Anyone else have a harsh Saturn placement?

November 9, 2020 at 02:21 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) wilks222
Anyone else have a harsh Saturn placement?
8th house Saturn is probably one of the worst placements. Does anyone else have this? Any advice??

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
January 2, 2021 at 19:33
(Virgo) LotusStar
I have Saturn in the 2nd house square my Sun and Mars.. really hard on self esteem, gives low self esteem. Saturn is a harsh critic and it feels like having that critic constantly on your shoulder, watching your every move, just waiting for you to screw up so he can attack you in some way and punish you. Oh look, I´m describing my father :/ Yes, grew up in this kind of environment with this kind of parent. Very strict, very negative, very harsh.

Its honestly messed me up a little, have done a lot of inner work to work through the issue that´s left me with.

Earning money is hard with this placement too, working tough jobs and not getting paid your worth.

Ok great, I´m responsible with money. Woo.

But, I think you have to accept the limitations and boundaries Saturn leaves you with and work with it. It´s a reality you can´t escape. Saturn asks you take seriously the place it is in, have some discipline and self control, or suffer the consequences. It will always hold you accountable in some way. With 8th house placement, be responsible and accountable with your handling of other people´s ressources or with sexual energy, all 8 house matters.

If we never had to face consequences we wouldn´t learn, and just become or stay aholes forevers. Someone´s gotta lay down the law at some point, so I get his function to some extent.
January 2, 2021 at 19:24
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Travelguy35
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Saturn in the 3rd is rather unpleasant (regardless of the squares and oppositions); my brain feels sluggish and slow (conjunct bloody Sun) and yet the other placements ( :153: :156: :191: 4th / 10th house Moon Uranus) are quite the opposite - like being two people (probably 3 :4:). Still, wouldn´t fancy having the bugger in 8th or 12th.
January 2, 2021 at 17:14
(Leo) wilks222 » sum_mer
Thank you for your feedback. That’s very useful.

I’m constantly thinking about work/career. I worry about it all the time. During the course of my life I have inadvertently surrounded myself with successful, career focused people. That definitely adds an extra layer of pressure to success.

My career as of 2015 has been a general theme of ‘progress’ and then ‘setback’ again and again. I have definitely had to learn patience, which is not fun for an Aries rising!
I now know how to be patient even though I do not like being patient — especially when it comes to career.

Even though I’ve been extremely lucky in various parts of my life - career is probably been most unlucky. Although, some people would disagree with that.
November 30, 2020 at 13:39
(Gemini) Neon_Mage
Reporting in. :157: in 8th/9th depending on house system, in the middle of a T-square to :160: and both luminaries. It´s definitely quite something, lemme tell ya. Best advice I can give is to just try to stay cool and not worry about it too much, ´cause there really ain´t much one can do about good ol´ Saturn.
November 30, 2020 at 13:15
(Sagittarius) Ioaanaa08
My sister has saturn in her 8th house aquarius ,her saturn is in conjunction with her moon and both are create a good aspect to jupiter in her 4th house .
Lesson that she had to learn till now is being around people ,she hates it gets anxious but the last 3 years she had to work around thousands of people cuz she is working in a hotel so she had to talk with them . She is more used to it now but she still has "traumas" how she calls it (she overexagerate things too haha ) her entire charts has only one bad aspect between jupiter and neptune but that´s it . We didn´t had a easy life but she is really innocent and fun to be around ,no sign of becoming old at all ,she even looks like someone who is 16 when she is 28 now ✌️ hope this saturn return will be okey for her I´ll be here to help since i just went through mine not knowing what´s happening .
November 11, 2020 at 15:20
(Leo) astr0logy-freak
Aw, man.

Saturn is in my first house....
November 11, 2020 at 13:51
(Taurus) TaylorS1986 » fishscales
People definitely consider me responsible and serious! I´m generally a pretty well-planned person and I always look into things thoroughly beforehand and try to be prepared.
November 11, 2020 at 12:35
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I have a friend who has Saturn in Sag in the 8th house along with Uranus, Mercury, and Venus I think it was. He´s pretty much had a rough life with Taurus A.C. so far. Never had any stable grounding for long with shelter, clothing, food, education, or medicine. Jobs are also a mess.
November 11, 2020 at 12:16
(Pisces) fishscales » TaylorS1986
See, experience reigns supreme over theories...

The reason I´ve always thought that Saturn maybe isn´t too bad in the 3rd is because he functions pretty well in Gemini, and in the air signs in general...

Admittedly, houses are different though... Even though Saturn is exalted in Libra, I´ve heard many people lament their 7th house Saturn...

Just out of curiosity... Even though your 3rd house Saturn caused you some struggles, do you think that it also contributed a certain serious, responsible mindset that could be considered beneficial at times?

I´ve always been kind of interested in the "upside" of Saturn in various positions...
November 11, 2020 at 12:05
(Taurus) TaylorS1986 » fishscales
Many of us with Saturn in the 3rd would disagree! I struggled in school despite being a really smart kid. Saturn also rules my 4th house Capricorn stellium and my problems in school very much had a negative effect on my home and family growing up.
November 11, 2020 at 11:55
(Pisces) fishscales » Luna Alba
"Is there any mild Saturn placement? :)."

I´ve always thought that Saturn in the 3rd is probably not too bad...
November 11, 2020 at 01:35
(Leo) wilks222 » fishscales
Thanks for your insight fish.
November 11, 2020 at 01:35
(Leo) wilks222 » TaylorS1986
Thanks man. I’m all of the above lol
November 11, 2020 at 01:05
(Taurus) TaylorS1986
A well-aspected Saturn in the 8th (in Sag) that rules the 10th (Capricorn midheaven) can indicate a person who works in accounting, banking, or the financial industry. A job dealing responsibly with other people´s money. :3:

EDIT: Meant Scorpio 8th, not Sag. That´s what I get for posting while tired! :61: Still could be Sag 8th in a quadrant house system like Placidus, tho!
November 10, 2020 at 01:24
(Pisces) fishscales » wilks222
Like I said in my first post, if you have Saturn in the 8th, you´ve got to face your deepest fear.

The 8th house can be a house of transformation, but Saturn there will resist transformation, and find every excuse imaginable to cling to the old, familiar ways, based on fear.

Of course, this is not "Saturn´s fault", it our own fear´s fault.

Saturn is a strange planet. Although he represents fear, he also offers a hefty reward for facing our fears, as long as we do it with integrity and a sense of completeness.
November 9, 2020 at 23:42
(Scorpio) amandaallansson » wilks222
Yes you´re right, I´ve always felt different than my peers around me. I´m also a life path 9! I´ve also gotten to know so many things recently that has happened in the past which I´m utterly in shock about. Things that I didn´t think was possible, that was taking place behind my back. Honestly I´m really sad and upset of how the world looks like right now, and even before this pandemic struck it was really bad. I know things will get better and I hope I can do something to change it. Because people needs to know, at least those who are willing to listen and are open to the truth. We shall no longer be slaves, we should be creators of our own reality.
November 9, 2020 at 23:42
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid » ram_goat
Oh of course. In my opinion it´s best to live near a river...
November 9, 2020 at 23:27
(Leo) wilks222 » amandaallansson
I´m going to hazard a guess that you´re an old soul, who has had lots of past lives.

You have probably gained a lot of wisdom from those past lives - a good way to access that wisdom is through meditation.

Just my two cents! :)
November 9, 2020 at 22:40
Yes, I´m kind of waiting for that to happen in due time lol. Mine is coming up in 2023 so it´s not that far away!

I think I´v already found my purpose which is writing books, but I also love psychology and spirituality(and astrology too) Honestly I just like to learn a lot which resonates with me!I´ve actually did try meditation a couple of years ago, I did experience something mindblowing just out of a guided meditation on Youtube. Other than I used to listen to relaxing music to clear my thoughts.

Interesting that you have your saturn in eight house (scorpio). I have my north node and a stellium in my scorpio. I think we must face this scorpian aspect in different ways!
November 9, 2020 at 22:15
(Aries) ram_goat » IntoTheVoid
the places I´ve lived longest have been near rivers or brooks.

Better than cliffs or lakes :)
November 9, 2020 at 21:03
(Leo) wilks222 » amandaallansson
We sound alike! However, without sounding condescending, you´re still young - you haven´t had your Saturn return yet. Hopefully, things will become a bit clearer after that.
I am still feeling the effects of mine 5 years later - it´s been painful but I believe these harsh lessons were necessary. I needed a reality check!
I will say that meditation has really helped me through. It might help you access your subconscious mind, which might point you in the direction of your 5th house interests.
November 9, 2020 at 20:42
True but then again I have my actual Saturn in the 6th house in Pisces of work/routines with an opposition to the moon in the 12th. A struggle between my subconscious mind and trying to get a routine that fits me, without having too sacrifice too much by just working. Now even though I have felt lost in regards of my purpose and what I want to do as for my career my whole life I´m sure I found it now. But my way there by trying to work for the money at jobs I hated is something that has really triggered this opposition and I have been struggled a alot with keeping a job. Conclusion is that I need to do something that sparks my interests and my 5th house, that´s where my work ethic comes from. And as long as I don´t over do it or have very high expectations of myself.
November 9, 2020 at 20:11
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » Luna Alba
My past-life Howard Phillips Lovecraft dealt with :157: combust :151: by dying before he could become a lazy old F***head!
November 9, 2020 at 18:43
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
Is there any mild Saturn placement? :).

I´m very curious, if it is
November 9, 2020 at 18:35
(Taurus) anit
Сатурн - время доводить все начатое до конца. Усердие во всем, самодисциплина, ограничение, терпение и зрелость. Вам 8 дом нужно одержать победу над вашими страхами. Холява не будет
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »