“Bad” houses (6th, 8th, 12th)

January 22, 2021 at 08:52 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) avlhp
“Bad” houses (6th, 8th, 12th)
https://imgur.com/a/rk5qpIF

Hi all! My chart is linked above.

I am learning more about astrology and the houses. I have been listening to the Astrology Podcast and am on the episode about the 12 houses and their meanings. The three experts in the show agree that the 6th, 8th and 12th houses are the “worst” or most negative of all of them. This has scared me a little because I have a lot of big energy going on in each!

I know logically many, if not most, people have planets placed in some or all of these houses and most people do not suffer especially bad luck or ill fortune, however with my 6th and 8th house being seemingly linked and these houses representing illness and death (amongst other things) I am a little concerned!

In addition, my sun and Jupiter are sextile in the 6th and 8th and so is my husbands, but the planets swapped around for his chart! And we both have Mars in the 8th! Does this mean anything?

Is anyone able to tell me these are especially concerning aspects or if I need not worry? How do you approach “bad” or ominous placements in your own chart?

Thanks all! I am in awe of how knowledgeable you all are!
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
January 23, 2021 at 13:28
(Pisces) fishscales
I have those houses pretty occupied in my chart as well.

Now, I think alot of the language used in older astrology texts is a bit archaic..."evil", etc...

However, I don´t think it´s a stretch at all to call those houses "difficult", "challenging", etc...especially the 8th and 12th, particularly with certain planets...it can be difficult to manage powerful forces when they are submerged, and somewhat beneath the line of plain sight...they must be brought into the light first...

Personally, it takes alot of work for me to be the kind of person I think I should be...it does not come naturally, or easily...astrologically speaking, I don´t just blame this on rough house placements, though I have no doubt that´s part of it.

Personal observation and will can do alot to mitigate negative aspects...
January 23, 2021 at 14:12
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
There are a lot of astrologers saying a lot of different things out there - and a lot of them aren´t true. I do not think these houses are the most negative at all. In fact, there are no positive and negative houses, signs or planets.

The houses are human areas of experience. That´s all.
The planets and signs all have positive and negative qualities and we do have some choice in using them positively or negatively. So in themselves, they are not either one. It´s how we use those energies.

I have Sun, Mars and Mercury in the 8th house - and there´s nothing about it that I find negative. In fact, it has been a wonderous exploration of my inner world which has included becoming an expert in dream interpretation, mind-body healing and astrology.

There are no bad or ominous placements - only bad responses - and we are responsible for that.

They call the 8th house the house of death only because it is where we work on ourselves and can transform ourselves. It is a kind of death, but it doesn´t mean physical death. 12th house is a house where we experience losses, but a good part of the time, they are losses we need - like changing a part of ourselves. Sometimes we lose a loved one - but that is part of life, isn´t it? We all die sometime. None of the houses indicate death. It doesn´t work that way.

The 6th house is the house of health - but if you have a planet there, it does not mean you will get ill. The 6th house is often the house where we see medical professionals - people with Sun in 6th for instance. It´s also the house of pets, mentors, uncles and daily routines. The houses have many meanings. Each house is an area of human experience we all share.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
January 23, 2021 at 19:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user goldenlion32, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I agree they can be quite challenging. I think their can be both positive and negative experiences. It depends on what phase of life you´re in and the karma you´re clearing at the time. I don´t have planets in the 12th and 8th house, but I would say I have soul contracts with Saturn in Cancer, Uranus in Cancer, Cancer Pluto, and Saturn in Pisces, Pisces individuals in the 8th house and Capricorn Mercury of course with Capricorn individuals.

I feel 4th house can be challenging as well if you have water there, or fire. Since it can represent military or arguments, debates, fights, etc in the home. Family dysfunction, conditioning, and bad relationship skills.
January 23, 2021 at 21:34
(Taurus) Iceblu333
I´m drunk... I could easily give you the answer but I will simply give you a hint...

Google "Karaka."

Specifically...

"Saturn Karaka Houses."

Google that if you are really interested.

Ttyl.
January 24, 2021 at 00:18
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Gauquelin pointed out that there is greatness in the cadent houses; Two of which are the sixth and the twelfth. Eighth house could just mean :178: and it´s :122: :123: :121: were busy in a past life!
January 24, 2021 at 01:33
(Virgo) avlhp
Thanks all for your replies, they are very helpful and interesting. Someone mentioned Saturn in the seventh showing the loss of a partner which is exactly one of the examples they used in the podcast, and I was worried my chart might reflect something similar, but now I am beginning to understand it is more complicated than that!

Much more learning to do!
January 24, 2021 at 04:37
(Leo) wilks222 » Iceblu333
Saturn in the 8th house is the worst placement of any planet in a house. Prove me wrong.
January 24, 2021 at 04:39
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » wilks222
Oh, no...

I FULLY understand Saturn in the 8th house...

No further comment...

Especially to people who say that Saturn is a "Good" planet...

It is true that everything happens for a reason... but damn...

I digress...
January 24, 2021 at 04:45
(Leo) wilks222 » Iceblu333
On a positive note, if i can live with Saturn in the 8th in a WATER sign I can pretty much handle anything at this point.

:75:
Laugher helps. Sigh
January 24, 2021 at 04:52
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » wilks222
Water signs are worse...

Emotional problems... what causes those problems...

Who knows...

Probably something traumatic.... rape... family problems... ect

I would never want to be a Scorpio... ill tell you that...

Imagine what has happened to a scorpio to make them extremely secretive and manipulative...

What had to happen to them to make them that way...

Or what makes any other sign the way they are...
January 24, 2021 at 10:15
(Aries) Nicower » IIyyaarr13
Past life is more likely abstract points than realistic (check north nodes, pluto, chiron if you want to see what are you getting from past life). Scorpio is negative sing, tho it is very unique from other signs.
January 24, 2021 at 10:19
(Aries) Nicower » wilks222
I could agree, but that isnt the aspect you can´t deal with. Ye! Watery sign could be sign of abuse, but my mother has it in libra, in conjunction with jupiter.
I believe she is getting evverything well enough and has not experienced something very bad, except she sometimes can´t control herself and do stupid things (even those, you couldn´t imagine).
January 24, 2021 at 10:21
(Aries) Nicower » Iceblu333
Oh yes. You got to feel me. :61: :4:

I has sis ASC scorpio, mercury, venus as well, mars in virgo...

I just can´t deal with her. She is so manipulative and we had a lot of raws in the past (sti has some, but we now control our energies better). Teeth in legs, arms in hair..I have experienced everything of that. :75:
January 24, 2021 at 12:02
(Taurus) theycallmetym » wilks222
oh fuck..saturn in aries in 8th house.. :61:
January 24, 2021 at 13:03
(Pisces) fishscales » Iceblu333
Eh Saturn in the 8th can be fine...

You just need to conquer your fear of death...

Not just physical death...ego death...

Much harder...

And much more frightening.
January 24, 2021 at 13:29
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » fishscales
8th house is supposed to be the house of your worst fears... I think...

Oh well, when saturn entered my 8th from moon I faced every one of my worst fears and didn´t realize it until it was over... I used to be a workaholic

But alot of things happened... i

Survived only by luck...

Loss of jobs
Lack of progress/ goals/ money to move ahead...
Suicide of best friend
Death of 2 other friends
A breakup...
Dogs getting hit by cars
Random layoffs
And...

Learning astrology...

More stuff happened that I forgot about
... or can´t remember at the moment...

Sigh...

Alot of shit happened... hopefully I won´t be here the next time it enters my 8th from moon.

I literally drunk called a friend and rambled about "maybe we´re in hell, we just don´t know it... or we got used to it..."

If I could blow up Saturn I would... and blow up Neptune as well...
January 24, 2021 at 13:33
Edited*
January 24, 2021 at 13:39
(Pisces) fishscales » Iceblu333
"Survived only by luck..."

I don´t believe in luck.

If you seem to have it, it´s because you earned it.

In essence, it´s not "dumb."

"If I could blow up Saturn I would... and blow up Neptune as well..."

Although this would majorly fuck things up, at least you´d be getting rid of my worst natal aspect :75:

If Saturn is karma, I wonder what the karma for destroying karma would be...
January 24, 2021 at 13:43
"If Saturn is karma, I wonder what the karma for destroying karma would be..."

No Karma at all...
January 24, 2021 at 16:34
(Capricorn) dreamtripp
There´s no such thing as "BAD" houses. Sorry but that´s pretty ignorant and superstitious, and wrong for an Astrologer to spread that kinda crap.

Think of your home - is there a bad area in your home? Sure there are parts of your home that you are more comfortable in, and parts that you may not be inclined to, but it is still part of your home. Your chart is not something separate from you, it is a blueprint of your soul. By saying a house is "BAD" is like saying part of a soul is "BAD" which is ridiculous, and for those of you ready to jump on me to say there are bad souls, my response is there are no bad souls. It is the LACK of soul that makes something bad.

Embrace the dirty dark basement as much as the bright, light spacious bedroom. That basement holds as much importance to your home, maybe even more.

It´s not helpful to think in black and white terms with Astrology anyway. Not everyone with, say "Saturn in the Eighth house" will experience and REACT the same way. I´ve said it before and I will say it again, there is ALWAYS free will. It´s not the cards you are dealt, it´s how you play your hand that determines if you win or lose.

FUCK destiny. Fuck Fate. Make your life. Your chart is only the ingredients you have at hand, how you choose to cook with it, is up to you.
January 24, 2021 at 16:41
(Gemini) beep
Depending on what kind of planets etc it will tell you whether you have bad hygiene or simply just immune af? Could be something so minimal w all these or literal upcoming death 💀

I have Jupiter, Neptune and Uranus? In my 6th house lol this explains my epilepsy and recent mental health diagnosis... IN MY OPINION
January 24, 2021 at 16:46
(Capricorn) dreamtripp » beep
Actually it does not.

Traditional Astrology assigns the first house as the physical body. Sixth house is HOW you take care of that body - how you SERVICE it.´

Sixth house is the house of physical service. Twelfth house is the house of spiritual service. If you think of those terms broadly you will see the many different aspects that fall under that umbrella.
January 24, 2021 at 17:41
(Gemini) beep » dreamtripp
6th house is not only how YOU SERVICE, but also involves your wellness and daily routine. It speaks about your HEALTH...professor.So yes your correct, it is most definetly how you service it and most importantly your HEALTH.
January 24, 2021 at 17:50
(Capricorn) dreamtripp » beep
Lol...Professor? Ok.

You don´t have to like what I say. I am just clarifying that in traditional astrology you don´t look to the sixth house FOR an illness, you look to the sixth house on how to HANDLE/TREAT an illness.

No need to be rude. ;)
January 24, 2021 at 18:11
(Gemini) beep » dreamtripp
:( not being rude, i find your input....helpful is all. But my research and resources says otherwise about traditional astrology in the 6th house. To each their own i guess
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »