Planet of Fear (Anxiety)?

January 29, 2020 at 11:20 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) dani_mae1
Planet of Fear (Anxiety)?
Researching online it appears a lot of astrologers associate your fears with Saturn.

I looked at my own placement (Saturn in Scorpio) and thought about my fears that seem to have no basis in reality, not the things that have a correspondent. And I have a total irrational fear of Zombies, specifically a zombie apocalyptic outbreak (I know, totally not based in reality). Then i was thinking about my Saturn in Scorpio and Scorpio having to do with death and rebirth and it made sense to me.

So, what is your irrational fear and what sign is your Saturn?

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
September 12, 2021 at 08:08
(Aquarius) viv » LibranSunAndMoon
yeah, I agree about past life experiences as sometimes being the basis of fear. I have Saturn in Libra in the 12th conjunct Neptune and square Mercury in Capricorn 3rd. I´ve got a pretty good grasp on Capricornian 3D reality most of the time but sometimes I look at my kids and grandkids and fear that they will die too soon or they will experience some terrible injury and my eyes fill with tears, although there is no basis for this in the here and now. V
September 12, 2021 at 08:03
(Aquarius) viv » Iceblu333
my friend who has done lots of DMT and mushrooms reckons you need a witness to begin with and to dance it all out. Renn Bulter a good astrologer in Victoria BC, Canada who works in the Grof/Tarnas tradition, also gives lots of advice on clearing with substance induced altered states ....but its not for me! I have more than enough visions as it is.V
September 12, 2021 at 07:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » darkneptune
System message: Post has been written by user MartianPisces, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I totally agree I have that same placement
February 1, 2020 at 00:07
(Pisces) fishscales » goldenlion32
Aw Goldie, you´re just into guys who practice "ethical polyamory" :61: :2:
January 31, 2020 at 16:53
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » LibranSunAndMoon
I think you´re correct. The Dark Side of Psychiatry has this DSMV they have a mental impairment or mental disorder for every human emotion, thought, and feeling we experience. If you research what is normal feelings, emotions, and thoughts in society you will find there is no such thing.

We only focus on everything being abnormal.
January 31, 2020 at 16:48
(Libra) LibranSunAndMoon » fishscales
Either way, I fear I have already wasted too much time on this conversation

Same ?
January 31, 2020 at 10:23
(Pisces) fishscales » LibranSunAndMoon
"And yet zombie apocalypse has far less basis in reality than... everything you mentioned."

Yes, because getting strangled in your sleep by Colonel Klink could totally happen...

"I was talking about the very first time in the history of humanity that someone referred to fear as being ´irrational´"

Who knows...the person who first used the phrase could have been someone who had an irrational fear but was conscious enough to realize it was irrational. Not really a question to expend too much mental energy on either way.

"Enjoy your lifelong fears!"

I was not referring to myself in any of my posts. Not that I have no fears, but no more or less than the average person I think.

Your first post in this topic stated that fear exists to push us in the right direction. You never specified if that direction was towards or away from the fear. From the way you wrote it, it seemed to me that you were saying fear pushes us in the right direction, as in our fears were something we should use to guide us...in the sense that we should honor them. That´s the main thing I took issue with and why I replied in the first place. I can see now through your other posts that´s not what you meant.

Either way, I fear I have already wasted too much time on this conversation
January 31, 2020 at 04:07
And yet zombie apocalypse has far less basis in reality than... everything you mentioned.

I was talking about the very first time in the history of humanity that someone referred to fear as being ´irrational´

It´s whatever though. There´s clearly no reasoning with you ☺️. Enjoy your lifelong fears!
January 31, 2020 at 02:00
(Pisces) fishscales » LibranSunAndMoon
"I highly doubt someone was experiencing some terrible fear about something and proclaimed that their OWN fear was irrational"

See first post in thread.

It does happen.
January 31, 2020 at 01:43
(Libra) LibranSunAndMoon » Axelopian
Whose arguing? Forums are generally for discussion of varying viewpoints ☺️

Claiming fear is ´irrational´ when it stems from something based in reality is silly to me (no matter how much someone may overreact to the fear itself)

This thread makes me wonder who exactly first claimed a fear to be ´irrational´ in the first place. I highly doubt someone was experiencing some terrible fear about something and proclaimed that their OWN fear was irrational. More than likely that someone else who couldn´t understand pointed their finger and said that the person was being ´irrational´ just because THEY didn´t share the fear.

1. A persistent, abnormal, and/or unreasonable fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

Everything you listed sounds dangerous to me. And frankly imo, downplaying the underlying issue at hand by viewing your own feelings as ´irrational´ sort of puts you (mentally) in an isolated space to never feel confident enough to try working on said fears. After all, what can you do about a fear that has no basis in your mind´s reality?

We live in a world that has taken logical phrases such as ´I couldn´t care less´, changed it to ´I could care less´, and now more than 50% of the population uses the altered saying (which means the EXACT opposite of what is intended)
And everyone´s cool with it.

I´m a very literal person. I´m an advocate for self betterment AND the powerful influence words can have on ourselves and our environment. If you accept your fears as being something you can never get past because the words you choose claim that there´s no logical reason for them, I guess my words here are wasted ?

Maybe it´s just a matter of semantics.. and I´m really not trying to argue, quite the contrary! I´m trying to help as much as any total stranger on the internet can ☺️ but I think it´s perhaps more beneficial to view your REACTION as being ´irrational´ and not the fear itself! Words have power and your own words can liberate you, or assist in keeping you in a mental prison.
January 31, 2020 at 01:09
(Pisces) fishscales » Axelopian
"Uranus in capricorn strong conjunction with Neptune in capricorn too. I’m also a perfectionist who struggles to operate in a structured world -"

I think that when Neptune and Saturn meet, such as in Neptune in Capricorn, or through a hard aspect, that trouble with a structured world pops up...it certainly does with me with my Neptune-Saturn opposition... I am either all structure, or very amorphous and unstructured, and have alot of difficulty reconciling the two...

You also have Uranus opposite Venus, your chart ruler...perhaps that could ramp up the nervous energy and restlessness a bit...

Moon in Gemini could make you a little high strung/restless too...

I don´t see anything in your chart that indicates you´re a pathologically high strung person or anything though...you´re Mercury, which rules your nervous system, looks to be in pretty good condition too :15:
January 31, 2020 at 00:48
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
"And it doesn´t go back to the 11th house or even further?"

No idea on that.

Even the twelfth house thing is just a theory, ultimately.
January 31, 2020 at 00:35
(Pisces) N_thecat » Axelopian
I´ve already learned my natal greyhound so well that I rather know where my fears lie.

My natal chart is not wrong and my fear lives in...

1. My water Moon - that gives me fear understood as distrust
2. My Saturn placement in 5th house (only in part)
3. Neptune in 6th house - fear at work, fear of responsibility at work, psychosomatic disorders
4. Uranus on the cusp ... It´s at the end of my 5th, which some sources interpret already in the next house - what I mean is that Uranus knocks on my door at work (6th house talks about our work) and gives me an irrational fear of unexpected accidents at work, which may end up being horrible for me - these may be the results of my mistakes, which I will have to pay for, but in fact, what I am most afraid of...just accidents at work, I mean, accidents that may end up in disability or death. I know it´s weird, but I really feel it. That´s why I don´t accept some jobs - if they require me to take too much responsibility or if I think they´re...dangerous, I stay out of it, however ridiculous it sounds.
5. Moon opposite Mars aspect - it says a lot about my fear, but it´s rather like my early "warning system" - it senses danger way before something bad happens.
January 30, 2020 at 23:29
(Pisces) N_thecat » stigmí
>"I think fear is stronger by that persons whose moon is endangered by some specific planets , for example pluto, saturn, neptun, uran...."

You´re probably right. Moon - Saturn aspects are often depressing, Moon - Pluto gives family problems, often toxic mother - daughter - relationshiop, emotional intensity... I don´t know how the Moon works with Neptune or Uranus, I can only imagine... I won´t be surprised if most aspects are difficult, except for those with benefics like Jupiter or Venus.

My Moon has aspects with :160:, :154: and :155: and all these aspects are difficult.
January 30, 2020 at 22:45
(Cancer) Axelopian » LibranSunAndMoon
Haha well, first of all, you don’t know what my background or experiences are ? so, better to not assume what might have lead to these more rational fears being experienced by myself as irrational - like you have said. You aren’t aware of how they impact or what behaviours they can encourage in my life or from myself, so you really are only able to judge rationality in relation to my experiences of these things from a very basic standpoint. I’m not going to give those experiences/ history up here haha but I will state that I experience fear in ways that some might consider “irrational” in connection to those areas listed.

You don’t need to understand it :) I commented on this thread to add to the conversation - not to argue about what you believe rationality is.

Thanks!
January 30, 2020 at 18:12
(Libra) LibranSunAndMoon » Axelopian
Not a single one of the things you´ve listed are ´irrational´ ?

MAYBE falling from a high place or drowning, in the event that you´ve previously made concrete decisions to NEVER be around high places, or bodies of water for the rest of your life..

If you´ve previously vowed to NEVER take a bath or swim.. or be around enough water to drown, then okay.. I could agree those might be irrational. But for the most part, everything you´ve listed could be viewed from a rational standpoint as... well... just a regular fear.

Honestly.. the bottom line for me in this thread is that fear is admittedly, a VERY low vibrational state of being. Like all emotions, it should be felt, recognized, and LET GO OF!

Learn to replace fear with gratitude during times of ´irrationality´ lol
January 30, 2020 at 14:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Rosa‏‏‎ ‎
System message: Post has been written by user darkneptune, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Big mood.
We attract situations we´re thinking about, that´s the worst part. Of course negative situations if we think negatively.
January 30, 2020 at 12:25
(Cancer) Axelopian
I have a bunch of mega irrational fears ?
1. Natural disasters
2. Biowarfare
3. War
4. Parasites
5. Disease/cancer
6. Apocalypse
7. Dying violently (falling from height, drowning it being stuck somewhere and suffocating, impact death etc)
8. Failing life/ being alone

I thought I would have some sort of Scorpio placement in connection to my saturn/Uranus/Neptune placements buto reflect this but couldn’t find anything... lots of people tell me these things seem silly or inevitable to fear as much as I do but I do, can’t help it. I wonder if it may have something to do with Saturn in Aquarius Jupiter in Virgo I think I might have some answers.
January 30, 2020 at 12:11
(Cancer) Axelopian » fishscales
“My Uranus is conjunct my ASC, and although it doesn´t really give me anxiety, it makes me very anxious I think... if that makes sense... Naturally wired and high strung...”

I feel this so much ^^
Uranus in capricorn strong conjunction with Neptune in capricorn too. I’m also a perfectionist who struggles to operate in a structured world - which then gives me so much nervous energy and self doubt.

I feel restless all the time and known as highly strung. Thought I had anxiety for years but just recently diagnosed with adhd - wonder how these planets affect this energy
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
January 30, 2020 at 10:25
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » LibranSunAndMoon
“ Ultimately, fear IS a tool. If you study what you fear.. what you resist the most.. you WILL better your person. Facing our fears is (imo) one of the reasons we are here! If you don´t study your own reactions and emotions, you will advance quite slowly, and go about your life thinking everything is one big coincidence (and miss out on the beautiful synchronicity”

I can somewhat agree with the philosophy of facing ones fears, but in a “smart” way.

For instance, I have been open on the forum about my struggles with PTSD. For me one of the ways it presents is a fear of driving. It’s a trigger for me. In therapy we worked together on coping mechanisms and established a good foundation before tackling the fear. Once the mechanisms were in place, we started practicing using them but in controlled circumstances. For instance, I started with short trips precisely planned out and my husband there as back up, and slowly transitioned to bigger things. I’m still not where I want to be, I used to be able to hop in the car and do a 13 hour road trip no problem, and that’s my goal.

I suppose my point is, fear is very dangerous. And needs to be approached with much caution. But, yes, it CAN be approached.
January 30, 2020 at 08:19
(Taurus) nutelina » fishscales
Awesome! And it doesn´t go back to the 11th house or even further?
January 30, 2020 at 05:53
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » LibranSunAndMoon
I´f you haven´t watched the whole show,

It´s from the cartoon "Boondocks"

Episode "The Health Inspector"

Dude had a fear of getting raped in prison after dropping the soap....
Had nightmares about it.

Then he literally had to face... getting his rear end tore open.. or shanked....in prison after trying to face his fears... in the end...

Is that irrational?
January 30, 2020 at 05:50
So was his fear irrational?
YouTube
YouTube
January 30, 2020 at 05:43
What about people with the fear of dropping the soap in prison, and getting raped? :4: :61:
YouTube
YouTube
January 30, 2020 at 05:38
If you truly have some fear that is SO bizarre and unlikely to happen in reality that you could refer to it as ´irrational´.. then FINE.. call it what you wish (and enjoy that)?

If your teeth rot out of your head, you have more than one issue at hand. You eat too much sweets.. or you dont brush your teeth (or both)
The dentist perhaps has some issue with aggression.. and has physically hurt you in the past. Your fear of that dentist, accompanied by a functioning mind, could push you towards finding a dentist that doesn´t instill fear in you..
But either way, the fear CAME from SOMEWHERE! even regarding your ridiculous example, something in your past caused you fear of strangulation. Or maybe you fell asleep as a child during Hogan´s heroes and had a nightmare ?
More importantly.. how did you leave your house to find someone to knock you up in the event that you had crippling agoraphobia to begin with!? You´ve gotta look at the whole picture.. not just some of it!

Ultimately, fear IS a tool. If you study what you fear.. what you resist the most.. you WILL better your person. Facing our fears is (imo) one of the reasons we are here! If you don´t study your own reactions and emotions, you will advance quite slowly, and go about your life thinking everything is one big coincidence (and miss out on the beautiful synchronicity)

Frankly, if colonel klink is the worst of your issues, I say you´ve got it super fucking easy lol
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »