Asteroid Thalia, Muse of Comedy

November 7, 2020 at 17:26 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Asteroid Thalia, Muse of Comedy
Thalia was the eighth of Nine Muses, bringers of inspiration in classical Greek mythology, the offspring of Zeus and Mnemosyne (“memory”). The couple slept together on nine consecutive nights, and nine months later, the Muses were born, one each on nine consecutive days. Originally undifferentiated, in classical times the Greeks sorted out various areas of special influence among the nine sisters. Thalia, whose name means “joyous” or “blooming”, became the muse of comedy, often depicted with a Mask of Comedy, carrying a shepherd’s staff and crowned with a wreath of ivy, to denote her other area of expertise, pastoral or bucolic poetry.

Asteroid Thalia, a typical Main Belt asteroid orbiting between Mars and Jupiter, was discovered on 15 December 1852 by British astronomer J.R. Hind, at a private observatory in Hyde Park, London. It has an orbital period of approximately four and one-quarter years, and follows a path inclined ten degrees off the ecliptic, the apparent path of the sun about the earth. This inclination, while not outside normal parameters for the asteroid belt, might suggest comedy’s ability to “throw us off,” disarming and defusing tension and reducing the stress of the “rat race” as implied by the frenetic interaction of asteroids along the major plane. (from https://daykeeperjournal.com/2011/…).

So, where is Thalia in your chart? Dani Mae´s "Show Me Your Jupiter" gave me the idea for this thread. If we agree that :151: :152: :153: :154: :156: - can reflect/project humor, where is the asteroid in relation to these planets. Do you have a gift for humor, wisecracks, etc?

Thalia is at 3 degrees Aquarius ( :191: :157:, :192: :152: and :194: Asc); what does this mean? Well, I see it as a safety valve - in my case - a way of relieving tensions and frustrations. Third/10th/1st house activations. Show me your wee Thalia!

Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 4 3 2 1
Sort posts:
February 16, 2021 at 13:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Snm Str, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
My Thalia is in the 6th house and in conjunction with the pluto .. However, it is triangular to my cancer bear and cancer mercury ... And with neptune in the 8th house has a sextile angle... :25: What exactly does it tell you with these combinations?
February 16, 2021 at 06:40
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user windinthetrees, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I was going to start a thread on what makes a comedian, but searched instead and found this thread.

Thalia in my chart 19 :173:55. My :153: 27 :173:04, my :151: 6 :173:04. My :162: 26 :173: 33. All of this is in my 5th house. More interesting is that Thalia semi-squares my :164: within half a degree and this is on my Ascendent. It also semi-squares this :181: ascendent by 2 degrees.

And all along I thought it was my chart ruler Uranus conjunct Jupiter, both opposing my ascendent and chiron. I think this is funny.

I love word-play but mostly am good at spontanious improv, story-telling style and can not repeat the same routine ever. Its juice is gone. And fortunately or unfortunately I can always tell when I´m funny. I´m not funny now.

A lot I use humour to destress and easily find what´s funny in the world around me. The more stressful my life, the funnier I get. But I only work for the Goddess. Oh, and I can´t be funny when I try! It must come out natural.

Seriously, I vent the most bizarre and ridiculous stuff that is better than most comedians I watch, but I can never sit down and try to write anything out or repeat it.

Both my parents had a good sense of humor. Both my parents liked to dance. I have the Muse Terpsichore, of dance, virtually exact my Ascendent. I have extremely good rhythm and love to dance. Oh, and Thalia would be semi-square this... I am happiest when I am dancing.
November 11, 2020 at 21:49
(Pisces) AphroditePrincess » Fool
Absolutely :98:
November 11, 2020 at 04:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Fool
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Graham Linehan writer of Father Ted, Black Books, The IT Crowd
Login
(Log in)
November 11, 2020 at 04:50
=====
Rowan Atkinson - time unknown

The Capricorn connection strikes again?
Login
(Log in)
November 11, 2020 at 04:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » AphroditePrincess
=====
"My Thalia is Leo ♌️ 3 rd house Opposing my Mars and Mercury "

Welcome, let´s hope we can all learn something from each other. :1:
November 11, 2020 at 04:20
(Pisces) AphroditePrincess
I love those asteroids they are so many and I’m having fun researching them jn my chart from time to time, :78:
My Thalia is Leo ♌️ 3 rd house Opposing my Mars and Mercury :27: , I enjoy stand up comedy a lot and a little bit of a dark humor :75:
November 11, 2020 at 01:59
=====
Take it away ´Captain Flasheart"
YouTube
YouTube
November 10, 2020 at 20:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Aprils Fish
=====
Try telling that to a guy born on April 1st.

:61: :61:

Sorry for the delay, there, pass friend, the Lady blesses you :4: :3:
November 10, 2020 at 16:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Anni23
=====
´Precisely´ eh? Okay, well we will be here - sextile Venus, did you say, in Gemini (Mercury); sounds as if you got a head start. :4:
November 10, 2020 at 07:42
(Leo) Anni23 » Fool
Yep, now I´m going to have some research on it to know precisely what effect it has
November 10, 2020 at 05:47
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Anni23
=====
What, Thalia?
Login
(Log in)
November 10, 2020 at 05:28
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Wolfmoon
=====
No.23, to you sir, for I was just thinking wouldn´t it be interesting to get hold of graham linehan´s chart (Father Ted, Black Books and the IT Crowd).

Rowan Atkinson, no argument. :15:
November 10, 2020 at 05:02
(Leo) Anni23
Ahh shit. It´s in Gemini. Suppose I should have guessed that. Sextile Venus in gem (my asc)
November 10, 2020 at 04:22
(Aries) Wolfmoon » Fool
brit cit = British Citizen.

Not that giddy. They won´t let me off the island. Apparently I might catch something...

Literally got off the plane and walked straight into the unemployment office :15:

One comedian I´d especially like to know a precise chart of would be Rowan Atkinson. A genius and a genius of comedy but painfully shy apparently.
November 10, 2020 at 04:15
=====
Aye man, Glasgee - just been watching youtube vids of Chewin The Fat; you´ll like the city, I am sure. You can ride the clockwork carrot (metro) or take a "Wee Happy Bus". You may, from Glasgow, take a train to Saltcoats (I want to say half an hour) and catch the Ferry to Arran (Scotland in miniature) and climb (well walk really) . . Mt. Goatfell! :4:

What´s a Brit Cit, you giddy with excitement wee goat-wolf man? :4: :4:
November 10, 2020 at 00:57
(Aries) Wolfmoon » Fool
:37:

So it does. Right through Glasgow where all the great Scot comics take the piss.

Be throwing that on the places to visit. Its a shame because I had a chance to check it out but I thought I´d be a good guy and help my mate who just got cheated on... he up and ditched me in Wales so I went to the Netherlands and never returned. Brit Cit though :15:
November 10, 2020 at 00:01
=====
The Holy Grail Guide
Login
(Log in)
November 9, 2020 at 23:59
=====
RIP Terry Jones
Login
(Log in)
November 9, 2020 at 23:56
=====
A word from the Ministry

Login
(Log in)
November 9, 2020 at 19:19
=====
Hey Rev, I noticed that the Sun (along with nodal line) MH line on your chart slices down through the UK (taking in Scotland). Just sayin´ :4:
November 9, 2020 at 19:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Erinmeow
=====
"I did mean comedy sketches! I lived in Hollywood for a while, and a few of my coworkers did the local comedy thing, and it was a lot of fun. I have been up on stage myself and made some people laugh. Maybe one day, I´ll be a stand up comedian if the cooking thing doesn´t pan out."

Hey Erin, I looked at LA area (your astromap - I´m helping with an astrocartography thread) and it appears you have a Mercury line, touched by Venus - with negative aspects: Mars blunders about there, too. So, LA is one of your stages, Ms. Meow - thought you might find it cool. :2:
November 9, 2020 at 06:58
=====
The Goodies: Essential viewing then and now. RIP Tim Brooke-Taylor (Covid victim)
YouTube
YouTube
November 9, 2020 at 04:37
=====
Rik Mayal: Lord of Misrule, RIP
YouTube
YouTube
November 8, 2020 at 21:50
=====
Stephen Fry: Thalia 12 Cap
Login
(Log in)
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »