Transforming hards aspectsb- are we doomed or do we have a choice?

January 30, 2021 at 19:04 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) Zusanne
Transforming hards aspectsb- are we doomed or do we have a choice?
Hello,

what is your opinion and experience with overcoming hard aspects in your natal chart?

I really wonder how it works in astrology, because what we know in psychology is that people can change their attachment style or other patterns, and then how accurate is our natal chart?

I have sun, moon, mercury, saturn, uranus, neptune all square my ascendant. It should give me some communication problems, maybe anxiety, but it was true in my youth and then I improved. It scares me when I read very negative descriptions. Are squares staying with us forever? Do you have a feeling that you transformed something that is present in your chart?

Also I read something about vedic astrology and it sounds rude and very fatalistic. Is it really predicting so much? This is sad.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 31, 2021 at 13:25
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
I´m curious where you get your astrology information. Do you mind sharing?

Hard aspects bring life and joy to a chart because they make us grow. I actually think "hard" and "easy" aspects turns out to be unfortunate wording. I would much rather have hard aspects than easy aspects in my chart - if I were choosing. I have both.

Life is hard whether you have "hard" or "easy" aspects. The square and opposition will truly make you feel alive and growing - they make you work at the energies involved. If you didn´t have hard aspects, life would be a little dull and humdrum. And aspects are only a flow of energy between planets in signs and houses. It´s really the planets in signs and houses that create the core friction. So working on them also helps us grow and change.

The birth chart is where you left off in your past life. You can grow and change throughout your life. Those hard aspects are your friend in that.

There is a certain destiny in our charts. Where are planets are in house and sign are the energies we are working with. That won´t change. But all the planets and signs have positive and negative qualities. We can and should work toward moving from any negative quality to a positive one. That is a challenge for most of us - and - when we take up the challenge, life becomes meaningful and happier.

I really dislike hearing when people come across such negative interpretations. Don´t believe it. We are conscious beings and consciousness is bigger than our charts - and - very evolved people can even outgrow their charts to a big extend. The more evolved you are, the less the chart has power over you.

I love astrology because it helps me grow and change and become a more conscious person. There are plenty of astrologers who believe as I do.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. A New Class on How to Delineate a Chart begins March 27, 2021. For more info: https://thesoulmustsing.weeblysite.com/…. Sign up for my newsletter!
January 31, 2021 at 14:16
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » JayJayAstrology
Jay Jay, Very well explained. Perhaps it makes sense to cut and paste this into a new post regarding SQUARES and OPPOSITIONS. Then people can search and and see your perspective on the issue
Just a thought.....
January 31, 2021 at 14:24
(Sagittarius) MagentaP
Zussane, I had no idea about astrology at your age and I am sure it would have concerned me in my twenties/thirties to see something on paper that said ´your doomed´. I like Jay Jay´s perspective on it. It makes sense. I had the same questions about my hard aspects.

Well wishes.... :74: :17: :68:
January 31, 2021 at 14:28
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Jay Jay says it well...but I’ll add....

A limited number of symbols cannot describe something so complicated as a life.

I use astrology to explore tendencies and possibilities and not as a rigid predictor.

Squares are where the good stuff happens. The push -pull energy that can move things forward.

Established systems are good guides but there is no need to be trapped in a box of symbols.

As a musician I use the established scales to create music but I am always striving to go beyond....

You are a unique individual. You can define Yourself.
January 31, 2021 at 15:40
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Leo Moon
Love your reply, Leo Moon!
January 31, 2021 at 15:43
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » MagentaP
Thanks for your replies. Well, this theme of "hard" aspects comes up all the time and we just have to keep posting these positive outlook answers. Unfortunately the internet is full of this pessimistic and negative outlook on many aspects of astrology. It IS sad!
January 31, 2021 at 21:53
(Capricorn) Zusanne » JayJayAstrology
Thank you for your reply 😊 I found most information on youtube and I googled something. I don´t know if there are any reliable sources, things I find are quite confusing and contradicting.
February 1, 2021 at 14:20
(Pisces) fishscales
"I have sun, moon, mercury, saturn, uranus, neptune all square my ascendant. It should give me some communication problems, maybe anxiety, but it was true in my youth and then I improved."

I think you answered your own question here...

As you got older, you probably became more conscious of the problems the squares were creating...and sought to rectify them through self-observation, self control, and conscious decision making...

Our squares and oppositions will always be there, creating kind of a stumbling block for us...some people may give in to these influences, and let themselves be controlled by them...while some will learn to walk more carefully...and consciously. This is a good thing.

A runner forced to navigate an obstacle course (hard aspects) is going to become more adroit and agile than one who just runs back and forth along a clear path with no obstructions (trines, etc)...they may sacrifice some speed, but it´s a trade off...overall, I´d say the obstacle course runner is the more impressive athlete...

Hard aspects are real and lasting influences, but how we handle them is a matter of choice and willpower.

Lots of growth potential locked into those energetic bundles of conflict.
February 1, 2021 at 15:15
(Virgo) LotusStar
Every aspect has positive potentials, even the hard ones so I would try to learn of the positive potentials of that energy and focus on those.

I have a very tight aspect of Mars square Saturn. And many other squares too. It is hard, there is no denying its challenges. But, it has positives of endurance, patience and self-control, so, I try to remind myself I can chose the higher manifestations. Still some very bad things have happened that I didn´t have control over, and I still struggle with some of its negatives, but at least as much as I can be aware of the negatives and positives of the energy I can be more conscious of making better choices. Hard aspects are great teachers.
February 2, 2021 at 02:07
(Gemini) Luna lunera
Hola Zuzana, la carta no es estática, va evolucionando. La natal es la foto del cielo del día de tu nacimiento, así que los aspectos de la natal no están siempre activos. Se activan cuando por progresión, tránsitos etc.toca alguno de los puntos importantes de la carta. Y además enunca se activan igual, dependerá de todas las posiciones progresadas e incluso los tránsitos y otras técnicas de pronóstico. Además las dignidades planetarias pueden solucionar un aspecto tenso o incluso tensar uno suave.
No obstante, un aspecto tenso lo es, sin lugar a dudas, siempre queda el modo en que uno lo sobrellevar.
February 8, 2021 at 17:19
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » JayJayAstrology
"The more evolved you are, the less the chart has power over you."

Jay Jay, I like your approach to astrology and I really hope you are right. Until astrology appeared in my life I firmly believed that a lot dependes on me. Now I´m starting to have doubts. This sentence above meets perfectly my current needs. Thank you.
February 8, 2021 at 21:32
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » (dragonfly)
Glad my words spoke to you!
February 9, 2021 at 09:19
I probably I don´t have enough knowledge to read those charts,but when I checked navamsa chart that was supposed to predict life after 36 years old I couldnt find anything positive about myself there. Everything I saw was terrible. It´s irrational. Do you have any ideas about this method? Anyone had similar experience?

I was curious about it, but it didn´t bring anything that I can use for my good.
February 9, 2021 at 15:24
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Zusanne
I´ve dabbled in Vedic - enough to know that this is a very different system and way of thinking than western astrology, and it´s extremely difficult to compare them. But, in defense of Vedic, I think it depends upon the maturity and skill of the reader. Western astrologers can be very negative too. It comes from the deep past - in ancient and medieval times - when people saw the planets as givers of good and evil, and everything was interpreted in terms of good and bad. People felt more vulnerable to nature, sickness and all kinds of bad things happening and desperately want to be able to know what was good - and that the future would be good. They wanted some modicum of control. Of course, people of today also want to know similar things.

Astrology and astrologers have evolved in both systems, but not all astrologers. Some still cling to these very negative interpretations that have absolutely no positive message - as if we are completely destined to a bad or good life according to the stars. It isn´t true, but people still put this stuff on the internet and astrologers still give people bad news as if there´s no alternative interpretation.

It is unfortunate. Good for you for deciding it´s unreasonable. We DO have choices as to how we respond to planetary energy. There are positive and negative qualities in all the planets and signs - and it´s up to us how we utilize that energy. So, for anyone reading this - please know you are never doomed to one kind of life or outcome. There is much in life we don´t have any control over, but we have control over ourselves - what we think, feel, do and say - and how we respond to planetary energies. We are in charge of this and have some control over this.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
February 10, 2021 at 08:28
Thank you Jay Jay:)
February 11, 2021 at 07:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user windinthetrees, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
To say that any aspect is either good or bad, easy or hard, is sometimes a shortcut or sensationalism. Not that you can´t interpret this way, I think you can, but it is a shallow and not very helpful way to do it. I also prefer to use astrology as a helpful tool rather than a predictive tool. I like freedom. You can paint yourself into a little box with astrology or you can learn to understand yourself, your desires and motives better to help yourself grow.

Oppositions are generally about awareness. This can sometimes lead one to feel they lack something as they are so aware of it. Its like learning to walk or ride a bike though. As people get older they are almost always better had ´handling´ or expressing such types of aspects. I have Venus in Taurus (4th house) oppossed Saturn in Scorpio (9th/10th). Do I have love or not? It took many years to find the positive here, especially with Capricorn ruling my 12th house. One thing I was born with, then lost, then regained was a very quiet mind and the ability to be very present. Venus is on my nadir. This is the root of my being.

Squares have to do with safety and security. There is nothing wrong with that, and people tend to work harder at planets in square for these reasons. This can feel overwhelming sometimes especially for people around you. Depending of course on the planets and signs and houses. For example I have Jupiter in Cancer square Neptune in Libra. I have a tendency to be over kind and sometimes too easy going. I need to utilize my Virgo Moon for discernment as this square definitely doesn´t give me any. If I´m not careful I can let people walk all over me. Neptune is in my ninth house so this can be like a religion. "I must be nice, I must be nice, I must be nice." Animals like this and I am a dog magnet, but some people will take advantage.

Positively I actually am a very kind person and this gives me a dynamic to go out of my way sometimes for something or someone whereas a trine would feel lighter and I would not be so much the ´mother bear protecting her cubs´... I also have Mars in Cancer, and in a tight semi-square to Saturn in Scorpio (conjunct Midheaven). This is the most challenging thing in my chart (Mars in 5th/6th). Gives me great stamina. I think if people open their minds every aspect can be interpreted with something positive about it. I think media and the culture define too narrowly who and what we should be.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »