Competitiveness in natal chart

November 18, 2019 at 15:53 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Competitiveness in natal chart
I´d imagine it has something to do with Mars...

My Mars is in Taurus (in detriment) though I am extremely competitive.

I also have Mars in the 8th house...maybe that makes competition kind of a life and death thing for me. I´ve been told I get way too intense on family game night :61:

I also have Mars sextile sun...an opportunity to be competitive at heart?

Anyone else have any observations regarding competitiveness in natal chart?

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
November 18, 2019 at 17:13
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
As You say Fish, Mars is the fire in competition.

Having Mars in 1st in Libra has had a blunting effect to my need to compete with others, especially as I get older. I am more interested in bettering my own personal best.

I also think Pluto can be involved in competition.
It’s a heavier ,” I will grind my adversaries to dust and pound them into the ground and they will be forgotten to time” kind of competition.

It’s what gives Scorpio that scary reputation!
November 18, 2019 at 16:52
(Pisces) No_la
I forgot about house placements.

I can risk and say that - Mars in 8th house has more to say in that subject than Mars in Taurus.

I believe that people with Mars in 8th love a fight to the death :4: :3: :3:
November 18, 2019 at 16:34
(Pisces) No_la
I have often thought about this topic - thank you for starting this :61:. It must be :182: telepathy or something like this ...

It´s funny, because I have Mars in Taurus in 11th house and it´s - sorry - like pain in the ass for me. I don´t see myself as a competetive person, but ... I think I am seen as such quite often. Or maybe I´m just unaware of how competitive I am. I guess that aspects play a role here - I have Moon opposite Mars aspect and as I guess this is the reason why competition is for me tiresome/exhausting. I don´t need it in my life. I like to do things "on my own".

But I see people with Mars in Taurus as competitive. Just like these with Mars in Aries or Mars in Scorpio. But I guess they compete in a different way.

I wonder about Mars in Capricorn too...

And I am quite sure that people with Sun - Mars aspects tend to be competitive, maybe more than others.
November 18, 2019 at 16:23
(Pisces) fishscales » Yugen.
Debates yes... I have become alot less intellectually/ideologically competitive than I used to be... Although I still play devil´s advocate from time to time... But mainly with the purpose of expanding the conversation and getting everyone (including myself) out of their mental "box"...

Other aspects of competition...the "fun" kinds I guess you´d call them... Have increased for me though...
November 18, 2019 at 16:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Yugen., who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I have also Mars in Taurus in detriment, and elevated, but in the late years i have changed so much, not competitive at all, i dont like war and debates, i avoid them like the devil the incense. Debates are very tiring for me.
November 18, 2019 at 16:00
(Libra) leorising
I only competed in exams for jobs and for courses at university ,for other subjects I am peace and love.
Pluto in 3rd house square mars in 7th house, sun conjunction Pluto, North Node in Aries
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »