Astrocartography

September 27, 2020 at 11:13 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) ram_goat
Astrocartography
A few months ago I noticed petr added astrocartography to the site. I knew nothing about astrocartography but it intrigued me, so I bought this book, written by the guy that supposedly invented it. I am no expert on the subject, I merely pass on some information in the book to help others understand the features on the site..

Some Vocabulary:

Paran Lines: The crossing of one planet´s MC or IC line with another planet´s rising (ASC) or setting line (DSC). The latitude at which this happens is considered to be influenced by both planets. This is the same as a "paranatellonta" or "paran".

A quote from the book:

"They are somewhat like squares in their action, and have been found to be about one-third the strength of the (ASC or DSC) lines themselves. Though most ACG interpretation emphasizes the lines more than the crossings, the latter are particularly important in those areas where one is not within "orb" of regular lines. An orb of about 4 to 7 degrees on either side (east or west) of an MC/IC or rise-set line, and about 1 to 2 degrees on either side (north or south) of a crossing are suggested based on experience, as well as feedback from AstroCartoGraphy users.

Finally, just as we can "stack up" chart upon chart upon chart, so it is possible to consider questions of astrological geography from a variety of possible viewpoints, such as transits and progressions. Even within a horoscope, this can quickly become unwieldy, requiring a good knowledge of astrology and great care to interpret properly, When using a map, all the more care must be used, For this reason, the best method of going beyond the natal map to look at current indications is to combine progressions of the inner planets with transits of the outer planets, since the two sets of planets will move along at roughly the same speed."

As much as I´de like to simply copy the entire book and paste it in here, there are some obvious problems with that. Instead of a mass cut & paste, I´ll try to paraphrase ideas from the book sufficiently to keep any lawyers from knocking on petr´s door.

The significance of some location falling to the east of a line vs west of a line:

Ascendant Lines:

West of line: The effects of that line will reflect the 1st house more
Since the first house is the house of self, you will relate very personally with the energies west of the line, they will affect your personality more.

East of line: The effects of that line will reflect the 12th house more The effect of the planet will act upon you more psychologically, in ways that are less visible to you but may be visible to others around you.

Descendant Lines:

West of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by the 7th house. You will project the energy of the planet externally, and it will manifest itself in the people around relationships around you. These people will be your teachers, and you will not be able to see the lessons or qualities they possess in yourself, but only through others.

East of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by your 6th house. The energy of the planet will show itself in the form of external problems or challenges in your environment, which you must learn from.

Imum Coeli Lines:

West of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by the 4th house. The planet´s influence will manifest externally, but in a manner that challenges your identity or ancestral, family, or internal values.

East of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by the 3rd house. The influence of the planet will sensitize you to your environment and force you to behave externally in a way that conforms with the place, as influenced by the energy of the planet in question.

Midheaven Lines:

West of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by the 10th house. The influence will be outer oriented, as MC rules your social standing and reptuation, as well as career in society. Situations that cause growth and development in a very public and visible manner will occur.

East of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by the 9th house. The influence of the planet will reflect the beliefs and values of the society in which the location lies. Things will be experienced on an internal private level, but will involve larger issues belonging to the culture or society of the place.

Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 17, 2022 at 21:20
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » ram_goat
Cool!

Btw I started digging into horizontal coordination system (and conversions between all 3 systems: ecliptic/equatorial/horizontal) ... and it seems that I will finally be able to implement also the "True latitude" option for astrocartography :65:

difference between current "ecliptic projection" x "true latitude" is visible especially on Pluto lines (thanks to Pluto variable ecliptic latitude)
February 16, 2022 at 18:35
(Aries) ram_goat » Petr9
Nice! I will check it out. I still think your layout it better than the *other* site´s layout..
February 16, 2022 at 10:23
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » Petr9
timelapse animation for various ASC / MC lines
Login
(Log in)
February 16, 2022 at 10:15
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9
Hi Ram

a small new add-on in Astrocartography here on astro-seek:
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/a…

Menu > Planets > ASC & MC at 0°-30° Degrees

This option displays the lines/geo locations for the particular ASC & MC signs

- for entire sign span 0° - 30°
- step by step 0° - 5° - 10 ° - 15° - 20° - 25° - 30°

so it migt give a quick overview about areas with particular ASC/MC

your lines :180: ASC & :178: MC
Login
(Log in)
November 18, 2021 at 18:33
(Aries) ram_goat » Wolfmoon
there..
Login
(Log in)
November 18, 2021 at 18:21
(Aries) Wolfmoon » ram_goat
Where can you do that?
November 18, 2021 at 06:02
This is what I meant..

I´de worry a bit about the square lines. So many aspects to look at..

I just look at the major aspects, myself. Otherwise it gets too, too, complicated.
Login
(Log in)
November 18, 2021 at 04:20
(Aries) Wolfmoon » Sunnyshadow
"That´s cool you´re experience with the venus line vs pluto. I do believe there is something to this stuff."

Yeah, me to. It feels good and explains so much of my life. If I didn´t have so much going on with life right now I´d look a lot closer at it :15:

Did you move to that place or just enjoy the feels?
November 18, 2021 at 03:12
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Wolfmoon
I believe there is a line for each major aspect. Like trine, sextile, square, etc.

That´s cool you´re experience with the venus line vs pluto. I do believe there is something to this stuff.

I´ve told the story before (in this thread likely) that I passed through a town right in the middle of my venus, sun and jupiter lines and was immediately drawn to the place. And I knew nothing of as-cart at the time

There was nothing really that stood out about the place. It was a feeling I got
November 17, 2021 at 18:43
"What aspect do you have with your pluto line?"

How do you mean? In my chart or in regards to the line itself?

I just see the lines and give it a go. I haven´t looked too deep
November 17, 2021 at 09:42
What aspect do you have with your pluto line?

Conjunct, square, trine ??

That would shed some light on interpretations too. Astrocarto is a head trip.
I still look for patterns in my own chart. Usually for other people it´s easier
to spot things. I really have to think about my own lines. Too close to the trees to see the forest, sometimes.

It´s cool to hear of your experiences.
November 17, 2021 at 04:15
(Aries) Wolfmoon
Since discovering Astrocartography and realizing I have a few lines running through NZ I´ve been experimenting.

I have lived on my pluto line for 4 years and it was rough.

Thought I´d mix it up and try my luck two hours north where my Venus line runs.

The day I came up, got a job offer with a 25% pay increase. The next day, without applying, I was offered a job with a 35% increase.

On my Pluto line I spent alot of time alone and was hard to crack the culture socially. On my Venus line my social life is more so. I have probably made more acquaintances and friends on my Venus line in 3 weeks than I did in the previous for years.

Venus line city is beautiful. Probably one of the more beautiful in NZ. My Pluto line town... not so much. Very dismal.

It´s my third week here and so far life is working out far better.

Wish the world wasn´t so backwards at the moment to be able to travel to try other lines.

Astrocartography, seems to work for me :4: Could maybe be too soon to tell but right now the results are awesome :75:
November 17, 2021 at 04:06
(Aries) Wolfmoon » nutelina
"You are saying astro.com was more acurate for you then the local calculations here?"

The local calculations here don´t show up as anything for me. Just a map. That´s why I use Astro.com
August 29, 2021 at 12:31
(Aquarius) jenjacobs » dani_mae1
Where did you move to?
August 28, 2021 at 20:01
(Taurus) nutelina » Wolfmoon
You are saying astro.com was more acurate for you then the local calculations here?

I just wondered that I remembered my MC-mercury line going over Prague where I was not born. But I did study there. These were the bad parans? The verticalines? So we should live between those or on the curved ones?
August 28, 2021 at 12:35
(Capricorn) San74 » Fool
thank you so much for sharing interpretations of astrocartography lines!!

So true about Pluto line. I am living for the last 28 years on the Pluto/DS Line (only 15 km) and have experienced some heavy relationship issues.
I am trying to move to a more peaceful place but somehow I am stuck here.
Ascendant is in Taurus in this place so it doesn´t allow me to move or it takes years to realize how unhappy I am here. I also have Uranus square MC(8 km)and Crossing Pluto/Moon´s Nodes at Same Latitude.
I am curious about your interpretation on this positions and if any advise I would appreciate it! :16:
April 18, 2021 at 08:39
(Aries) Wolfmoon
I made it to where my Moon IC line intersects. Definitely felt the energy. It definitely felt different.

Interestingly I was going off the Astro.com info. However, an astrologer used the Solarfire program and looked into my Astrocartography and it showed it a little differently.

It showed where my Moon line ran was also my Venus line. When I looked into that energy I felt that also. I walked into a store and saw a carving that inspired my creative side.

Also, through the program, I learnt that I am currently living on my Pluto line. This would explain so much of the last 3.5 years of me living here.

Anyone who is interested, Astro.com is a good place for a start but if you have the program, or are able to see an astrologer with the program. I personally would use that. It seems far more accurate, atleast in my experience.
February 4, 2021 at 22:31
(Virgo) rohini moon
This is becoming addictive.

All of the places I have lived, every geographical position points descriptions have been extremely accurate, not that I doubted it.

One place I have always had a fondness for since I was a little kid (for no reason - maybe a past life thing?) was France. I checked into my positions there and low and behold - they´re pretty good.

Sun/Moon nodes at MC and DC

Moon/Venus At DC and MC

And then there´s Uranus/Pluto at DC - which basically said "anything goes"
and
Jupiter on my ASC
January 1, 2021 at 00:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user RedBullet, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thanks for the good information in this thread.

I´m a little bummed out because my current location has no power lines. Interestingly, I have both Mars/Saturn and Jupiter/Venus crossings. They probably cancel each other out.

This helped me realize where I´m at is not ideal. Now I have a place in my mind that looks favorable.
December 31, 2020 at 18:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Wolfmoon
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Shit, Rev - the Universe keeps saying NO on that line; not time perhaps (try and time it with a supporting aspect). Sunny said that he felt his NN line and the experience was pleasant (but individual charts/aspects etc) - hope it is for you.
Let us know. :4:
December 31, 2020 at 01:26
"Yes it will.. keep up posted."

Just came back to thread after having some time to catch up on reading.

I´ve tried to go to the town with the Moon DC line twice now. First time I crashed my van. Blacked out behind the wheel. Second attempt, life became busy and it had to get pushed back each weekend until I cleared some room. Then the headgasket on the replacement van blew... Probably just going to leave it for a bit.

I did only just realize I grew up 2.5 hours from a town where my NN IC runs. That could be a go
December 30, 2020 at 20:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Fool
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

The Sun

When under a Sun line, a person’s energies will be uplifted. They will feel in synch with themselves, more at ease in their own skin, and as though things are going their way. In this very creative and creative place, one can visualize the Sun shining down. And the immediate environment will notice that. The ego will feel larger, and more in control of one’s destiny. One also might find paternal connections.

The Moon

There is a great deal of sensitivity here, under the Moon, and emotions will likely be heightened. This is a vulnerable place to be; the person here will be seeking a place to roost, and will find familial connections. While sometimes straying toward the maudlin, by and large the person will feel emotionally connected under a Moon line. If viewing this from a past life standpoint, a Moon line could indicate where the person might have spent other lifetimes.

Mercury

When under a Mercury line, one can expect to be mentally active, and chatty. This is a really good place to go if you were to write a book, or to study. It´s also a great place to learn the various ways of verbally connecting with others. Being under this line isn’t especially positive or negative.

Venus

This is the influence everyone wants to know about, because under a Venus line there is an emphasis on relationships. Love and marriage can be found under these lines, and person could meet someone under this line. The key here is that the person will have opportunities to look at his or her own ability to be intimate with others. There is a craving for companionship and pairing up. Since Venus also has to do with aesthetics, luxury, money, beauty, and sensuality, these, too, are emphasized under a Venus line. By and large, this is a very positive influence.
Mars

Mars

Mars can be the hardest planet to live under because there are no dull moments! Mars has a natural tendency to be rather combative. For a woman, this isn´t necessarily be the best place to live as it might mean fighting off unwanted men. But, in other ways, it could be energetic, passionate and exciting to live under a Mars line. The lessons here relate to self-assertion and self-sufficiency.

Jupiter

Next to Venus, Jupiter is probably the most beneficial line to be living under. Success, prosperity, social acceptance, and often just a whole lot of fun can be found under a Jupiter line. This is where someone could become prominent in the community, or have more than what they ever dreamed. It is a great place to be, because the person is uplifted and sent out in the world with more blessings.

Saturn

Saturn isn’t as much fun as Jupiter. The hardest working planet in the solar system placed angularly means the person will be working harder than normal to prove him/herself. Resolving situations, evolving, and achieving all take longer, which can be extremely difficult if one is impatient to get ahead. The opportunity, though, is learning maturity and growth through hard work and fortitude. Most will feel that it´s very negative under Saturn, but if you want to gain experience by going to the School of Hard Knocks, you can’t beat living under a Saturn line.

Uranus

This, like Mars, can be very energetic, but in a different, more nervous, way (I know of a person that under his Uranus line, felt as though he had an electric current humming through him at all times). The person under this line, will feel restricted and hemmed in, and will desire at all costs, to free themselves. Therefore, we expect a natural rebelliousness to come to the top when living under Uranus. Social issues that need changing will be a huge draw. Constant change is necessary, but also jarring to the person living here.

Neptune

Imagine floating in a lake for 24 hours a day—that´s what it is like to be under Neptune. The energies are soft, spacey, and very fuzzy. Romanticism, art, music—all sorts of Neptunian activities—are front and center in the person’s life. The hard part of living under this line is not feeling clear about where you are in life. Illusions can take over and the individual might have a difficult time focusing on mundane tasks.

There is also be a tendency to try and escape life’s hard roads here—any sort of addictive behavior might be exacerbated.

Pluto

Next to Mars or Saturn, Pluto is pretty difficult to deal with. When around a Pluto line, a person might feel as though they are coming apart from within, because the life experiences would dictate a lot of heavy issues coming to the foreground. Intense upheaval, isolation and deep pain can be debilitating, but also freeing. On the other side is the potential for an enormous amount of soul searching and eventual growth.
The Four Angles

Also known as the cardinal points, these are the four points that are used in astrocartography.

The Ascendant is the energy outgoing into your personality, and personal expression. The person’s personality takes on the planetary energy close to the Asc, and acts like a lens. One is identified with the accompanying planetary energy on the Asc.

The IC (Imuni Coeli) is energy going from deep within to your own subjective environment, and helps ground the person within a strong foundation of self. Home and family are connected to this angle, and the identification of one’s own familial origins, and how those are dealt with. Security and attachment and belonging would be found through the actions of the planet involved in that area.

The Descendant. The forces of any planet around the descendant will be experienced primarily as “other,” or whom is reflected back to that person. The influence is external, and will be focused in relating with others. Situations that happen will draw the individual into learning new responses that will ultimately help the person assimilate the qualities of the planet. In psychological terms, this would be a “projected” planet—one that the person may not know much about before the experience, but will afterward.

The MC (Medi-Coeli/midheaven). Lewis considered this to be the “prime angle,” which had to do with where we perceive ourselves and the image we present to the world. This is also the area of profession. Again, whatever planet is close to that point will play itself out, in the chosen area, in the career.
December 27, 2020 at 23:47
=====
(Jim Lewis)

Pluto On The Descendant (PL DSC)

There is great danger under this line, and the battle for selfhood is with a hostile world that seems intent on extinguishing you. The world withdraws from you, and leaves you to do battle with the very things or people who are closest to you. If you win this battle, you are free from dependency for the rest of your life. There is alienation and destruction in relationships, yet these are key to a new life, and often constitute a difficult turning point. There is some possibility that you can change world opinion, lay your life on the line for heroic objectives, but there is, all in all, too much danger here for prolonged residence. You are drawn to people with whom relationship is intensely sexual and/or combative, and there is a desperation born of fear of always being alone. East may be a little better than West of this line.
December 27, 2020 at 23:29
=====
(Jim Lewis)

Pluto On The I.C. (PL I.C.)

Here, the ultimate battle of selfhood and identification is fought with family, the past, traditions and roots of self, and a final, self-induced birth of a new identity is accomplished. Any home, property, money or real estate concerns are subject to constant upheaval, and the past can be left behind, though a new life is hard to build. Elderly persons are endangered here, and death may make itself present in your life, though through its force, you can come to a new sense of personal meaning and mortality. There is a curious loyalty to family, yet inability to feel close to them, and here you may inherit diseases or be subject to family karma in some sudden and perilous manner. The lack of attachment you feel here forces you to exceed your roots, and push yourself to the utmost in search of a new self.
December 27, 2020 at 20:48
=====
(Jim Lewis)

Pluto On The Ascendant (PL ASC)

A tendency to hide self and personal secrets, and to live a life apart from others in this zone, along with a tendency to relate to everyone on a sexual or competitive plane. You feel passionately about what moves you, but keep this to yourself. People remember you because you make them uncomfortable, and remind them somehow of things they would rather forget, so you spend a lot of time alone, this exacerbating sexual needs. You identify with personal transformation, and are constantly trying to better yourself. Others think of you as a leader, or a menace almost instinctively, as there is a hidden power within you, that often acts to change others´ lives by mere contact with you. Under this line, great personal changes may occur, but these could be more than the organism could bear. West of line less intense than East
Posts: 184-160 159-135 134-110 109-85 84-60 59-35 34-10 9-1
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »