Saturn conjunct Rising (ascendant) does not sound fun in synastry

October 26, 2020 at 09:48 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Travelguy35, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Saturn conjunct Rising (ascendant) does not sound fun in synastry
***I understand the entire synastry must be taken into account, as well as both peoples natals and it does not make too much sense to single out one aspect BUT...***

On its own it (my Rising conjunct her Saturn in synastry) does not sound fun, rather limiting, too serious, a wet blanket and even slow to notice and, dear I say, a little secretive. (her Rising also parallel my saturn).

So I am wondering, what other synastry aspects can I look for that would counterbalance this one? Or am I overemphasizing the negatives of this aspect and not focusing enough on the positives?

I wonder if the fact that Saturn trines my Rising in my own chart would help to soften the more negative aspects of Asc con Saturn in syn. (she has saturn opp. rising in her own chart).

We have my mars conjunct her saturn and my saturn exactly trine her mars, saturn trine moon wide aspect (6 orb). Saturn conjunct pluto I am not so sure how to feel about, seems kind of mutual, like 50/50 positive to negative qualities. Mercury parallel saturn also exists, don´t know what that means.

My saturn is also opp. her sun with a wide orb of 6 and we have and my moon square her saturn.

Overall, though, we have been open with each other, sharing our emotions, both are easy going...In fact the whole relationship so far seems so easy going so I wonder what else I can look for that might explain why those tough Saturn aspects are softened.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 28, 2020 at 11:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user Travelguy35, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Our composite is quite interesting. Saturn is in Sag, 8th house. We also have a decent amount of Aquarius energy (both mercury and venus in Aqua, close conjunction and moon in house 11, pluto house 7 despite both of us totally lacking air in our natals).
October 28, 2020 at 11:52
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Wolfmoon
=====
I agree 100% :)
October 28, 2020 at 11:30
(Pisces) fishscales
"Just my opinion . . . Saturn conjunct ASC could easily mean that you could be very serious about one another and committed to making a relationship work just as it could indicate feeling limited by the other. It all depends upon the people involved."

This.

Saturn is not always a bad guy.

I think some Saturn aspects are neccesary in a synastry.

Saturn acts as the "glue" that can hold a relationship together.

You should see where Saturn falls in the composite chart to see what role he is actually playing in the relationship as a whole.
October 28, 2020 at 06:13
(Aries) Wolfmoon » JayJayAstrology
"Trying to decide if another person is a good fit through astrology is a hard way to go though, and in my experience, has proven to be fruitless. That´s just my two cents. I´m sure other people will disagree. Everyone has to decide for themselves."

I agree. It might show compatibilities and difficulties but you don´t know until you know each other.

Astrology can guide you but ultimately its the river of life that gets you to your destination.
October 27, 2020 at 11:11
(Scorpio) Smurfetta » Travelguy35
Jupiter is often a counter balance to Saturn.

I say this hesitantly because Jupiter will expand what is, so if Saturn contacts become less supportive and become restrictive, Jupiter can exacerbate what is already transpiring.

Good Luck, and I agree that maybe you should forget the astrology - focus on the experience.
October 26, 2020 at 16:52
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Travelguy35
Glad what I said makes some sense!
October 26, 2020 at 13:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » JayJayAstrology
=====
That actually makes a lot of sense.

Saturn contacts are very grounding and, in a good way, binding.

But furthermore, your overall point makes a lot of sense. I try to live by that but can sometimes get caught up in the details of a synastry, even in a new romance.
October 26, 2020 at 12:18
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Just my opinion . . . Saturn conjunct ASC could easily mean that you could be very serious about one another and committed to making a relationship work just as it could indicate feeling limited by the other. It all depends upon the people involved.

I counsel people to forget about astrology in the beginning of a relationship. Too much focus on astrology can truly get in the way of getting to know the person as they really are. We get these ideas in our head of what a planet in a sign in a house is going to mean in relationship, and it can cloud our vision of someone with that planet in that sign in that house. People are unique. They respond and use planetary energies according to their individual consciousness and maturity. Also, astrology will not tell you if you will have chemistry with a person. Not really! And it´s that special chemistry that makes us love someone, warts and all.

My best elder advice (I´m 70) - if you´re enjoying her, then just continue to enjoy her and get to know her. When there starts to be some friction, misunderstandings, etc. - then astrology can be really helpful to understand what´s happening - and provide an objective way to converse about it. Couples astrology does have a place.

Trying to decide if another person is a good fit through astrology is a hard way to go though, and in my experience, has proven to be fruitless. That´s just my two cents. I´m sure other people will disagree. Everyone has to decide for themselves.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do astrology readings, dream interpretation, an mind-body healing by donation and workshops at reasonable rates.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »