I don´t relate to my Ascendant/Moon sign at all...

February 4, 2021 at 23:26 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Nell1399
I don´t relate to my Ascendant/Moon sign at all...
My Sun is in Taurus, with both my Moon and Ascendant in Aries. Being fairly new to Astrology, I´ve been looking at the overall traits of Aries (assertive, self-confidence, courage) and it is just the total opposite of who I am. My confidence is very low as I´ve struggled with social anxiety my whole life. If someone could explain this, that would be cool. :)
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 5, 2021 at 13:55
(Virgo) LotusStar
Hmm, might be because your chart ruler (Mars) is actually retrograde and in Libra. So instead of the assertive qualities of Aries, you actually get non-confrontational attitude of Libra who desires for peace & harmonious relationships. This position makes someone very uncomfortable with strife and conflict, especially being retrograde it´s even harder to express your drive or anger outwardly and in a direct manner. Libra is always considering others and trying to see things from anothers perspective, including themselves, they can even have a weak sense of identity.

Then your Venus is in the introverted home-loving sign Cancer in the 4th house, also a very sensitive sign.

Moon conjunct the ascendant also makes someone very sensitive.
February 5, 2021 at 14:00
(Taurus) nutelina
Moon and rising in Aries is a lot of hot emotions I´d say. A fire ascendant can be doubtful but will a version of the Sun sign, in your case Aries should feel like a little kid version of ´big´ Sun Aries. That´s how the relationship should feel like. But you would be really living the Aries way, whereas the Sun would be more distant but not less authoritative. They would be for you like similar but in a more parent-child kind of relationship.

If you have Moon in the first house it makes you even more prone to emotional outbursts which your take it easy Taurus Sun would like so much... That would make you shy.

It´s strange but I think it´s the fact that the Sun is exalted in Aries and the moon in Taurus :2: My emotions are pretty stable if my basic needs are met. Fire moons are much more prone to fighting or aggressive behaviour but more like a small dog who barks a lot then a big dog who has confidence. Just an analogy, in essence you should be a very emotional being, feeling like you have to fight a lot to get on in your life.

Of course Mercury square Neptune is making life more threatening than it really is perhaps.
February 6, 2021 at 14:22
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Hi Nell!
I´m a fellow Aries - Sun, Mars and Mercury in Aries. I have some of the listed traits but not others - and this is usually how it is for everyone. It´s also fun to note that when other people tell me I´m courageous, it´s usually in regard to things that felt natural to do. I mean - it didn´t take courage for me to do it any more than brushing my teeth - but others feel it would take courage for them to do it.

You have a whole different chart than I do though, so let´s look at it.

Your Aries Moon on the ASC is in a very vulnerable and sensitive spot. Moon on the ASC is like wearing your heart on your sleeve. That will change the quality of your Aries rising. Jupiter conjunct Moon exaggerates the sensitivity. And then you´ve got a Cancer IC - which says you are Very VERY sensitive, down deep. Venus on IC says you really like to keep things pleasant and on the surface.

Taurus takes up more of your first house than Aries and is considered your co-ASC - and this also adds another "flavor" to the mix. Taurus is nothing like Aries. It tends to be very mild-mannered - tends not to express emotions - enjoys keeping busy doing pleasant things.

You might relate to your Aries more as you mature in life and recognize how you express it uniquely. You could have thoughts or feelings that you express quickly and immediately. That would be Aries. You may not do anything about it, but your impulse may be to want to stand up for other people - defend them - even if in a nice way. You may find that you are honest when you do express your feelings. Or maybe that when someone says something negative about you, you quietly defend yourself in your mind, even if you don´t say anything. This would all be Aries.

Many Aries rising people like to be physically active. Does this fit you?

Nobody fits the description of their signs completely because the rest of the chart alters those descriptions. You have work at finding yourself in them - especially in cases like yours where there are other planets and positions that say the opposite about the sign of concern.

Anyone can lack confidence with Sun, Moon and ASc in any sign. The rest of the chart tells the whole story - the why. This is not a full reading, but I believe I´ve answered your question.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do professional western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. A New Class on How to Delineate a Chart begins March 27, 2021. For more info: https://thesoulmustsing.weeblysite.com/…. Sign up for my newsletter!
February 6, 2021 at 15:29
(Leo) Anni23
Well I won´t go into this as much as some of the other answers.. but I would say something general as is related to my chart too.. first of all I feel that my sun is to a large extent submerged by other more domiant planets, well not in terms of creativity but also perhaps in being overly confident and assertive (as you say is occurring in the reverse with you) but then I am also not entirely like my libra asc in being overly passive as everybody says librans are. So my feeling is that having quite different signs levels itself out. You have a very relaxed sun sign which isn´t as confidant and rash as your Aries moon and asc which want to get things done now without thinking about things too much. So maybe you can be both? But perhaps not always to the extremes that are noted for these signs

Also look to the placement of planets as that will tell you what business your planets are about!
February 7, 2021 at 17:56
(Taurus) Nell1399 » LotusStar
That´s really interesting, as I didn´t seem to think about my chart ruler, and your analysis is pretty much spot on. I do find it really difficult to put how I feel - especially anger - into words and actually tell someone how I really feel. When caught in the middle of conflict, the tears already begin from being so overwhelmed.
Thank you very much for looking at my chart. :)
February 7, 2021 at 18:04
(Taurus) Nell1399 » nutelina
Aha yes, emotional outbursts makes sense. This is very compelling, so thank you very much. Mercury square Neptune is something I will also definitely look at.
February 7, 2021 at 18:45
(Taurus) Nell1399 » JayJayAstrology
Wow, this is a lot, haha!
Well, to start off with, thank you for your explanation about what other people see - I definitely understand this now. Overall, your clarification is faultless and I´ve learned a lot from this. :)
I certainly see how Taurus may be considered my co-ASC, and the differences between Taurus and Aries is something that has always been apparent to me - being that my mum´s Sun is in Aries (my dad´s Sun is also in Aries, but I don´t really know him).
The general nature of Aries is something I absolutely want to incorporate into my life, which I´m hoping takes shape when I get older.
The statement about wanting to stand up for other people and to defend myself - which is mostly in my head - is so true!
Additionally, the volunteering work I do everyday is quite physically demanding, which I don´t mind at all. I´ve always wanted to do more to be physically fit, but my daily routine just doesn´t allow it at the moment. But that ideal life has always been appealing to me.
Once again, thank you so much for looking at my chart. You´ve included a lot of information on this topic. I shall unquestionably dive deeper into the key particulars you have mentioned. :)
February 7, 2021 at 19:01
(Taurus) Nell1399 » Anni23
It´s great to see other people recognize this problem with other signs, as it makes us delve deeper. Perhaps I´ve been looking far into the extremes of Aries to totally disregard it, because there is definitely some mild characteristics I can connect with (wanting to be independent, honesty, wanting to get things done). Thank you greatly for your observation. :)
February 7, 2021 at 21:25
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Nell1399
Good! Glad I could be of clarifying help!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »