Vedic astrology/Jyotish /Spiritual remedies/Ayurveda

February 7, 2021 at 15:06 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) Datta108
Vedic astrology/Jyotish /Spiritual remedies/Ayurveda
Namaste, not sure if there´s a space for this topic, kindly use it to help others who are suffering using Astrological knowledge. Is there any vedic astrologers on this site kindly come forward thanks!

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
February 7, 2021 at 18:13
(Virgo) rohini moon
I´m no astrologer, but I use the Vedic/Jyotish system.

Anything in particular you were looking into/for?
February 7, 2021 at 18:25
(Capricorn) Datta108 » rohini moon
Namaste, just wanted to have an open forum for like minded people to help others using jyotish. I do it as Seva to my spiritual teacher who also was an absolute master vedic astrologer from India, he saved me from the worst of my Karma´s and i can´t ever repay him for the sacrifices he made for me,he was an ocean of mercy and knowledge.
February 7, 2021 at 19:19
(Virgo) rohini moon » Datta108
Ah, cool! :15: I´m pretty much the only one here who uses this system predominately, so it´s sort of a breath of fresh air to find others who do too...
February 7, 2021 at 19:25
Ok not bad 2 people into jyotish!!!
I think it takes a rare soul to be born in the West and be interested in astrological knowledge AND be into Jyotish!! Very special,you must have a strong Jupiter in your chart(I have exalted Jupiter in 6th but Retro),anyone who has strong dignified Jupiter has earned God´s grace in his prior births no doubt🙏
February 7, 2021 at 19:39
I agree! I found Buddhism first...which lead me towards Vedic astrology. That´s how it all came together for me... :)

I have Jupiter in Sagittarius , so, it´s own sign in my second house. In my Navamsa chart, it actually goes into Cancer - so exalted, in my 11th house conjunct the moon. Here´s hoping it turns out well!
February 7, 2021 at 20:18
Excellent! Jupiter Swakshetra in the 2nd house for Scorpio lagna is powerful no doubt,the Navamsha placement is more for spouse/marriage according to my teacher despite the endless confusion about that divisional chart...I´m assuming Moon exalted in Taurus so you have brought over some good karma´s no doubt!!
February 7, 2021 at 20:40
Yeah, that´s true, I basically see it as "your second part of life" chart...it does definitely show spouse, but it´s also checking into to see how your planets are behaving from 36/37 and onward..... It usually kicks in upon your second nodal return at 36
February 7, 2021 at 20:57
Yes that´s the general consensus yet my teacher almost never looked at it after the first few years of our association (maybe he knew marriage would never work for me!!??!!)
What he did look at was Dasa/bhukti/antardasa/sookshma dasa results and of course Saturn and Jupiter Gochara results.Also moon transits was a big topic,he was absolutely adamant about Chandra ashtama phase of the moon which I noticed has a major affect on some people that it´s uncanny...For example,Taurus moons have Saturn and Jupiter in thier 9th house from natal moon,Saturn in not considered favorable in the 9th but Jupiter definitely is,so mixed results until April 5th 2021.Then Jupiter enters aquarius, the 10th house from moon which is inauspicious, so the combination of these two transits can bring difficult time in life for Taurus moons unless they are running favorable Dasa/bhukti in thier chart.So when the moon enters Sagittarius every month those 2 and a quarter days will be highly unfavourable especially if the moon is very weak near the dark moon phase when the Chandra ashtama period occurs...
February 7, 2021 at 21:04
Interesting. Never really heard of it explained like that. But, Saturn is actually favorable in the 3rd house. He gains directional strength in the 3rd, 7th and 11th house. I have no planets in my 3rd so, this is the first transit since Saturn was in Cancer That he is NOT transiting over any of my natal planets at all. He´s been over all of my planets since he was in Leo, which was over a decade ago now.

He´s currently transiting in your 12th house. I wish you luck, ( I have that placement natally)
February 7, 2021 at 21:22
Ahh I see what your saying, but transits(Gochara) should be seen from natal Moon first and foremost than ascendant and Sun.The entire Maha Dasa bhukti system is based on the Natal Moon sign and nakshatra not the ascendant or sun etc...Also the dreaded Sade sati phase,Ashtama Sani(which is waaay worse imo)Guru ashtam,Kantaka sani,etc is all based on Moon position at birth as is Chandra ashtama phase that happens to everyone,everymonth.
You´ll be surprised to see how striking it is lookin at transits of Saturn and Jupiter from natal moon is,and the key is that Saturn is favorable from the 3rd,6th and 11th from natal moon generally speaking, and Jupiter is favorable from the 2nd,5th,7th,9th,11th from natal moon...Saturn in the 7th from natal moon is not considered favorable especially in regard to relationships,marriage, spouse as you can see from recent news about musician Marilyn Manson who has cancer moon most probably and Saturn entered his 7th last year...
February 7, 2021 at 22:31
Yes, I know. Was just talking about the transit by itself, with no planets being involved. But, I still pay close attention to transits by the ascendant sign. Not all planets are created equally in terms of ascendants, so, a malefic Mercury by ascendant house rulership should be be considered as well.

There is a lot to look at in this system, so much that it can become overwhelming.

you can´t forget the nakshatras also, they are a pivotal point to study.
February 7, 2021 at 22:50
Yes it´s a vast science, unbelievably intricate which is daunting to try to learn.I asked my teacher what the key was to making consistently accurate predictions for people and the answer was always "Devotion to God"🙏
February 7, 2021 at 22:54
very intricate and very detailed. Eerily accurate, why I like it, :4:

Yes, he´s absolutely right. Reverence to God, will always guide us along the correct path. :15:

How long have you been studying it?
February 7, 2021 at 23:09
About 25 years, I had a reading by a woman who was doin vedic readings who has written some books,I wasn´t that impressed but I knew it had something that western astrology didn´t have...Then during the proverbial dark night of the soul I met my teacher in 1999 so 21 years actively studying jyotish and living a more vedic spiritual lifestyle..
February 7, 2021 at 23:35
Was the woman Joni Patry by any chance? She says that "dark night of the soul" quite often and has written books.
February 8, 2021 at 00:00
Haha nah,it was Ronnie gale dryer..I actually had the session recorded on cassette it was that long ago 😁
February 8, 2021 at 00:11
I think out of all those YouTube guys,Ek dillip Kumar is close to what I was taught,and also maybe that English/Indian woman Loka I think??? Not sure of her name, most everyone else is either not too accurate or not very interesting to me
February 8, 2021 at 00:24
I know of him. I personally really enjoy Punneits Astrology, he takes a really unique way to explain things that I like a lot. You may be talking about Vanita Lenka? She´s the only Indian woman I watch. Other than that I like "exotic astrology" too. Astrosaxena and KRS is obvious, has the biggest vedic library on YT. . He definitely has become a knowledgeable astrologer
February 8, 2021 at 00:54
Some of them I´ve checked out,usually I watch when a Jupiter or Saturn transit is comin up and most dont get the predictions accurately or just too western style or something is lost in translation, Ek dillip tells it like it is and pulls no punches..I also had a reading by James Braha the astrologer who wrote that famous book(the book is real good for beginners),wasn´t what I was hoping for in a reading oh well..Robert Svoboda is someone I would like to talk to,his books are indispensable imo,especially Agohra and The Greatness of Saturn which is are both in my top ten books of all time.
February 8, 2021 at 02:56
I like Robert svoboda. Has some good information. Need to check Him out again, been awhile.. Thanks for reminding me!

February 8, 2021 at 03:30
Oh yeah definitely,his Aghora trilogy is stunningly amazing (even though I dont understand all of it!!),just read the first chapter of Agohra and you´ll be wondering if you have a vedic biography in your hands or the Necronomicon!!
February 8, 2021 at 03:46
Necronomicon :61:
February 8, 2021 at 21:45
Yes!! It was that shocking upon first reading it in my 30s that it opened my mind to so called miracles,they are child´s play to Siddha´s which my teachers spiritual lineage belonged to..These are highly evolved Maha yogi´s who have acquired the Ashta Siddhi´s, the 8 super natural abilities that are exceeding rare to have.
July 17, 2021 at 11:45
(Pisces) Sarvesvara.BVKS
Interesting discussion(s) in the introduction post. Happy to see.

Namaste @datta108, myself from India - learning Vedic astrology (jyotish).
July 17, 2021 at 14:38
(Capricorn) Datta108 » Sarvesvara.BVKS
Namaste brother, what part of India are you from and what sampradaya???
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »