Modern astrology vs Traditional astrology

January 19, 2021 at 21:18 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) jaderosez
Modern astrology vs Traditional astrology
Why does modern astrology work when there´s basically very little logic behind it? And it does work as after following traditional astrology for so long, I started realiing how profound modern astrology is. Who made the transpersonal (uranus, pluto, neptune) rule aqarius, scorpio and pisces.

Like I was watching podcasts saying how 12th house is not the same as neptune, or 8h house is not the same as pluto.

But it kind of is...

Pluto in aspect to your planets bring 8th house related things to that area of your life and neptune in aspect to your planet brings 12th house things.

It just does. But it makes no sense as to why? Trying to still figure out the logic behind all of these rulerships.

With a sun conjunct pluto, I only call my lovers daddy.....If I want them dead ;)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 19, 2021 at 22:08
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
There is logic. I think the houses are different than the signs, but there are correlations too. For instance, the 8th house is WHERE we DO personal inner work - transformational work. Scorpio is deep emotions - astral plane qualities - it is the quality of depth. Pluto is the energy of doing the evolving. But the house is where we do it, the sign says this is the quality of emotional depth and the planet is the energy behind it doing the work. The traditional ruler is Mars - and it still works too - in my mind. Mars is DOING something with passion.

The 12th house is isolation, aloneness - hospitals, prisons, temples. It´s the place where we let go of worldly activities and things.

Pisces is the quality of feeling isolated and not in the world.

Neptune is the energy behind the actual letting go of ego and other worldly thingns.

It´s quite subtle - the differences - but there are differences.

Your last statement makes no sense to me.

You have Sun, Moon, Pluto and Mercury in Sagittarius firmly in the 12th house. So you will DO things that are not so much in the every-day world. The 12th house means you will like spending time alone. You will commune with your Soul - and even if you aren´t spiritiual, you will be creative. The 12th house is where many artistic types spend time doing their art.

Because it is Sagittarius - you are supposed to let go of some of the qualities of Sagittarius. The 12th house says you are to "let go" of something. What are you letting go of? Sagittarius energy. What planets need to change - all the Sag planets in the 12th will need to evolve and change how they do that sign.

Because you also have Sag rising with planets conjunct the ASC - you are also asked to do Sagittarius in a new way.

So, you are letting go of some Sag qualities that don´t serve you while you embrace other Sag qualities that are more positive and serve you.

Your Saturn is in Pisces - so you have lifetimes of not feeling like you belong in the world. So, you have judged yourself or have been judged - and this is what you are evolving. your family has greatly defined who you are and you have lost the the feeling of being independent of that definition.

Sagittarius - seeks meaning in life - a philosophy to live by - and Mars on the ASC is about you erecting boundaries between yourself and others because you truly need to discover your own individual self-identity. You will define who you are from the inside out in this life.

This is not a complete reading, but I hope this helps clarify.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
January 20, 2021 at 01:28
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
You could do better delving into literature!
The three transformational planets were discovered 1781, 1846, and 1930, out-of-date Astrology books started slandering :199: first and then :159:& :160: later! In Babylon they are Anu, Ea, and Gaga, they were way ahead of the thirties!
The Arabian Lots of Traditional Astrology are one way of filling up a chart so there don´t seem to be large empty spaces in the Zodiac!
January 22, 2021 at 04:59
(Scorpio) Del
There is a correspondence but that doesn´t make them interchangeable. Pluto is the Surgeon, Scorpio could be surgery and the 8th house could be the operating room.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »