whole sign or placidus?

January 18, 2021 at 23:38 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) yashyyyy
whole sign or placidus?
hello just realised whole sign is even a thing. also which is more accurate whole sign or placidus system of astrology ?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 19, 2021 at 02:10
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
There are thousands here who are pro-whole-sign, Placidus has a bit more beauty than English Equal-house and Arab whole-sign, which those who still do charts by hand can attest to!
Equal-house and whole sign both put my natal :153: in the tenth house which may be more intense than my inner-self is actually.
Most people have kept their evaluation of my chart to themselves which is their prerogative!
Only whole-sign puts my :199:erschel in the first house, which has some veracity in that it is between Regulus and the Ascendant!
January 19, 2021 at 08:10
(Scorpio) srgeorgio
My whole sign placements resonate with me much more than placidus.
I don´t know the mathematics of placidus but whole sign makes more sense to me because the 12 houses are the homes of certain zodiac signs anyway like 1st house is the Aries type house etc so it seems natural that they will be lined up and the same size as the zodiac.

I read somewhere that placidus are the "accidental" houses
So you can look at placidus to try to explain big accidents that occur in your life.
Worth looking at both.
January 19, 2021 at 12:09
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Placidus is the house system used most by professionals because it is found to be more accurate. It is the default house system on this website.

However, there are plenty of professionals who use Koch, Porphoryr, Whole Sign, Equal House, etc. (there are many more) as well. I personally like Placidus, but I experiment with the others and find that I can give a good reading with any of them. The various house systems offer a slightly different perspective - and it most likely depends upon the reader´s style as to which one they like best. That´s why there are so many to choose from - some astrologer found it worked better for them.
January 23, 2021 at 07:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I prefer whole sign by far.i was always puzzled by my Sun placement in the 4th, the description is so absolutely not me. Whole sign puts her in my 5th, now we´re talking!!
January 23, 2021 at 11:19
(Taurus) nutelina » Green Garden
I had the same thing, my Sun stays in the 10th but the rest moves into the 9th which makes much more sense. I love to learn and my career is always waiting for me to learn something new...

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »