as well and both mars and pluto will be significant for you. i honestly look to mars when looking at my chart ruler, but i believe you are able to look at both if you feel it is necessary. i have mars conjunct my ascendant so that is probably why i feel more of a connection with mars. although, a lot of other astrologers would typically look towards mars when determining the chart ruler. mars is more personal and pluto is a generational planet. i don´t think there is really a right or wrong though, since both do rule over scorpio. i would just have fun looking into both and figure out what resonates most with you. :)
February 23, 2021 at 18:35
(Sagittarius) Psyle » Junia
With your Pluto test I got around 35 points (the strong area also).

" I dont know if it counts that Pluto is the chart ruler"

The test says you can add 5 bonus points for other important factors (like the chart ruler). :160: :5: :160:
February 23, 2021 at 21:13
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Pluto might have a dual exaltation in :182: & :171:.
The school that says Pluto is the <<esoteric>> ruler of Pisces also uses the ephemeris of "Vulcan" which has proven to be pure fantasy!
:178: :160: people are more in touch with the "unconscious" mind; They have all their :123: :122: :121:s in order if they are truly successful!
The first planet from planet X in the Babylonian astrolabe is Gaga (Pluto) counting inward :153: is officially the ninth planet; The designation modern folk give Pluto or Planet X.
Mars is the lower octave of Pluto and shall always have a fan-base all it´s own!
February 25, 2021 at 09:38
(Capricorn) VichrutaSuryaYutiRahuNavamsa
Hi there!

What I´ve read about the outer planets or universal (pluto, urans, neptune) is due all of them taking so long in move and for the same reason affect entire generations, the force they manifest is so big that is very difficult for a human being to handle all their power... So it requires to be vibrating very high to being able to manifest their energies without succumb a little... Otherwise they could manifest in a chaotic way sort of... Pluto is about power but also is about letting go... Wich is the most difficult part for humans which tend to attach to everything lol

A friend of mine had pluto as codominant next to saturn and mercury... All i know is they was very misterious but at the same time when attached to someone couldnt handle well the pluto energy (the shadow, the possessiveness, jelaousy, manipulation etc.) On the other hand they sometimes perceive things in a prophetic way, knowing things already without knowing how could knew those things...

I can recommend Linda Goodman Forum... ive learned a lot in there... And also. Only if you are interested in Vedic astrology... Farfaraway is a pretty great page to visit... Or Barbara Pijan, But these two are Vedic/Sidereal astrology, not Western/Tropical...

I do believe you can have them as dominant but as i said is not easy to letting go things although is not impossible if you connect to the spiritual realm or to the great original source or as you want it to call it... It can give great transformers, Radical revolutionists and psychologists and therapists as well...
February 25, 2021 at 19:13
(Pisces) alch3my
Hi
Well with a Uranus, Saturn and Pluto dominant chart I certainly feel/see the strong karmic cycles associated with these outer planets. How it has affected my families history, story and how it influences mine...

A great book if you want to delve deeper is - ´Astrology Karma & Transformation´ by Stephen Arroyo.
It deals with the law of karma and the urge toward self-transformation. With specific emphasis on the outer planets being dominant; Saturn, Uranus,Neptune and Pluto.

Hope this helps on your journey. Enjoy learning :6:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »