Cooking/Baking Tips & Tricks!

June 7, 2021 at 23:42 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
Cooking/Baking Tips & Tricks!
Anyone have any? I´m always trying to get creative in the kitchen. Could be anything, from simple to extravagant..

For instance I just got some organic eggplant, There´s a plethora of ways to make eggplant.. but I had never tried any.. so I just went simple, baked them in the oven with some coconut oil, sprinkled lightly some salt and pepper.. sounds basic enough, but I never had it made that way, haha.

You got any ways of making your favorite dishes or snacks? Maybe you´ll give me and others some fun ideas..

:44:

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
June 9, 2021 at 18:16
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » ram_goat
I think that was their way of trying to get creative with their food....

But they took it to vile levels :61:

Steak pudding... Spam and frosting lolll
June 9, 2021 at 18:09
(Aries) ram_goat » RohiniMoon
pluto cancer had an unhealthy love of jello, spam, canned vegetables, pineapple..

also very rigid ideas about nutrition and meal structure.. (milk as a beverage! Yuck!)

the limitations of their time show in small ways like that.

even pluto in gemini- for as "hip" as that era was, seems laughably old fashioned today.

I don´t miss my grandparent´s cooking- it was terrible.. boring white mid-century american food.
June 9, 2021 at 18:05
love those generational cooking highlights... I got lost in looking those over a few months back...

The 70s and 80s were gnarley too...

80s is where is started losing its luster, and just became plastic and lazy.. much like the quality of the food
June 9, 2021 at 17:48
(Aries) ram_goat » RohiniMoon
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ariannareb…

pluto cancer generation´s cooking..
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 9, 2021 at 17:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user erikamaria, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I just thought of easy food combo´s. When I fry bacon I´ll add maple syrup towards the end and when I take the bacon out of the pan I´ll add cayenne on top! So it´s just maple spicy bacon and it´s soooooo good! Super easy and it tastes really good if you like a little spice. Also if you´ve got rice (jasmine rice is best for this) I put soy or tamari sauce on rice and add sriracha sauce, it´s so good.
June 9, 2021 at 07:30
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
bing thanks you all too.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 9, 2021 at 07:23
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » Travelguy35
:15: appreciate the dressing recipes.. thank you :1:
June 9, 2021 at 01:30
(Scorpio) OctoberScorpio
Grapefruit, preferably the pink one. Cut in half, then slit each membrane and circle with the knife around the edge of the albedo. Add honey on top, dive in with a spoon. Delicious, I could eat this everyday.
June 8, 2021 at 20:39
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » erikamaria
I love Brussel sprouts too. I eat them raw.. that´s the the thing.. baking or steaming veggies may taste yummy, but they lose all of their nutritional value when not just taken raw. So I try to limit that...

I am eating them -for- my health, after all.. :4:

Cauliflower is another favorite veggie.. :15:
June 8, 2021 at 20:32
(Pisces) fishscales » RohiniMoon
"unfortunately she passed away before I cared enough to ask her for good recipes"

Exactly what happened to me with my grandmother.

I am trying to reconstruct some of the things she made retroactively, now that I have a little bit more general cooking knowledge...it will never be as good though.
June 8, 2021 at 16:22
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » RohiniMoon
My grandmother was born and raised in Italy. .moved here in the 50s...

great authentic Italian food she used to make..unfortunately she passed away before I cared enough to ask her for good recipes
June 8, 2021 at 16:03
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » fishscales
I eat raw garlic for medicinal purposes.

Great natural antibiotic.

Knocks out those infections, if you start usuing it immediately upon feeling under the weather.

Also, if you ever have a sore throat, leave the garlic in your mouth, letting it touch your throat until finished...that sore throat will be gone in minutes.
June 8, 2021 at 13:20
(Scorpio) Travelguy35
Making your own salad dressing is super simple.

As a base/simple recipe (just three ingredients are needed), just olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some dijon mustard works. You can experiment with different types of vinegar and add in different types of spices and herbs. I even get a nice tahini/greek yogurt/honey mix with other ingredients like olive oil into the mix for a salad dressing. (tahini can be made at home too).

Same with pasta sauce, very easy to make. Just get some fresh tomatoes, basil, oregano, and whatever else you like. I like to finely chop sweet peppers mushrooms and onions to add in, along with even a little bit of spicy stuff like chili powder. I like to add chipotle tabasco sauce sometimes too for an extra kick or other spicy peppers.

I like a leek pie. Unroll a homemade or store-bought pie crust and unroll in a round baking pan. Finally chopped sauteed leaks (even some boiled potatoes, goat cheese, black pepper, and eggs on top of the pie crust, bake.

For a nice smoothie - green apples, kale and/or spinach, pineapple, ginger (add an amount suitable to your tastes), lime and water, puree into a watery blend.

Really, just experiment.
June 8, 2021 at 12:27
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
"makes for evil smelling piss later, too and.."

Yes my son is fascinated by this...

"added plus.. it will glow under black light!"

This I did not know..or I knew it at some point and forgot about it...

Now...do I tell the kid about that or not...

I think it would be bad, no-fun parenting not to :61:
June 8, 2021 at 10:23
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
we need a greek food thread..
June 8, 2021 at 10:20
Sautéed asparagus too. Gotta make sure it still has some snap to it when it´s done.

makes for evil smelling piss later, too and..

added plus.. it will glow under black light!
June 8, 2021 at 09:55
(Pisces) fishscales » RohiniMoon
I make avocado dressings all summer. Don´t know any of those recipes off the top of my head though. I´ll look one up in my "database" :61:

They´re usually pretty simple... Avocado, cilantro, lime, some type of oil or cream base...

My wife has some cilantro coming up in the garden, so the time is near...
June 8, 2021 at 09:51
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
I´m all about eating that sweet, caramelized garlic with dinner. They´re like candy. Everyone else in the family thinks I´m nuts, so they´re always all mine. :4:

I´ll also take the ones that have been simmering in my Greek stew for a while. My favorite part.

Hell, I´ll even eat a raw clove now and then. My grandfather used to do that with dinner...especially when we were having lentil soup. Actually went together very well.

Vampires beware... :81:
June 8, 2021 at 09:46
(Pisces) fishscales » erikamaria
I love Brussels sprouts too.

Baked, or sautéed like ram was talking about.

Sautéed asparagus too. Gotta make sure it still has some snap to it when it´s done.

My go-to vegetable when I´m searing some steaks in the cast iron...
June 8, 2021 at 07:20
(Aries) ram_goat » erikamaria
I love Brussels sprouts...

oh another one.. use the cast iron skillet.. a little oil and some salt..
and roast whole garlic cloves in that. CI is perfect because it can handle the heat this requires. cook until the outside of the garlic clove is scorched, peel off the outer peel, and either eat the garlic directly or spread on toast. The garlic will be soft (spreadable) and sweet.

also great on avocado toast.
June 8, 2021 at 06:17
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user erikamaria, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
When I need a healthy snack I bake broccoli. I just add some sea salt and olive oil on top and bake it in the oven, it´s so good and tastes so much better than when it´s steamed. You can also do it with cauliflower and add spices like curry powder and cayenne. It also works for Brussel sprouts. People always complain about Brussel sprouts but they´re actually super yummy when they´re baked.
June 8, 2021 at 05:40
"grind whole pepper in the mill."

Yes, I have this. Tastes so much different than ground pepper
June 8, 2021 at 05:33
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » fishscales
Thanks for the dressing recipe :108: I will try it soon.. I love lotta pepper too

If you come up with anymore dressing recipes ..let me know.. I love salads. Fancy salads.

I also love avocados... anything involving them works for me :32:

I also love sushi..

Last year I was started making my own homemade sushi.. but they weren´t coming out as pristine as the professionals do it..all of mine we´re coming out too fat
June 8, 2021 at 04:59
(Pisces) fishscales
Man I am beat...

Will catch up with this thread tomorrow...good idea Ro..

Maybe you can post the tetrazzini recipe :34:
June 8, 2021 at 04:51
well the plastic ones do work, I just don´t like buying them twice..

so I get a nice one, once..

plastic ones wear out or get weird after a while. but I notice now
that they also include a plastic one integrated into the peppercorn container
many times, so like the pump bottle windex comes it, use it, throw it out, get another.. or use it for a while, then toss it.

I got mine back when the built-in grinders were not common.
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »