The Problem with Astrology is....

February 3, 2020 at 04:06 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
The Problem with Astrology is....
The problem with astrology is it offers explanations but no solutions.
So, in addition to genetic/physical explanations of our problems, in addition to societal explanations of our problems, we now have an astral one.

Sometimes those explanations may be valid. They don´t solve the problem.
Some people are very happy to get an astrological explanation of their problem. It seems to give meaning to their suffering. There might be some benefit in that; however, there is also the danger that they do nothing about solving the problem. You come to Astro-seek and chatter, chatter, chatter and for some reason think that is going to solve the problem. It won´t.

Astrology then becomes just another distraction.

There is astrological magic, medical astrology and electional astrology. Now these may (or may not) help you solve a problem. Leave them aside for the moment, I am talking about natal astrology.

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
February 4, 2020 at 23:27
(Taurus) nutelina » Water & Fire
That was a little gem indeed! A map where you can find where you are and the possibilities are where you visit more often.
February 4, 2020 at 23:10
(Taurus) nutelina » Moon_Queen
No, I wouldn´t put it to a vague notion as romance. Romance happens because we are lonely and need something, something we might not need at all but want it anyway because we are used to it, like from previous toxic relationships with our family.

Btw, you´d want to see Little women! https://www.imdb.com/title/…
February 4, 2020 at 21:31
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » nutelina
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
***I didn´t trust my feelings anymore. It´s sad but now I get it. At least I hope so.***

Crucial thing is to give up and brake romantic mindset.

We are deeply poisoned by romance and being so we are unable to recognize who is good and who is not good for us.

Romace is acctually a cold-blood machinery invented to force us to enter unnatural relationships...
February 4, 2020 at 21:13
(Taurus) nutelina » ancient_astrology
Yes I have not gone into several relationships because I needed surety, I didn´t trust my feelings anymore. It´s sad but now I get it. At least I hope so. Every relationship is a lesson but I´m not going to sell my self short, would be the short summary of it I´d say.

Like natal astrology is who you are when you were born and then there is a path you should go to but you don´t want to because you have no idea where it leads. Maybe the sollutions are to be discovered and the road is the goal, not where you are going. You kind of know when you have arrived when there is people in your life you don´t want to leave behind, like never?
February 4, 2020 at 21:06
(Taurus) nutelina » moonchild96
Almost right, the sollutions are multiple but you have to choose which is the right one for you. I think it all comes down to a few things, you remember cycles, you live by them. It´s a mixture of where you were born, what to do at a specific moment and where to go when things go sour. Like going to the south when you were cold.

Are you water rising? You need water around you. Are you a fire element, you need heat, or maybe you love cold when you were born in the winter. You´ll recognize the energies like a shell feels the moon. A lot of life goes around our moon, it follows the tides... The sun is a bigger impact but slower. Winter, Summer, dry season, wet season... But our rising sign might be the most overlooked and most interesting after all. :44:
February 4, 2020 at 20:59
(Taurus) nutelina » ram_goat
Sometimes I think kindness is a disease. Maybe it´s the weird help from dear friend Cancer, when you survive you ain´t seen nothing yet. :2: Suffocating love.
February 4, 2020 at 20:54
(Taurus) nutelina
I disagree, when you know who you are natally it makes no sense to go against that if you recognize that is truly who you are. It either works or it doesn´t, why it doesn´t work is the real question.
February 4, 2020 at 15:07
(Virgo) rohini moon » Leo Moon
Nick of time was one of my favorites...

"Do you dare risk finding out!?"
February 4, 2020 at 14:50
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » ram_goat
Damn Ramgoat.... that Twilight Zone episode, season 2 episode 7 Nick of Time, was spot on for this thread.

Thanks. I had never watched it and enjoyed it immensely. :15:

TV with a story and Characters. No special effects or over dramatic direction or editing.

A person with a smart phone, good script and some decent actors could make that kind of art today for almost nothing.
February 4, 2020 at 13:56
I must have seen that episode of the Twilight Zone?

Maybe not. It was written by Richard Matheson who is one of my absolute favorites.

He wrote the next Shatner Twilight Zone story about the gremlin on the plane. Horror at 20,000 feet I think is the title.

His short stories were adapted for so many excellent tv shows and movies.

The writing for The Twilight Zone was special.
I discovered a number of excellent writers through it.
February 4, 2020 at 06:58
(Pisces) fishscales » ancient_astrology
See... If you studied your natal chart, you would have been able to identify your curt-like tendencies, and you wouldn´t have to be apologizing right now... :2:
February 4, 2020 at 05:23
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » moonchild96
You didn´t offend me. Sorry if I was curt in my response.
February 4, 2020 at 04:25
(Cancer) moonchild96 » ancient_astrology
Oh LOL! My bad! I did not mean to offend! Yes, science is a wonderful tool to observe and find solutions based upon objective material. However, understanding subjective experiences are limited to scientific understanding. The origination of Consciousness and morality, for example, is all based upon scientific theory. Science is wonderful.. I agree; however,science fails to explain abstract ideals.
February 4, 2020 at 04:06
(Aries) ram_goat » Leo Moon
twilight zone..
February 4, 2020 at 02:09
It seems like I should know that. Twilight Zone? Outer limits?

I need to go dig that up ram goat. I may not have seen it.

So please tell me sir. ( or I can IMBD Shatner’s filmography) :63:
February 4, 2020 at 01:51
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
February 4, 2020 at 01:50
Login
(Log in)
February 3, 2020 at 23:13
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » Leo Moon
Hmmm......well there You have it! :2:
Login
(Log in)
February 3, 2020 at 23:13
So true .Astrology will only take You so far.

That’s why we have The Magic 8 Ball.

For truly definitive answers to life’s questions.

Let’s see what it says.......
Login
(Log in)
February 3, 2020 at 23:07
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » fishscales
Something should have been listed under ´mundane astrology´ by now! :43: :63: :25: :22: :14:
February 3, 2020 at 19:46
(Pisces) fishscales » ancient_astrology
I think it´s good for a thread like this to pop up on Astroseek every once in a while.

It can help the newbies put astrology in its proper place, and help the old timers keep it in perspective.
February 3, 2020 at 18:26
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » ram_goat
<<he only people this conversation will help are the ones who don´t need to read it in the first place. Then there are the rest. There´s no helping them>>

I don´t know about that ram_goat. It could be because I´m just stupid and never fully learn the lesson, but I find myself falling into the traps I mentioned :)
This post is above all directed at me :)
February 3, 2020 at 18:23
(Aries) ram_goat
The only people this conversation will help are the ones who don´t need to read it in the first place. Then there are the rest. There´s no helping them.

We´ve all lived long enough to see and learn the real value of these things, but there is always a never ending flood of newer, less experienced people who are born, come in here, ask the same stupid questions, fall prey to the same intellectual errors.. "sea lawyering"..

Priests must deal with the same problems, incessantly. Since time immemorial..
February 3, 2020 at 18:19
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » fishscales
<<I think there is something to be said for the Vedic remedies for certain astrological conditions. Of course, one has to know what conditions exist first, which can be determined by the natal chart.>>

Well we have that in the West also. The best text on this is Charles Saunders:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/…

I am only beginning to investigate that, so I don´t know. Just because some people say it´s effective, doesn´t mean that it is. I shall go about it with an open mind.

As far as Planetary Magic, Christopher Warnock is a good source.

There is enough truth in astrology that I will continue studying it. I do have some doubts about the usefulness of natal astrology...and I am HIGHLY dubious of psychological astrology, since it was kind of created out of thin air by Dane Rudhyar, et al and has never been scrupulously tested. People sort of accept it on faith, like they do with the corpus of astrological material.
Astrology will always be an art, but we do need more Gauqelin´s to rigorously examine it.

If you notice, most natal astrologers are really good about going back and reverse engineering after the fact. That´s a very nice parlour game, but not of much use. Natal astrology seems pretty much that to me....it´s a nice "ice breaker". You can chit-chat about it ad infinitum ( i.e. astro-seek) and so it´s a nice social tool. Otherwise, it´s not very useful but to the extent that it does work, one has to ask, WHY?

It seems like Horary astrology might be worth pursuing. It seems like it would be potentially useful and easier to test than natal astrology.

At this point, seeing very little use of natal astrology, as such, I will probably turn my attention to planetary magic, medical astrology and, above all, horary. Stay tuned for my results!
February 3, 2020 at 18:15
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user darkneptune, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I agree with you because when I´ve started to examine astrology, especially my birth chart, I was suprised how signs, their positions and aspects are accurate to me. I believe everyone is fascinated with birth chart and natal astrology because of our ego. We all wanted to hear some stuff about ourselves because astrology isn´t mainstream thing and it´s completely different from daily horoscope in newspapers. It´s the easiest way to deal with problems accusing astrology aspects for our behaviour, acts etc. I think natal chart is just potential that shows our identity´s surface and it is created for something bigger, especially negative aspects like squares which can learn us to fight in life for what we want and overcome challenges and some barriers.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »