universe

January 9, 2021 at 20:28 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) scorpiangel
universe
do you belive that our fate is already outlined? sometimes i do and others i belive that we make our own destiny...

edit: thanks for the replys, i really didn´t expect to receive so many. i´m grateful for all the examples and points of view, you taught me a lot.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 13, 2021 at 07:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I reflected couple of days on this topic, so this is an upgrade:

I have mistaken Free will and freedom to act (Free action).
Free will is actually our freedom to "wish" and imagine whatever we like.

Human has a ability to manifest reality, maybe animal and other forms has it too, but I can only testify for human, so what we wish, image...we seed in our Being (not just in brain, in mental body, but in feelings and all), grows and eventually becomes our reality.

So, our contextual choices and freedom of momentary actions are not the real, important fields of our freedom but our ability to gradually create outlines of our reality. We are free to chose between coffee and tea in given moment but if I have previously imagine myself healthy, this choice will be according to that.

We manifest all the time, but we do not believe in that, so our ability to manifest is used by politicians, marketing corporations, religious organizations, tradition and what is happening here is that they are using our ability to manifest thing for them, meaning that we (our ability to manifest, our field of manifestation) are actually hijacked...

Under constant attack of their fantasies we are unable to use ourselves for manifesting what is good for us and what we need to be happier, and trapped in that interpersonal fantasy (politic, religion, tradition, marketing...) they created for us, we are developing impression that there is a firm destiny for us.

So, my latest inner findings are that there is a destiny but it is dynamic and depends on our will. We create our destiny gradually but not the path and ways of its fulfillment...

If I´m, by the chance, in some depression but start to imagine myself, with all my being (in emotions, mentally...) happy, and avoid creating the paths to that state and expectations of any kind, I will eventually get there and that will be my destiny that needs time to manifest since world is a large system and all needs to synchronize...
January 13, 2021 at 02:30
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
:27: Return Charts, Progressions charts, harmonic charts and the multitude of Minor Planets means opportunities to escape a simply bad chart!
Staying too busy to dwell on the inevitable is how my next-of-kin seemed to skip-out of hellish destiny! :25:
January 12, 2021 at 22:38
(Aries) Wolfmoon
I believe there is a purpose and a journey to your life with lessons to be learned. Fated lessons lets say. Your life is filled with choice. You can choose to follow your path or go against it. I´ve found if you go against it then life has a way of putting you back on track.

Example: Me and My ex. We knew each other for over 10 years. Plenty of times she would she try it on with me and every time I would deny. Just not the sort of woman I would go for. Looking back at that time in my life I became incredibly lonely which was strange for me. Suddenly woman weren´t as interested in me and all my charm went no where. One day at the tip of my darkness I literally bumped into my ex in the street. We hooked up and life seemed to magically appear as normal again. That relationship turned sour and we parted ways but it was a fated relationship that needed to happen for whatever purpose.

Ultimately we´re here to learn our lessons in this life so we don´t have to try and re-learn them in the next.

I think everyday we´re provided with opportunities. It´s up to us to decide to act on that opportunity or not. If we don´t and it´s meant to be, life will make it happen.

About those who´re making their own destiny... who´s to say it´s their choice? Maybe they´re destined to believe they lived their life as their own? Maybe they were gifted this time to live an easier life of choice?

I learned over the course of last year... just go with it. The river of life will take you to where you´re meant to be. No matter who you are, there will always be turbulent waters, those are the choices we have to make to ensure we get through them ok.

Life is the Journey.
January 10, 2021 at 18:17
(Virgo) LotusStar
I tend to believe certain things are fated, but we have different paths that can take us there, depending on choices we make, the easy way or the hard way.

Otherwise, is what were calling Fate not just the consequences of our actions and cause and effect / karma ?

However, someone once told me, either everything is fated or nothing is, you can´t have it both ways. There are too many variables otherwise.
January 10, 2021 at 14:27
(Pisces) fishscales » srgeorgio
"I would just emphasise that when you make statements like "where is your free will now?" I would answer: it´s still there, you still have the ability to choose."

Yes, you are correct here. I guess my statement there could be interpreted that I deny the existence of free will entirely, which isn´t the case. We just have alot less of it than many people think, the conundrum being that our current levels of free will have been limited by the consequences of previous actions... which were born of our free will itself.

Sounds like a paradox, but it really isn´t...

At any rate, I think of the whole setup as a way of accepting personal responsibility for our circumstances, and not blaming the outside world, other people, "the universe", "bad luck", etc...and that that knowledge can lead us to make better decisions...or make better use of the free will we do have... :44:
January 10, 2021 at 14:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » srgeorgio
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Free will and choice are different things.

Choice is taking a place on a crosroad of paths, that are equally not according to our free will.
If I´m about to run or stay when tiger is chasing me, I´m facing a choice in a situation that is absolutly not on my free will. I would never wanted to get myself in that position in a first place. Whatever you do in that situation will be reflection of some previous "choices" you made the same way (under pressure of circumstances that you never asked for). If you previously trained to deal with wild tiger you would probably stay and use your skills if not you would run.
When we make a choice, problem is in our illusion that we choosed the path, but what really happened is that we just recognized it.
Free will is something else. When you have a free will, you do not need a choice at all, since you are able to create your reality as you want in a split second, you would be able to shape shift, change color, live as long as you please, be rich, be poor, be a dog and than human again...that is a free will, everything else is a choice that is always conditioned by a bunch of previously set parametres and therefore will be one and only, so again beyond our control...so not ours.

We are free.
January 10, 2021 at 14:15
(Scorpio) srgeorgio » fishscales
Yes so we have free will but it is very limited by all sorts of factors, some of which you mentioned.
Totally agree with that.

I would just emphasise that when you make statements like "where is your free will now?" I would answer: it´s still there, you still have the ability to choose. But I can see now that you were not denying the existance of free will.

It is becoming such a common opinion these days I always leap on it to disagree when I see it. In this case I was too hastey
January 10, 2021 at 14:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Plamen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I do believe that our soul has a path in this life. Because we have to see people, go places, work a certain kind of job which will help us evolve. I believe that most of our path is outlined. Free-will is for the matured souls, they`ve learned their lesson, they know how to deal with Nature`s laws. Only for the immature, killers, those who do bad things, immoral life, only to them i believe that they have no free-will and no matter how fast they run, karma will get them in this or the next life. I do believe in the next i will say from personal experience:
- In this life im "programmed" to be a teacher. This is my soul path. My numbers say it, my chart, my inner wantings and in that sphere i feel good. Since i know my fate from such small age, i can say that everything in my life is smooth. The doors are open for me and life is sweet. Ofcourse fate met me with certain type of relationships who shaked me hard and from "i dont know what to do", i now know what to do. Everybody is a lesson for us, ofcourse if you know who/ what is for you and who is a seducer trying to take you off "your path programmed by Above" ( As the "Temptation of Christ" story ).
My cousin is ment to be a psychologist and untill she studied in that sphere she was okay, but then the "devil seduced her" and she droped out and now she just goes from that job to another; from that guy to another. She is quite in a bad place, because she is not in her path anymore, destined for only her.
My colleague broke up with her karmic boyfriend and since then she entered into a deppresed, lonely stage, as if she did something really wrong. She entered into some relationship wich had nothing to do with her, nor her path and after some time she again return to her karmic boyfriend. Some things are just ment to be and there is no free will, no matter how hard you try.

I, as a future teacher, have to give such knowledge that nobody can do it better than me. Those kids who are ment to be with me will have another type of mindset, but if im not in their path, they will end up with a teacher who wont evolve them the way i can.
My cousin if she countinue to practice psychology, she may end up helping the families to build up again and curing soo much depressed people, who, if she isnt there they will suicide.
We have free will, but in much less % in our life. Karma must be paid. :2:
:2:
January 10, 2021 at 13:38
(Pisces) fishscales » srgeorgio
"Would you tell your children that they have no free will and that they are not responsible for any of their actions?"

It seems as though you did not understand the post.

Our current circumstances were created by our own decisions (free will) throughout all of our previous existences, therefore, we do create our own destiny.

Along with being able to exercise free will, we are also responsible for the consequences of the actions which were born out of that free will.

We cannot simply will karma away.

So, the misuse of free will in past lives is going to limit the amount of free will we have available to us in our current life, because all debts must be paid, regardless of whether it aligns with our personal will or not.
January 10, 2021 at 13:23
(Scorpio) srgeorgio » fishscales
Your free will is in your ability to choose.
It´s no good acting like we don´t have free will so why would we believe this?

Would you tell your children that they have no free will and that they are not responsible for any of their actions?
Of course almost everyone wouldn´t do this because it wouldn´t end well.

The fact that free will is a useful and absolutely necessary concept suggests to me that it is more true and more than a mere illusion.

Free will denial is nihilistic to me.
January 10, 2021 at 13:08
(Pisces) fishscales
I think it´s a mixture of both.

We have all had many previous existences here on Earth, and accumulated alot of karma in the process. As such, our free will is bound up in the knots of that karma. Although we still have a small amount to work with...

At the same time, our karma was created by us...so yes, we do create our own destiny, and it was created through our own free will.

The free will, "I am the captain of my soul" people don´t like this type of thinking, but I always have to ask them...

Did you choose who your parents are?

Where you were born?

What race you are?

The health issues that will befall you?

The financial circumstances you were born into?

Are you going to decide when, where, and how you die?

Where is your free will now...?

We are all at the mercy of our past actions; or if you prefer, our own previously exercised free will.

There are ways around this, but that´s a different conversation.

Simply desiring something is not going to cut it though...
January 10, 2021 at 12:48
(Scorpio) srgeorgio
No I don´t believe in predetermined certain fate.
Most people live lives that are so boring they can feel it isn´t right in their bones.
I call this living in discord (as opposed to harmony).
I believe what is harmonious to us is determined at birth and can be read in a natal chart but that we can choose whether to live according to this harmony or not.
January 10, 2021 at 09:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Between yes and no I would say Yes, I believe that our fate is already outlined. :15:
We only have an illusion of choice because path to every our choice is paved by some previous experiences and choices that we also could not avoid...and this fine tread is leading us to our own birth which was also not our choice.

Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »