Another N. Node thread

August 20, 2019 at 19:50 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Another N. Node thread
Its me again Margaret. Still wrestling with the meaning of life :61: Soo, this is what I´m contemplating at the moment. My N. Node is in 12th house, but it´s in the sign of Virgo. Basically my whole chart is turned inside out, being a Libra rising. So it makes it confusing. It´s like I have to read two contradicting translations for every house placement, or sign placement. ??

My question is, how does 12th house N. Node in Virgo manifest? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
August 23, 2019 at 04:11
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » fishscales
I used to write, but it was just random thoughts in a notebook. Some of it came out quite poetically, but I wasnt trying. Just came out that way. Kinda wish I would have stuck with it and have been thinking about starting another "thought journal"

Also used to play music, actually wrote a couple decent songs, but couldn´t really write song lyrics for some reason. Or i just thought it sounded corny. Most of my stuff was kind of abstract. Didnt really like being obvious in writing style
August 23, 2019 at 03:30
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
"Yeah, theres got to be about 1,000 movies, stories that end with that same scenario. Girl jilts successful but boring dude for the handsome but penniless drifter (and they live happily ever after in a tiki hut)"

Yeah this is why I shouldn´t write :61:

Never really tried writing stories, but even when I played music, I could never write good stuff from beginning to end

Was always better at embellishing other people´s ideas, or adding that weird thing that nobody ever thought of
August 23, 2019 at 03:15
(Leo) HeavenSent » fishscales
>>>Ironically, I don´t think hedonism is the answer.

I´ve tried it... doesn´t work. :61:

Agreed. But it´s fun while it lasts, and good for you in reasonable-sized doses. :27:

Luv the proposed ending! Maybe you get Calvin Klein interested in funding the film (jk, lol)
August 23, 2019 at 03:13
Yeah, theres got to be about 1,000 movies, stories that end with that same scenario. Girl jilts successful but boring dude for the handsome but penniless drifter (and they live happily ever after in a tiki hut)

So romantic! :61:

That must be why I´m single. That´s got to be it! :61:

Catalyst. Never thought of it that way
August 23, 2019 at 02:56
Just watched it on YouTube...

I´d definitely have to go more subtle...

No I love you´s

Something Jamie Lee Curtis would do circa-A Fish Called Wanda

The jerk guy was good though

It´s a cliche, but everyone loves to hate the "establishment devil" in whatever form he comes in...

He brings good things though...the catalyst
August 23, 2019 at 02:45
I cant remember if it was CD1 or 2 that had the girl turn down the city slicker for the Dundee :4: Just popped in my head.

That is weird
August 23, 2019 at 02:39
It does??

Shit I don´t remember... Don´t think I´ve seen it since I was like 15

Weird... My wife just brought that movie home for my kids to watch a couple of weeks ago too

Gotta check the ending out now
August 23, 2019 at 02:36
That last scene sounds too much like Crocodile Dundee :61: :61:

BUT, Mick had it figured out...kinda like Gump
August 23, 2019 at 02:30
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » HeavenSent
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
August 23, 2019 at 02:10
(Pisces) fishscales » HeavenSent
"Yes, that scene has all the qualities of an epic cinematic catharsis! Or yes, you could play it as comedy, too."

I tend to like those movies that mix it up. Like real life. :1:

"How would you depict the intervening years in your screenplay?"

No idea! I´m not a writer, that´s for sure. Sometimes I just hear things, or think of things, that I´d love to translate into a visual medium, along with the music (or lack thereof) that the "scene" in question would call for.

"Perhaps he goes on a deep journey of spiritual self-discovery, only to ultimately conclude that hedonism is the answer?"

Ironically, I don´t think hedonism is the answer.

I´ve tried it... doesn´t work. :61:

Knowing me, I´d probably come up with some corny ending where the guy gets back together with the woman he was with while he was at the company.

Who knows, maybe she was one of the reasons he kicked off his shoes that fateful day.

Last scene: While having some tense standoff with the guy, while in the presence of some jerk who´s trying to get her to go back to "real life", she kicks off her shoes and reenacts his whole routine he did at work all those years ago...

Would have to keep it tasteful of course :37:
August 23, 2019 at 01:31
(Leo) HeavenSent
With apologies to O.P. Didn´t mean to hijack your thread, Sunnyshadow! :27:
August 23, 2019 at 01:30
Yes, that scene has all the qualities of an epic cinematic catharsis! Or yes, you could play it as comedy, too.

I like that he "just" becomes a playboy, in the end, rather than a meditating swami. Although maybe he did that, too, ha.

How would you depict the intervening years in your screenplay?

Perhaps he goes on a deep journey of spiritual self-discovery, only to ultimately conclude that hedonism is the answer?

:61:
August 23, 2019 at 01:22
(Leo) HeavenSent » berrycat
Aw, thanks for the very nice words, berrycat!
August 22, 2019 at 20:28
(Pisces) fishscales » HeavenSent
I´m glad you got out of a world that didn´t suit you, and worked to get into a better one.

The corporate world can be rough going for the Pisces-influenced.

It does seem cold, one dimensional, and soulless. To me anyway.

Im sorry the catalyst had to be what it was though. :(

"I didn´t strip down to my skivvies, though, ha ha."

That does add kind of a special dimension to the story doesn´t it?

I think it would be a hilarious scene in a movie.

The frustrated director in me has always wanted to commit how I envision that scene to film.
August 22, 2019 at 16:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » HeavenSent
System message: Post has been written by user berrycat, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
HeavenSent, you are a brave and cool Pisces-rising lady x
August 22, 2019 at 16:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Sunnyshadow
System message: Post has been written by user berrycat, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I liked yours too. Absolutely, I think that this life is not set up to be conducive to people´s happiness or well-being. Your small hill sounds beautiful!
August 22, 2019 at 06:17
:108: That story is spectacular. And such great telling.

I worked in a well-paying soul-destroying corporate world setting during a now-distant life chapter, and one day, I, too, just stopped. I. just. could. not. do. it. for. another. minute.

My mother being diagnosed with a fatal illness was the trigger. I lay in bed for many days, unable to cope (Pisces rising), then got up, enrolled in a master´s degree, and pursued my real passion.

I didn´t strip down to my skivvies, though, ha ha.
August 22, 2019 at 00:10
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » berrycat
Liked your posts, glad there are others out there with the same struggles. I will take a look at her books. ? wish I could find my place in nature, I agree about the city life and too many people being hard on some of us. I used to live way out in the country on a small hill. Absolutely loved the sunsets out there. That´s the one thing I miss the most.
August 21, 2019 at 18:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Sunnyshadow
=====
Judith Orloff (have you heard of her?) has written some amazing books about how to function as a sensitive person. I found the exercises she includes about creating and maintaining energetic boundaries really helpful!

I have heard that a lot of empathic people think that their symptoms of sensory overload or ´mental and emotional burnout´ relate to a period of illness or a strange time in their lives and they will literally wait to get better. It can take a long time for individuals to acknowledge that some people, environments and situations are toxic for their energy.

I say that... but there are some of my jobs that have to go too!

x
August 21, 2019 at 18:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
Woohoo! Is this the reclusive empaths thread!?

I have a Scorpio Ascendant with a Cancer Moon and am water-dominant in my chart. If someone feels something... I will also.

I definitely believe that sensitive people thrive in nature and are harmed by built-up cities. And customer service!

x
August 21, 2019 at 14:40
Re the picture... It´s amazing what certain settings can do for our mental state

I dunno, I´m very effected by it

The great places we go for vacation, and the way they make us feel... I gotta wonder...why not just live there?

I know we can never escape ourselves, but I think certain environments can be more conducive to unfolding the better parts of ourselves, whether it´s because they´re more relaxing, closer to nature, or what have you.

Then again, I´m a Pisces with planets in the water houses, so I´m very sensitive to my environment.

Whstever´s out there, I soak it up.
August 21, 2019 at 14:31
I´m totally getting that hairdo to match as well

You could always test it by photoshopping Mel Gibsons Lethal Weapon hair onto a picture of yourself...

Maybe you could make it your new profile pic... First stages of saying "fuck the world" :15: :4:
August 21, 2019 at 14:26
"Oh trust me, I can get the point across fairly quick when I´m not in the mood. But then I sometimes feel guilty for being short with people, or failing to meet their expectations. It´s like a double edged sword."

Always, always the pattern with me too.

Must be the circle of hell reserved specifically for Libra ascendants... :61:

And with planets like Pluto and Uranus in our first houses, we probably find ourselves on the "regret" side of things more often than most Libra ascendants...

Maybe the Libra rising people with Mars in the 1st can relate...
August 21, 2019 at 04:12
View from a few nights ago,
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
August 21, 2019 at 03:59
:61: :61:

I´m totally getting that hairdo to match as well
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar