Project on Gen Z Astrologers

May 2, 2021 at 11:50 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) celestialcaptain
Project on Gen Z Astrologers
Hi there!

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting, but we´ll give it a go!

I´m currently doing a college project on my generation and the sudden influx of young people interested in astrology and I´m looking to learn about peoples experiences for the piece!

If you are Gen Z (or not even!), I´d love to learn more about why you got into astrology? (what changed in your life and your influences etc)

Also it would be great to hear what the benefits have been to your life and maybe some of the common misconceptions you´ve encountered (what astrology can and won´t do for you).

If you´ve got any tips or resources that you think I should check out that would be much appreciated too!

I´d love to potentially PM some of you as well and maybe interview you further if anyone would be willing because I´m really intrigued to hear about your experiences and insights as an outsider and I´m hoping to create a wider editorial on the topic.

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
May 2, 2021 at 14:10
(Virgo) nataliacytrus
I´d like to help, you can pm me ✨
May 2, 2021 at 14:07
(Aries) Jay Jay » leorising
Just curious how Sagittarius is connected with 4th house - a crab slave?
May 2, 2021 at 13:39
(Aries) Jay Jay
What a great project! I would be very interested in learning what you find out. I suspect there are a lot of factors.

One thing I´ve wondered - the Pluto in Sagittarius generation - suggests that this generation is looking for meaning in life - to do something personally meaningful. This is a Sag theme. Also, being judged is a Sag theme - suggesting that some of the Pluto in Sag people have been judged and condemned in past lives. Being judged harshly is a very difficult thing to overcome. It makes a person fearful to express themselves - yet - they absolutely have a need to do so.

So, with so many crises on the horizon - climate change, wars, economic downturns, social unrest - etc - it may not be surprising that people of all generations want answers, and they want them now. There is undertainty in the air - and human beings generally want to have a sense of security. Obviously, the mainstream isn´t solving a lot of problems - and over the years, more and more people are looking at alternatives to their questions.

Of course, not everyone interested in astrology belongs to the Sag generation - but this generation is now coming into adulthood and a lot of them are looking for the best path forward. They are optimistic by nature and feel a need to make their mark.

I just looked up how Gen Z ages fit with Pluto generations. According to Wikipedia - we are talking mid-1990s - 2010. On Jan 1, 1995, Pluto is at 29 degrees Scorpio - it retrogrades into Scorpio after touching into Sagittarius and then finally goes out of Scorpio November, 1995. So the tail end of the Pluto in Scorpio generation may be included. But it´s mostly Pluto in Sagittarius people in Gen Z.

Pluto in Scorpio people would naturally be interested in things like psychology, metaphysics, dreams, tarot and astrology. They also have a directive to deal with fear and other emotional issues - and to work on transforming themselves - the definition of Scorpio. So, there is a natural affinity with anything metaphysical.

Astrology has been enjoying a Renaissance since the 1970s and the internet has spurred on much more interest over the years. The turn of the century 1900´s - was when certain humanistic writers ushered in modern astrology. There have been different times in history when it has been popular and unpopular. Anyway - I would theorize that when times are tough and people are in crisis - it makes sense for people to want answers that are not forthcoming. We want assurances that everything will be okay and we´re doing everything we can to make it okay.

Just some thoughts. Could be there are many other reasons. Please keep us informed!

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »