synastry - waste of time

October 10, 2020 at 10:24 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) ZynCitrus
synastry - waste of time
I just looked at 3 synastry charts of people that are together 13+ years, and those charts look like those people should never end up together, because there is no connections... synasty with only 4 exact aspects (married 14 years), synastry where the only "bindning" (ironic, right) is the Uranus (married 19 years), and than my parents synastry with her saturn on his moon, his pluto on her sun opp her moon, his saturn square her venus and a bunch of others saturn pluto on personal planets but in opp or square, those two are 45years together...looking at synastry one can say there will noone survive, but they were sticking together whole their life...

anyway, how much importance do you give to synastry? I already made a conclusion that solar report is a bunch of crap :D valid for that week only chart, now I start to think that I should just stick to natal, because everything else is just not reliable to make any conclusion from it...

aha, initial thought was to confirm or exclude vedic theory that you find 7th house ruler in the chart and what´s opposite to that are surroundings/things that are there in the moment when you first met... than I went to see if 7th ruler/sun, mars, venus describe their partner at all... not really reliable also...

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 11, 2020 at 15:47
(Scorpio) Angelina
I disagree.
Most of the cases I have studied confirm strong synastries. Or at least there can be only few aspects, but very strong ones and it is enough. And overall, astrology is not written in stone, we can overcome challenges in real life and make changes.

I don´t like to look at synastries before knowing better a person or a couple in order not to make initial opinion. I like to check it later to to see if aspects can be confirmed. And aspects complies with real situation. Some relationships are more sexualy strong, others are based more on warm cute feelings, others on status and so on. And synastries show that.

In my personal cases when I check synastries with people to whom I feel stronger emotions, there are always strong Mars, Pluto, Moon, Venus, Asc aspects. And there are 1st, 5th,7th,8th house involved. And it can´t be missed when there are many exact aspects as well. In one case I had 16 exact aspects and I felt, that I will find something like that in that particular synastry even before checking it.
October 10, 2020 at 19:45
(Aries) ram_goat » ZynCitrus
lots of self observations these days

Keep on with that. That´s probably what this is... plod on past the
transient feelings of melancholy.. those are normal, too.
October 10, 2020 at 19:26
(Aries) ram_goat » goldenlion32
We create or co-create what we desire to experience. I sometimes think Astrology kind of puts road blocks in the mind of the younger generation because they lean too much on the charts instead of allowing things to happen naturally.

In the minds of the stupid..

the majority of those tend to be young, but it´s not the exclusive domain
of young people, but the young do make up the majority in that country of the mind.
October 10, 2020 at 19:21
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
bingo..
October 10, 2020 at 19:20
(Aries) ram_goat » goldenlion32
Like goldie said, it´s complicated..

Mapping the complexity of things is a lot harder than just looking for simple
happy aspects.

But I admit, I´ve had the same thoughts, that it´s all BS.. and then you have some experience that makes you a believer again.

We also live in an age where it´s easy to communicate and to move around. Think about people even 30 years ago, it was not so easy. There are some old statistics about this, most people married someone that was born or lived about 7.5 miles from where they lived or were born. There were practical considerations, our grandparents in the 1940´s didn´t have the internet or smartphones.. you met some nice guy or girl from the neighborhood you lived in and got married. There were very few exceptional lives back then. Life was dull, ordinary, people lived in scarcity economies, not the one click away amazon economy of today. People learned to make due, to settle. They mended their socks and clothes instead of throwing them in the garbage. Many sub-optimal matches persisted for decades because of this mentality in the personal relationship sphere.. There is an old mentality and many old social patterns that are centuries old, that we are still climbing out of even today.
Not so long ago, divorce was taboo, then by the 1970´s it became merely difficult to obtain, at least in the USA.. lot of "bad" (by our standards today) social pressures were on people´s shoulders, quite heavily. Notice we still never have had a divorced president in the USA.. such moral hypocrisy.

Still, it´s always good to keep a skeptical eye about these things and ask the questions. I don´t think most people consult astrologers before marriage even today. In the past, of somebody seemed mostly ok, then that was the green light to go for it and try to make a life together. If the woman got pregnant then there was also some social coercion involved depending on the society you were living in.

That there were many sub-optimal pairings in the past does not surprise me at all. If it were otherwise I would be surprised. The "old days" had a different mentality. It´s hard to convey to people now. Most are not old enough to have ever met anyone older than the pluto-leo generation, but I am old enough to have spent time around pluto cancers and even a few pluto geminis, and I can assure you, their mindset and world view was different than what we know today. I actually laugh to myself when I hear pluto-scorps talking about the "old days" of the 1980´s.. oh some real pre-history days there, eh? But at least by then there were computers and man had visited the moon several times...

It´s a matter of perspective. You need a very broad one when considering these things. As broad as you are able to get wherever it is that you are..

October 10, 2020 at 14:35
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
People and their relationships are incredibly complex and varied.

The limited amount of symbols is not sufficient to describe such complexity.

It can be a general guide.

Since every person and every relationship is unique, what one person wants and needs is different from everyone else’s wants and needs.

What’s good for one person maybe terrible for another.

Plus people don’t often realize what they need until they experience it.

I think this all this is true for astrology in general.

Life needs to be lived to be understood. Even then it can be difficult.

Synastry is one of many general guides, but it’s not the end all be all.

I personally don’t use any astrology for relationships in the beginning.

I use my experience, my head and heart and just let it unfold.

After awhile it’s interesting to see how the astrology matches up.

I found it was more beneficial to understand myself and define in general terms what I want and need in a relationship and what I can give.

Plus , what is called failure is a great teacher.
October 10, 2020 at 12:27
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
No problem. I´ve done it myself!
October 10, 2020 at 12:17
(Cancer) ZynCitrus » goldenlion32
I also have mars in my 12th so Im digging out old crap too from family and their believes that never became mine and my uranian behaviour haha and so on...lots of self observations these days
October 10, 2020 at 11:57
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » ZynCitrus
Oh..I´ve been studying relationships for years, and it never amazes me it gets weirder and weirder as time goes bye and so many different theories, concepts, belief systems, and contradictions around the globe in many different genres on the subject. Then I have to laugh at an old Jewish Minister that said, I quit helping with relationships since it´s such a mess. :61:
October 10, 2020 at 11:51
(Cancer) ZynCitrus » goldenlion32
yes...you are right, but it´s unclear if they went through those emotions and growing ups because we speak 45y period, and things they brought in the marriage or because that´s their interaction according synastry...ofc they changed, they started under age of 20 and now they are 60+

anyway, I might be depressed this week :D Or it´s that mafia in my 9th house so I´m changing my world view...going back to logic and earth
October 10, 2020 at 11:34
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » ZynCitrus
You really can´t see though what is going on internally. There´s more than what you see at face value with a couple in the physical and material world. Those around me hardly ever had the right projections of what was going on in my life behind closed doors in relationships, nor my thoughts, emotions, feelings, as an introvert. And all people from the outside see about a relationship is what others choose to show or what they want you to know.

And you don´t really know all the lessons they´ve gone through as I stated with their synastry or composite over the years with transit. So, you´re only seeing the chart it´s self, and and not the million and one different thoughts, emotions, feelings, inner transformation, the journey itself that establishes the emotional, mental, spiritual, physical, sexual, and financial bonding. The karmic debt being weighed and balanced. What has been cleared of dharma or karma. Marriage or long-term relationships is not about candle light dinners every day, parties, vacations, all the good times, and usually there are different seasons of a relationship that can be different through the years. There can be ups and downs.
October 10, 2020 at 11:26
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » fishscales
I kind of feel the same. Ha ha! If I looked at all the Synastry of all my romantic/sexual relationships the last 30 years, I would have never enjoyed life, would have missed a lot of growth, evolution, and life lessons. I didn´t know astrology until after I had already been through them. While it´s nice to look back and look at those synastry or composite now, it´s after I already experienced them and see the higher purpose of them.

I kind of feel the same way after watching a lot of feminine and masculine make a mess using astrology in the Twin Flame Community, and how they created all these labels to make up for the karmic relationships. And with Mars, Venus, and Jupiter in Scorpio, it´s kind of where I understand it´s a fallacy, because you can transform with most of your relationships and having to do with the 8th house Mars/Pluto themes of Scorpio.

KRS Channel even mentions he doesn´t do matching for the same reason, you can create a lot of karma in projecting one person is the "Right" person and breaking up other relationships. Those relationships may have meant to accomplish certain things, while this person comes along and says "I´m the right person." And it´s basically all about Mirroring combinations of the same energies. And when you´re breaking up with all these individuals, interfering in relationships, and never focused, scattered, and going in many directions you never accomplish anything in relationships but a big mess.

Yet, I notice one person I know with the Gemini/Sagittarius axis who has done exactly this for the last 30 years. And never figures out why they´re in the same place repeatedly.

There´s all kinds of life lessons with relationships.

We create or co-create what we desire to experience. I sometimes think Astrology kind of puts road blocks in the mind of the younger generation because they lean too much on the charts instead of allowing things to happen naturally.
October 10, 2020 at 11:17
(Cancer) ZynCitrus
They two are used to that energy because they have it in their chart..but how synastry looks like and what kind of life they are living has nothing to do with what astrology says...also they dont do ´work on themselves" haha. They had moto they have to stick together regardless of their parents and children. They had right. Parenta are long dead and children are long and far gone...they are together all the time when they are not if she comes here for example they watch same tv show and have skype on and comment actors... that is not mo0sa or mo180ve or pl0su sa90mo and so on... i might see wrong those other two synasty because maybe they have face for public and face for home but with my parents i know both faces... my point was as fish says...don´t waste time on it...
October 10, 2020 at 11:01
(Pisces) fishscales
I think there is some merit to it... But it is not be-all, end-all...

What drives me crazy is the way people use it...racing to get a synastry analyzed with someone they just met...there´s a compulsive element to it that I have to admit bothers me a little bit...

Then they sweat the difficult aspects...and probably bring them to pass through a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy...

Let the relationship breathe, grow, and develop on its own...

Are you really going to decide the fate of a relationship based on a synastry chart, before its even had a chance in real life?

My wife and I have been together for 14 years... I didn´t look at the synastry until well after we were committed to each other...

But what if I had let that moon-pluto square we have get in my head early on?

Glad I didn´t...
October 10, 2020 at 10:55
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
The thing is can you really tell from synastry how to people make a relationship work together? I believe pretty much you can master any astrology chart if you really want too and are dedicated and devoted to doing the inner work. When you have a composite it shows the life lessons of two individuals, and they master them as the transits come along.

Really most people have not looked at their astrology chart for the most part. Belief systems and the way one perceives whether they relationship survives or not. Whether they can adapt, adjust, problem shoot, how they work together as a team to overcome obstacles.

The hardest relationships in my experience are the one´s I grow the most, expand in knowledge, and find the most wisdom. As a nurse aide even, many other aide´s thought certain people were to difficult to work with and my bosses would usually assign me to them because of the Uranus in Libra in the 3rd. Unconventional ways or original ways of dealing with others.

Squares are usually hard tension, but where you grow the most along with the Oppositions.

Naturally, all my relationships end and begin just right on time. Looking back on my charts...those difficult relationships just taught me how to be patient with others, have compassion, have mercury, accept other people´s differences. As a Nurse Aide, trust me you have people throwing things at you, yelling at you, ringing the bell a million times. They have to have their towels, their sheets, their clothes all hung, folded, washed, and dried differently. A million different shampoos, soaps, perfumes, colognes. A million ways to clean the house. Good God lot´s of personalities. Especially the Virgo´s...ha ha! they will follow you around the house, point out every little tiny spot, you have to hold up a magnifying glass to see it.

Most of the Synastry or Composites of those in my immediate life usually are quite accurate with transits, but you´re missing a lot without the transits, since the transits bring in those events that activate those houses, planets, and aspects.

As I´ve mentioned before Vedic Astrologers don´t see everything in my chart, and often others are telling me about stuff I already experienced around my Saturn Return in 2000 or prior.

Some synastry is very bad, not matter how much work you do and master, it doesn´t mean the other person is mastering their life lessons. Which I have been learning about for the last 15 years. I have grown leaps and bounds, but the other person gets stuck in the same place and repeating the same emotional, mental, spiritual, physical, sexual, and financial patterns. Which I removed myself, and someone else with the same energy is continuing the same lessons with the person, but a Millennial.

Every couple has a different soul contract with different people. As I notices this with my ex-husband. I mastered the lessons, and out grew the situation, and the next person carries the same energies and they´re re-living our story literally over. :61: Just switched places and standing in each other shoes in 2020.

Same lessons repeating for them as in Saturn in Cancer/North Node Gemini.

So sure the synastry and composite can be accurate, but you might be only meant to stay for a day, a month, a year, 10 years, 12 years, 25 years, 50 years. For example: I have a friend who is still married to someone she shouldn´t be, but they keep repeating the same karmic cycles year after year. And this comes down to evolving, growing, and maturing. Some people are never stepping out of the same patterns. And therefore, too fearful to change, grow, and until they´re forced too by some event that traumatizes them to take action. And even if their is a traumatic event for some reason they still don´t move or get the life lesson.
October 10, 2020 at 10:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Asteroid #448, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hey Mrav! Don´t feel bad, I´ve been there! The difference is when i got hooked is when I finally figured there´s something like the natal for everyone and did synastry.. And it just fit. Everything. Tbh you need to take some time, devote to doing your chart by hand. Taking in all of the practical elements, the ascendant point, the time zone, your birth hour, compass points, figure out your direction etc and where it needs to go, really look into all that. i have to say that only when i attempted to do a chart by hand did i see theres so many confusions with online calculators, you need to modify the input to get the right results. Dont lose the hope, and good luck :29: :15:

Also download daft moon!!! Asap.
Its the best astrological tool I´ve seen so far.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »