Pluto square natal moon transit

August 23, 2019 at 03:18 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Pluto square natal moon transit
Reason 345 why I´m feeling loco.

Apparently a period of 1-2 years where intense psychological and emotional purging occurs. Anybody got any stories or examples of this? Right now mine is almost exact 90° angle. No wonder I´m feeling (alot of ways) right now

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
August 26, 2019 at 22:45
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » fishscales
I´ve always been a weird mix of extremist and traditionalist. It´s so confusing sometimes. Like a love/hate relationship in so many areas. Itll probably follow me wherever I go. Think I may start by just trying to go on more vacations. Like mini escapes from reality. This year, and the last several years, really had me tied down. Think I feel a shift from financial based reasoning to more life experiences. Lifes too short to be this wrapped up in any one thing. I´ve slaved away at financing my house until I reached a breaking point. Need a little yin in my yang, or yang in my yin
August 26, 2019 at 20:52
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
I just felt like I was giving you some irresponsible advice after reading ram goat´s more middle of the road posts/advice

All that "pull the plug and run"
stuff

Maybe it´s more of a play the game but don´t let the game play you type of thing that you need to seek out

You have built alot, letting it all go would be something you´d need to examine very, very carefully

Not that you´d let everything go based on some advice you got on an astrology forum :61:

In the end, it´s more about internal adjustments than external

I think if we adjust from the inside, the outside will fall into place more easily.

Let Pluto clear out that clutter, don´t hold on to it, and then in the end, you´ll hopefully be left with a cleaner, more streamlined version of your life...without having to overhaul *everything*

Glad you started this thread, because I am learning some things about my all or nothing, extremist nature from what I´ve read here

Gotta remember that the purpose of extremism is ultimately balance... Nothing should go full tilt to one side forever.
August 26, 2019 at 20:35
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » fishscales
Pretty interesting, and something I havent really looked at yet. And I believe it has been true for me. I "think" I may be past the buying a sailboat and sailing to Tahiti phase. This year at work and in the public realm

...well as far as work goes (I´m pretty non-existent other than work)

it has been a really good year actually. Got alot accomplished and do feel that I´m more balanced and in control at work. My NN is also transiting 10th house right now. Which brings more accomplishment at work.. at the expense of home life (which is definitely accurate-work good/house no good) I´ve had close to 3 weeks off to do some reflecting and calming myself. I just had to take time off. It had got that bad. (There is such thing as being too busy at work) Now, seeing things more clearly.

Work has also finally started to slow down. The fervent pace from spring through summer is enough in itself to push me over the edge. Damn near have a meltdown every year. Just too much too fast. And the thought of the slow winter drives me even harder. Eventually I hit a wall. I can sort of see it coming and then *bam*

((((((((Wall))))))))

Still trying to distance myself from the front counter at work. Would like to be insulated some from the craziness. It´s like the front line of a battle. I´d like having an office in the back. I´ve manned the fort for quite some time, and alerted the crew that some things need to change. Hopefully it will all work out.

Thanks for pointing that transit out

I´ve gotten all in to transits now that I see their effects. Found out Jupiter is transiting my 3rd right now, which increases thirst for knowledge. No wonder I´m studying astrology so much lately.
August 26, 2019 at 20:00
(Gemini) Iroquois Pliskin
I know a girl who couple of years ago was dealing with this transit (Pluto was squaring her Libra Moon). She has had an extremely difficult life. Around mid November she was so close to attempting suicide but managed to stop herself from doing that.
August 26, 2019 at 13:34
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
Just realized I experienced my Pluto square natal moon transit back in 85-86 through this thread too

Gotta think back to that time and see what I can learn...
August 26, 2019 at 13:24
I´m glad your starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel regarding this transit...

I think ram goat´s "middle road" type of advice was in order here

I tend to view Plutonian stuff as very scorched earth, all or nothing, "everything must go"...

Sometimes that may be the case, depending on the situation...

I think in most cases though, a Pluto transit is like cleaning your house... Sure, you want to get rid of alot of clutter and things that have outlived their usefulness, but you don´t throw EVERYTHING out...
August 26, 2019 at 08:25
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Sunnyshadow
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
This site does have a progression chart calculation, in the free charts calculation. You can see how your progressed chart looks. Moon and Sun are important to look at in terms of how your personality and inner world develops over long periods of time.
I took a look at your progressed chart, it is very interesting. Your Moon just changed signs like a few days ago, it is getting close to conjunction to Pluto at some point in a years or so. I have the same position, my Moon is literally getting into Libra in a day or two. Fun times awaiting, more Pluto-Moon things incoming :24: On the positive you may meet someone, a nice lady (if you are single)
August 26, 2019 at 07:27
(Leo) HeavenSent » Sunnyshadow
Thanks for the empathetic words, Sunnyshadow.

I need to properly read through this thread, and especially, copy and paste everything RamGoat said, for future reference.

I noticed you and I have some key placements in common - Leo Sun & Aries Moon. That´s cool. :5:

But you have Mars smack on your Mid Heaven. Wow! I wonder what that´s like to experience. My mother had that, and she had a notable career. :155: :99:
August 26, 2019 at 05:35
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Olenna
Thank you Olenna, good to know someone else is having a similar experience. What you wrote I can totally relate to. It´s really had a strong effect on me. I too want to change things that are no longer working for me. It has literally felt like death in some ways. Hopefully death and rebirth, (although still waiting on the rebirth bit). I´ve had several days where I wanted to do nothing but sleep all day and all night. I Didnt even know about it until a few days ago when I started this thread. Glad i finally figured out what was going on, i thought i was going crazy there for awhile.

I´ve never studied progressed moon, how do you calculate that?
August 26, 2019 at 03:38
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » ram_goat
No, I´m not crying right now,

?

Always loved and felt the sadness of that song, even at a young age. Like I knew how true it was before life even happened
August 26, 2019 at 03:10
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » HeavenSent
Thank you HeavenSent for sharing your story. Phew, that sounds awful. Makes my transit look like a walk in the park. My outside world has been going pretty good actually. It´s just the inner psychological torment has been painful for me. Feels almost like a death or something. That´s what´s so weird for me. My job has been going surprisingly well. Better than ever from a $ point of view. My social life is non-existent and my home life feels like a prison. Work has probably kept me sane, up until the point where I felt like I hit a 2´ solid concrete wall from sheer exhaustion. Funny I just discovered mine as it´s basically crossing the 90° threshold. It really had me digging and searching for wth is wrong with me
August 25, 2019 at 01:34
Good song, it really helps you cope with the hard times. When you´re emotions seem out of control. Today has been surprisingly calm and peaceful. I think just finally realizing what has been going on the last year or so, plus all the helpful words of wisdom on here, has brought me peace.

I started researching a little on my own Pluto transits, and now realize that around 2010 I had pluto square ascendant AND opposite mars. That´s about the time my first marriage started falling apart. I remember it was a very tumultuous time. Kinda interesting.

I actually had pluto opposite moon at about age 18 months. Of course I dont remember anything about it, but just wonder how that affected me at such an early age. (My parents said I hardly ever cried, which they thought was weird) Like I mentioned before, I have moon opposite pluto in my natal, about 4° orb. I do think that is a pretty significant aspect in my chart.

Still reading through the responses and trying to wrap my head around this. I knew something was up, just couldn´t figure it out until yesterday. I kept looking at my natal chart instead of transits. Learn something new all the time
August 24, 2019 at 18:51
(Aries) ram_goat » Sunnyshadow
by the time it retrogrades, you should be able to handle it with a laugh and a smile..

after the retrograde, you are done, for the rest of your life...

August 24, 2019 at 18:36
If it helps you keep from losing your shit then I have done something good in the world. We seem to be living in the era and the age of people losing their shit utterly..

On a personal note, I only try to tell you what I wish someone had been there to say to me during the worst of my own pluto transit.

It does pass and it does get better. Pluto transits are infrequent because pluto moves slowly, but also because the lessons are so deep and thorough they only need to be learned once in one lifetime.

It´s hard to know what resonates from one person to the next. Glad you were capable of hearing what I am trying to say.

http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology…

I don´t love having my tree shook this far into my 40´s but I suppose at any other time in my life, such as I was, it would have destroyed me. At least at this age I have the calm and wisdom to survive it. Can´t say that of other ages in my life..

August 24, 2019 at 18:22
Some pretty generic ob values for transits...

Sun, Venus Mercury – Three degrees applying, two degrees separating
Mars – Four degrees applying, two degrees separating
Jupiter – Five degrees applying, three degrees separating
Saturn – Four degrees applying, three degrees separating
Uranus – Three degrees applying, two degrees separating
Neptune – Three degrees applying, two degrees separating
Pluto – Three degrees applying, two degrees separating
August 24, 2019 at 15:54
"Doing time in that middle "empty" phase is like doing time in prison. Pluto´s prison. Feels like a kind of death, but watch your transits for timing.. should be out of orb at 5-6 degrees, some say 3 for the slow moving planets.."

Oh man, I´m screwed. I just went and browsed in time my transit chart, and pluto is gonna be square my moon for like 3 more years!?!? WTH? Its doing some funky retrograde motion. I´m gonna try to come up with a month to month position and see what´s going on here. This doesnt sound good

Edit: my moon is at 21.18 Aries. So pluto stays within 5° through October 2022. It dips in and out of orb. Hopefully the worst will be well behind me by then. Picture attached
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
August 24, 2019 at 15:38
Just read through that again and wanted to thank you for that. Theres alot of truth in there, from what I´m personally experiencing. The part about being a fixed sign and finding what works early and sticking to it. Then pluto comes along. Very accurate. Feeling like a prison. Plutos prison. Very accurate. Plus alot of other things..It all made sense.

Finding this transit going on might have actually made me feel better in some way. When I didnt know what was going on, I just thought I was going crazy and needed to "get out of here" Its reassuring to know this is most likely just a phase that will pass. Not unchanged, but it will pass
August 24, 2019 at 15:10
An interesting one that stood out to me was the Saturn trine Saturn transit.

It may be a time that results and experience from past actions could be used to work in your favor going forward.

Here´s the interpretation that I found:

Transit Saturn Trine Saturn
The transit of Saturn trine your natal Saturn indicates that you have reached a stable understanding of who you are, and that you can take more control over your own life and prepare to reach your goals. You can now have realistic and conscious control over the circumstances of your life, not merely as an intellectual understanding, but born of direct learning from past experiences.

You have reached a point of balance and can now make things work well. You can also count on the things, situations, and people that have survived through your past crises.

You have to reflect on how to obtain more independence, efficiency and stability in your work and social obligations, and in improving your public image. It is a good time to obtain public recognition for your merits. It is also a favorable time to obtain the respect of others, which can help smooth over any other conflict caused by other transits.

You can work with order and efficiency and plan long-term projects. You can now protect yourself and prepare against future threats.
August 24, 2019 at 14:42
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Havent had time to read and reply to alot of the post, but just wanted to add this picture of the transits going on with me right now. Seems like an awful lot of exact transits happening. Thanks everybody for the responses

Edit: never paid much attention to transits until now. What a way to discover them. The pluto/moon transit is applying still

Edit #2: pluto is actually in retrograde right now, and has actually already crossed exact square moon once. So it´s just hanging out square my moon ? looks like it will cross again late November, cant wait ?
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
August 24, 2019 at 12:28
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Interesting topic. I have Pluto currently trine my natal Moon and the emotional transformation and purging is still happening, the only difference is that i chose to work with it and it`s a somewhat gentler slower paced transformation. The craziness is still a thing for me too, emotional waves are much more obvious. I made the decision to go with the flow and not suppress what`s coming up. I have the strong urge to change a lot of things that are emotionally unhealthy. A lot has to do with family dynamics and karma that i want to end once and for all. In 2015 my progressed Moon was exactly square natal Pluto, that was a rough year with a few months that were quite emotionally extreme, i think that was a dark time for me. Pluto Moon contacts are no joke.
August 24, 2019 at 08:05
(Aries) ram_goat » HeavenSent
It sounds like this dude, whom you mention, RamGoat, St J of the X, must have been a contemporary.

they were contemporaries and knew eachother quite well...
August 24, 2019 at 07:53
(Leo) HeavenSent » ram_goat
W
O
W
W
O
W

16th C Spain.

St Teresa of Avila is one of my primary spiritual gurus.

It sounds like this dude, whom you mention, RamGoat, St J of the X, must have been a contemporary.

I definitely need to read the various texts you have been citing tonight.

[and maybe at some point, maybe here, or in a private conv, I´ll share the story of the young woman who is serving a 10 yr federal sentence for meth related convictions who discovered st teresa and her seminal treatise, The Interior Castle, while I still had the privilege of being her "prison mama" (i.e., b4 my release).

>>>Well, from a different tradition, adverse to astrology I would think..
St John of the Cross, written in the mid 1500´s... in Spain..

an excerpt from "The Living Flame of Love"..

Sounds a lot like a Pluto transit to me..

also...

(btw)

16th Spain was the golden Age of Drama.

Check out this play, LIFE IS A DREAM, by Calderon de la Barca.

It´s ALL ABOUT ASTROLOGY, and grapples with the question of Free Will v Fate....

:122: :122: :122: :81: :122: :122: :122:
August 24, 2019 at 07:22
(Aries) ram_goat
Well, from a different tradition, adverse to astrology I would think..
St John of the Cross, written in the mid 1500´s... in Spain..

an excerpt from "The Living Flame of Love"..

Sounds a lot like a Pluto transit to me..

"The very fire of love that afterward is united with the soul, glorifying it, is what previously assailed it by purging it, just as the fire that penetrates a log of wood is the same that first makes an assault on the wood, wounding it with the flame, drying it out, and stripping it of its unsightly qualities until it is so disposed that it can be penetrated and transformed into the fire.

Spiritual writers call this activity the purgative way. In it a person suffers great deprivation and feels heavy afflictions in the spirit that ordinarily overflow into the senses, for this flame is extremely oppressive.

In this preparatory purgation the flame is not bright for a person but dark. If it does shed some light, the only reason is so the soul may see its miseries and defects. It is not gentle but afflictive. Even though it sometimes imparts the warmth of love, it does so with torment and pain. And it is not delightful, but dry. Although sometimes out of his goodness God accords some delight in order to strengthen and encourage it, the soul suffers for this before and afterward with another trial.

Neither is the flame refreshing and peaceful, but it is consuming and contentious, making a person faint and suffer with self-knowledge. Thus it is not glorious for the soul, but rather makes it feel wretched and distressed in the spiritual light of self-knowledge that it bestows. As Jeremiah declares, God sends fire into its bones and instructs it [Lam. 1:13]; and as David also asserts, he tries it with fire [Ps. 17:3].

At this stage persons suffer from sharp trials in the intellect, severe dryness and distress in the will, and from the burdensome knowledge of their own miseries in the memory, for their spiritual eye gives them a very clear picture of themselves. In the substance of the soul they suffer abandonment, supreme poverty, dryness, cold, and sometimes heat. They find relief in nothing, nor does any thought console them, nor can they even raise the heart to God, so oppressed are they by this flame. This purgation resembles what Job said God did to him: You have changed to being cruel toward me [Jb. 30:21]. For when the soul suffers all these things jointly, it truly seems that God has become displeased with it and cruel.

A person´s sufferings at this time cannot be exaggerated; they are but little less than the sufferings of purgatory. I do not know how to explain the severity of this oppression and the intensity of the suffering felt in it, save by what Jeremiah says of it in these words: I am the man that sees my poverty in the rod of his indignation. He has led me and brought me into darkness and not into light. Only against me he has turned and turned again his hand. He has made my skin and my flesh old, and he has broken my bones. He has surrounded me and compassed me with gall and labor. He has set me in dark places as those who are dead forever. He has built around me that I might not get out. He made my fetters heavy. And besides this when I have cried out and prayed, he has shut out my prayer. He shut up my ways with square rocks and turned my steps and paths upside down [Lam. 3:1-9]. Jeremiah laments all this and goes on to say much more.

Since in this fashion God mediates and heals the soul of its many infirmities, bringing it to health, it must necessarily suffer from this purge and cure according to its sickness. For here Tobias is placing the heart on the coals to release and drive out every kind of demon [Tb. 6:8]. All the soul´s infirmities are brought to light; they are set before its eyes to be felt and healed.

Now with the light and heat of the divine fire, it sees and feels those weaknesses and miseries that previously resided within it, hidden and unfelt, just as the dampness of the log of wood was unknown until the fire applied to it made it sweat and smoke and sputter. And this is what the flame does to the imperfect soul.

This flame of itself is extremely loving, and the will of itself is excessively dry and hard. When the flame tenderly and lovingly assails the will, hardness is felt beside the tenderness, and dryness beside the love. The will does not feel the love and tenderness of the flame since, because of its contrary hardness and dryness, it is unprepared for this until the love and tenderness of God expel the dryness and hardness and reign within it. Accordingly, this flame was oppressive to the will, making it feel and suffer its own hardness and dryness.

Because this flame is immense and far-reaching, and the will is narrow and restricted, the will feels its confinement and narrowness in the measure that the flame attacks it. It feels this until the flame, penetrating within it, enlarges, widens, and makes it capable of receiving the flame itself.
August 24, 2019 at 07:18
holy f

wish someone had told me this [quoted below]...

...RamGoat, where / how did you learn this wisdom??

I have read only the first sentence, below, actually.
(bc of ptsd... I´ll look for the strength to persevere and read more,later.)

>>>You´ll have to keep a very cool head during the empty phase..

as impossible as it sounds, once that is over, you´ll have clarity and know exactly what to do. But for a while you just have to deal with waiting. It´s a mind fuck. Fear, restlessness, compulsion, obsession, taboo, secrecy, darkeness.. all pluto´s toys.. his lapdogs. You have to stare them down. If you show them your back, they will pounce on you as a pack and devour you. It´s an odd challenge, not one that you face in normal times. It´s like swimming with sharks without a cage.. if you panic and your heart rate races, the shark will sense it and attack..

only by staying calm will you come out of it ok. all other paths will destroy you in big or small ways.
August 24, 2019 at 06:40
:80:

{heavensent swims over from dull nostalgia utube trance with :37: and kim carnes & alannah myles... and floats for 6 minutes in the poetry zone of the pretender.

ty, ramgoat.

Man, I miss my brother.

:80:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »