Chart Ruler Placement

February 1, 2021 at 00:27 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) ClifftheCause
Chart Ruler Placement
Does anyone have experience reading chart ruler placement.

I am a Sagittarius ascendant so my chart ruler is Jupiter which is in my 8th house in Leo. My 8th house however is ruled by Cancer. My moon is also in Cancer in the 8th house

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 1, 2021 at 07:34
(Capricorn) Graham
First ... you have to explain what (in your opinion) is the role of the chart ruler ... since most people confuse the roles of the chart ruler, ascendant ruler, most elevated planet, strongest planet, sole dispositor - and the many other ways in which a particular planet can dominate our natal chart.

Hence, I have yet to find any astrologer, student or chart owner who has a clear idea of what they expect from their chart ruler - including myself.

The best definition that I can offer is that the ASCENDANT ruler is the planet which the ego identifies most strongly with. ... But, in my case, the most influential planet has been Uranus ... despite Merury in Scorpio/2nd being the ruler of my Virgo ascendant, and the driving force which led to a career as an accountant - which dominated my life until the age of 44+
February 1, 2021 at 10:57
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The eighth house relates to Scorpio which most but certainly not all here believe is ruled by ` :160:´ depending on how much power is given to :155:!
Less than 10 arc-minutes into Sagittarius means that Scorpio, (twelfth house immersion accounted for) is just as perceptibly influencing the Ascendant!
Pluto is vying for chart rulership over Jupiter, though you may have thought all is mellowed-out now!
February 1, 2021 at 15:50
(Aries) ClifftheCause » IIyyaarr13
Thank you! That really interesting to know.
February 1, 2021 at 16:18
(Aries) Jay Jay
Well, your case is complicated.

First of all, Jupiter is close enough to the 9th house to read it as a 9th house planet. Many astrologers do this and I\´m one of them. I usually read any planet as close as 3.5 degrees to the next house cusp as being in that next house. On the other hand, Jupiter is conjunct the South Node, even if out of sign, so the South Node could pull it back into the 8th house. But, since it is out of sign, I\´m more inclined to read it in the 9th. I\´d read it both ways and see which one you feel is right. However, you do have South Node, Chiron and Moon in the 8th house anyway, so you will still have much 8th house influence.

Your ASC is also right on the cusp, and so you actually have two ASC - and two chart rulers. You will feel both Sag and Scorpio - Pluto and Mars rule Scorpio and Jupiter rules Sag.

Without giving a complete reading, your chart is all about letting go of how your \"conditioning\" has defined you and embracing the real you - the you down deep inside who didn\´t get the support to develop.

You do like to nurture others and there is a sense of you being quite compassionate and understanding, but you may give too much. And in this life, the emphasis is on developing yourself, embracing independence and freedom from anyone defining you.

Jupiter in Leo and Aries Sun and Mercury is all about your following your own impulses and developing your own self-identity.

Pluto in the 12th is about letting go of Scorpio stuff - emotional baggage you no longer need. Pluto says you will evolve your emotional world - you will grow and change it. Moon in 8th says the same thing - you need to investigate your emotional world, unearth repressed feelings and transform them so that you can be the real you.

Mars in Gemini, 7th says - you will communicate your thoughts to others and build appropriate boundaries that protects your self-identity and independence. You need to stand up for yourself and say NO to giving to much. You have to decide where to draw the line - give when you really want to but say NO when you need to.

Jupiter close to the 9th cusp is a like Sagittarius barely being your ASC - Jupiter is crossing from 8th to 9th just like Scorpio is on the cusp of Sag. Yes, I have to place Jupiter in the 9th - you are here to grow and learn and develop yourself and you will enjoy the process, even if at times it is hard and you have to work through some anger, sadness or grief.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. A New Class on How to Delineate a Chart begins March 27, 2021. For more info: https://thesoulmustsing.weeblysite.com/…
February 2, 2021 at 06:51
(Aries) ClifftheCause » Jay Jay
Thank you so much that was really insightful! Thank you again!

I kind of feel it´s pretty much suppose to be in the 9th house because Nine is a pretty big theme with me.

My 5 core numerology numbers using the Pythagorean method

Life Path # 9
Destiny # 9
Personality # 9
Heart´s Desire # 9
Birthday # 22

Born on the 81st day of the year.

My part of fortune is in Virgo in my 9th house.

Thanks so much again. I had been wondering how much my Jupiter influenced my 9th house vs my 8th house.
February 2, 2021 at 09:41
(Aries) Jay Jay » ClifftheCause
You are welcome!
February 2, 2021 at 22:54
(Virgo) powerofuniverse » Graham
Hello ! Interesting topic.

Your personal definition of the ASC ruler is interesting :"The ASCENDANT ruler is the planet which the ego identifies most strongly with" but what do you mean saying the planet which the ego identifies most strongly with ? A bit like Sun ?

In my case, I´m Sagittarius Ascendant and my Jupiter is in Taurus 5th house. I relate a bit to this planet but not that much ..

And what´s its difference with the chart ruler ?
February 3, 2021 at 19:39
(Virgo) powerofuniverse » ClifftheCause
Thank you for the link! It actually talks about the Ascendant ruler which they name also chart ruler. So chart ruler and ascendant ruler are the same thing ... ?!
February 6, 2021 at 18:02
(Capricorn) Graham » powerofuniverse
I see the ego as a one-lifetime thing accompanying the reincarnating soul in its current lifetime ... and having the free will to choose to not follow the intended path natally-charted by that soul prior to incarnating.

When young ... and not yet having realised that peace-on-earth comes by following the soul-intended path of the natal chart ... the ego will identify with the ascendant ruler, because he/she is not conscious of having an eternal soul.

So ... Because Mercury rules my Virgo Ascendant, I identified with/took pride in my intellectual abilities when young ... but my soul has actually reincarnated in this lifetime to experience being a husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. Hence, I/my ego spent some 40 years pursuing a career that was materially rewarding and status-enhancing ... but, after death, my soul will judge the value of this lifetime solely upon what was learned through being a husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather.

Unfortunately though, I have yet to find anyone who has been able to explain to me what the difference is between the ascendant ruler and the chart ruler ... Hence, I suspect the term chart ruler was originally coined by an astrologer who wanted to make the ascendant ruler seem more significant than it actually is.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »