Saturn trine Pluto

November 28, 2019 at 03:38 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Saturn trine Pluto
I have this aspect, and have always had a difficult time understanding it...

It seems like all the publicity goes to the Saturn/Pluto conjunctions, squares, and oppositions... The hard aspects.

Although the trine isn´t a "hard" aspect, with these two, it´s still going to be a darker one...perhaps a difficult one...

What are these two up to when they´re trining eachother? What is the ultimate purpose of this aspect?

If trines are supposed to represent what you´re good at, what exactly does this aspect make you "good at"?

People are often very grateful for their trines amidst their more difficult aspects... But I can´t really see anyone saying "thank God for my Saturn/Pluto trine!" :61:

What is this aspect good for? What can, or should, be harvested from it?

Sometimes these two energies seem like they would be better off in a hard aspect, where there´s some push-pull, rather than in an aspect where the energies flow together...

I can usually get a pretty clear feel for an aspect when I see it on paper...I struggle with this one though...

It´s a particularly concerning one for me, since both planets are involved in a grand trine with my moon

Any insights/education welcome...

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
July 1, 2021 at 22:35
(Pisces) fishscales » Kasperanza
"I feel like it´s great for psychiatrists, policemen, and firefighters. People who are strong in the face of intense limitation and fear."

Yeah interesting.

I don´t know how I am in the face of limitations...it depends on what the limitations are..but I am pretty good in a crisis situation, I have to say.

It´s almost like this calm serenity takes over and I can function with more clarity and focus than I can in every day, routine situations.
July 1, 2021 at 22:07
(Leo) Kasperanza
Saturn-trine-Pluto to me suggests an easy or positive transformation of power or authority figures. Improved regulations. Better limitations. Stronger or more effective rules. Having a greater and deeper understanding of rules.

These are generational planets, so unless you have a personal planet aspecting these planets, this aspect won´t have much of an effect. It´s really important to look at the houses. Wherever Saturn is, that´s the area of life you limit yourself. Wherever Pluto is, that´s the area of life that will give you options to develop or transform these limitations.

With your moon involved, to me this suggests an incredible ability to control your emotions. Almost to the point of being a robot in your pursuit towards progress and achievement. It´s excellent for maintaining a mature and powerful approach to your emotions and habits, especially during chaotic and traumatic events when everyone around you crumbles and loses control. I feel like it´s great for psychiatrists, policemen, and firefighters. People who are strong in the face of intense limitation and fear.

Both of these planets are malefics, so it´s not exactly fun or uplifting, but serious and solemn. At least they aren´t square to each other.
July 1, 2021 at 13:00
(Pisces) fishscales
Reading back on this, I was wrong to say I don´t have a feel for this aspect...I do.

My dilemma regarding it is more like that War song...

"What is it good for?"

I guess it gives an ability to be serious, and there is an iron-willed persistence in there too...

Just not the most lighthearted aspect...

Pretty heavy when it takes place in the water houses too, and personalized by the moon, like in my chart.
July 1, 2021 at 01:07
(Capricorn) Emanuel
Here you go :

"SATURN-PLUTO ASPECTS: THE TRANSFORMER

With Saturn conjunct, square, opposite, sextile or trine Pluto in your birth chart, you’re a transformer. This aspect means that it is your duty to be a catalyst for major transformation. How that transformation will manifest and what it will entail will vary from person to person. It could
mean transforming the situations that you’re in or taking yourself from disempowering or unhealthy circumstances to situations where your inner power can flourish. It could mean transforming the lives of other people in ways that help them see just how they’re ruining their potential or well-being and how to overcome that. It also could very well mean transforming yourself from deep within, figuring out what’s troubling you on the inside and how to work through and release those issues.
You might also achieve any combination of the three. In any case, your purpose requires you to figure out and conquer the deeper, more complicated issues at play in any given situation.

Since Saturn symbolizes the bond with one’s father figure, having Saturn-Pluto energy means that there will be many particularly deep, complicated issues that you have to work out with your father. Sure, that can be said of anyone. But, these problems can truly feel like profound and damaging difficulties that have a gradually destructive effect on the relationship. It’s common to see those with this placement struggle with fathers who are consumed by their inner darkness. If so, he will be an abusive, toxic, or suffocating influence in your life. He might be incredibly manipulative, a control freak, threatening, or malicious. Because of this, you have been confronted with the dark side of life through your rapport with him.

He may have the ability to bring out the worst in you and vice versa, since you can harbor an exceptional amount of rage, vindictiveness, spite, or resentment toward him for whatever he’s done to you. With Saturn-Pluto placements, it can feel like your father is out to destroy you but, at some point, you figure out subtle yet unnerving ways to destroy him. The relationship turns into a deadly

battle for power and you might beat him at his own game as you get older. But, at what cost? As much as you may have feared him, growing up, there is something fearsome within you that can emerge in the face of his abuse, his mind games, his psychological and overt control. In the process, your dark side grows out of control and you end up directing it toward anyone that you feel that power struggle with. Yet, you can project that on to so many situations and read negative intentions where there are none.

The relationship with the father can also be a positive one, of course. He may be one of the most empowering people in your life, allowing you to actually feel like you can assume this amazing, ferocious control over your destiny and life. Still, he might be an overwhelming figure in your life, even if he doesn’t mean to, and he can struggle with his inner darkness in ways that rub off on you. Saturn-Pluto people tend to have a Dad who has been traumatized dramatically in life and even if he treats you well, that trauma gets passed down to you somehow. Maybe it’s because he dies when you’re very young or due to him being helplessly caught up in a cycle that puts him in bad situations. Also, he may periodically lose it and let his dark side take over through displays of anger, hostility, or self-destruction that frighten you. Even if it’s just occasional, it sticks with you.

People with Saturn in aspect to their Pluto live with a very heavy amount of fear due to the constantly threatening energy that they are accustomed to. These fears can absolutely drive you to the psychological edge, making you so terrified of being abandoned, betrayed, lied to, mistreated, or controlled that you go to emotional extremes to prevent it. You become desperately intent on being in control, you lash out and hurt others before they can hurt you, or you let all of the worries and suspicions consume you until you aren’t seeing anything clearly anymore. Whenever you’re faced with intimacy with someone, in particular, these patterns emerge in an ugly way that can ruin
anything good that you might’ve had with that person. It seems like you’re fate yet you fail to

recognize just how much you are responsible for all of this destruction. Also, you might realize it but just fail to care or do anything truly constructive about it.

One reason why you’re the transformer is how much you change when you are emotionally
triggered. Having this placement means that you’ve been through something significantly traumatic in life that causes you to become an emotional minefield. The fact that you can keep all of this
hidden fairly well means that other people don’t know they’re walking through the minefield until they make the wrong move. As much as it can run other people off, it scares you just as much. Panic attacks, vicious rages, mental breakdowns, and total compulsiveness are all reactions that Saturn-Pluto people can struggle with. You have to understand where all of these emotions and responses are coming from and see it as your job to overcome these psychological issues.

Often times, this requires real intimacy with another person, which is a fear that’s much more deep- seated for those with this energy than the average individual. Something inside of you truly feels like you will be annihilated if you really let someone else access you intimately. It could be because you’re so ashamed of your hidden emotional complexes that the idea of someone else finding out about them is just too much. You also know how well you can hurt people or how there’s this part of you that wants to ruin your happiness with someone else. So, letting someone get close and become a victim of that feels like too much of a risk. Then, you become that classic person who
advises a potential partner to stay away from them because they’re too emotionally messed up.

Sex also reveals many of your unresolved issues. It’s a double-edged sword because you feel such a powerful sexual desire, to the point where it almost possesses you, yet the sexual act brings up so many conflicting feelings. Unfortunately, for many Saturn-Pluto individuals, this is due to the trauma of being molested, raped, or overly sexualized in your formative or younger years. An inability to fully come to terms with what happened means that you are always unconsciously recreating it, on

some level or another, when you have sex. Also, the issues in the bedroom can just stem from you not wanting anyone else to truly be intimate with you and know your darker side. All sorts of sexual problems can result: performance issues, difficulties climaxing, holding back too much or being too controlling, a totally insatiable libido or a lack of sexual pleasure. You can go to the extremes of being very promiscuous to the point of sex addiction or being so celibate that you cut yourself off from sex in a very unnecessary or repressed manner.

It’s a lot to deal with, which is why you have to transform all of these issues. You have to be willing to not only confront your demons but gain a hold over them. Your Saturn Return can be a time where those demons take over to the point where a Hell is created that you can’t get out of.
However, you are the one who put yourself in Hell. So, you can pull yourself out of it. Whatever happened in your past, it’s in the past. Yes, it scarred you and you’ll never be the same. But, you won’t develop the power you need to overcome it if you are too trapped in that emotional place. Reconcile when and how you can. Let go. Also, and this is a major one, forgive. Insisting that certain people aren’t worth your forgiveness is only going to keep you attached to that emotional pain. If this is too hard of a concept, I would say don’t necessarily forgive them. Forgive life for
allowing it to happen. So much occurs that’s beyond your control and you’ve learned this lesson in a very painful way. Yet, you’re still alive. You still survived. Dwelling on the pain that someone has
caused you means that you’re failing to see that.

This will manifest in a major way in your relationship with your father. Whatever he’s done to you, obsessing over it is not going to put you in the powerful place you need to be. Instead, it keeps you victimized. Saturn-Pluto people can either fail to stand up to their Dad and remain under his thumb or be so focused on battling him that they don’t know how to let the animosity go. You need to find the inner strength to be in control of your own life, without him interfering, while also knowing that

you are strong enough to no longer hold anything against him. In many cases, the trauma or pain he’s been through should allow you to realize why he is the way he is. People don’t do seemingly evil, harmful, or destructive things for no reason. You should know that, firsthand.

Yet, in more positive cases, while there still may be some resentment that has to be worked through, your Dad can primarily utilize his power of perception to help you process your emotional issues. You might experience him as your therapist and learning to trust him can provide you with the maturity to trust other people. Not trusting anyone is how you build too many emotional walls
around yourself, which you must break down at some point. It won’t be easy, though, and will have to be done in a brick-by-brick process. Of course, going to an actual therapist would do wonders for you. The stigma surrounding therapy can be much stronger to you than it is for many people. But, resisting anyone else’s psychoanalysis of you is only going to make life harder for you because you’ll have much less insight into what you do and why. If Pluto is making many aspects in your chart, you may be able to psychoanalyze yourself very well. However, this keeps you limited if you aren’t able to get some sort of outside opinion. Not only because it can provide you with greater perspective but because it shows you how to reveal your secrets to other people.

You’re only as sick as your secrets and you’re going to have to find some way to get them all out. Having an artistic outlet does wonders for you, in this sense, and can be turned into a real career. Anything that is cathartic, soul-baring, and raw will feel like a real calling for you. Then, the sense of responsibility you feel to explore your dark side will be experienced on the job. Releasing all of that energy will then show you that it’s not so bad. Your fears of somehow annihilating the other person or of them running away in fear of you will dissipate if you can express that energy in a professional environment with safe boundaries. Then, you’ll be able to translate that into intimacy in your
personal life. You’ll also find that you will excel at getting other people to share their secrets an have their moments of catharsis. This is how you make a deep impact because you will provide

them with the understanding and the connection that they need to process all of those hard-to- comprehend feelings and states. So, having a job where you have to counsel people and figure them out in an insightful manner will give you a strong sense of purpose.

Pluto is the archetype of death, as well, and with age, you come to terms with death on literal and metaphorical levels. You might have grown up totally fascinated by it and terrified of it, at the same time. Proverbially, that sense of death is felt in anything that frightened you at an early age. Don’t they say that all fears lead back to the ultimate fear of dying? So, you might have been scared of everything early on in life. But, for many folks with this influence, this can transform into a sort of
numbness or recklessness in the face of what’s supposed to be scary. Close brushes with death are very common with Saturn-Pluto people and often occur at a very young age. Also, having many people close to you die in a period of time or experiencing a major loss, early in life or unexpectedly, that you still haven’t gotten over can represent this feeling of being so used to the thing that everyone else is frightened of.

You will be required to work through any unfinished business you have as far as loved ones that you’ve lost. Feel that grief, own it, and make your way through it. You’ll always love and miss them and nothing will ever make up for them not being here. But, that’s just the cycle of life. Accepting this as reality brings you newfound strength. So does accepting the reality of your ultimate demise. Almost dying during certain moments of your life forever changes you because you come closer to the end, the great beyond. The post-traumatic effect of this may be a desensitization to your own well-being, so content with the thought of dying that you’re practically crying out for the Grim Reaper to pay you a visit. This may make suicidal thoughts hard to escape. Yet, you are a true survivor and seem to have nine lives. Surviving a near-death experience should show you that if that situation didn’t physically kill you, then all of the other things you struggle with won’t either.

Obviously, you’re going to die at some point, just like everyone else. But, you’re alive and kicking
now. Embrace life, instead of trying to sabotage it.

These experiences will also allow you to recognize what needs to die on a metaphorical level. It’s all a part of a cycle and you can not only help yourself but aid other people through the various losses of life. Your Saturn Return might involve the actual death of someone you love. But, it can just as likely, if not more, mean that a relationship or a situation is proverbially dying. You have to accept it and let it go, knowing that this person or this circumstance is simply not meant to be a part of your life anymore. Grief over death stems largely from hanging on to what once was. Understanding this will help you assist other people who are struggling through various forms and levels of loss or who don’t understand that it’s time to let go of something or someone. The strength of Saturn and the intensity of Pluto can also make you excellent to have around in any sort of crisis. In professional situations, knowing your capabilities will help you keep your cool in particularly dramatic circumstances. Something in or about the workplace is bound to be intense for you. If not, you
probably won’t be very fulfilled in that environment. It’s not to say that you need drama on the job. Just powerful connection and considerable depth.

This also translates into your sex life. Most people with a Saturn-Pluto aspect have a sexuality that develops in a particularly unhealthy way. While this may mean due to assault, abuse, or inappropriate attention, it can also stem from the sex-negative messages of society. Regardless, you have to shed yourself of any negative attitudes, fears, or unresolved issues you have surrounding sex. Your sex life may become increasingly frustrating or unsatisfying during your Saturn Return in a way that really demands your attention. Although you may spend a part of your life sexually repressed or inhibited, you also can go to a wild extreme and feel like you’ve gotten over that. But, maybe, you haven’t. Maybe there is still a level of repression or inhibition, which is much more emotional than physical in nature, you have to face in order to have much better sex. Maybe you

don’t trust the other person enough with your sexual needs and desires. If you’re avoiding real emotional intimacy, it will be evident in the problems you’re having sexually. This becomes yet another aspect of your life that must be transformed and it has to start from the inside out.

Saturn conjunct Pluto: The conjunction indicates that your secrets are most likely to drive you over the emotional edge. You’re so aware of everything that you struggle with internally yet your mistrust, guardedness, or obsession with control prevent you from revealing it. Once you learn how to use your immense power, you will totally overhaul your life, feeling born again in the process.

Saturn square or opposite Pluto: The square and opposition aspects make it very hard for you to own up to the darkness that lurks within you. This is why you can be highly self-destructive and not understand why you’re so cursed. You’re the one who has hexed yourself but you can also undo the curse. By doing so, you will understand how all of your intensity can be put to good use.

Saturn sextile or trine Pluto: With the sextile or trine, you experience a more organic access to and expression of your dark side. You aren’t as afraid of your shadowy energy and know just how impactful and transformative you can be. Still, opting to create and not destroy can still very much be a struggle for you. Developing strong psychological awareness is the key to overcoming that.
"
November 30, 2019 at 08:41
November 30, 2019 at 00:16
(Pisces) fishscales » pixel
"Being afraid blocks the natural flow of energy and makes you uncomfortable, and that may be what could make you misuse that side."

Most definitely...

I think this aspect has alot to do with fear, and with the ego...

Saturn sometimes wants to preserve the ego.. Out of fear... Pluto can either want to destroy the ego, or go to unfathomable lengths to defend it

The preserver aspect of Saturn, working in harmony with the destroyer aspect of Pluto, is just a very odd combination to me... One that I don´t really understand, yet can see going very wrong...

Thanks for your post though... Thoughtful...
November 29, 2019 at 22:55
(Pisces) fishscales » emerauxe
Yes, but those progressions are not going to change the inherent energies of the birth chart...
November 29, 2019 at 22:38
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user emerauxe, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The planets do progress and new aspects are formed.
November 29, 2019 at 06:39
(Leo) pixel » pixel
... I know all that is easier to say...

:17:
November 29, 2019 at 06:16
(Leo) pixel » fishscales
I think that each of us has a facet of ourselves that we have to master (or at least try to master). You are aware of this and it is important (it is proof that you have followed the path to discover who you are and, even if you have used it in the past to experience it: no matter if it was in the right way or the wrong way, what counts is above all what you will do with today).

It all depends on what we want to do with our abilities............

I understand what you mean by worry: it is what will keep you on the side of light (I agree with you: it is a daily work, and it is what will distinguish you from any other person): free will, and the difference is how you want to continue your journey on earth, with your gifts... :)

Being afraid blocks the natural flow of energy and makes you uncomfortable, and that may be what could make you misuse that side.

If I were you, I would let it work naturally...... It´s in you...... If it can help you or others... why not... maybe that´s what you have to do here in your life... But naturally, without aiming at anything, only to be yourself.

I hope you will understand what I tried to say...

November 29, 2019 at 02:16
(Pisces) fishscales » pixel
"The concept of a manipulator of energies - or magician - is evident; and you will naturally use subtle energies to help achieve your will; this may be applied either consciously with deliberation, or as an unconscious psychological projection or emanation from you"

That is the part of the aspect that worries me...

I don´t want to be a "manipulator of energies", even if it´s for a "positive" purpose...

And I know I have misused the ability in the past...

It just seems like a dangerous aspect to me if the energies are misused...you really have to commit to staying on the "light side"...
November 29, 2019 at 02:06
(Pisces) fishscales » emerauxe
"then Saturn trine Pluto exercises a wonderfully wise restraint on Pluto, insuring that you will always look before you leap."

That´s a pretty good observation...

Sometimes I think I have too many cautious placements though...

The moon/Saturn trine, two Taurus personal planets, moon in the 4th, the damn Jupiter in Capricorn...Libra rising, which weighs and balances everything before taking action...

The only "impulsive" placement I have is Mercury in Aries...

I wish I had a better balance sometimes...
November 29, 2019 at 00:55
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Leo Moon
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
How much you offer for my :157: :191: :160: ? :3:
November 28, 2019 at 23:36
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I’ll trade you my Pluto opposition Saturn for Your trine! :4:

I am still trying to figure out my Saturn trine Jupiter.

Is my restriction expanding? Or is my expansion contracting?! :43:
November 28, 2019 at 21:14
(Leo) pixel » pixel
Perhaps the difficulty would lie in resisting change ?
November 28, 2019 at 21:08
(Leo) pixel
Hi Fishscales !

I don´t know if this link could help you having a big picture of the sens of this aspect...(hope it will). It seems to be a very interesting aspect : an ability to organise your energies and your focus, abilities to self-training in aim of transformations... etc.

Lol : negative + negative (at first sight), like in math can give positive things ;) ... it depends on how you want to see it.

The main idea is about inner structure and that´s wonderful, isn´t it !

https://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/…

That´s also good for the emotional aspect too (moon).

November 28, 2019 at 18:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user emerauxe, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You should be grateful to have this nourishing aspect in your fish bowl, fish.

If Pluto is the higher octave of Mars and Mars is exalted in Capricorn, then Saturn trine Pluto exercises a wonderfully wise restraint on Pluto, insuring that you will always look before you leap.

A very protective wise safeguard to have as emergency fish food in your rear gill.
November 28, 2019 at 16:21
(Pisces) fishscales » leorising
I should clarify too... Although I don´t believe we consciously choose our families, we do have karmic connections with those people from previous existences...that´s why we return together... There´s an interplay of energies at work that can´t simply disappear...
November 28, 2019 at 14:52
(Libra) leorising » fishscales
i believe that we have choiced it...
because for each problem that we have, some patern of family are needed
for example, in my case i need of something happening to put me in action, by myself i would be just lazying for long time... i need a karma with of family to have a combust for my rocket
a mother disciplinative (saturn 4th)
November 28, 2019 at 14:45
"Yes, we have choiced them"

That´s not what I was saying...I don´t believe we choose our parents, family, or any other circumstances of our lives before we are born...

I believe all of those things are determined by our karma, not conscious choice (although our karma itself is the result of our conscious choices)... we get the family that is karmically appropriate for us...But that´s a different conversation...

"do you want this pluto in 12th house"

Not sure what you´re asking here... Do I want Pluto in the 12th house? I have it, but do I want it? Probably not... It´s kind of a pain in the ass...I appreciate it in some ways though, I suppose...

"-how do you live your uranus in 1st house?"

I think I needed to revolutionize my concept of partnerships (Uranus in Libra)
November 28, 2019 at 13:54
(Libra) leorising » fishscales
Yes, we have choiced them

edited:
do you want this pluto in 12th house" 

how do you live your uranus in 1st house?
November 28, 2019 at 13:51
"I´ve read that is the power that the mother give"

Interesting you mention that... Like I said in my original post, my Saturn/Pluto trine is part of a grand trine involving my moon...

I inherited alot of Saturn/Pluto type qualities from my mom and her side of the family... Some I do not want...

But we are born into the families that are karmically appropriate for us...
November 28, 2019 at 13:46
(Pisces) fishscales » MarvinReal
"You can read description of those aspects everywhere and get an idea."

I´ve read plenty of interpretations for it... I just can´t get a good feel for it...or what you´re supposed to do with it... How it´s supposed to express itself, at least beneficially...
November 28, 2019 at 13:41
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
I think the troublesome side of Gandalf´s magical staff is the subject of the next LOTR movie...

Him and Arwen drink a little too much mead and she spends the night...

Hilarity ensues...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »