guilty pleasure show/movie?

January 5, 2022 at 20:33 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) rohini moon
guilty pleasure show/movie?
What are some for you? Now I don´t subscribe to TV, anything I go back and watch - should say rewatch - is old as fuck. Just how I roll, I guess.
Everyone has something they´d stumbled on, maybe in adolescence, maybe later... now in adulthood. Something that may take your mind off to a needed break in these bleak times. Either way...something old, or something new to you, but may be old.

What are some of those mindless shows or movies, you have gotten sucked into. Even the high minded intellectuals, you lofty folk..
I´d be interested to find out, someone like J**** secretly has penchant for old "Girls Next Door" episodes.

🤔 🤔

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
January 8, 2022 at 19:52
(Leo) cubic » fishscales
"Like everything else in life, sometimes it´s just the simple things. "

Yep.. the simple things in life indeed. Like... a woman with three tits. Hahahaha.
January 8, 2022 at 19:34
(Aries) nutelina » Wolfmoon
Indeed I loved the look of those models! So much better than CGI. But you can do other things... And at least in CGI, there´s virtually real interaction with light and the models (planes). :2:
YouTube
YouTube
January 8, 2022 at 12:40
(Pisces) fishscales » cubic
"That´s what it comes down to :61:"

It´s iconic. :61:

I bet everyone who saw that movie remembers where they were and who they were with when they saw that scene.

Like everything else in life, sometimes it´s just the simple things. :4:
January 8, 2022 at 08:46
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
The last one I watched had a goofy ,50s short film that I think was a promo for kitchen appliances.

This one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch/…

With a cheesy Roger Corman movie as the main film.
January 8, 2022 at 04:23
(Virgo) rohini moon » Leo Moon
oh crap, is it?!

used to watch that religiously .. Loved the 1950s commercials they´d give commentary over as well, before the movie
January 8, 2022 at 03:47
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I’ve been enjoying Mystery Science Theater 3000 recently.

It’s silly. Plus it’s free on YouTube.
January 7, 2022 at 21:30
(Capricorn) boyakasha » Petr9
I´m on season 4 already, I like Hawk´s character from start. Really suits him. I´m with team Lawrence!!!

QUIET! :61:
January 7, 2022 at 16:40
(Leo) cubic
Well I see others have bought up animations.. fine then. Some scenes from Duck Tales and Tale Spin I still go back to. Once in a while I watch a full episode.

The way Magica De Spell goes into a witchy delusion of grandeur rant culminating in a desire to take over the world at the beginning of "Send in the Clones" lol.

Don Carnage´s rants, The Joker´s madness in "Batman: TAS".. yeah, it´s just that I don´t consider them silly, lol. Silly is like "Chip & Dale".

But real talk.. I suppose "Dawson´s Creek" gave me a true escape recently, somebody recommended it to me, and boy did it completely disconnect me from our current times.
January 7, 2022 at 16:10
(Leo) cubic » OS*
I get it. I just like my prison movies to stay trashy, low in quality and made on a budget preferably less than 2-3 mil. USD. Super polished, multimillion dollar production, prime time one doesn´t sit well with the concept of a prison movie for me :2:
January 7, 2022 at 14:49
(Scorpio) OS* » cubic
Oh ok, I liked the concept of the storyline. Quite original compared to others I’ve seen.
January 7, 2022 at 13:04
(Leo) cubic » OS*
Oh.. but Prison Break was taking itself seriously.. it was like a prime time commersialization of the genre. I guess that´s when I quit watching that genre. The spirit of it was exposed to the masses, and no longer... pure.

Never seen a full episode of it, but the show seemed to revolve around that guy´s looks. Whatever other merits it has.. it´s just - I don´t know why would I want to watch a show where I´m supposed to salivate over the face or the physique of another man? I think they must have targeted it at least partially for the female and the gay crowd. That drive for commercial success..

What I used to watch were no-name B-ish grade prison movies on some strange pirate-ish cable TV that could only exist in Eastern Europe. I think they were playing pirated VHS tapes over the air sometimes too. Nothing else produces these visual artifacts after all. Same guy voicing everyone in the movie too. I actually read an article about the 3 most prominent pirate VHS dubbers from that time. One of them was an ex-prisoner. Perhaps that´s why the prisoner movies were voiced by somebody with a rather prominent drawl..
January 7, 2022 at 12:47
(Scorpio) OS* » cubic
Did you watch Prison Break ?

I really liked that series :2:
January 7, 2022 at 12:13
(Leo) cubic » fishscales
"3 titties in the hooouussse biotch"

That´s what it comes down to :61:

Was 5 or 6-7 max year old when I was taken to the cinema and saw it.

It´s one of those scenes that I have flashbacks to once in a while for no apparent reason. Don´t think my mom expected that scene. Don´t think anyone did :61:

As for the original topic: Gave it some thought but there isn´t anything from that time I go back to that qualifies. Animations only I guess? But the topic is about Movies/TV Shows and I´ve got Saturn in 1st. I used to watch mindless and repetitive high school movies / tv shows and prison movies late 90s / early 00s. Same basic plots over and over and over again..
January 6, 2022 at 11:03
(Pisces) fishscales » Rosincvist
Weird...I just watched that one a few hours before posting here.

Well if they really never aired that one in LA, I guess that´s another reason I´m glad I don´t live in Cali

Some beautiful places there, but the politics...no.
January 6, 2022 at 08:15
(Virgo) rohini moon » rohini moon
I also love Father Knows Best.

I had all seasons on DVD.

Robert Young and Billy Gray are favorites of mine.
January 6, 2022 at 08:02
(Aries) ram_goat » ram_goat
Recent guilty pleasures:

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Lost In Space (the original 1960´s series..)

Approximately 4 "Ip Man" movies

Guilty pleasures of years past:

Land of the Lost

Lost In Space (the newer one with Parker Posey)

Every Star Wars Movie made after the 80´s, including the cartoon series

The original "Dune"

1980´s Robotech

JJ Abrams Star Trek movies

Cold Mountain

"Emergency" (1970´s)

Magnum PI (the 1980´s one..)

January 6, 2022 at 06:53
(Aries) ram_goat » Wolfmoon
Really fun to look back on society, or perception of, where no one had a cell phone. No one had internet. You had to go outside and find the adventure in the world.

..and older brothers were all bullies..
January 6, 2022 at 06:52
Definitely have a different take on it 25 years later... it´s cool to watch movies not dominated by CGI.

2 words: Phoebe Cates..
January 6, 2022 at 06:51
Both..

Saw it in the theater when it was new. A perennial favorite.
January 6, 2022 at 06:11
(Taurus) Rosincvist » fishscales
Syndication doesn´t mean viewing the whole series from beginning to end, the episode of `Seinfeld´ where Japanese men were stuck in dresser drawers and Jerry charges at them with an ax! Never aired in Los Angeles! :40:. :89:. .:90:.:91:.:93:
January 6, 2022 at 04:04
(Virgo) rohini moon » Kisses
im afraid to even engage a topic with his name anymore, brings so many howlers.

wolf knows whats up..
January 6, 2022 at 03:00
(Scorpio) Kisses » rohini moon
He’s my birthday twin but all I want is his money 😭😭😭
January 6, 2022 at 02:51
(Virgo) rohini moon » Kisses
Gill Bates is uttara satan moon!

:47:
January 6, 2022 at 02:49
(Scorpio) Kisses » rohini moon
Both men who played Humbert Humbert in Lolita had/have Uttara Bhadrapada Moon

And Jeffrey Epstein and Bill Gates were/are also both Uttara Bhadrapada Moons
January 6, 2022 at 02:44
(Scorpio) OS* » rohini moon
:22:

Damn, impressive. Vedic astrology is so good!
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »