Physical tunes

September 19, 2019 at 18:08 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Pixel
Physical tunes
Hi,
Do you think that there is a real correlation between instinctive physical attraction and astral contacts in synastry for exemple ?

Do you think social education and familiar faces (one´s own face) can play a bigger role ? Or not... ?

Thanks in advance. :17:

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
September 21, 2019 at 17:39
(Pisces) Nola_la » fishscales
I love that forum - I was thinking about starting a thread about Pluto, but now I see...a few questions/doubts have already been resolved here :3: :3: :3:
September 21, 2019 at 17:32
(Pisces) Nola_la » fishscales
Thanks, it´s really interesting subject :1:
September 21, 2019 at 14:43
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » nutelina
Yes. This whole thread was quite excellent!
September 21, 2019 at 09:09
(Aries) nutelina » Leo Moon
Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
September 21, 2019 at 07:38
(Leo) Pixel
I would have to practice more English to refine the expression of my ideas, because the discussions with you are very interesting:)

Thanks for all of you :)

:17:
September 21, 2019 at 07:37
(Leo) Pixel » fishscales
Thank you !

September 21, 2019 at 03:31
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
I´m not really expressing myself that well. This is a pretty broad and sweeping topic, tying in with karma and all the rest of it...hard to write about on an internet forum and cover all points... Especially when you´ve had a beer too many...

The ego of desire strikes again... :3:
September 21, 2019 at 03:15
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
I don´t know.

I really haven´t read that many Zen or Taoist books.

I don´t think the ego is a singular entity, it´s plural. We have many egos, and they all struggle against eachother for dominance.

We have egos of pride, fear, anger, greed, laziness, etc.

They wrestle against eachother every day, and we don´t even realize it.

Our ego of pride wants to work out so we can look good, but our ego of laziness wants to sit on the couch and eat potato chips.

Endless conflict, endless disunity.

The Tibetans call our ego a collection of "psychological aggregates."

Hinduism relates the ego to "samskaras" which literally means "bundle."

The Bible calls the ego demons, or "legion."

Even though they´re all different, our egos are all fueled by the same two things: fear and desire.

The example I gave about potato chips was obviously mundane and inconsequential, but it´s pretty easy for anyone to see that fear and desire are the root of all the suffering in the world, both internal and external.

Hence all the energy devoted by the traditional religions (in their true forms) to annihilate the ego.

Unfortunately, the religious of today do not understand religion, and the more "rational", scientifically minded think they "know better." The ego of pride strikes again.
September 21, 2019 at 02:08
(Aries) ram_goat » Leo Moon
yes it is good. and somewhow I never heard of this guy..
a good catch.

my this is so much more pleasant than arguing over bullshit that doesn´t
matter, isn´t it?
September 21, 2019 at 01:57
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » ram_goat
This one really looks Pisces.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 21, 2019 at 01:50
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » fishscales
So Fish, do You relate to the ego as described in Zen And Tao?

I do. It’s a surface thing. It is difficult to delve beneath the surface.
September 21, 2019 at 01:40
Pisces. That’s a cool observation!

Yes, I can see the Neptunian energy.

I have loved Arthur Rakum since I saw his work as a child.

Dreamy, fantasy. :15:
September 21, 2019 at 01:36
(Aries) ram_goat » Leo Moon
wow that´s a great pisces one..

some signs get the best treatment from artists..

trying to catch that ephemerial watery trait of pisces always
produces good art.

must take them 2x as long as some other signs to capture the essence
in the art.
September 21, 2019 at 01:30
(Pisces) fishscales » Pixel
"I´ll try to explain things in other manner, hoping it will be more clear :
Some experiences show that, attraction (for physical traits) is based on a certain similarity with our appearance (we look for our own physical features in a partner (face)....: Eye shape or overall harmony of the face (even if it is not obvious at first sight)."

Well of course, I look for partners that kind of look like me, because I´m beautiful

:61:

No I get what you´re saying I think...

I never really thought about it..

Most of my partners have not looked very much like me at all...

"I´ m thinking about that because, somtimes we find aspects in astrology, but we don´t feel attracted ti the other person."

If I´m attracted to someone and I do the synastry, I can usually find some aspects to back it up... I´ve even been able to tell what aspect would be in the synastry just from the "feel" of the attraction... I´ve guessed a Mars/Venus conjunction before, as well as a Mars/Venus trine...

I have met women who are my physical concept of ideal, and even if I liked them as people, there was no real sexual spark...this would always be backed up by the synastry. Great mercury/Jupiter, Sun/Jupiter, or similar aspects, but no Mars/Venus, Venus/Pluto, etc...
September 21, 2019 at 01:08
(Leo) Pixel » fishscales
... or the nature of man´s Venus : my ex-es are suns in water sign with venus in fire sign : :171:, :179: and :175:...
September 21, 2019 at 00:46
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
"Ego = sun? Or moon ..."

I don´t view the ego as an astrological principle. It´s a bit beyond that.

I don´t align with the modern, psychological definition of the ego either.

What I define as the ego is probably beyond the scope of this post...

But I guess if I were forced to associate the ego with an astrological principle, it would be the moon.

Basically, the ego is fueled by two things: fear and desire. Or, aversion and attraction: two things than can be associated with the moon by way of instinct. The moon rules instinct, and instincts have no rhyme or reason: we are attracted and averted to certain things due to our own personal instincts.

"So fear is coming from the ego... becaue it is about to be challenged.. So what is the Pluto feeling? Inevitable? Fear? The dark black hole which is just in your mind?"

Yes, fear comes from the ego, because the ego is ignorant of reality, and ignorance of reality breeds fear.

The ego fears the end of its own existence, and it also fears existence that is not on its own terms.

Pluto is asking us what we are going to do about that fear.

But he´s neutral.

If we follow the path of our ego, Pluto will employ every possible tactic to fortify our ego, often by exercising his formidable power on the external world and those around us.

If we choose to annihilate the ego, the fire of Pluto is turned inward, incinerating the ego in its wake.

Pluto being used positively asks us to jump across the chasm of our fears with absolutely no knowledge of what is on the other side, or even if we´ll survive the jump.

The parts of ourselves that we lose while we´re making that jump are the parts that we needed to lose... So unbeknownst to us, we are in for a soft landing... even though the lead-up to the jump may be agnozing and truly terrifying.

Either way, whether he´s being used to bolster the ego or annihilate it, one thing can be sure: Pluto is going to me mercilessly uncompromising in his methods.
September 21, 2019 at 00:40
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » Leo Moon
Have to add his cat illustration!
Login
(Log in)
September 21, 2019 at 00:39
And one more by Arthur Rakum
Login
(Log in)
September 21, 2019 at 00:38
Another by Arthur Rakum
Login
(Log in)
September 21, 2019 at 00:37
Another Rakum.
Login
(Log in)
September 21, 2019 at 00:36
Looking at those fantastic Hilda pictures made me think about illustrators I have enjoyed.
Arthur Rakum is one.
Login
(Log in)
September 20, 2019 at 23:36
(Leo) Pixel » fishscales
I´ll try to explain things in other manner, hoping it will be more clear :
Some experiences show that, attraction (for physical traits) is based on a certain similarity with our appearance (we look for our own physical features in a partner (face)....: Eye shape or overall harmony of the face (even if it is not obvious at first sight).

So, my question was more in this sense: planets can be a small clue, a little something extra that would reinforce what we seek physically... ?!
I´ m thinking about that because, somtimes we find aspects in astrology, but we don´t feel attracted to the other person.

I am missing some elements, but from my experience, I would say that Pluto would have the greatest impact on attraction: more instinctive, more obsessive and more primary (even when you feel that something is going wrong.... It drags you blindly (Pluto square moon, mercury and venus))... May be...

September 20, 2019 at 21:40
(Aries) nutelina » fishscales
>I think it becomes bad when we resist the transformation.

Right :4:

>Pluto wants to either annihilate the ego and make way for something better, or it wants to compulsively cling to the ego, which holds us back and doesn´t allow the transformation to occur.

Ego = sun? Or moon ...

because when I look here...
https://astrologyreiki.com/blog/…

>When the immense power of Pluto is used constructively, it can incinerate the ego, destroy outdated psychological forms, and lead us to the light.
Pluto can be either a ladder to ascend, or a ladder to descend.
It is up to us how we want to use the energy.

Love it. So fear is coming from the ego... becaue it is about to be challenged.. So what is the Pluto feeling? Inevitable? Fear? The dark black hole which is just in your mind?
September 20, 2019 at 21:09
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
"I´d like to further expand on Pluto, when it´s a planet of transformation, when does it become bad?"

That´s a good question.

I think it becomes bad when we resist the transformation.

Pluto wants to either annihilate the ego and make way for something better, or it wants to compulsively cling to the ego, which holds us back and doesn´t allow the transformation to occur.

When the latter happens, all the psychological poisons inside of us that need to be transmuted basically stay inside of us and rot. In the process, they manifest as all kinds of compulsive, destructive behaviors. We become guided by empty psychological "shells" that no longer serve growth, yet continue to live, as well as retain enormous power.

When the immense power of Pluto is used constructively, it can incinerate the ego, destroy outdated psychological forms, and lead us to the light.

Pluto can be either a ladder to ascend, or a ladder to descend.

It is up to us how we want to use the energy.
September 20, 2019 at 20:48
(Aries) nutelina » fishscales
I´d like to further expand on Pluto, when it´s a planet of transformation, when does it become bad?
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »